IGNORED

Dav is Deconstructing (Bethany & Dav)

clueliss

I only know what’s going on here as it relates to a 2+ hour video I watched from Jordan and McKay. They watched and commented on Dav deconstructing.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, I made a comment about it on the Girl Defined thread. I personally hope Dav can help Bethany see the problems with some of her religious views. Maybe she won’t completely deconstruct. But I hope she rethinks a lot of her beliefs. Not just modesty. She has said she changed beliefs on modesty. But I would like her to do more. But I don’t see her ever being an atheist. Just that maybe she change her mind on some of her more problematic beliefs. 

• Upvote 7

Fundie Fridays also put out a video on it if anyone is interested. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

The Antibot did a video on this with her husband of Genetically Modified Skeptic. Theirs was the most touching of the reaction videos for me. They really related to Bethany and Dav's deconstruction journey. I found myself a little in the feels about my own deconstruction journey. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

Watching the Antibot video right now; thank you for the recommendation! I think it's been clear that he's been examining his beliefs for a while but I'm surprised they actually seem to be communicating like adults about this. Well, so far: I've only seen 5 minutes. But so far Bethany comes across so much better here than she normally does. I hope she can gain some genuine self confidence from realizing Dave actually stands by her despite not having been just... condemned to remain married forever by religion. If she could build a personality apart from the shit her parents covered her with she might actually turn out to like life much more.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3