IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She had money. She had been investing in real estate for decades. If anything, she seemed to have more than they did before television. 

Was it her money though, or was it JB's money in her name? I guess I'm wondering how long he has been controlling the entire family's finances.

I said this in the Bates forum, but I think Jason and Claire Langdon could be getting engaged this week. Another shiny distraction. Josie Bates Balka flew to Connecticut with her daughters. The Langdons are from Connecticut and Josie is close to the Langdon sisters. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I said this in the Bates forum, but I think Jason and Claire Langdon could be getting engaged this week. Another shiny distraction. Josie Bates Balka flew to Connecticut with her daughters. The Langdons are from Connecticut and Josie is close to the Langdon sisters. 

hair and makeup person on hand for a photo engament shoot

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

hair and makeup person on hand for a photo engament shoot

Yep. 

The Langdon sisters are part of Josie's core gang. They go to all her girl group get togethers. So Josie would be an obvious choice to have on hand. 

She might have brought the girls because she is planning to go see Katie after. 

• Upvote 4

They might try, but I don't think ANY announcement would be enough to distract from this documentary, especially not somebody like Jason. Majority of the viewers didn't care about the Lost Boys - his engagement wouldn't be enough to make people forget all the ugly truths that have been laid bare. 

The only distraction that might work is Jana getting engaged, and even then I don't think that would fully work. The backlash is just too (rightfully) strong. The Duggars are done. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I don’t see it as much as they’re trying to detract people from the documentary but that they’re trying to convince the rest of the world that they’re hardly even aware the documentary is out there because they’re so busy with their lives, as if they don’t have a care in the world. 

Not even sure who Claire Langdon is or which one is Jason. How old are they? Will that make 2 daughters in law named Claire? 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Cam said:

I don’t see it as much as they’re trying to detract people from the documentary but that they’re trying to convince the rest of the world that they’re hardly even aware the documentary is out there because they’re so busy with their lives, as if they don’t have a care in the world. 

Not even sure who Claire Langdon is or which one is Jason. How old are they? Will that make 2 daughters in law named Claire? 

Claire Langdon and her sister Emma are Bates-adjacent. They went to Crown (Emma still does) and were hired by Kelly to help homeschool the youngest Bates children. They are frequently shown with Josie  and Lydia but are also apparently quite close with Tiffany. 

Claire has been linked toa Jason for sometime, there have been several sightings of them together  and Jason has made a lot of trips to Tennessee. 

I am not sure how old Claire is. She graduated Crown last year. Emma is around 20-21 and Claire is older than her. Jason is 23. 

• Thank You 6

And wasn't the other Langdon sister rumoured to be coupled with a Bates boy (maybe the one that looks like Alyssa)? But now they have "broken up" alas those poor pieces of hearts given away.

Speaking of heart pieces what has Trace's ex been up to Chaney was it? Anyone know?

On 6/6/2023 at 6:17 PM, waltraute said:

Was it her money though, or was it JB's money in her name? I guess I'm wondering how long he has been controlling the entire family's finances.

I'm pretty sure it was her money that set him up in the first place. And that she was probably a driving force in the TLC show. She lived in that house for a long time and had to know what was going on, and she saw everything that went on. Not just the SA, but just watching everything else that was going on with those children, and especially the older daughters, and was totally on board with it all. Sweet old grandma who moved in to help with the laundry my ass.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I'm pretty sure it was her money that set him up in the first place. And that she was probably a driving force in the TLC show. She lived in that house for a long time and had to know what was going on, and she saw everything that went on. Not just the SA, but just watching everything else that was going on with those children, and especially the older daughters, and was totally on board with it all. Sweet old grandma who moved in to help with the laundry my ass.

I remember reading that Mary was instrumental in getting JB and Company noticed.  She and Josh, under her tutelage, wrote to companies simultaneously promoting the family and looking for donations. I believe Campbell Soup donated the piano.  She was probably a driving force to get TLC interested in a TV show too.  JB learned from the best.  

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Yes, it’s been said that grandma Mary was instrumental in getting the family on TLC. Her husband thought having all those kids was a not good idea. (No one can ever forget that damn JB, who apparently made $18 million over the course of the reality tv series, wouldn’t even pony up for a wheelchair for the poor man when he was literally on his death bed, and instead had the family roll him out into the commons area of their house on a desk chair with wheels to celebrate his birthday. It remains a travesty that JB was so utterly self-centered that he did not do right by his father in his final months of his life. But I digress.)

Yep, I think Mary knew what was going on. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 11
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 5

The only thing that would distract from the documentary is one of them coming out, Anna get the a divorce, or patricide. I doubt any of that would happen though I would cheer on any Duggar who divorced and/or came out. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 13

On 5/4/2023 at 3:51 PM, OHFL2009 said:

My friends always think my work travel sounds so exciting and glamorous. They must be right, since I can't think of anything more glamorous than sitting in my hotel room in Pittsburgh eating takeout Chinese, looking out the window at a roof full of AC units in 40˚F rain.

The highlight of my work travel was one time in... Boston? Room service knocked on my door with champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. I said "oh that's not for me". They insisted. They couldn't take it back, they didn't know who it was from, swore I had in fact ordered it. So they left it for me. 

I stared at it for a LONG time and then indulged. (and called my friend who I was filling in for at her event - because she was stuck in an airport because of a snow storm and she is STILL jealous of that... not that it was her champagne either) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 4

Someone is uploading a ton of the old episodes on YouTube.  The episode where they first introduce the Bates and the passive aggressive completion between Michelle and Kelly is insane. It’s been so long since I’ve seen these, it’s like the worst time capsule. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4

On 6/16/2023 at 12:15 PM, purple_summer said:

Someone is uploading a ton of the old episodes on YouTube.  The episode where they first introduce the Bates and the passive aggressive completion between Michelle and Kelly is insane. It’s been so long since I’ve seen these, it’s like the worst time capsule. 

Which episode is this? I thought Kelly and Michelle were besties. I'd watch that for the snark factor. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:57 AM, Cam said:

JB, who apparently made $18 million over the course of the reality tv series, wouldn’t even pony up for a wheelchair for the poor man when he was literally on his death bed, and instead had the family roll him out into the commons area of their house on a desk chair with wheels to celebrate his birthday.

....And if you've ever been a caregiver to a person with mobility issues, you can immediately see how dangerous this is since they can slide off the chair easily and break some bones. It can be hard to "safely land" even a small adult who doesn't weigh much, if they were to start to slide off such a chair.

I was horrified, from a dignity perspective, when that clip first aired, but I'm also horrified from a safety perspective, now that I've taken care of a relative.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Which episode is this? I thought Kelly and Michelle were besties. I'd watch that for the snark factor. 

Spoiler

According to this they weren’t super close yet. It’s just funny seeing them go back and forth being fake humble.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

....And if you've ever been a caregiver to a person with mobility issues, you can immediately see how dangerous this is since they can slide off the chair easily and break some bones. It can be hard to "safely land" even a small adult who doesn't weigh much, if they were to start to slide off such a chair.

I was horrified, from a dignity perspective, when that clip first aired, but I'm also horrified from a safety perspective, now that I've taken care of a relative.

Agree 100% on both the dignity and safety a wheelchair provides. And I am big on comfort. None which a desk chair with wheels provides! What I never understood about the lack of a wheelchair for the grandfather is one could have be rented or someone could have loaned them one or JB could have purchased one and sold it when no longer needed. It just shows his total and utter lack of compassion and consideration for the infirmed, as if they aren’t worth his time or thought (or money), even when the person is his very own father! 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

In my town, the Senior Center has tons of these types of items (including walkers, tub benches, toilet seats, etc.) that can be borrowed for free indefinitely. There's even a (strong & good hearted) volunteer who will load and unload these items from your car trunk.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

JB's father was known to be terminal and should have been on hospice.  They would have delivered a wheelchair and all other needed items at no cost..  

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

But you guys are missing the point! The Duggars are FRUGAL. They Make Do. (Even if it puts someone in danger)

Their behavior is sickening.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

On 6/17/2023 at 4:47 PM, moreorlessnu said:

TBF there is also a definite possibility that  JB’s father didn’t want  to use a wheelchair. It is not unusual for people with new mobility issues to be reluctant to get devices, or want to be seen as dependent on them. And if he was terminally ill he especially may have hard time with acknowledging this was what was happening emotionally. It’s not like it was needed for physical therapy, or something he would need to adjust to long term. And especially when it comes to being in photos or at celebrations it can be a huge adjustment - that someone with not much time left just doesn’t want or need to make. I don’t know if that’s the case with him, but it’s definitely been the case with others I’ve known in similar circumstances. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

TBF there is also a definite possibility that  JB’s father didn’t want  to use a wheelchair. It is not unusual for people with new mobility issues to be reluctant to get devices, or want to be seen as dependent on them. And if he was terminally ill he especially may have hard time with acknowledging this was what was happening emotionally. It’s not like it was needed for physical therapy, or something he would need to adjust to long term. And especially when it comes to being in photos or at celebrations it can be a huge adjustment - that someone with not much time left just doesn’t want or need to make. I don’t know if that’s the case with him, but it’s definitely been the case with others I’ve known in similar circumstances. 

Then they shouldn’t have filmed him for public consumption. 

Worst episode, ever. So, so disrespectful.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Did any of the adult Duggars post any Father’s Day stuff? I don’t follow all of them on IG and I’ve had other things to do than check all stories, so I might have missed something. I have a feeling, tough, that JB didn’t get a whole lot of tributes, but that might also be wishful thinking.

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic