IGNORED

Joe Biden 2: President Dark Brandon For The Win!

GreyhoundFan

Dark Brandon has no patience for Doocy's crap:

• Haha 10

So the MAGA on my FB feed is currently cackling about Biden mixing up.Egypt and Mexico. I have no idea what he's on about, don't care enough to look. It occurred to me though that even if Biden was/is developing dementia I still trust the people around him a hell of a lot more than I trust those surrounding Trump. Seriously, I trusted the people around both Bushes and Reagan more than I trust those surrounding Trump, and I was half-convinced as a teenager that Reagan would blow up the world accidentally by pushing the big red button.

The previous recent administrations - Trump very much excepted - I didn't have as much of a feeling that the entire team was out to enrich themselves as much as possible, as quickly as possible, while simultaneously openly aiming to subjugate as many people into achieving that aim and living under their religious views as possible. Or if they were, they were savvy enough to know that staying quiet about it was a better way of achieving it. 

I don't know. If the "leader of the free world" has to be an elderly white male then I'd definitely prefer the one who is taking fewer memory tests, who isn't openly fascist, who isn't a thief and predator, and importantly who is surrounded by people who seem to have as their core aim the betterment of society, even as they fall short of perfection. Sigh.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

So the MAGA on my FB feed is currently cackling about Biden mixing up.Egypt and Mexico. I have no idea what he's on about, don't care enough to look. It occurred to me though that even if Biden was/is developing dementia I still trust the people around him a hell of a lot more than I trust those surrounding Trump. Seriously, I trusted the people around both Bushes and Reagan more than I trust those surrounding Trump, and I was half-convinced as a teenager that Reagan would blow up the world accidentally by pushing the big red button.

The previous recent administrations - Trump very much excepted - I didn't have as much of a feeling that the entire team was out to enrich themselves as much as possible, as quickly as possible, while simultaneously openly aiming to subjugate as many people into achieving that aim and living under their religious views as possible. Or if they were, they were savvy enough to know that staying quiet about it was a better way of achieving it. 

I don't know. If the "leader of the free world" has to be an elderly white male then I'd definitely prefer the one who is taking fewer memory tests, who isn't openly fascist, who isn't a thief and predator, and importantly who is surrounded by people who seem to have as their core aim the betterment of society, even as they fall short of perfection. Sigh.

Donald Trump takes memory tests like Jill Rodrigues takes pregnancy tests. (Or like Michelle Duggar used to take pregnancy tests.)

• Haha 11

image.png.472ad841618becd24914fee0d961f56d.png

image.png.60fd0f76b4fc335cee9f426d142dee5a.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Dark Brandon is on TikTok!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Dark Brandon is so Darlk Brandon a beer was named after him 

IMG_8501.thumb.png.feea391949f698ccc88c2d6baa608c6d.png

• Upvote 6

This is so cute. I always love to hear how couples met each other, and their story is particularly endearing.

• Love 5

image.png.eef4937d2e4d6ca496eb103e97ad436d.png

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Dark Brandon called out the House for their two week vacation...

President Joe Biden on Friday criticized the House for taking a two-week break amid a heated push for additional funding for Ukraine in its war against Russia.

After addressing reports of Russian opposition figure Alexey Navalny’s death on Friday, Biden was asked by reporters whether there was any way to get additional ammunition to Ukraine without the passage of a supplemental funding bill by Congress.

“No, but it’s about time they step up, don’t you think?” the president said. “Instead of going on a two-week vacation.”

Biden raised his voice: “Two weeks, they’re walking away. Two weeks. What are they thinking? My God, this is bizarre, and it’s just reinforcing all of the concern and almost – I won’t say panic – but real concern about the United States being a reliable ally. This is outrageous.”

• Upvote 9

Go Dark Brandon!

image.png.895361ee9278f4239142a46d3fba7a5e.png

• Haha 12

Turley is such an asshole and shill for the GQP. I wish Georgetown would fire him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

This focus on Biden's age is becoming old. Gavin Newsom has the perfect response.

• Upvote 8

image.png.37420d4d2706bc073fe7f8ae13084ce5.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Since my polling station is two houses up from me I walked up there after my chrio adjustment today to put my primary vote in for Dark Brandon.  Reasonably sure he'd wind up winning anyways but I since have no issues with the job he's doing I wanted to spell it out to everyone too. 

I think I like the Minnesota system better where they just have a primary on Super Tuesday since I'm not dicking around in a caucus place for 4 to 5 hours like we were during the 2020 caucuses awaiting their decision on the winner while I missed the last in person camera club meeting before COVID.  In 2020 I had a choice between the caucuses and a camera club meeting and it still pisses me off that I went to the caucuses given how fornicated up those wound up being.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 5

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

image.png.e03081c6870a61f11b9b0637e1f54ad9.png

• Upvote 11

Dark Brandon strikes!

image.png.916e0599d18542dc676b8df965e1a37d.png

• Upvote 11

Damn, Dark Brandon is on fire:

• Upvote 11

A great conclusion to a great speech. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

Too funny:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Dark Brandon was en fuego last night.  

Alt-reich Twitter lit up immediately; apparently most of their followers were not watching, so they could spin that Biden was losing the thread, stumbling over words,  all the things that Trump actually does.  Also, accused him of yelling -- also called forcefully, emphatically making points. 

Kamala Harris was an utterly brilliant cheerleader, looked completely happy, and  perfectly timed clapping and rising to her feet in response to each Biden point. Bobo, Gaetz, MTG realized that they were severely out classed. 

So let's get to the Republican response to the SOTU. Katie Britt, senator from Alabama, gave the response from her *checks notes* kitchen.  A minute or two after she started talking,  people all over Twitter simutaneously noted that it would be the SNL cold open -- no, not that it would be an SNL cast member, it would just be her speech.  Other references to Handmaid's Tale and so on.  But to save you from that horror,  

Never mind, you're strong!  Here's the original.  Put on your anti-cringe armor - it's hard to take. It's like watching someone with multiple personality disorder flip through their alternate identities. Also, many evangelical women raised in fundy families immediately noted the breathy baby voice (I'm submissive!), a la Michelle Duggar et al..

Every since Kayleigh McEnany, those little "I'm just a big ol' fan of Jesus!" cross necklaces just chafe my chaps. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 2

What were the Republicans thinking?  Was it that they hoped to get the female vote back by presenting someone in a kitchen?  Are they that simple?

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Xan said:

Was it that they hoped to get the female vote back by presenting someone in a kitchen?  Are they that simple?

Yes!  Interesting takes from NYT on her "speech".  

"With a sunny, inviting smile, Senator Katie Britt of Alabama welcomed Americans into her kitchen on Thursday night.  Many soon backed away nervously...

...Ms. Britt chose a domestic backdrop, trying to underscore her argument that Mr. Biden represents a threat to prosperity for American families.

But the scene seemed to confuse viewers on social media, where Ms. Britt was mocked by some for using a dramatic, breathy voice to deliver critiques of the president." 

• Upvote 8

Which company put up the money, is what I want to know...

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Which company put up the money, is what I want to know...

I read that the bond was underwritten by the Chubb Corporation.  Chubb has insurance companies and is owned by Ace Limited, which is a holding company out of Switzerland.  The chief executive officer is Evan Greenberg.  He's on the board of United States - China Relations and was against the taxpayer funded bailout in 2008.  He's the son of the former head of AIG.  Greenberg appears to be against nationalism.  I'm not sure why he okayed this funding.  I'm wondering if someone else (e.g. Musk) backed it up with investments in Chubb.

• Thank You 6