IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

Did anyone see the interview Liberty did for Operation Meatball? After watching it, I still can’t understand how she helps veterans.. how is cosplaying and parachuting helping vets? Is her and Faith in a dress the “treat” for old men? 

Around minute 37 Liberty talks about how shitty the German cemetery is in France from the war and she said something of "this is what happens when you lose.” However she also goes on to tell her meatball children the Germans were kids ages 12-14.

She also speaks of her time in Vietnam and how she cured a vets ptsd by bringing him back to the battlefield 🥴🫣  

As a vet who’s lost many friends by their own hands, can we leave the mental health to the mental health experts?! Maybe raise funds for them to afford good therapists and treatments rather than galavanting all over France?!

Lastly, I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this. I did search cheatball and found the forums closed. 

link for interview: https://www.facebook.com/groups/561835462261916/permalink/773445281100932/?mibextid=S66gvF

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Biberty Bop has finally made it! People are thanking her for her service 🫡

Vision Forum reposted it. So they saw the original, and didn’t think to correct anyone thanking her for her service? Borderline stolen valor, with all due disrespect to the photographer. First jumping in her boyfriend’s uniform and now this. 

Original post: https://www.facebook.com/100058095336650/posts/pfbid0tPwibjKY1KKwtzoAvzyeR1cBDBG4BwgNDTP63B3KJprwRP6WK1ZsmL7hK6ugX4b5l/?mibextid=cr9u03

Vision Forum post: https://www.facebook.com/56307449963/posts/pfbid0tX3SUuNtMBsr6d9jZg2PYaj7nQugEF9QjFjDYsuMZEQ5fLzw17FUfmAm5TRYd3Tql/?mibextid=cr9u03

1D59D224-E6D4-4289-A84F-DE77A76F93D1.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3

7 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Did anyone see the interview Liberty did for Operation Meatball? After watching it, I still can’t understand how she helps veterans.. how is cosplaying and parachuting helping vets? Is her and Faith in a dress the “treat” for old men? 

"Liberty has spent most of her life honoring our Veterans." Liberty has spent most of her life grifting, is more like it. She is 26 years old. Obviously, she learned from her parents, themselves grifters par excellence, but she is definitely catching up since Operation Meatball and now Bridge to History are providing lots of free travel & cosplay opportunities. Besides the borderline stolen valor, it is galling to hear Liberty described as a historian and educator. AFAIK, she graduated from SOTDRT and did no further academic work.

Couldn't listen to more than 10 minutes or so of that interview but I did learn that Be-All works for Liberty & Operation Meatball. Apparently, she is some kind of secretary-administrator and handles travel arrangements, scheduling, etc.

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Tangy Bee said:

Who exactly is Liberty?? Which Vision Forum branch did she fall off?

She is the oldest daughter of Doug and Beall Phillips, 3rd of their 8 kids. Doug & Beall founded VF

Liberty had a front row seat to Doug's & Beall's grifting during the VF heyday. When she talks about being on Iwo Jima at age 8 for the 50-year anniversary it's because her parents flew themselves and their 8 kids out there and back, and had lovely vacation in Hawaii as well on the same trip. You know damn well that Doug & Beall did not pay out of pocket for the thousands in airfares for that trip or any of the other VF jaunts around the US & Europe over the 10 years or so VF was in business.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

She is the oldest daughter of Doug and Beall Phillips, 3rd of their 8 kids. Doug & Beall founded VF

Liberty had a front row seat to Doug's & Beall's grifting during the VF heyday. When she talks about being on Iwo Jima at age 8 for the 50-year anniversary it's because her parents flew themselves and their 8 kids out there and back, and had lovely vacation in Hawaii as well on the same trip. You know damn well that Doug & Beall did not pay out of pocket for the thousands in airfares for that trip or any of the other VF jaunts around the US & Europe over the 10 years or so VF was in business.

I can’t get over the patting of themselves on the back for this. You get a vacation in France and try to pretend you’re helping vets. I boulder from time to time. I need to figure out how to turn that into a way to “help vets.” 🥴

She is now an educator and historian. Liberty, where are the receipts! Formal certifications??? Degrees from an accredited university??? Who would send their kids to this train wreck? She visits these historical sites with kids, and is reading from her iPhone…

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Around minute 37 Liberty talks about how shitty the German cemetery is in France from the war and she said something of "this is what happens when you lose.” However she also goes on to tell her meatball children the Germans were kids ages 12-14.

She also speaks of her time in Vietnam and how she cured a vets ptsd by bringing him back to the battlefield 🥴🫣  

As a vet who’s lost many friends by their own hands, can we leave the mental health to the mental health experts?! Maybe raise funds for them to afford good therapists and treatments rather than galavanting all over France?!

Lastly, I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this. I did search cheatball and found the forums closed. 

link for interview: https://www.facebook.com/groups/561835462261916/permalink/773445281100932/?mibextid=S66gvF

Wow, I knew that Operation Meatball (that fucking name🙄) was useless at best, but now I see they are downright dangerous.  

Curing PTSD? Grave shaming brave men who fought and died in a war? What a twunt.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

She is now an educator and historian. Liberty, where are the receipts! Formal certifications??? Degrees from an accredited university??? Who would send their kids to this train wreck? She visits these historical sites with kids, and is reading from her iPhone…

Her role model? Her father led Hazardous Journeys that involved manly men adventures during Vision Forum's heyday . 

So, Doug Phillips did this: Into the Amazon: One Lost World, Thirty Men, Seven Mysteries (Complete Study Course)

<snip> "Join them as they explore piranha-infested rivers and vampire bat caves, discover strange insects and fascinating plant life, fly over the mysterious Nazca lines, and encounter the remains of pagan civilizations that continue to negatively influence modern cultures...Learn the truth in the battle between radical environmentalism and biblical Christianity!"

full text under the spoiler: 

Spoiler

Uncover seven amazing mysteries to the glory of God! Introducing Into the Amazon: One Lost World, Thirty Men, Seven Mysteries - The Complete Study Course.
In these seven exciting episodes - shot on location in Peru - Doug Phillips and his team of thirty men journey to the Amazon jungle, high into the Andes Mountains, and to the Great Peruvian Desert on a quest to uncover the mysteries of Amazonia and learn about our Creator. Join them as they explore piranha-infested rivers and vampire bat caves, discover strange insects and fascinating plant life, fly over the mysterious Nazca lines, and encounter the remains of pagan civilizations that continue to negatively influence modern cultures.
As you watch each episode and answer the study guide questions, your family will discover why the Amazon is one of the most controversial places on earth. Learn the truth in the battle between radical environmentalism and biblical Christianity!
Use the Into the Amazon Study Course as part of your homeschool curriculum, or as a church study group resource to teach your family about God s amazing creativity and design. Learn how to debunk the false evolutionary presuppositions and dangerous humanistic worldviews of our culture as you experience these exciting adventures together.
The Into the Amazon Study Course includes 5 hours of video on 4 DVDs, a 109-page study guide with answer key, 9 hours of post-episode audio commentary on MP3, and a certificate of completion.
"Excellent content and picture definition. Like a Christian National Geographic. Any family would enjoy this." 

Operation Meatball had to change at some point; there are very few living WWII vets for them to cosplay with.  

This HuffPo article from the time of his resignation is a good overview: 

Nov. 6, 2013:  Doug Phillips: The Big Scandal You Didn't Hear About and Why It Matters    His supporters are lauding his resignation letter as appropriately contrite repentance and arguing that this has no bearing on the validity of Biblical Patriarchy. But actually it does, making this more important than another hypocritical sex scandal.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

Her role model? Her father led Hazardous Journeys that involved manly men adventures during Vision Forum's heyday . 

So, Doug Phillips did this: Into the Amazon: One Lost World, Thirty Men, Seven Mysteries (Complete Study Course)

<snip> "Join them as they explore piranha-infested rivers and vampire bat caves, discover strange insects and fascinating plant life, fly over the mysterious Nazca lines, and encounter the remains of pagan civilizations that continue to negatively influence modern cultures...Learn the truth in the battle between radical environmentalism and biblical Christianity!"

full text under the spoiler: 

Hide contents

Uncover seven amazing mysteries to the glory of God! Introducing Into the Amazon: One Lost World, Thirty Men, Seven Mysteries - The Complete Study Course.
In these seven exciting episodes - shot on location in Peru - Doug Phillips and his team of thirty men journey to the Amazon jungle, high into the Andes Mountains, and to the Great Peruvian Desert on a quest to uncover the mysteries of Amazonia and learn about our Creator. Join them as they explore piranha-infested rivers and vampire bat caves, discover strange insects and fascinating plant life, fly over the mysterious Nazca lines, and encounter the remains of pagan civilizations that continue to negatively influence modern cultures.
As you watch each episode and answer the study guide questions, your family will discover why the Amazon is one of the most controversial places on earth. Learn the truth in the battle between radical environmentalism and biblical Christianity!
Use the Into the Amazon Study Course as part of your homeschool curriculum, or as a church study group resource to teach your family about God s amazing creativity and design. Learn how to debunk the false evolutionary presuppositions and dangerous humanistic worldviews of our culture as you experience these exciting adventures together.
The Into the Amazon Study Course includes 5 hours of video on 4 DVDs, a 109-page study guide with answer key, 9 hours of post-episode audio commentary on MP3, and a certificate of completion.
"Excellent content and picture definition. Like a Christian National Geographic. Any family would enjoy this." 

