IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

We always do the hop on hop off bus when we travel. It gives a nice overview and provides a geographic orientation to the city/area. We then decide what we really want to see and go from there. My daughter lives in a large city in So America. She lives in a small neighborhood tucked into a hillside. Her house is the second house on the block and the main Street entering the neighborhood is right off her block. The red, hop on/off bus travels on that street to get to a park at the top of the hill which provides a nice panoramic view of the city. It cracks me up that this little neighborhood has the red bus running through it. 

• I Agree 3

On 2/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, HereticHick said:

I was think of the suggested donation

You know they wouldn’t consider a suggested donation - they are far too cheap.

• I Agree 2

On 2/12/2023 at 6:47 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Ok random and off but sort of on topic.  What have the Duggar’s Inadvertently turned you off. 

my one today, is a chick on YouTube who has great interesting well researched content but sounds like a less wacked off and more educated version of Michelle.

It’s killing my life. I wish she had subtitles. 

History Tea Time with Lindsay Holiday Is her if anyone is interested. Could it be a dialect accent thing? Does she have the same regional accent as Michelle or is it all in my head? 

I love those videos! When Queen Elizabeth II passed away, my Lindsay Holiday knowledge made everyone in the office think I'm an expert on the royal family.

I find Lindsay's voice to be soothing and she's a calm and steady background noise during my work day. She doesn't sound like Michelle to me at all - her pitch is lower than Michelle's and she lacks any southern twang. However, my ears are used to American accents (I've only lived in the US), someone from Australia may hear them differently. To my ears, there is one Australian accent (you all sound like Paul Hogan). I'm sure if I lived in Australia for a while, I would start to hear regional differences that are obvious to the ears of every Australian. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I went over to listen and can hear the echoes of Michelle. I think it’s the “s” sound at the ends of words as well as the teachery inflection. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/12/2023 at 10:18 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m weird and I notice literally all accents. Even people who try to hide them but they pop out here and there. 

I notice accents too. Not in a judgy way, I just have the ear. And I don't try to hide my accent (spent my childhood mostly in northern New England, but with a few years in MD and a few in NM); it's minor but I def have some tells. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THERE'S AN "R" IN THE MIDDLE OF "SURPRISE"?

On 2/13/2023 at 1:35 PM, marmalade said:

They also toured a castle, where Boob proclaimed that King James "wrote the bible." 😂

Please tell me you're shitting me. PLEASE.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, Knight of Ni said:

I remember him attempting to minister to the street performer. All the Duggars looked absolutely shocked that he said he was an atheist. I was shocked that JB used the reason that Earth was the "exact perfect distance" from the sun as being a reason to believe in God. 

EVERYONE IS SHITTING ME TODAY. For real? I was just watching a documentary about Venus tonight. Apparently it used to be a habitable distance from the sun, before the sun got brighter. It may have had water and, potentially, life. But what do I know, I'm just a documentary-watching atheist slut who digs science.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit, I really wish I could go on a European tour. But that’s just not in the budget right now. Maybe one day. 

Seriously. At this point I’m feeling jealous of their trip and I don’t like that I’m feeling that way but I am! I have my uterine ablation tomorrow and I’m on day 3 of feeling like crap because of the pre-load meds I’ve been taking and their once in a lifetime (for the rest of us!) trip is just hitting me all kinds of awful! I don’t wish them ill but I’m definitely jealous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 26

40 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Seriously. At this point I’m feeling jealous of their trip and I don’t like that I’m feeling that way but I am! I have my uterine ablation tomorrow and I’m on day 3 of feeling like crap because of the pre-load meds I’ve been taking and their once in a lifetime (for the rest of us!) trip is just hitting me all kinds of awful! I don’t wish them ill but I’m definitely jealous. 

Let me know how your ablation goes. I’ve been thinking about having it done due to my heavy periods. But my doctor is recommending Mirena first. But I’m afraid if IUD insertion. It freaks me out.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

But what do I know, I'm just a documentary-watching atheist slut who digs science.

Me too! I love documentaries and science!

What got me was that JB said it with such a smug, self-assured tone. I think he 100% expected that guy to convert on the spot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let me know how your ablation goes. I’ve been thinking about having it done due to my heavy periods. But my doctor is recommending Mirena first. But I’m afraid if IUD insertion. It freaks me out.

I will. I was given a variety of options and was seriously considering 5 day a month progesterone until my ultrasound. The results came back as inconclusive about growths* so at that point I decided the ablation was the best choice. 

*the gynecologist isn’t thinking they’re cancerous but there’s “something growing” and he wants to find out what it is. Biopsy and ultrasound showed “possible” fibroid and cyst so now I just want it all out. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The traveling Duggars are now in Switzerland.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ec5639e686071dfac6782b705d13371b.png

Bless their sheltered undereducated little hearts. Elijah just posted from Andermatt in the Swiss Alps, from their hotel room overlooking a carnival parade that "Apparently there is a carnival that only happens once a year and we are right in the middle of it!"

Yes, pumpkin, there is a Carnival that happens once a year. Its literally called--wait for it--Carnival--and is celebrated in Catholic areas all over the world. Even in a state that your Duggar pals have maybe heard of! Louisiana! Its right next door to Arkansas!

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Please tell me you're shitting me. PLEASE.

Nope I saw the episode where Jim Bob told the family that King James wrote the Bible. I think there's still a dent in the floor where my jaw hit it.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 20

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I will. I was given a variety of options and was seriously considering 5 day a month progesterone until my ultrasound. The results came back as inconclusive about growths* so at that point I decided the ablation was the best choice. 

*the gynecologist isn’t thinking they’re cancerous but there’s “something growing” and he wants to find out what it is. Biopsy and ultrasound showed “possible” fibroid and cyst so now I just want it all out. 

Wishing you well, Giraffe!

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Nope I saw the episode where Jim Bob told the family that King James wrote the Bible. I think there's still a dent in the floor where my jaw hit it.

Jfc, what a moron.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

es, pumpkin, there is a Carnival that happens once a year. Its literally called--wait for it--Carnival--and is celebrated in Catholic areas all over the world

Oh how I wish they were in their "pastor" outfits... today my partner commented that, should I feel like borrowing one of his ties (unlikely) he'd rather I didn't.  Apparently, today is the day that people (seems to be women, mostly) cut off men's ties.

We had double digits today (in Celsius) and there were a few risque outfits out and about (I was in hat, gloves, scarf and puffy coat, the Germans are made of tougher stuff than I when it comes to winter weather). Wonder if the boys were all "Niking" themselves? And Jana is probably busy photoshopping denim skirts onto any exposed flesh. (I can't speak for the Swiss, but people here won't actually lunge at you with the scissors, but they'd probably think, if you were wearing a tie and at the carnival, that you wouldn't mind losing your tie...)

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had this procedure done back in December along with a tubal ligation. It went really well and I had a very easy recovery. I had some mild discharge for about a month but other than that, piece of cake. I haven't had a period since. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

@JermajestyDuggar, my ablation’s been canceled due to…heavy bleeding. 😂  

(He was called away to an emergency c-section so we didn’t talk about how he’ll tweak my period in order to do it next month so I’ll find that out when he calls next week)

• Sad 2
  • Love 11

My daughter had an ablation that worked well initially, but her periods came back, less heavy but fairly continuous -unless she takes progesterone- and they can’t do another once it’s done. So didn’t solve the problem, and now she has worse cramps. Rare I’m sure, but just a heads up to look at issues that can arise.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Sad 1

How the fuck can those people afford all the traveling? the Swiss Alps are expensive.

Oh those ignorant pricks should go to Lucerne now. There is a real Carnival happening there at the moment. With lots of booze and and one or two devil costumes. Nike!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

On 2/16/2023 at 11:34 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve had two iud insertions and it wasn’t bad at all, and I have a pretty low pain threshold. If you decide to go that route consider asking your doc for something to take ahead to help calm your nerves. Good luck! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

This is the second visit to Israel for the Duggerlings., But this is quite a trip: Italy-->Switzerland-->Israel  (with a day in London for James & Elijah) I'm still wondering if the any of them are heading on to Turkey or Syria next.

• Upvote 3

On 2/16/2023 at 7:07 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit, I really wish I could go on a European tour. But that’s just not in the budget right now. Maybe one day. 

I'd love to. I said I wanted to take a vacation, after spending the better part of 13 years taking care of my grandmother, having a crappy marriage, and then with the divorce... And then my grandmama passed in November, her house flooded in January...
My father said 'Get your life together and then you can take a vacation.'

Eff that noise.

It's crazy that I'm pretty lucky, I'm just sick of him being around and having to rely on HIS kindness because Grandmama didn't update her will. Also, he's taking his other family to Europe this summer and I'm just supposed to be like 'sure?'

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • Love 5

I'm going to try to save up for a real vacation...fulfill some of my bucket list. I want to do the space nerd thing and go to the Johnson and Kennedy space centers. At JSC I want to do the level 9 tour that includes a tour of the restored mission control center (it's been resto-stored to look like it did during the Apollo missions) and then the mega tour at KSC where they take you out to the different launch pads and into the Mercury blockhouse. I have a couple of connections at KSC and maybe one at JSC. Yes, that's my dream vacation...and if I can manage it, a few days at the Smithsonian Air & Space museum, both at the castle and out at Udvar-Hazy. The travel costs aren't that expensive, it's what I'd blow at the gift shops that'll kill me!

• Love 16

Boob, Meech, and younger kids were spotted on a plane from Miami to Israel, so it looks like the family met up there. 

• Thank You 7

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic