IGNORED

Chris Licht Ousted From CNN

47of74

CNN CEO Chris Licht has been ousted from CNN . 

Chris Licht is out at CNN after leading the news network for a little more than a year, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The chief executive's departure comes as he faced a rebellion among CNN's talent and staff. His tenure was riddled with programming missteps and rock-bottom ratings. He drew even more heated criticism in recent weeks after the network hosted a town hall with Donald Trump that was packed with scores of the former president's cheering fans.

But it was an unflattering 15,000-word profile of Licht in The Atlantic that might have sealed his fate. He apologized to staffersMonday morning, but top brass at CNN's parent company, Warner Bros. Discovery, including CEO David Zaslav, weren't happy with the article and the aftermath.

The move comes soon after David Leavy, a key Zaslav ally, was named the network's new chief operating officer. Leavy was tasked with taking over marketing, public relations, advertising sales, facilities and other logistics.

• Thank You 7

I haven't watched CNN since the day of Trump's town hall.

Let's see if they can win me back (can't say I ever loved them but it was a convenient channel to have on in the background).

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I haven't watched CNN since the day of Trump's town hall.

Let's see if they can win me back (can't say I ever loved them but it was a convenient channel to have on in the background).

I generally don’t watch the news on TV that much anyways.  I still don’t think CNN has learned much. 

• Upvote 4

Mr. Olbermann is having fun with Chris getting the boot from CNN in today’s Countdown podcast. 

• Thank You 1