IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

Oh dear, the single Bontrager daughters are now pimping modest skirts with a discount code. So they really have that many followers to make this a worthwhile venture?

Edited by marmalade
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh dear, the single Bontrager daughters are now pimping modest skirts with a discount code. So they really have that many followers to make this a worthwhile venture?

I think it’s kind of funny because their oldest daughter regularly wears pants. Let’s hope Liz and Rebs marry a man who doesn’t forbid them to wear pants. Because it seems like Allison is forbidden.

• Upvote 7

I have to point something out. The modest clothing store they are advertising is way more modest than the Bates Sisters Boutique. I think BSB started out like this store. But they have gotten much less modest over the years. This shop doesn’t seem to sell anything low cut, nothing sleeveless, and all skirts are below the knee. The BSB breaks all those rules now. 

• Upvote 7

I don't understand why fundie women who have trouble finding sufficiently modest skirts don't just make them.  Skirts are easy.  And isn't sewing one of the homemaking arts they should have mastered?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Just now, Foursquare said:

I don't understand why fundie women who have trouble finding sufficiently modest skirts don't just make them.  Skirts are easy.  And isn't sewing one of the homemaking arts they should have mastered?

I also don’t understand why you need that many skirts. I swear every fundie has this same type of modest Jean skirt. Why would anyone need a bunch of the same Jean skirt? So many modest skirts look the same. I wouldn’t bother buying many since they all look the same. 

• Upvote 4

Someone had a baby on July 17th. Martin announced that he and Becky's 12th grandchild was born during the morning service. No idea whether it was Cass or Lina!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 7/29/2022 at 3:27 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let’s hope Liz and Rebs marry a man who doesn’t forbid them to wear pants. Because it seems like Allison is forbidden.

And not just forbidden but it looks like Allison started wearing "extenders" on her skirts (10 cm or so extra fabric at the bottom) after marrying her Mr. Perfect Husband. In earlier pictures from the Bontrager Family Camp, the Helferich daughters were the only girls/women who had long black leggings under their knee-length jean skirts. The Helferiches really seem to have a stick deep in their ass.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And not just forbidden but it looks like Allison started wearing "extenders" on her skirts (10 cm or so extra fabric at the bottom) after marrying her Mr. Perfect Husband. In earlier pictures from the Bontrager Family Camp, the Helferich daughters were the only girls/women who had long black leggings under their knee-length jean skirts. The Helferiches really seem to have a stick deep in their ass.

Which makes me wonder about Praise. She was born a Hell and is now a Bon. Is she now allowed to wear shorter skirts? Or does she still have to follow daddy’s rules?

• Upvote 8

I cannot stand those stupid skirt extender thingies. Skirt extenders are NOT an actual thing! They are wearing long petticoats, which are full, or half-slips, which hug the body a bit more and may flare near the bottom or not. Skirt extenders are just fundies boasting that they’re holier and better and closer to Jesus than you are.

Its like when supermarkets started selling ‘wraps’ for sandwiches. It’s a tortilla! It’s a whole grain or low carb or rectangular tortilla but that’s what it is, it doesn’t need a new name when there is a fine one already in existence.

• Upvote 18

During college I worked at an outdoor restaurant in the summer  that catered to boaters. It was my job to run to go orders to people on their boats. For some reason our uniform was either long pants or a skirt with our uniform top. The skirts could not be short. It was hot so I found a skirt was much cooler. I remember I really wanted a skirt that was comfortable and didn’t restrict movement. At the time I followed the duggars a bit so I knew about fundi skirts. I searched something like “modest skirt athletic wear” and easily found a cheap and super comfy skirt. 

anyway, moral of the story - modest skirts are super easy to find. But also, they do make some really comfortable ones too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

During college I worked at an outdoor restaurant in the summer  that catered to boaters. It was my job to run to go orders to people on their boats. For some reason our uniform was either long pants or a skirt with our uniform top. The skirts could not be short. It was hot so I found a skirt was much cooler. I remember I really wanted a skirt that was comfortable and didn’t restrict movement. At the time I followed the duggars a bit so I knew about fundi skirts. I searched something like “modest skirt athletic wear” and easily found a cheap and super comfy skirt. 

anyway, moral of the story - modest skirts are super easy to find. But also, they do make some really comfortable ones too. 

I totally agree. They are very easy to find for a good price. The Bontragers just want to advertise for this shop because they agree with its type of fundie Christian. They would never promote an orthodox Jewish modest clothing company. Even though they wear a lot of skirts past the knee. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers just want to advertise for this shop because they agree with its type of fundie Christian. 

And maybe they got a free skirt or two?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

The Bonts have really upped their posting the last week or two. I wonder why

They made a new song and they are on tour. They probably want to get more people to listen and come to their church shows. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

perhaps she can't spell calligraphy.

It would seem Liz also can't remember the lyrics to 'Be Thou My Vision.' Isn't it "Lord of my heart," not "Lord of my life?"

I'm probably just a nitpicking former chamber choir section leader (with all the requisite neuroses), but I smirked at that given that the whole Bontrager schtick is holier-than-thou-because-we-say-the-right-Jesus-words.

I would think she'd at least get the lyrics right.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Ugh yes I almost commented on the Instagram story that was like "do you struggle to find modest skirts?" I wanted to say, no not at all, it is not hard! I'm not fundy at all but when I wear skirts, I'm more comfortable in longer ones. It is absolutely easy to find them, so I don't get why it is hard for fundies. Maybe they just want a reason to feel different/special/persecuted-by-the-fashion-world/etc.? 

• Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, BigSandy said:

Ugh yes I almost commented on the Instagram story that was like "do you struggle to find modest skirts?" I wanted to say, no not at all, it is not hard! I'm not fundy at all but when I wear skirts, I'm more comfortable in longer ones. It is absolutely easy to find them, so I don't get why it is hard for fundies. Maybe they just want a reason to feel different/special/persecuted-by-the-fashion-world/etc.? 

I think it bugs them that there are so many more options these days. It’s easy to find so many modest options online. Back in the early 2000s it was much harder. And I think some enjoyed standing out and working harder to find modest options for Jesus. But they don’t go through that hardship anymore. But they still pretend they do.

• Upvote 7

On 7/30/2022 at 5:43 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which makes me wonder about Praise. She was born a Hell and is now a Bon. Is she now allowed to wear shorter skirts? Or does she still have to follow daddy’s rules?

Can we ship this to HellBound?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Can we ship this to HellBound?

I always wished it was Bentrager so it could be Hellbent 😂 the Bowers and Bontragers couples are already the Boners. John and Chelsy can be the Bonewells.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

I turn semi fundie every summer. I found the secret to staying cool is wearing a long sleeveless linen dress that pretty much just hangs from my shoulders without touching the rest of my body. I can skip undies but will still look more dressed than those hussies with tight fitting synthetic tops that leave nothing to the imagination, and I know I am cooler because I have worn those tops. (Some of those “tech” fabrics are claimed to wick sweat away or something, but the truly godly among us don’t sweat.) I’ve got a couple of linen dresses that even look great.
   Cotton is good too, but there is nothing like linen. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I turn semi fundie every summer. I found the secret to staying cool is wearing a long sleeveless linen dress that pretty much just hangs from my shoulders without touching the rest of my body. I can skip undies but will still look more dressed than those hussies with tight fitting synthetic tops that leave nothing to the imagination, and I know I am cooler because I have worn those tops. (Some of those “tech” fabrics are claimed to wick sweat away or something, but the truly godly among us don’t sweat.) I’ve got a couple of linen dresses that even look great.
   Cotton is good too, but there is nothing like linen. 

SLEEVELESS??

why young lady, you may be going to hell for that!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

SLEEVELESS??

why young lady, you may be going to hell for that!

The rest of the year I’m a pants-wearing slut, so I am already damned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic