IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Did any of the adult Duggars post any Father’s Day stuff? I don’t follow all of them on IG and I’ve had other things to do than check all stories, so I might have missed something. I have a feeling, tough, that JB didn’t get a whole lot of tributes, but that might also be wishful thinking.

James was the only one I saw. I didn’t thoroughly check all of them though. In contrast to the Bates, I think almost all of them had gushing tributes to Gil, their husbands, their fathers-in-law and some to Papa Bill.

• Upvote 3

On 6/18/2023 at 11:55 AM, moreorlessnu said:

In my town, the Senior Center has tons of these types of items (including walkers, tub benches, toilet seats, etc.) that can be borrowed for free indefinitely. There's even a (strong & good hearted) volunteer who will load and unload these items from your car trunk.

Some churches do, as well, if you have a relationship with them. Mine has loaned out wheelchairs and walkers to members, for example.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Some churches do, as well, if you have a relationship with them. Mine has loaned out wheelchairs and walkers to members, for example.

My brother borrowed one from his church when we went to Glacier National Park, so my mom could enjoy a couple of the hikes. 

I wonder if Jim Boob is even more of an ass-hole to be around now. He can't be too happy. Perhaps some of his kids are seeing another side of dear dad. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Wow. Jill just did a belated happy Father’s Day post and included an old photo of her with her dad. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 6/18/2023 at 12:09 PM, Coconut Flan said:

JB's father was known to be terminal and should have been on hospice.  They would have delivered a wheelchair and all other needed items at no cost..  

The downvote was to JimBob being an ass not to you.....pretty sure you know what I'm referring to....

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow. Jill just did a belated happy Father’s Day post and included an old photo of her with her dad. 

Jill also liked James' asinine post. Looks like she's taking the high road.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

TBF there is also a definite possibility that  JB’s father didn’t want  to use a wheelchair. It is not unusual for people with new mobility issues to be reluctant to get devices, or want to be seen as dependent on them. And if he was terminally ill he especially may have hard time with acknowledging this was what was happening emotionally. It’s not like it was needed for physical therapy, or something he would need to adjust to long term. And especially when it comes to being in photos or at celebrations it can be a huge adjustment - that someone with not much time left just doesn’t want or need to make. I don’t know if that’s the case with him, but it’s definitely been the case with others I’ve known in similar circumstances. 

If this were the case, and I don’t think it was, I would gently override the objection. When my MIL was in my care—she turns 95 this summer—she sometimes needed a little persuading to try something new or go about something in a different way and all it took was some kind words and reasoning. (Lives with her daughter now).

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Then they shouldn’t have filmed him for public consumption. 

Worst episode, ever. So, so disrespectful.

Yep. Exactly. Or Grandpa could have been already seated at the kitchen/dining room table with a cake in front of him before filming started. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

James was her buddy, after all.  

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Or she is trying to appease those who have criticised her for speaking out (which could include immediate family). Jill is a people pleaser and I doubt she’s ready to be cut off entirely from her family - she raised half of them from infancy. What she has been thorough and the journey she is on- there’s no quick fixes and plenty of blurred lines. She has to progress as she chooses.

Id love her to tell JB to eat shit, but it’s not my journey.

• Upvote 12

As someone who has worked with abused kids, they typically still love their parents. Even if they were abused severely. I’m sure Jill still loves her father. You can love someone who wronged you in so many ways and you’ve mostly cut off. People tend to think love is transactional or can be stopped abruptly. But it’s not. It’s a feeling that just can’t be turned off and on based on the other person’s actions. 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

I have watched clips of some of the Duggar shows but never was a regular watcher and I haven't seen any of the Bates tv.  I'm surprised watching that episode about how physically affectionate Gil is with his kids.  He was constantly holding or hugging or helping them.  Maybe I missed it because I haven't seen enough, but I feel like I hadn't noticed that with the Duggars.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have watched clips of some of the Duggar shows but never was a regular watcher and I haven't seen any of the Bates tv.  I'm surprised watching that episode about how physically affectionate Gil is with his kids.  He was constantly holding or hugging or helping them.  Maybe I missed it because I haven't seen enough, but I feel like I hadn't noticed that with the Duggars.

No, JB has always been more about being the Authority and less about being supportive and loving. 

• Upvote 5

On 6/17/2023 at 11:58 PM, purple_summer said:
  Hide contents

According to this they weren’t super close yet. It’s just funny seeing them go back and forth being fake humble.

OMG what a flashback that was. I remember when these shows first aired. My siblings were so intrigued and used to make my Mom watch it.  My Mom thought they were so fake. She's a good judge of character, when all the scandals started to surface she just kept saying "I told you so". 

Looking back now, some of the stuff they say is so gross. Like Michelle talking about how kids can be trained to be quiet. Jim Bob mentioning how "well behaved" (AKA beaten into submission) the Bates kids are. The matching frumpers and color coding. Nobody was allowed to be an individual. Sticking their sons in the bus. 

I would have paid to see Michelle and Kelly, if they weren't brainwashed fundies, just going at each other with all the shade on social media or something. I feel like they would be so low key bitchy. 

12 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I thought the same thing when I was watching. Like he interacted with all of his kids, even the little ones. JB hands them off to a buddy and doesn't seem to interact with them again until they are old enough to not need him to do actual parenting (feeding, changing, dressing, helping in any aspect)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

More flashbacks. I'm trying to go back and find some of those moments we all vaguely remember (and bring up) but haven't seen in ages.

This episode has the "grandpa in an office chair" moment.

Another gem- "The best part of the Bates visiting is that they do all the work!"

A producer "This is the Duggars...they're pretty TV savvy."

Spoiler

• Sad 1

Carry on here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
fixing link
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic