IGNORED

Artemis (Cynthia Jeub) 2: Still Grifting

Coconut Flan
hoipolloi
Message added by hoipolloi,

REMINDER:

Please be sure that when you quote from someone's social media accounts or provide screenshots that their account is a public account, and not private.

Please review FJ's rule on the use of private information. Paraphrasing is allowed if you happen to be a FB friend or IG follower. 

1 hour ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Their latest attempt at humor and explaining their perspective on the rest of us who are suckers for wanting to keep a roof over our heads and pay bills. 

FB_IMG_1708714260922.jpg

They aren't wrong that these tips aren't helpful. But Art - a non-voting, anti-work advocate - is not helping the cause for higher minimum wage, or worker protections, or the housing crisis.  These kind of "jokes" are not helpful. 

The vast majority of people I talk to have NO idea how government works, separation of powers, what a tort is or what a regulation is, what the FDA does vs the FAA or the even the President.  Much less how much power is in STATE government.  You want to make changes to your life? Stop whining about it on the internet, stop with these kinds of memes (which you have no idea where it came from or what the purpose is for) and start learning about what your state government is doing.  Especially in small states  - those states are so easy for special interest groups to purchase.  It's also pretty easy to get elected, as voters have so little idea who their state reps are, who is in the house senate, what bills they want to pass, etc.  But people like Art are content to sit in bed and cry about it.  

You want higher minimum wage in your area? WORK for it.  California passed it recently, because people demanded it.  Trade groups and business will fight against it, every time.  

But either way, Art doesn't have a job, even part time.  So higher minimum wage won't help. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Their latest attempt at humor and explaining their perspective on the rest of us who are suckers for wanting to keep a roof over our heads and pay bills. 

FB_IMG_1708714260922.jpg

Seriously, though. Eat some beans once in a while.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

Maybe they need comments to their posts like, "I came here to support you, but I see you are against having an evil job. The money I planned to give you was earned through my job, therefore it is evil and you won't want it."

They delete and block any comments like this, as well as most comments even questioning their line of thinking.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

Minimum wage in Seattle is almost $20/hour. Part time work shouldn't interfere with their aid. One hour of work would have given them the $20 they requested for laundry. One. Hour. 

They could probably panhandle for an hour outside and make twice that. Or get a part time job in hospitality and have stable income. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

They could probably panhandle for an hour outside and make twice that. Or get a part time job in hospitality and have stable income. 

I think it is borderline hilarious that we'd have more respect for the grift if they went out in person, vs keyboard begging.
Can you imagine Artemis working in hospitality? Exactly the type of person I'd expect to spit in my drink for no reason, deliberately not greet customers when they are standing there waiting, and provide the rudest service imaginable. Then complain how the industry was mean to them and how they can't work there because of the bad vibes.

Given today's climate and crappy standards of hiring I don't believe that they can't get a job. They won't. They are fully invested in their disability story, and no matter of real life facts will dissuade them that they are not the most disablest human out there.

Before the pile on about how we can't know other's situations... I'm all for providing help to people with disabilities. It's really hard not to see how this person has more talent and ability than average. It's an insult to the community to have someone like this posing as one of them rather than helping themselves.

But I'm willing to be educated on the subject. Is being raised fundie a disability if you decide it was insurmountable as an adult? I would love compensation for my fundie childhood, but I've asked around and it's not happening. What am I missing here?

• Upvote 6

The most recent Facebook post is asking people about what income generating strategies they have used and how they worked or didn't for them.

I dunno, I'm totally bougie - my income generating strategies have pretty much always involved finding jobs (occasionally multiple ones) and being paid through them. Some I didn't enjoy that much, some I quite enjoyed. I recognise that I have advantages in health and being able to look at a wide range of jobs from manual labour through to work requiring specific qualifications and skill sets. (Manual labour was great when I was in the process of acquiring the qualifications and skill sets - finish job, go home, don't have to think about it. Yes tired, but from an intellectual side I could leave it at the door, unlike the qualified stuff which I have a much harder time switching off from.)

One advantage of Art finding work would also just be expanding their current social and daily interaction circle - I could be wrong but it currently feels very small and isolated. You don't always enjoy working with people but it does expand your viewpoints, even if only in a "people... really do that then?" kind of way.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

The most recent Facebook post is asking people about what income generating strategies they have used and how they worked or didn't for them.

I dunno, I'm totally bougie - my income generating strategies have pretty much always involved finding jobs (occasionally multiple ones) and being paid through them. Some I didn't enjoy that much, some I quite enjoyed. I recognise that I have advantages in health and being able to look at a wide range of jobs from manual labour through to work requiring specific qualifications and skill sets. (Manual labour was great when I was in the process of acquiring the qualifications and skill sets - finish job, go home, don't have to think about it. Yes tired, but from an intellectual side I could leave it at the door, unlike the qualified stuff which I have a much harder time switching off from.)

One advantage of Art finding work would also just be expanding their current social and daily interaction circle - I could be wrong but it currently feels very small and isolated. You don't always enjoy working with people but it does expand your viewpoints, even if only in a "people... really do that then?" kind of way.

I suspect they will be hearing from all the MLM huns: excuse me, direct selling entrepreneurs.

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I am fairly certain their current social interaction includes their partner and that's it.  Everyone else is online.  And even with that, there is very limited engagement on their facebook posts and on X.  They seem to have some local people who have helped them in the past but there is no indication either way if they are still helping or are socially interacting.  I still wonder what Art's partner contributes to their relationship.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Art wants us to send money for groceries because there is a store next to the bus stop and they have to go there anyway to get back from urgent care.  So for some reason it is on us to send them grocery money.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Art wants us to send money for groceries because there is a store next to the bus stop and they have to go there anyway to get back from urgent care.  So for some reason it is on us to send them grocery money.

And they already raised $40. Amazing.

• WTF 4

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

So they get SNAP benefits replenished on the 5th for some reason, and they need groceries to "hold them over," along with face wash and cat litter. I could not imaging having to post my purchases every month and beg for the internet to give money to purchase basic necessities. I'm not sure what the trip to Urgent Care has to do with buying groceries. But at least they are taking the bus instead of an uber, and buying groceries instead of door dash. 

Door dash really adds up, I can't believe how expensive it is.  Something on the menu that normally sells for $13 (lunch) is usually listed for $15 or $16, then they add a $1 "delivery charge" and then 3.99 in 'fees" and then the $4-5 tip.  So what used to be a reasonably priced lunch for my area is now $25. And it seems like the least paid employees around here buy it more often than anyone else. Like the CEO is not ordering door dash, she's meal prepping. But the $16/hour receptionist, she's having door dash daily. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

So they get SNAP benefits replenished on the 5th for some reason

I didn't find anything definitive about when SNAP benefits are issued in Washington (that is their state, right?), but next door in Idaho, they get rolled out over a 10 day period.

Idaho sends out benefits over the first 10 days of every month, based on the last number of your birth year.

A few years ago there was a big deal about all the Idaho food stamp cards being replenished on the 1st day of the month. The grocery stores (especially the affordable ones) would have huge lines on the first. The stores complained, or lobbied, enough to get the change. Maybe Washington has a staggered release system, too?

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I didn't find anything definitive about when SNAP benefits are issued in Washington (that is their state, right?), but next door in Idaho, they get rolled out over a 10 day period.

A few years ago there was a big deal about all the Idaho food stamp cards being replenished on the 1st day of the month. The grocery stores (especially the affordable ones) would have huge lines on the first. The stores complained, or lobbied, enough to get the change. Maybe Washington has a staggered release system, too?

Here in California, your renewal day corresponds to your case number.  So if it ends in a 3, you get it on the 3rd.  They roll out over the 1st 10 days per month.  Google says in Washington, it has to do with the 1st letter of your last name. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, keepercjr said:

Here in California, your renewal day corresponds to your case number.  So if it ends in a 3, you get it on the 3rd.  They roll out over the 1st 10 days per month.  Google says in Washington, it has to do with the 1st letter of your last name. 

Has Art legally changed their name?

• Thank You 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:26 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I could not imaging having to post my purchases every month and beg for the internet to give money to purchase basic necessities.

My opinion, based on very little info about them, is that they ask for funds based on trial and error. They have found out which kind of "begs" elicit more contributions and that's how they word their begs. They might need those specified items, but maybe really want things that people who work for their evil money won't support. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, marmalade said:

Has Art legally changed their name?

My educated guess is no.  That costs money.  Art and Ryann (unsure if that is his name anymore) had tried to fundraise to get married and didn't make enough so they never got married. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

My educated guess is no.  That costs money.  Art and Ryann (unsure if that is his name anymore) had tried to fundraise to get married and didn't make enough so they never got married. 

That's what I was thinking. Although how much does it cost to get a marriage license and go to the courthouse? 

I imagine a legal name change is more costly.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, marmalade said:

That's what I was thinking. Although how much does it cost to get a marriage license and go to the courthouse? 

I imagine a legal name change is more costly.

But they want the custom rainbow suits and rainbow rings and and the fees for the certificate, courthouse ceremony and a charge for each witness. 80 bucks for the courthouse fee, 70 for the certificate and 20 dollars per witness.

• Upvote 5

It's about $300 for a name change in their county. So, it's a tossup.

• Thank You 2

On 3/2/2024 at 3:07 AM, formerhsfundie said:

And they already raised $40. Amazing.

But is that still enough for a quality cheesecake?

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

Here is one of their fundraisers.  It says Ryann's name was changed legally, Art's wasn't.

https://givebutter.com/BQXyXN

I can't find the one specifically about a wedding

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Yesterday they asked for money for cat litter and a phone bill.  The rent was somehow covered by supporters (don't know how much they needed as they never asked for it on their social media).  Art used to be able to work.  I wonder what happened in the last few years to make it not possible anymore.

image.png.3d83d2a2b8ccdcfec645981a7fc468bb.png

• Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 2

30 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

Yesterday they asked for money for cat litter and a phone bill.  The rent was somehow covered by supporters (don't know how much they needed as they never asked for it on their social media).  Art used to be able to work.  I wonder what happened in the last few years to make it not possible anymore.

image.png.3d83d2a2b8ccdcfec645981a7fc468bb.png

They say it's because of their chronic back pain from working as child. As well as some mental things where they cant work for long hours or on their feet all day. But I honestly think Art could work at a call center or something, they could sit all day, make some decent money, only deal with people on the phone. But Art and their partner have become part of the anti work movement and believe everything should be provided for them. Healthcare and certain things I can see the argument for, but Pets, smartphones, are supplies and a really nice apartment are not things they should just be given. they could live a lot more affordably if they moved out of Seattle. There are plenty of blue suburban cities in cheaper states.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, raayx01 said:

They say it's because of their chronic back pain from working as child. As well as some mental things where they cant work for long hours or on their feet all day. But I honestly think Art could work at a call center or something, they could sit all day, make some decent money, only deal with people on the phone. But Art and their partner have become part of the anti work movement and believe everything should be provided for them. Healthcare and certain things I can see the argument for, but Pets, smartphones, are supplies and a really nice apartment are not things they should just be given. they could live a lot more affordably if they moved out of Seattle. There are plenty of blue suburban cities in cheaper states.

Right but did Art develop this back pain in the past few years or did they have back pain and still worked in jobs?  I think it is more mental than anything else.  I could see Art working a part time job doing something that they don't take home with them (mentally) and being ok.  And yes they are definitely anti work, asking for donations from people who work. 

The asking for a $500 smart phone in the fundraiser was crazy to me.  You can get a decent quality used smart phone for much less than that. 

• Upvote 3

$26 cat litter?? Here we go again. Frugal and reasonable they are not.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic