IGNORED

Charles and Camilla 2

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Have to disagree. Too much blue. Especially the Walses. Geez, we know blue is your favourite colour. There are other ways to achieve a harmonious and matching picture of a family unit. You don’t have to put them all in 99% blue. And the bright blue coat with the hat was just too much. Too long and too rectangular silhouette, too bright against everyone else. Nothing against a strong colour for this occasion but this looked bad. 

If the Cambridges truly want the kids to have a "normal upbringing", the kids should be choosing their own clothes now. George and Charlotte are old enough, anyway. For healthy development, they should be making these choices now, with reasonable boundaries, of course.

I tend to doubt that happened. The clothes were chosen by Kate to match the color scheme she chose for the photographers.

That is not something that happens in a "normal" family. It is also not necessary. What terrible thing would have happened if the kids picked out their own clothes? If George chose his own dark suit, and his own tie and socks? If Charlotte chose her own dress and tights?

This is an example of choosing the media over your kids' well-being. 

I don't know...I thought everyone looked really nice. The children's outfits were adorable; I'm sure that Charlotte's dress has already sold out in the shops and online. Kate looked stunning as always, and the other women looked great, too. And Sarah Chatto with her orange sweater (jumper) and pearls! Ever so slightly eccentric but it looked just right on her. Kate's outfit did stand out a bit, colorwise, but not so much she was a 'sore thumb.' She dresses that way a lot, I guess I'm used to seeing that bit of extra in her wardrobe choices. 

Someone from England correct me if I'm wrong, please: Andrew was there because, despite the photographers, it was a family occasion and not an official one? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

I don't know...I thought everyone looked really nice. The children's outfits were adorable; I'm sure that Charlotte's dress has already sold out in the shops and online. Kate looked stunning as always, and the other women looked great, too. And Sarah Chatto with her orange sweater (jumper) and pearls! Ever so slightly eccentric but it looked just right on her. Kate's outfit did stand out a bit, colorwise, but not so much she was a 'sore thumb.' She dresses that way a lot, I guess I'm used to seeing that bit of extra in her wardrobe choices. 

Someone from England correct me if I'm wrong, please: Andrew was there because, despite the photographers, it was a family occasion and not an official one? 

Andrew was there because the BRF is arrogant enough that they think they can gradually assimilate a sex pest back into the family. They don't think he did anything all that terrible (not like giving an interview, for example).

Louis is cute, but I was not a big fan of the dark suit coat with the light color shorts.

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

I have to say, I'm not a fan of Sophie's hat; it looked overlarge and out of place. I thought everyone else looked nice.

• Upvote 1

The Wales family looked nice but I am getting sick of the blue theme. Do we even know why they’ve adopted blue as their official family colours?? Pls tell me it’s not because of Big Blue. 

Sophie looked terrible. 

And yes; Andrew was there because it was their family going to church, not a state or official event. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Loveday said:

That’s exactly right. It’s been made clear that he’s still family and welcome on family occasions. Interesting that he was so front and centre with Princess Anne though. I was really glad to see Sarah Chatto and her husband there as well I think she’s great and deserves to be there.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, viii said:

The Wales family looked nice but I am getting sick of the blue theme. Do we even know why they’ve adopted blue as their official family colours?? Pls tell me it’s not because of Big Blue. 

They really like to match and my guess is that it‘s just very easy with blue. Noone looks really bad in it and it‘s not as „loud“ as them all wearing red, for example. Personally, I would prefer them coordinating more subtly and they have done it before. They don‘t have to all wear that one color.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

That’s exactly right. It’s been made clear that he’s still family and welcome on family occasions. Interesting that he was so front and centre with Princess Anne though. I was really glad to see Sarah Chatto and her husband there as well I think she’s great and deserves to be there.

I did think it a little odd that he was so blatantly THERE. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Loveday said:

I did think it a little odd that he was so blatantly THERE. :my_dodgy:

He's been making waves about writing a book. Plus, Charles and William apparently want him out of Royal Lodge, which I can't imagine Andrew would leave without a fight. 

Having him there at Easter front an center could have been a way to pacify him for the time being. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

He's been making waves about writing a book. Plus, Charles and William apparently want him out of Royal Lodge, which I can't imagine Andrew would leave without a fight. 

Having him there at Easter front an center could have been a way to pacify him for the time being. 

What are they so afraid of? What could he possibly reveal? I really wonder about what the royals are so afraid of--what have they been doing?

If you live right, you have a lot less reason to be afraid of someone dishing about your secrets--because you don't have any.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Oh, lort, he's writing a BOOK? Not sure whether to laugh or cry about that, so I'll just compromise and 🙄

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Oh, lort, he's writing a BOOK? Not sure whether to laugh or cry about that, so I'll just compromise and 🙄

Yes, there's been a few articles about it. He's pissed that Charles isn't sharing his inheritance, so is saying that he needs to find ways to make money. 

I do think Charles needs to find a permanent solution to keeping Andrew quiet and in the background. He really shouldn't kick Andrew out of Royal Lodge. William may want it, but Charles needs Andrew happy right now more than he needs William happy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I do think Charles needs to find a permanent solution to keeping Andrew quiet and in the background. He really shouldn't kick Andrew out of Royal Lodge. William may want it, but Charles needs Andrew happy right now more than he needs William happy. 

Why does Charles need to keep Andrew happy? What has Charles done?

I don't understand the fuss about the balcony. Why does the press keep going on about it? They assume that everyone is desperate to be on the balcony--but why? What is so fun about it? Honestly, the royals on the balcony usually look bored or annoyed, and the kids look bored or intimidated. I don't think it's as great as everyone thinks, and I doubt the minor royals are waiting with bated breath to see if they get to be on it. They'd probably rather be inside drinking tea or --who knows? -- playing video games.

Why do they think Meghan and Harry will be sad if they don't appear on the balcony? Harry grew up on the balcony--I doubt he cares at all. Meghan and Doria have been on the balcony at least once--and didn't look all that thrilled.

I think there are other royal perks that would mean a great deal more. An invite to Sandringham, for example, or a ride on the royal train. But standing on a balcony in the cold/rain/sun? I bet most of them can't wait till they can go inside.

I really dont' think being "banned" from the balcony means all that much.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone see the “Coronation quiche” recipe? “A deep quiche with a crisp, light pastry case and delicate flavours of Spinach, Broad Beans and fresh Tarragon. Eat hot or cold with a green salad and boiled new potatoes - perfect for a Coronation Big Lunch!” The Big Lunch is the plan for people to have street parties to celebrate the coronation, as has been done for previous coronations and jubilees. Do the British really want to celebrate with broad bean quiche? (Also, potatoes as the side dish? Really?)

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

48 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Did anyone see the “Coronation quiche” recipe? “A deep quiche with a crisp, light pastry case and delicate flavours of Spinach, Broad Beans and fresh Tarragon. Eat hot or cold with a green salad and boiled new potatoes - perfect for a Coronation Big Lunch!” The Big Lunch is the plan for people to have street parties to celebrate the coronation, as has been done for previous coronations and jubilees. Do the British really want to celebrate with broad bean quiche? (Also, potatoes as the side dish? Really?)

Aren't broad beans also known as fava beans? Perhaps serve that quiche with a nice Chianti. 😁

• Haha 7

And If they picked something fancier or heartier the complaints would have rolled in how they were out of touch, wasteful, supporting unhealthy eating .. you name it really. 

They literally can’t win. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

And If they picked something fancier or heartier the complaints would have rolled in how they were out of touch, wasteful, supporting unhealthy eating .. you name it really. 

They literally can’t win. 

Yeah, I do think they wanted something vegetarian with rather cheap ingredients as people are encouraged to make this for their street parties. In the current crisis and with Charles being known as an enviromentalist, coronation filet mignon would probably not have been well-received. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Apparently, there have been relatively few applications for street parties anyway. Some cities have had none at all. So I don't think there will be a run on spinach and beans.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s a nice light healthy dish. I suppose their will be more to eat than quiche as well right? 

Loads of stuff, I'm sure. The quiche will be just one of many dishes. I'd love to be in England for the coronation, a Big Lunch sounds fun!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

A day off and everyone having neighborhood parties... it does sound like fun.

We would have barbeque or grilled meat of some sort if it was in TN.  (There is a difference between barbeque and grilling meat like steak or hamburgers).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

In Texas barbecue but also fried chicken and macaroni or potato salad is the thing :) 

I make a pretty good macaroni and cheese, I could bring that. And baked beans. 

I'm going to be on my own Coronation weekend. I need to make a food plan. 😆

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic