IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Of course she doesn’t. She saw how her life fell apart when her dad was caught cheating (I’m pretty sure she was 17-18 at Tool’oween.) To admit that she’s being cheated on too would open a whole lot of questions she probably doesn’t want to ask regarding family patterns (will all the men I love cheat? Am I destined for only cheating men like my mother, etc.) I’m sure those kids never got any kind of therapy after the affair, and now it’s going to play itself out in myriad ways in all their lives. Poor Liberty. 

Curious what tool’oween is? I’ve seen it mentioned before as I’ve read through some of the posts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ptm6114 said:

Curious what tool’oween is? I’ve seen it mentioned before as I’ve read through some of the posts.

It was the day that Dougie’s sins found him out, and he stepped down and issued his official statement. It happened around Halloween, and that’s how it got the name. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, Columbia said:

It was the day that Dougie’s sins found him out, and he stepped down and issued his official statement. It happened around Halloween, and that’s how it got the name. 

Appreciate the information. Concerns for the child of Jeffrey being around the Phillips has been brought up. The mother is adamant that Liberty nor her family are to be around the child because of what happened with Lourdes and Liberty's stance on what her father did. Apparently Liberty believes Lourdes only did what she did “for the money.” However, I did read though the court documents and I found one piece of information very disturbing: Doug was 100% caught outside of this woman’s bedroom window, by her father and brother—past midnight. Curious if this has been discussed previously. To me, that screams he is guilty considering she told him to leave her alone. 

I think it’s funny he constantly posts about the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial. Uh, was Johnny Depp caught outside Amber’s bedroom window?!

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

He’s enamored with all the grandiosity of the Phillips

What do you mean by this? Does he know what Vision Forum was? Has he previously known the Phillips? Was he involved in any of the VF stuff while it was still around? Grandiosity is definitely not the way I’d describe that family now. 12 years ago, maybe, but not now while Doug is skulking around who knows where with who knows what women and Beall still convinces everyone that she’s happily married. 

• I Agree 2

2 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Apparently Liberty believes Lourdes only did what she did “for the money.”

Implying that Lourdes made false claims about sexual abuse by Doug Phillips? Or that it happened and Lourdes reported it for financial gains? 

From the Christian Post, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 08, 2013

Christian Family Ministry Leader Doug Phillips Resigns After Admitting to 'Inappropriate Relationship'

Doug Phillips, whose organization Vision Forum advocates for "Biblical patriarchy," admitted to having committed a "serious sin" and claimed that he had confessed it his "wife and family, [his] local church, and the board of Vision Forum Ministries."

"I engaged in a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman. While we did not 'know' each other in a Biblical sense, it was nevertheless inappropriately romantic and affectionate," wrote Phillips.

This is pretty deep in the weeds, but it was my understanding at the time that the "inappropriately romantic and affectionate aspect" involved oral sex. 

But whatever Liberty thinks about her father, I truly and deeply hope that she kicks this Jeffrey guy to the curb before the abuse begins and she finds a super nice guy who will treat her well.   

Is Liberty familiar with his past history of abuse?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

What do you mean by this? Does he know what Vision Forum was? Has he previously known the Phillips? Was he involved in any of the VF stuff while it was still around? Grandiosity is definitely not the way I’d describe that family now. 12 years ago, maybe, but not now while Doug is skulking around who knows where with who knows what women and Beall still convinces everyone that she’s happily married. 

As far as I know, he didn’t know of them until he met Liberty last year in Orlando. The Phillips still present themselves in a grandiose way and he’s all about it. He tags along to her events (roll call, MCM in DC) and they jump with a WWII demonstration team. She was also trying to get him to go to Normandy in June, which would be cool if he didn’t have a kid he never sees. He will tell the baby mama he has to go to these events because of work and Liberty just happens to be there. 

While I think the Phillips are fake and full of shit (from everything I’ve read), he gets a major ego stroke from all of this and doesn’t care how rotten they are. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Howl said:

Implying that Lourdes made false claims about sexual abuse by Doug Phillips? Or that it happened and Lourdes reported it for financial gains? 

From the Christian Post, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 08, 2013

Christian Family Ministry Leader Doug Phillips Resigns After Admitting to 'Inappropriate Relationship'

Doug Phillips, whose organization Vision Forum advocates for "Biblical patriarchy," admitted to having committed a "serious sin" and claimed that he had confessed it his "wife and family, [his] local church, and the board of Vision Forum Ministries."

"I engaged in a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman. While we did not 'know' each other in a Biblical sense, it was nevertheless inappropriately romantic and affectionate," wrote Phillips.

This is pretty deep in the weeds, but it was my understanding at the time that the "inappropriately romantic and affectionate aspect" involved oral sex. 

But whatever Liberty thinks about her father, I truly and deeply hope that she kicks this Jeffrey guy to the curb before the abuse begins and she finds a super nice guy who will treat her well.   

Is Liberty familiar with his past history of abuse?

Yes she is, she was told by 2 different people, one message was very detailed, cut and dry, no he said she said bs, the message was to “be careful,” and her response was to take screenshots and send it to Jeffrey. And she text him “Her text last week really pushed the line to the inth degree. I interpreted it as a ’stay away from my man’ not a health and wellness check. After all the pressure she's put on you to stay away from me, I can't believe it was the latter.” 

I will give Liberty this: she is getting everything filtered through Jeffrey and he is a master manipulator. However Jeffrey himself told her he’s not a good person and she said something along the lines of “I'm a Phillips. We don't bug out at the first sign of difficulty.”

Liberty thinks everyone who’s reached out to warn her are all conspiring against Jeffrey to keep them apart 😬🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m pretty sure I can get screen shots but idk if it’s appropriate to post here?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ptm6114 said:

Yes she is, she was told by 2 different people, one message was very detailed, cut and dry, no he said she said bs, the message was to “be careful,” and her response was to take screenshots and send it to Jeffrey. And she text him “Her text last week really pushed the line to the inth degree. I interpreted it as a ’stay away from my man’ not a health and wellness check. After all the pressure she's put on you to stay away from me, I can't believe it was the latter.” 

I will give Liberty this: she is getting everything filtered through Jeffrey and he is a master manipulator. However Jeffrey himself told her he’s not a good person and she said something along the lines of “I'm a Phillips. We don't bug out at the first sign of difficulty.”

Liberty thinks everyone who’s reached out to warn her are all conspiring against Jeffrey to keep them apart 😬🤦🏻‍♂️

Kinda curious how you're finding out all this verbatim? Is Jeffrey telling your friend about what Liberty texts him, and how she responds to him telling her he's a bad person?

(sorry if that comes across as doubting you, not doing that all! I just have experienced enough manipulators like Jeffrey to want to try and keep a pulse on how the information is flowing and who it's flowing from, if that makes sense)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I can easily imagine Doug portraying himself in a grandiose way in 2023. He may not have much of an online presence, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t talk himself up whenever he’s got the chance. Doug is still Doug. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, ptm6114 said:

I’m pretty sure I can get screen shots but idk if it’s appropriate to post here?

It very much is not. We do not post private discussions here. Public interactions only.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, Nancy-Druesel said:

Kinda curious how you're finding out all this verbatim? Is Jeffrey telling your friend about what Liberty texts him, and how she responds to him telling her he's a bad person?

(sorry if that comes across as doubting you, not doing that all! I just have experienced enough manipulators like Jeffrey to want to try and keep a pulse on how the information is flowing and who it's flowing from, if that makes sense)

Totally understand. I know the ex and her late husband because we were all enlisted together. When Jeffrey and my friend split, she told him if he got help, legit help, they could work on things. He never did but constantly pursued her and constantly wanted to work things out with her. After Jeffrey met liberty, my friend was like “we have nothing beyond coparenting you’re seeing other women” and he told her Liberty was just a friend. They went to Disney together in October ‘22 for the kid’s birthday and she saw his texts messages from Liberty where they we’re definitely more than friends and where Liberty spoke of the other things mentioned. 

6 hours ago, Columbia said:

Wasn’t his usual “Formal” name on FJ back then “Doug Phillips (who) is a Tool!”? Which also helped the name creation?

11 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Wasn’t his usual “Formal” name on FJ back then “Doug Phillips (who) is a Tool!”? Which also helped the name creation?

I believe I can take some semblance of credit for his full, proper style: 

Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)

The full story is somewhat lost to memory, but there was someone complaining of google tactics who was somehow involved in this mess. I *think* i was the one who came up with that (Who Is a Tool) idea. Maybe. It's been a hot minute since I joined FJ y'all, and I can't remember what I had for lunch most days. ;)

Edited by Destiny
more words
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

I will give Liberty this: she is getting everything filtered through Jeffrey and he is a master manipulator.

FJ is a snark site, we absolutely love it when someone spills some tea on people we follow.  However, elderly mother hen here, I'd encourage you check in with your friend to make sure it's OK to post the specific details you're sharing. 

Your friend will be co-parenting with (or at least dealing with) this guy for the next 18 or 20 years (assuming college is involved) and he doesn't sound like a good guy. 

This guy or Liberty can easily find FJ online and read it all, so it's important not to make anything crazier than it already is or bring any heat down on your friend or yourself. 

That said, Liberty sounds smitten and unable to process the information she's getting on how bad this guy is.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Howl said:

FJ is a snark site, we absolutely love it when someone spills some tea on people we follow.  However, elderly mother hen here, I'd encourage you check in with your friend to make sure it's OK to post the specific details you're sharing. 

Your friend will be co-parenting with (or at least dealing with) this guy for the next 18 or 20 years (assuming college is involved) and he doesn't sound like a good guy. 

This guy or Liberty can easily find FJ online and read it all, so it's important not to make anything crazier than it already is or bring any heat down on your friend or yourself. 

That said, Liberty sounds smitten and unable to process the information she's getting on how bad this guy is.

Agree with you 100%

I want to add this site is amazing and all the information is appreciated. We (USMC vets group of friends) do not believe liberty is the angel she portrays, with the disclaimer that her parents absolutely failed her. It seems that playing on veterans and the military is her way of self promotion. I wasn’t shocked to see a previous thread on this. As for the person who asked if Doug reads this, without going into details, it’s highly likely the answer to that question is yes, he does in fact read this 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Howl said:

This is kind of what I was thinking too. If this guy didn't already know that his ex read his text with Liberty, having this information his full name mentioned on a site that's indexed by Google would be a really bad way for him to find out, given his history with domestic violence. 

And @ptm6114, You may be anonymous to us, but you've given enough information that you very likely are not to Jeffrey if he Googles his name and reads this. Just something to keep in mind.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Nancy-Druesel said:

This is kind of what I was thinking too. If this guy didn't already know that his ex read his text with Liberty, having this information his full name mentioned on a site that's indexed by Google would be a really bad way for him to find out, given his history with domestic violence. 

And @ptm6114, You may be anonymous to us, but you've given enough information that you very likely are not to Jeffrey if he Googles his name and reads this. Just something to keep in mind.

I agree with what you are saying. He knows she read the texts, she confronted him immediately. Jeffrey hasn’t met me yet, but it’s not something I worry about. My friend has been considered as well. He has dragged his ex through the mud and made her out to be at fault for everything. We all agree that people like Jeffrey and Doug shouldn’t remain hidden. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

However Jeffrey himself told her he’s not a good person and she said something along the lines of “I'm a Phillips. We don't bug out at the first sign of difficulty.”

Huge red flag snapping smartly in the breeze.  This is a woman who has witnessed her mom stand by her dad through it all; maybe she considers it a sign of (dysfunctional) womanly strength to continue a relationship with a  manipulative abuser who has outed himself as such.  Or she's entertaining a fantasy that he'll change for the better due to her amazing influence. Which brings us to 

Lyric snip to "Stay" by Justin Bieber/Kid LAROI: 

I do the same thing, I told you that I never would
I told you I changed, even when I knew I never could

I know that I can't find nobody else as good as you
I need you to stay, need you to stay, hey
I need you to stay, need you to stay, yeah

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Huge red flag snapping smartly in the breeze.  This is a woman who has witnessed her mom stand by her dad through it all; maybe she considers it a sign of (dysfunctional) womanly strength to continue a relationship with a  manipulative abuser who has outed himself as such.  Or she's entertaining a fantasy that he'll change for the better due to her amazing influence. Which brings us to 

Lyric snip to "Stay" by Justin Bieber/Kid LAROI: 

I need you to stay, need you to stay, hey
I need you to stay, need you to stay, yeah

I believe there’s a saying in neuroscience, your brain will choose a familiar hell over an unfamiliar heaven.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

I believe there’s a saying in neuroscience, your brain will choose a familiar hell over an unfamiliar heaven.

Boom!  

*looks around furtively to see if anybody noticed I need to apply this to myself*

• Love 9

12 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

I recall an AA member saying, “I’d crawl over a room full of healthy women to get to the one alcoholic!”

• Upvote 5

On 5/8/2023 at 2:53 AM, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Natty’s hearing will take place when the county board of Elections have their meeting today at 3 PM.

It will be streamed live on the county’s Facebook and YouTube channels. 

A video recording of the May 8 hearing is now up on YouTube.

Natty tries to speak (out of order) at around the 5 minute mark and is told he has to wait until the agenda item is up, when he will be allowed a chance for rebuttal. The complaint against him starts at around the 6:45 minute mark.

ETA: Sounds like the complainantʻs challenge will not succeed. 

(1) The commissionʻs legal counsel opined that the statute(s) cited by the complainant are not applicable. Under them, the commission doesn't have the authority to do anything & they may likely not apply to this situation. Complainant will need to go to the prosecutor to see if the allegations of false voter registration are actionable.

(2) Natty said that the property purchased by his wife will be a rental property & is being renovated so while its address appears on various informal & official records, it is not his voting address. He submitted various receipts which the commission will review before issuing its decision.

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Thank You 8

17 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Natty said that the property purchased by his wife will be a rental property & is being renovated so while its address appears on various informal & official records, it is not his voting address.

In addition to IT and photography, looks like some fundies gravitate to real estate for $$$$$.  Investors, flippers, real estate agents: Scottie Brown, various Botkins, Maxhells to some extent, Brackrick!  Can't think of any others at the moment.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

A video recording of the May 8 hearing is now up on YouTube.

Natty tries to speak (out of order) at around the 5 minute mark and is told he has to wait until the agenda item is up, when he will be allowed a chance for rebuttal. The complaint against him starts at around the 6:45 minute mark.

ETA: Sounds like the complainantʻs challenge will not succeed. 

(1) The commissionʻs legal counsel opined that the statute(s) cited by the complainant are not applicable. Under them, the commission doesn't have the authority to do anything & they may likely not apply to this situation. Complainant will need to go to the prosecutor to see if the allegations of false voter registration are actionable.

(2) Natty said that the property purchased by his wife will be a rental property & is being renovated so while its address appears on various informal & official records, it is not his voting address. He submitted various receipts which the commission will review before issuing its decision.

I wonder if this means that they live with his parents

• Rufus Bless 1

35 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

I wonder if this means that they live with his parents

Just imagine living with Natty and his parents. What hell that must be.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1