GreyhoundFan

Eastman is a real piece of work:

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer:

• Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

A January 6 traitor is going away for a while

A leader of the Proud Boys who led the far-right organization’s infamous march to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, has been sentenced to 17 years in prison – among the longest sentences handed down yet for a convicted rioter.

Joe Biggs was convicted by a Washington, DC jury of several charges including seditious conspiracy for attempting to forcibly prevent the peaceful transfer of power from then-President Donald Trump to Joe Biden after the 2020 election.

“Our Constitution and laws give you so many important rights that Americans have fought and died for and that you yourself put on a uniform to defend,” District Judge Timothy Kelly said in handing down the sentence. “People around the world would give anything for these rights.”

But January 6, 2021, Kelly said, “broke our tradition of the peaceful transferring of power” in the United States.

• Upvote 9

LOL, the kraken doesn't want to be around her colleagues.

image.png.4a2e3146918f92c968edb276cf55314e.png

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

LOL, the kraken doesn't want to be around her colleagues.

image.png.4a2e3146918f92c968edb276cf55314e.png

Krakens are solitary creatures, used to the depths... of murk.

Also most sane decision I've seen from her in a while.

• Upvote 9

Damn, some of those Proud Boys be headed to the gray-bar hotel to do some very hard time: 

• Joe Biggs, 17 years
  •  Zachary Rehl, 15 years

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Damn, some of those Proud Boys be headed to the gray-bar hotel to do some very hard time: 

• Joe Biggs, 17 years
  •  Zachary Rehl, 15 years

• Dominic Pezzola, 10 years
  • Ethan Nordean, 18 years
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Pezzola should have gotten a much longer sentence.

Actually, they all should have received longer sentences.

• Upvote 9

Disgusting. I guess there's going to be pro-Trump gangs in prison now. What a bizzarro world all of this has dragged us into. I'm sure the american justice system is going to do what it does - and by that make people "better" criminals. What will happen in 10-15 years when these people come out as hardened criminals, out of touch with current society, job skills expired/difficulty getting a job as a felon, probably bitter that they were locked up, etc. I feel like it's very probably that these white supremacist, racists will be more hard line than before and with easy access to guns once out.

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Yeah was grade A stupid.  It could cause the judge to either revisit the prison sentence and decide it's not long enough.  Or the DOJ could file an appeal that Pezzola's sentence isn't long enough.  Both on the grounds that Dominic was full of shit when he did his crocodile tears in court.  Scott said that the other DC judges watch watch's happening with other judges dockets and keep was defendants do after court to see if their tears in court match up with their actions.  So Pezzola may have fornicated all fellow January 6 traitors by giving judges reason to be even stricter with sentencing.

• Upvote 7

I thought about this and isn't it likely the judge had decided the sentence before hand? 

Lots of folks noting that time in a Federal prison is hard time, very hard time. It won't be a country club prison.  

Ten years will be brutal, or how ever many years he ends up serving.  Every day will be hard, family events will be missed, his wife may or may not wait it out. 

• Upvote 6

Wow, those proud boys really learned their lesson. /s

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow, those proud boys really learned their lesson. /s

Jack Smith is watching this too, and probably snickering right now...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Big day for Enrique Tarrio, who will be sentenced this afternoon.  Word on the street is that prosecutors are asking for 33 years. 

• Thank You 5

Biggs used Alex Jones' lawyer - Norm Pattis - so that's at least consistent.  Alex Jones ended up owing over a billion dollars in damages and Biggs spends almost two decades in prison.  Can't wait to see who hires Norm next!

• Upvote 5

The kraken wants to delay one of her trials. I'm sure that will sit well. Not.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

These people are insane:

"Taking a tour."  Oh brother. 

Also - Defending yourself against charges that you tried to create a revolution.... while wearing Revolutionary war garb.  Alrighty then.  

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, bea said:

Biggs used Alex Jones' lawyer - Norm Pattis - so that's at least consistent.  Alex Jones ended up owing over a billion dollars in damages and Biggs spends almost two decades in prison.  Can't wait to see who hires Norm next!

I wish he could be Trump's lawyer!

• Upvote 7

Hilarious... when she started singing 'send me money' I literally laughed out loud.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Reason #934,555,230,101 why TFG can't be allowed to win in 2024:

image.png.a4755f32b3e0ffe8d193e4e14b34f4c2.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Fuck Face advisor Navarro got convicted. 

Former Donald Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro has been convicted of contempt of Congress for not complying to a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

Navarro is the second ex-aide to the former president to be prosecuted for his lack of cooperation with the committee. Steve Bannon was convicted last year on two contempt counts. Bannon’s case is currently on appeal. 

Navarro pledged to appeal based on executive privilege issues.

I hope the appeals go down nowhere and history considers him to be a something that would get me sent to a prayer closer even by my Episcopal priest if I said it out loud. (I’m fairly liberal and she is much more than I am). 

• Upvote 5