IGNORED

Dillards 94: After Counting the Cost

Coconut Flan

There are certain Will Ferrell movies I will always love and laugh at. Elf, Anchorman, and Stepbrothers always make me laugh. And I absolutely loved a few of his skits on SNL. More Cowbell and Jeopardy were my favorites. 

• Upvote 4

So funny, my daughter is annoyed by Will Ferrell too and I love him. Now one that does get under my skin is Jimmy Fallon. We watch Colbert at night, but have The Tonight Show recorded as back up. He annoys me. 

• Upvote 2

Back to the Dillards… are their kids still in public school? I’ve kind of lost track.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There are certain Will Ferrell movies I will always love and laugh at. Elf, Anchorman, and Stepbrothers always make me laugh. And I absolutely loved a few of his skits on SNL. More Cowbell and Jeopardy were my favorites. 

I had such a soft spot for Craig & Ariana, the cheerleaders.  Especially at the swim meet, with Tim Meadows.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Back to the Dillards… are their kids still in public school? I’ve kind of lost track.

I don’t think we know. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

So funny, my daughter is annoyed by Will Ferrell too and I love him. Now one that does get under my skin is Jimmy Fallon. We watch Colbert at night, but have The Tonight Show recorded as back up. He annoys me. 

Fallon is okay; it’s his sidekick announcer on The Tonight Show that I cannot stomach. I had to look up his name just now—Steve Higgins. Is he supposed to be some kind of throwback to a Jack Benny type? Along talk show host lines, I never cared for Conan O’Brian or Chelsea Handler either. 

For some reason, I dislike a lot of TV news celebrities. First of all, why are they celebrities? And why must they wax on about their personal lives? I don’t need to hear that you gave your newborn daughter the middle name of your great-grandmother who used to sell apples from a cart to support the family. Just deliver the news. I don’t care for Al Roker, Jenna Bush Hager, Amy Robach or Julie Chen, among a few others, and I really disliked Joan Lunden. 

17 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

No clue. Lately the Dillards seem to be going about quietly living their lives so not much new which is why the thread drift.

I looked up when the Dillards youngest was born: July 2022. Old enough to consider getting pregnant one more time? I have some questions. Article says Jill had a miscarriage November 2021. Is that correct? Or was that when she went public with the news? Because she then had a baby 8 months later? Did she give her body no time to recover from the miscarriage? Just wham, bam, pregnant again? I had a miscarriage and during the grieving process, I definitely did not want to immediately start having sex again.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3

Jill said in an interview that the boys were in school. She did have a miscarriage but I don’t remember the date. They gave it at least a bit of time before conceiving again.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I would like to say Jill's miscarriage was in September 2021. I do think she got pregnant vith Freddy very soon afterwards. Wasn't it a very early miscarriage?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

I would like to say Jill's miscarriage was in September 2021. I do think she got pregnant vith Freddy very soon afterwards. Wasn't it a very early miscarriage?

Yeah, I think that's right. It was a really early loss, more like a chemical pregnancy. Physical recovery was probably pretty easy for her and a lot of people get pregnant quickly after early losses like that. 

• Upvote 6

@Cam that's so funny, I always say I wish they'd fire Fallon and give the show to Steve Higgins, who I love. 🤣 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, Cam said:

I like Drew Barrymore just fine, think she’s beautiful, loved reading her memoir, and “The Wedding Singer” is one of my favorite movies. But I cannot stomach her as a talk show host. At all. 

I rather like Drew but whenever I see her show, sitting on the couch, she is so touchy and in your (her guest's) space. It freaks me out watching it.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 1

I don't like Will Ferrell. I liked him on SNL but I don't care for his movies. I have no urge to see Elf ever. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jill said in an interview that the boys were in school. She did have a miscarriage but I don’t remember the date. They gave it at least a bit of time before conceiving again.

The boys could be "in school" at home. Or at a school. It's not definitive proof, and Derick is a master of semantics now. He could have s hooked Jill in how to answer questions about school. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

The boys could be "in school" at home. Or at a school. It's not definitive proof, and Derick is a master of semantics now. He could have s hooked Jill in how to answer questions about school. 

In the articles/interviews published around the time their book came out, it specifically said the boys were in public school. I definitely understand between the added scrutiny following the book and Derick's job that they wouldn't want to publicly share which school(s) their kids attend (even without those things, I think it's a good idea to keep that info private). 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

26 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

In the articles/interviews published around the time their book came out, it specifically said the boys were in public school. I definitely understand between the added scrutiny following the book and Derick's job that they wouldn't want to publicly share which school(s) their kids attend (even without those things, I think it's a good idea to keep that info private). 

Agreed. I find it weird that people are so persistent with the boys' educations. Even if they did say they were in public school, it wouldn't be that hard for a zealous fan to track down which school. They've stated in the past they believe in public school, so I think it's safe to say the boys are being properly educated and any vagueness is to protect their privacy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

44 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

In the articles/interviews published around the time their book came out, it specifically said the boys were in public school

I think the boys are enrolled in public school and most likely attending a brick and mortar building, but there are public school options that are entirely on-line. 

Our homeschool co-op has many kids who are full fledged on-line public school students but they participate in our co-operative homeschool PE, visual arts, music, band, orchestra, and clubs such as D&D, weekly movie nights, and dances like prom, homecoming, and Sadie Hawkins. 

As such, they could be getting a public school curriculum without many of the public school experiences people assume when they hear that the boys are in public school. 

• Upvote 5

I think someone posted awhile ago that the school district is broken up in a very weird way. Like kindergarten and first in one school. Second and third in another school. Fourth and fifth in another school. So knowing the grades of the boys means people can easily figure out which school they go to. And I understand wanting to keep that private. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I have some opinions on Derick and his crappy beliefs, but I don't think that he would neglect his childrens education. He know that Jills so called education is severely limited. The boys could be in a public or private school, or even a co-op of some sort (I don't know the American system that well), but I don't think that Derick would want them to be taught at the SORDT by his wife.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

Carry on here:

• Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic