IGNORED

Joe Biden 2: President Dark Brandon For The Win!

GreyhoundFan

Biden is working hard to make things better and more stable for the US and the world. No big surprise, the Rs still hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. I love how the new communications person at the White House throws shade. More of this, please!

Continued from here:

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 4

It’s so nice to have a president who cares:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

This is great. Unfortunately, the next rethuglikan in office will probably throw it in the trash:

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

Gee, actual infrastructure work:

• Upvote 12

I’m guessing Biden won’t run an extortion game on Zelenskyy

• Upvote 8

On 12/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

It’s so nice to have a president who cares:

It got me right in the feels. That girl is seeing someone who looks like her as VEEP. Then when she hears him talk about helping others, she says “You you you you you you.” Joe Biden’s comments are so profound and powerful (and definitely defy the claims he is suffering from dementia) but oh that young lady- Godspeed to her! 

• Upvote 5

TFG thinks this is an insult to Joe. He really has the emotional maturity of a four year old. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 4

32 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

More classified documents found, and a special counsel appointed to handle the mess.  As a country, we need better methods to track and store these documents.  I wonder who else might have unsecured documents.

Biden’s classified documents and special counsel - CNN

What a mess. I know there is no comparison with Trump’s purposeful obstruction but it shows a disturbing pattern of carelessness with sensitive information. Such carelessness from, say, a member of the military would result in severe penalties!  It is also going to make it that much more difficult to hold Trump accountable, and gives the Republicans and right-wing media plenty of ammo to return fire.
Garland is doing the right thing by appointing special counsel. I hope every other federal office holder (and formers) with clearance to classified docs is checking their own offices, closets, garages for “leftovers.” 

• I Agree 16

4 hours ago, Becky said:

Garland is doing the right thing by appointing special counsel.

I agree.
It is remarkable though that it took almost two years for a special counsel to be appointed to investigate Trump, and a only few days (weeks?) to appoint one for Biden... Why is that? DOJ pussyfooted around Trumps obvious obfuscation and obstruction for months on end (all while knowing he has nefarious reasons for holding on to these top secret documents) supposedly because he's a former president, but there seems to have been no such compunction in Biden's case, who is a sitting president. I just don't get it.

• Upvote 14

A few more pages found so more fodder for the Rs:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/business/money-report/white-house-says-more-classified-documents-found-at-bidens-home/3254985/

I think it's extra troublesome, media-wise, since the documents are being found in more than one place and at different times.  Still, substantially different circumstances from TFG's intentional withholding - and his demands for return of - very large numbers of documents, including alarmingly high-level ones.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:53 PM, CTRLZero said:

As a country, we need better methods to track and store these documents.  I wonder who else might have unsecured documents.

Damn right.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More:
  Reveal hidden contents

I agree re. the issue of intent but don't at all like the suggestion that Biden's team might have "just stashed away" what they found.  This would not be OK, even if they could get away with it, but I suspect they couldn't.

What I'm guessing may have happened is that the Trump document scandal kicked off an accounting of such documents to determine what else might not be where it belonged and some were IDed as last in the hands of Biden or his team.  They therefore needed to be located/returned asap.  Any attempt at "stashing", if my guess is correct, would only - and rightfully -make the situation far worse.  Not being reasonably open about it would also tend to be problematic, especially if it became publicly known later; e.g., following an indictment of Trump.

I'm kind of disgusted with Biden over this but doubt he intended any foul play.  I believe it will make prosecuting Trump a bit harder, though.  Hopefully, those investigating will leave no stone unturned in examining intent, especially with regard to the difficulty in getting documents returned.  Also, assuming my guess is correct, there should now be a better understanding of what may be missing and so potentially more questions for those last known to have had them.

• Upvote 7

41 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I believe it will make prosecuting Trump a bit harder, though. 

Although I mostly agree with what you say, I have to respectfully disagree with this minor detail. I don't believe it will make prosecuting Trump more difficult at all. As Joyce Alene says, it's apples and oranges. Trump defied subpoena's, lied to law enforcement and tried to hide documents, claiming they were his when they most definitely aren't. Biden did none of these things. He did not hide, or lie or need to defy subpoena's because they weren't necessary in his case. In fact, Biden is cooperating fully. 

Trump will be prosecuted, not simply because he wittingly or unwittingly took top secret government documents, but because he did not cooperate and lied and defied and continued to hide what he had/still has in his possession. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Although I mostly agree with what you say, I have to respectfully disagree with this minor detail. I don't believe it will make prosecuting Trump more difficult at all. As Joyce Alene says, it's apples and oranges. Trump defied subpoena's, lied to law enforcement and tried to hide documents, claiming they were his when they most definitely aren't. Biden did none of these things. He did not hide, or lie or need to defy subpoena's because they weren't necessary in his case. In fact, Biden is cooperating fully. 

Trump will be prosecuted, not simply because he wittingly or unwittingly took top secret government documents, but because he did not cooperate and lied and defied and continued to hide what he had/still has in his possession. 

I'm not a lawyer and don't know what the US legal code dictates with regard to misplaced documents vs. Trump's non-cooperating behaviors, and also have no idea where the bar might be set as far as establishing intent in these cases goes.  Ultimately, these are what matter.

I believe that the folks defending Trump will try to equate both parties' misplacement of documents and will also bring into question Biden's intent.  I don't see how these potential comparisons won't require that an extra airtight case be prepared against Trump.  I also suspect that the process of seating an unbiased jury (should it come to that) may be made more difficult.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 1/12/2023 at 12:53 PM, CTRLZero said:

More classified documents found, and a special counsel appointed to handle the mess.  As a country, we need better methods to track and store these documents.  I wonder who else might have unsecured documents.

Biden’s classified documents and special counsel - CNN

I told my husband that I wonder if this isn't that unusual. Maybe George W. or Clinton have stashes somewhere? 

• Upvote 4