Operation Meatball had to change at some point; there are very few living WWII vets for them to cosplay with.  

This HuffPo article from the time of his resignation is a good overview: 

Nov. 6, 2013:  Doug Phillips: The Big Scandal You Didn't Hear About and Why It Matters    His supporters are lauding his resignation letter as appropriately contrite repentance and arguing that this has no bearing on the validity of Biblical Patriarchy. But actually it does, making this more important than another hypocritical sex scandal.

Omgggggggg this is the twilight zone!!

So if you go to the post on WARTOG, as of now they are blocking comments calling her out on her bullshit but keeping the ones thanking her for her cervix. Argh I mean service 🫡

D351D465-C48E-4A96-AC1E-C31DF96EDB78.jpeg

Edited by ptm6114
Privacy
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Degrees and formal certifications are for men. When they need to sound impressive.  

I do wonder where she’s getting the kids who are going on the trips she hosts. I can’t imagine anyone outside of VF being familiar with her, and there’s probably not enough money there for a few kids and dad to take an expensive trip overseas. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

There are a ton of evangelical homeschoolers with discretionary cash.  Sending the kids off overseas with a Christian woman probably seems safe to a lot of people.  They feel more secure knowing their kids are being taught a Christian version of events and not being led astray by some godless heathen.

21 minutes ago, ptm6114 said:

So if you go to the post on WARTOG, as of now they are blocking comments calling her out on her bullshit but keeping the ones thanking her for her cervix. Argh I mean service

You,  my dear, have a lovely sense of humor.  I'm still laughing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Biberty Bop has finally made it! People are thanking her for her service 🫡

Vision Forum reposted it. So they saw the original, and didn’t think to correct anyone thanking her for her service? Borderline stolen valor, with all due disrespect to the photographer. First jumping in her boyfriend’s uniform and now this. 

Original post: https://www.facebook.com/100058095336650/posts/pfbid0tPwibjKY1KKwtzoAvzyeR1cBDBG4BwgNDTP63B3KJprwRP6WK1ZsmL7hK6ugX4b5l/?mibextid=cr9u03

Vision Forum post: https://www.facebook.com/56307449963/posts/pfbid0tX3SUuNtMBsr6d9jZg2PYaj7nQugEF9QjFjDYsuMZEQ5fLzw17FUfmAm5TRYd3Tql/?mibextid=cr9u03

1D59D224-E6D4-4289-A84F-DE77A76F93D1.jpeg

To begin with: I don’t do looks-shaming. The following is not a commentary on Liberty’s face. 

To get to the point: This photo scared me. Major Cesar Romero-as-the-Joker vibes. The acrylic nails are the petrified cherry on top of the disrespectful sundae.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

From the Reddit AMA with the Shiny Happy People producer. Should we start a betting pool as to whether or not Dougie agrees to an interview? I imagine he’d be more than likely to back out, but also that man’s never met a microphone he didn’t like. Maybe if they promise him he can come in a costume of his choosing…

IMG_2585.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

To begin with: I don’t do looks-shaming. The following is not a commentary on Liberty’s face. 

To get to the point: This photo scared me. Major Cesar Romero-as-the-Joker vibes. The acrylic nails are the petrified cherry on top of the disrespectful sundae.  

Yeah the red lips are absolutely not allowed in uniform unless it’s dress attire. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

From the Reddit AMA with the Shiny Happy People producer. Should we start a betting pool as to whether or not Dougie agrees to an interview? I imagine he’d be more than likely to back out, but also that man’s never met a microphone he didn’t like. Maybe if they promise him he can come in a costume of his choosing…

IMG_2585.jpeg

"Sure, you can wear whatever. Cellos? We can make that happen, as many as you like."

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Naga Viper said:

"Sure, you can wear whatever. Cellos? We can make that happen, as many as you like."

Moar! Moar! Moar! (How do you like your cellos?)

• Haha 7

I would pay CASH MONEY for a documentary about DPIAT and that whole mess.

OTOH, Liberty is a grifter using veterans as a way to get 1. attention and 2. money.  OTOH, did she really have a chance to be anything else?  She was raised by narcissist Doug and Queen of Denial Beall, she has no formal education, no work history, and went from VF royalty to "dad disappeared after a sex scandal because he was sexually harassing and assaulting my babysitter and mom is supporting us and we have no money and we're living in a drafty rental house...."  While I have very little sympathy for that whole family, that must have been traumatic.

The whiplash is kind of incredible.  "Dad will pick your husband and you must have chaperoned God-honoring not-dates until your future husband is allowed to propose and then maybe you can hold hands" to "met a divorced dad who has a kid with his girlfriend and a history of domestic violence and now I'm his side piece, also look at my picture with a full face of makeup and weird acrylic French nails!"

Whew.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, bea said:

The whiplash is kind of incredible.

Also, when they moved to Durango, Mom is now working OUTSIDE THE HOME doing elder care and dad is in the wind admiring the minimally clad, very flexible bodies in a burlesque troupe. 

• Upvote 11

And Beall was so weird about it!  She didn't directly say she was employed, just that she was "helping" the elderly.  It was easy for us to read between the lines, but someone else might have just assumed she was volunteering.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, bea said:

I would pay CASH MONEY for a documentary about DPIAT and that whole mess.

OTOH, Liberty is a grifter using veterans as a way to get 1. attention and 2. money.  OTOH, did she really have a chance to be anything else?  She was raised by narcissist Doug and Queen of Denial Beall, she has no formal education, no work history, and went from VF royalty to "dad disappeared after a sex scandal because he was sexually harassing and assaulting my babysitter and mom is supporting us and we have no money and we're living in a drafty rental house...."  While I have very little sympathy for that whole family, that must have been traumatic.

The whiplash is kind of incredible.  "Dad will pick your husband and you must have chaperoned God-honoring not-dates until your future husband is allowed to propose and then maybe you can hold hands" to "met a divorced dad who has a kid with his girlfriend and a history of domestic violence and now I'm his side piece, also look at my picture with a full face of makeup and weird acrylic French nails!"

Whew.

You hit the nail on the head so hard with that! At the end of the day, no one gives a crap what 2 consenting adults do behind closed doors.. however the hypocrisy in that family knows no bounds! How can Beall slut shame Lourdes and send her threatening emails about jeopardizing her marriage prospects while Liberty is shacked up with Jeffrey in his camper (yes he lives in a camper) “watching movies” during All American week. So your daughter is exempt from the slut shaming??

imagine being named “Liberty, Faith, Honor, and Justice” by people who embody anything but those values 😬

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 6/6/2023 at 2:17 PM, ptm6114 said:

Omgggggggg this is the twilight zone!!

When I was 8 or 9 there was a Twilight Zone episode called Little Girl Lost that featured a portal into another dimension. 

Anyway, Vision Forum is another dimension.  Entertaining to read about but you never really want to go there.   You could get caught in there when the portal closes. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

They should let him bring his burlesque friends, too. He can have backup dancers for his interview!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7

Vision Forum was only introduced to me fairly recently from my friend. Is Lourdes the only one who has came forward about Doug? No doubt his “do as I say, not as I do” approach to ministry negatively impacted many families. I feel like that whole family is full of fakes and they’re just hiding closets full of secrets. 

Funny enough, my friend would have never know about Liberty or her Father if Jeff wasn’t the one to spill the beans about them. Great triangulation there Jeffy! Apparently Doug is 5’6” and wears cowboy boots.. is this true? If so it all makes sense. 

As for where they are now. They all share an apartment in San Antonio. With the exception of the 3 who’ve flown the nest. Beall and Liberty have A makeready business where they clean new construction sites. Not sure about Doug though. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Vision Forum was only introduced to me fairly recently from my friend. Is Lourdes the only one who has came forward about Doug? No doubt his “do as I say, not as I do” approach to ministry negatively impacted many families. I feel like that whole family is full of fakes and they’re just hiding closets full of secrets. 

To the best of our knowledge, yes. I think a number of us were expecting someone else might come forward after the initial scandal, but it’s been ten years and nothing yet. 

• Upvote 3

You kind of have to wonder if there was some sort of payoff.

Or, more likely, Doug was frolicking with women over the age of consent who were not VF members. 

Has anybody in that circle ever SAID anything about it?  About VF falling apart and DPIAT and Beall slinking into the shadows and abandoning all VF ever stood for without so much as a complaint?  Kind of makes you wonder if they ever really adhered to the VF way - they did SOTDRT, but the whole hierarchy man-in-charge thing seems like it might not have been more performative than anything else.

• Upvote 4