IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

It’s funny, because we say the internet is forever, but I think if that would be an interview the internet would be scrapped clean by now (just like Oprah). Much harder with a real book. 

That is great. The book will stick around for a long while, in that case.

4 hours ago, Antimony said:

My response was, "It's one thing to shoot down an enemy plane in a war, and it's one thing to have to cut part of yourself away to do it. It is another thing entirely to write about it years later with no reflection on the horror of it and present it as exhilarating and nostalgic."

I don't think veterans are writing their memoirs specifically to please others.

They are writing their memoirs because it's cathartic and helps them heal. Unless you've flown military aircraft and killed enemy, you can't really judge. It's actually rather rude to say, "You should feel this way about your trauma and not that way." 

The enemy is trying to kill them too. The enemy is trying to shoot them down. During those moments of terror, they successful bring down one of the planes that are trying to kill them. I'm sure they were exhilarated, even if you feel that's wrong.

I think these vets are allowed to feel what they want to feel. No wonder so many of them struggle with substance use, with civilians telling them their feelings are wrong.

11 hours ago, viii said:

I guess I just don’t see the outrage over the chessboard comments. What does the average civilian assume soldiers do? They kill people and I can only imagine how heavily that weighs on them, regardless of who it is. It seems rather normal to “dehumanize” the other side, to give yourself even the slightest hint of peace. 🤷🏻‍♀️ However, I do agree with that there are some things you share only with your therapist or the people involved in the situation with you, since they will understand the most. This seems one of them. The public world did not need to know his exact number, even if it’s cathartic for him to tell it. Tell it to a therapist. 

Actually, a lot of this should have only been told to a therapist. 🤣

While I agree that soldiers have a job to do, and that job does involve killing for some of them - I can’t imagine that many would go back over the footage to rewatch and count how many people they killed. That’s the part that seems off to me.

7 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I think there's something to be said for burning all the bridges. Certainly BRF has not been a healthy way for anybody to be raised. And I'd think Harry would have every reason to want to expose it and being it down.

But he keeps acting like he wants to bring it down AND be invited back with apologies and familial warmth.

He must have some terrible advisors.

You can't have both Harry... which is the true intent?

He didn’t just burn the bridge. He used a blow torch to light the flame thrower and then he poured petrol in the river to make sure it was really alight. 

• Upvote 10

The lip gloss incident seems like a real bitch eating crackers comment on Harry and Meghan’s part. They are going to complain about Catherine not being overly enthusiastic enough when sharing lip gloss but at no point does it seem like they address the fact that the family allows Andrew the predator prince to still participate in family events and helped protect him. Kate gets drug through the mud for lip gloss and not wanting personal comments made about her pregnancy hormones but they have sealed lips when it comes to Andrew and what went on in the family all these years where it was known he was traveling about with his friend the child sex trafficker.

It also would go along with the theme Spare because Andrew is also a spare. You can’t convince me Harry didn’t hear anything from any of these family members about Andrew.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Did you scroll down and click on posts?  One of the updates added check boxes.

I had not; I had to do a little extra click.  It's fixed now, thank you.

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

The lip gloss incident seems like a real bitch eating crackers comment on Harry and Meghan’s part. They are going to complain about Catherine not being overly enthusiastic enough when sharing lip gloss but at no point does it seem like they address the fact that the family allows Andrew the predator prince to still participate in family events and helped protect him. Kate gets drug through the mud for lip gloss and not wanting personal comments made about her pregnancy hormones but they have sealed lips when it comes to Andrew and what went on in the family all these years where it was known he was traveling about with his friend the child sex trafficker.

It also would go along with the theme Spare because Andrew is also a spare. You can’t convince me Harry didn’t hear anything from any of these family members about Andrew.

I’ve found that odd as well the last few years. He has plenty to say about his father, Will, and Kate, but apparently nothing to say about Andrew? He’s not obligated to, of course, but with his and Meghan’s propensity to jump on every current cause they seem to give Andrew and #metoo a wide bearth.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’ve found that odd as well the last few years. He has plenty to say about his father, Will, and Kate, but apparently nothing to say about Andrew? He’s not obligated to, of course, but with his and Meghan’s propensity to jump on every current cause they seem to give Andrew and #metoo a wide bearth.

I think it’s because they’re close to Eugenie and he’s her father. Andrew and Sarah were the Sussexes’ neighbors while Meghan lived in the UK, and it’s entirely possible that they are friends.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Yes, he does mention Andrew. But more in regards to them not loosing security as he hadn’t lost his. Which is a good point but then PA never had the same amount of security iirc AND was still officially working. So a different situation and PA rightfully lost it along the way. I think H banked on the RF protecting PA instead of telling him to basically empty his desk and go into hiding.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, adidas said:

While I agree that soldiers have a job to do, and that job does involve killing for some of them - I can’t imagine that many would go back over the footage to rewatch and count how many people they killed.

His weapon told him how many people he killed. It was time-stamped too. Read the excerpt or talk to military personnel, this has been a thing for a long time. 

You can’t “go back and count” your kills in a war situation. It’s far too dangerous and chaotic. This is not lazer tag.

It's strange even if he hasn't said anything because of being friends with Andrew's daughters...

I mean...he's willing to "tattle" about lip gloss, a pathetic story of losing his virginity, and share really negative things about his own father and brother.

I tend to believe either he doesn't believe any of the accusations and/or there's more about Andrew that he knows that's not public and he's avoiding mentioning Andrew so as not to draw attention/additional scrutiny. 

Nothing else makes sense to me. 

• Upvote 11

Meghan Markle ignored Royal Family practice, reveals Prince Harry (thenews.com.pk)

An interesting little thing that came out of the book- Harry confirmed that Meghan DID accept freebies, which the royals were not supposed to do. But then says that she gave all of them to her staff (which I don't believe, but anyway)?

If I were a member of staff, I would be very uncomfortable with that. I would either have to accept the gifts, which I might not have wanted, or run the risk of offending her. I would also have to do this with the knowledge that the Palace did not approve. Frankly, even if I wasn't a Royal, I wouldn't really want loads of expensive gifts from my employer anyway. I would feel like I was indebted to my boss for all the "extras" when really I just want to be respected and have a good salary/benefits for doing my job.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, adidas said:

He didn’t just burn the bridge. He used a blow torch to light the flame thrower and then he poured petrol in the river to make sure it was really alight. 

He’s at the point where he doesn’t care. 

Though I actually think it was the BRF who threw the first grenade.

All this could probably have been avoided if they’d been kind to M.

In any event, he doesn’t want to go back, so it’s fine. 

9 hours ago, adidas said:

While I agree that soldiers have a job to do, and that job does involve killing for some of them - I can’t imagine that many would go back over the footage to rewatch and count how many people they killed. That’s the part that seems off to me.

16 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Go back over the "footage"? Do think there's a videographer there? This isn't a Disney film, it's war.

Besides, as I said before, his weapon recorded his count, so it was easy for him to know the number.

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I tend to believe either he doesn't believe any of the accusations and/or there's more about Andrew that he knows that's not public and he's avoiding mentioning Andrew so as not to draw attention/additional scrutiny. 

I agree and that would also explain the overall behavior of the BRF with regard to Andrew. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The lip gloss incident seems like a real bitch eating crackers comment on Harry and Meghan’s part. They are going to complain about Catherine not being overly enthusiastic enough when sharing lip gloss but at no point does it seem like they address the fact that the family allows Andrew the predator prince to still participate in family events and helped protect him.

BEC! Good for you, Meghan. I've seen enough BEC comments about Meghan in the papers. This idea she is supposed to just take it is very strange.

About Andrew. To be fair, he is rarely mentioned here. It's been almost two weeks since his thread has even been active!

He is rarely mentioned by William or Charles or Kate. Suddenly, it's Harry's obligation to discuss it? I think he decides what he puts in his own memoir.

1 hour ago, LilaMae said:

Meghan Markle ignored Royal Family practice, reveals Prince Harry (thenews.com.pk)

An interesting little thing that came out of the book- Harry confirmed that Meghan DID accept freebies, which the royals were not supposed to do. But then says that she gave all of them to her staff (which I don't believe, but anyway)?

If I were a member of staff, I would be very uncomfortable with that. I would either have to accept the gifts, which I might not have wanted, or run the risk of offending her. I would also have to do this with the knowledge that the Palace did not approve. Frankly, even if I wasn't a Royal, I wouldn't really want loads of expensive gifts from my employer anyway. I would feel like I was indebted to my boss for all the "extras" when really I just want to be respected and have a good salary/benefits for doing my job.

While accepting freebies isn‘t royal family practice, I believe giving gifts to their staff is (someone mentioned this here some time ago). So they probably didn‘t feel uncomfortable if it‘s common. But I agree with you, fair pay would be more important to me as an employee.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

It's strange even if he hasn't said anything because of being friends with Andrew's daughters...

I mean...he's willing to "tattle" about lip gloss, a pathetic story of losing his virginity, and share really negative things about his own father and brother.

I wish a reporter would ask them about this because the more they harp about minor things like lip gloss while not addressing a major issue like Andrew the more it looks like they actually don’t have a problem with him. This is a situation where their silence says a lot. They are all about airing the family’s dirty laundry but when it comes to condemning Andrew and discussing how the royal family dealt with what he did, they are staying entirely too quiet. And clearly their silence isn’t because they don’t want to burn bridges or make waves. 

• Upvote 17

And again, why tell everyone that she kept those gifts, even though there is a custom (don’t know if it’s written somewhere in the How to Royal 101) not to AND FOR GOOD REASON. It looks bad and as if you are a sell out. Like every other influencer happy to wear clothes they would never pay for if they had to. But then, if you look what they are happy to reveal for money, sell outs is exactly what they are. But hey, at least it’s on their own terms……

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 11

Imagine a world where you have to ask your grandma if you can keep your beard. 

And where your brother harasses you about it.

No wonder he ran.

Fl6QjP_X0AEKoCF.jpg.3a48d128d625ec2133068b3e3407c636.jpg

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wish a reporter would ask them about this because the more they harp about minor things like lip gloss while not addressing a major issue like Andrew the more it looks like they actually don’t have a problem with him. This is a situation where their silence says a lot. They are all about airing the family’s dirty laundry but when it comes to condemning Andrew and discussing how the royal family dealt with what he did, they are staying entirely too quiet. And clearly their silence isn’t because they don’t want to burn bridges or make waves. 

There are tons of horrible things about the BRF that he could've mentioned in the memoir. Things like:

Andrew, Charles' adultery, Charles' misuse of his young wife, Edward's rude behavior at the royal variety show last month, Camilla's adultery, Charles taking money from horrible people, the family's Nazi's sympathizers. . . it goes on and on.

I applaud him for including what HE wants to include, and nothing else. 

Edited by Jackie3

Kate's stinginess amazes me. A billionaire can't share her lip gloss? She's too important for that? Buy a new one if it disgusts you so much.

A bit of kindness would have prevented a lot of this damage to the BRF.

• Move Along 1

If he knows something damning about Andrew, (something beyond the usual damning things that everyone knows) it would give him leverage but only if it's not already out in a book.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic