IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

Steve and Terri didn’t interrupt touring either. One time they left Sarah behind to help with a newborn but other than that they kept their schedule. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

Steve and Terri didn’t interrupt touring either. One time they left Sarah behind to help with a newborn but other than that they kept their schedule. 

Interesting, their touring years were before my mind.

• Upvote 1

Had a listen to the latest offering from Curtis Bowers' podcast (Sep 3rd episode). Mostly it's baseless fear-mongering but it's pretty bonkers stuff.

1) He was going on about Biden calling out MAGA republicans as fascists. His main grumble WASN'T that he denied being a fascist, but that he thought it meant Biden was about to try and kill them all. Because that's what you do with fascists. I mean, think punching a Nazi is a public service, but Bowers is quite sure that Biden is going to launch an attack.

2) Then later, he says fascism is the same as communism, somehow. Communists are fascists, they're the same thing doing the same stuff although he also says there's no such thing as a classical communist any more.

3) He takes an executive order (14067) from March 2022, which seems to be about developing initiatives around digital currency, money laundering etc, and turns it into a an excuse for an unhinged, paranoid, racist diatribe.

4) There were anti-semitic, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-medicine bits and pieces in there as well, but not anything that should surprise anyone.

I stopped listening about 3/4 way through because ugh.

He's got a presence on Rumble as well. I had a bit of a poke around on there, and it is genuinely a scary place full of the crazies (lots of Stedfast Baptist and Jonathan Shelley, a tonne of Lil' PP and many other charmers of similar quality).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 13

4 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Had a listen to the latest offering from Curtis Bowers' podcast (Sep 3rd episode). Mostly it's baseless fear-mongering but it's pretty bonkers stuff.

1) He was going on about Biden calling out MAGA republicans as fascists. His main grumble WASN'T that he denied being a fascist, but that he thought it meant Biden was about to try and kill them all. Because that's what you do with fascists. I mean, think punching a Nazi is a public service, but Bowers is quite sure that Biden is going to launch an attack.

2) Then later, he says fascism is the same as communism, somehow. Communists are fascists, they're the same thing doing the same stuff although he also says there's no such thing as a classical communist any more.

3) He takes an executive order (14067) from March 2022, which seems to be about developing initiatives around digital currency, money laundering etc, and turns it into a an excuse for an unhinged, paranoid, racist diatribe.

4) There were anti-semitic, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-medicine bits and pieces in there as well, but not anything that should surprise anyone.

He's got a presence on Rumble as well. I had a bit of a poke around on there, and it is genuinely a scary place full of the crazies (lots of Stedfast Baptist and Jonathan Shelley, a tonne of Lil' PP and many other charmers of similar quality).

I personally can’t live like that. People like him, Alex Jones, etc are constantly in fear of everything. Their blood pressure must be through the roof 24/7. Of course we know Alex Jones doesn’t believe everything he says, but he looks insanely unhealthy to me. Not because he’s a large man. But it’s his eyes, his skin, everything. He just looks tired and unwell all the time. That’s how I always imagine these zealot conspiracy theorists. They must all be so unhealthy to be anxious all the time. I just want to tell them all, “leave your phone at home and go take a long walk. You will feel so much better.”

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Seriously, this guy could be Qanon. He needs to stop listening to the little voices inside his head (as well as the big ones on the internet). No wonder the Bontrager/Bowers couples went private. He must be under FBI surveillance if he’s putting this spew out into the world. Appreciate you wading through to this filth so the rest of us don’t have to. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally can’t live like that. People like him, Alex Jones, etc are constantly in fear of everything. Their blood pressure must be through the roof 24/7. Of course we know Alex Jones doesn’t believe everything he says, but he looks insanely unhealthy to me. Not because he’s a large man. But it’s his eyes, his skin, everything. He just looks tired and unwell all the time. That’s how I always imagine these zealot conspiracy theorists. They must all be so unhealthy to be anxious all the time. I just want to tell them all, “leave your phone at home and go take a long walk. You will feel so much better.”

The world must be such a scary place for them. Bowers sounds so much like Jones, and both have such fear of things that aren't like them. I don't understand how they can live like that either. I find it deeply selfish that people like Bowers had their chance to live in the world, couldn't cope, and subsequently stunted their children so badly that they've set into place generational ignorance and fear. As for Jones, I think he has some addiction issues going on with the unhealthy lifestyle.

Even such a basic question as one about the origins of the universe has to have an answer. I'm happy to say "I don't know how the universe began but there are some scientists who have some answers, and if they're wrong, they'll look for better answers, and that's fine. We don't need to know everything NOW." For Bowers and his ilk, they need all the answers now, and they better not be any more complicated than God.

• Upvote 13

I wonder where Hannie is. She’s always been friends with Liz. I hope she got to go to camp too. It’s one of the few places that has a ton of similar aged kids for the Duggar girls to socialize with. I know they are all fundies but at least it’s other kids. 

377A564F-E5FA-437B-9C46-A23459F17326.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder where Hannie is. She’s always been friends with Liz. I hope she got to go to camp too. It’s one of the few places that has a ton of similar aged kids for the Duggar girls to socialize with. I know they are all fundies but at least it’s other kids. 

377A564F-E5FA-437B-9C46-A23459F17326.jpeg

Is that Jennifer behind Hannie?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I can't tell the Duggar Lost Girls apart.  But then again neither can JB and Michelle.

For some reason, it’s easy for me. Especially Josie. None of the girls have ever looked like Josie. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

For some reason, it’s easy for me. Especially Josie. None of the girls have ever looked like Josie. 

It’s weird because I always thought Josie and Jinger most favored Michelle( but they don’t look alike to me). But in that photo, Jordyn also favors Jinger and Michelle . I guess what I am saying is I think Jinger, Jordyn and Josie all favor Michelle, but in different ways. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Another family camp pic. Is that Kendra’s little brother over on the left? It looks like him. 

0F2F4FFA-8370-4649-B70D-049C2999793F.jpeg

I think it's one of Kendra's brother. The oldest seems to have dark hair, so maybe that's the next brother. 

On 8/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, BigSandy said:

Allison Helferich shared a post on her instagram today that advocated blanket training, ugh! Not surprised but still really sad to see!

I read this and then sighed deeply. Then I went and fetched my 9 mo old out of wherever she had crawled off to and put her back near her toys. She promptly smiled at me and crawled off again. All I could think was how on earth could I hit this sweet thing over and over again to make her stay in one spot and stop exploring.  I’m not a perfect parent my any means but fundies make me sad. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I think this is the same room at camp that we first saw the Maxwells attending family camp in 2017. Of course the Max girls no longer need to go to family camp because they are making their own fun now at college and in their own homes. 

9F1CE16E-BC0C-45C2-9B93-29BD5B3BD685.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I bet a lot of the people at family camp live in a fairly isolated manner. I imagine the kids really enjoy actually talking to people at camp. I also would imagine quite a few young people go into it really hoping to start a courtship. 

I always loved going to (non family) camp as a kid. I tried to get my family to go to a (non religious) family camp. But alas, I was met with eye rolls from all in my family. 

• Upvote 6

He’s driving with a toddler in his lap!

DRIVING WHILE HOLDING A TODDLER!!

This “pro-life” man is driving with a small child in his lap. 

I can’t even. 

AE586843-E8D4-4B1A-AD41-19EB414306E4.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 4
  • WTF 4

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

He’s driving with a toddler in his lap!

DRIVING WHILE HOLDING A TODDLER!!

This “pro-life” man is driving with a small child in his lap. 

I can’t even. 

AE586843-E8D4-4B1A-AD41-19EB414306E4.jpeg

I bet Liz will get in trouble for posting that. Of course Marlin should be the one getting a hefty ticket. But Liz will get in trouble for posting because everyone now knows what a reckless jerk Marlin is. And of course Marlin doesn’t have a seatbelt on either. So in a crash they would both go flying.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

At first I thought maybe it was a picture taken in a combine during harvest, which would be okay, but they don't appear to be in a field.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, molecule said:

At first I thought maybe it was a picture taken in a combine during harvest, which would be okay, but they don't appear to be in a field.

I didn’t even think of that possibility.  I assumed it was their big bus; but I hope I am wrong. The thought of endangering a child like that just infuriates me. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I didn’t even think of that possibility.  I assumed it was their big bus; but I hope I am wrong. The thought of endangering a child like that just infuriates me. 

It definitely looks like the big bus. Unless combines look like big busses on the inside and I had no idea. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic