IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing about the Bonts is that they aren’t that active in the lives of the children who have moved away. They do see Chelsy, Allison and the Boners on occasion. But definitely not as much as the ones that live near them. And the Bontragers put the tour first. So if you are giving birth, too bad. They won’t go visit you until the tour is over. But with the Maxwells, I think they would go visit Sarah soon after she had a baby. Even if she is 5 hours away. I think Chelsy may share a lot of her parents’ crazy ideas, but the Maxwells seem to be there for them much more. And that must count for something. 

Except we don't really know that for a fact. We only know what they share. They could be on the phone and video chat every day. Just because they don't post photos and mention things on the blogs or instagram and travel to Kansas all the time does not mean they are not in constant contact. We can't really know, just like practically no one guessed the Maxwells were going to make such a 180, even our members who have followed the Maxwells for 20 years.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Except we don't really know that for a fact. We only know what they share. They could be on the phone and video chat every day. Just because they don't post photos and mention things on the blogs or instagram and travel to Kansas all the time does not mean they are not in constant contact. We can't really know, just like practically no one guessed the Maxwells were going to make such a 180, even our members who have followed the Maxwells for 20 years.

But we do know for a fact that they don’t leave the tour for even big things. Like when Madeline was in the hospital. Because it was said that they didn’t come to support Chelsy in person until the tour was over. We do know that. It makes sense to me that the Boners would move near the Bowers family. The Bontragers are on tour for months at a time. While the Bowers family are not. Living near the Bontragers doesn’t actually mean you will see them a lot. It’s been made very clear by their actions that the tour comes first. Sure they could make calls but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about physically being there. And the Maxwells and the Bowers don’t go on months long tours where they are physically unavailable. The Maxwells were able to watch the older boys when they had to be with Madeline. They are more available because they don’t go on tour anymore. 

• Upvote 14

Allison Helferich shared a post on her instagram today that advocated blanket training, ugh! Not surprised but still really sad to see!

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 12
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, BigSandy said:

Allison Helferich shared a post on her instagram today that advocated blanket training, ugh! Not surprised but still really sad to see!

Oh, Allison! She has a 1 year old and is pregnant again. She needs Malachi to be trained before she has two under two. Depending on his schedule, Jeremiah might work during the day and it's just her. He may or may not be a lot of help. 

It's not surprising, but really upsetting. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

I’m sure she will end up with 4 kids aged 4 and under. Chelsy only stopped because of her heart issue. Otherwise she would probably be pregnant and ready to pop with her 4th. Amish and Mennonites typically rely on spanking and instant obedience like a lot of fundies. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My chickens are more godly than they are.

New thread title?

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Yeah wasn’t it July 19 or something? One of the preacher dads said a baby was born? Both were due in summer I think. So the second hasn’t come yet. Or was it only one of the Bowers girls pregnant? Idk

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Yeah wasn’t it July 19 or something? One of the preacher dads said a baby was born? Both were due in summer I think. So the second hasn’t come yet. Or was it only one of the Bowers girls pregnant? Idk

Both were pregnant and Bowers senior confirmed that one gave birth July 19 but we don’t know which one.

• Upvote 3

I guess I just kinda wish they would say who had a baby and maybe it’s sex. I’m fine with people staying private. But this is semi private and it’s annoying. We know a Bowers/Bontrager child was born last month but nothing else. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

29 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

#12 was born on July 17, 2022. Both the Bowers-Bontragers are/were pregnant. Allison is also pregnant.

• Upvote 4

The Bont girls really need to stop calling their brothers their boyfriends and they need to stop dating them. It’s cringey as hell. 

F9E97EA1-2643-4953-8594-493EA7856D55.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 6

The Bontragers have married off four of their six sons and have two single sons. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Amish and Mennonites typically rely on spanking and instant obedience like a lot of fundies. 

I'm not really sure how this assertion is relevant, considering that the Bontragers, while of Amish/Beachy Amish Mennonite background, seem to have been ATI/Baptist for about 15 years, and the Helferiches don't have any Anabaptist heritage, as far as I know.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, RC-2017 said:

I'm not really sure how this assertion is relevant, considering that the Bontragers, while of Amish/Beachy Amish Mennonite background, seem to have been ATI/Baptist for about 15 years, and the Helferiches don't have any Anabaptist heritage, as far as I know.

I think the Bontragers are still influenced by their past. Although they left the Amish, they still were heavily influenced by it when they were growing up. They still travel and sing at many Mennonite churches. They have a lot of family and friends who are Mennonite. They are still influenced by it. Along with the ATI/IBLP fundie beliefs. Many of the beliefs overlap. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 8/16/2022 at 8:27 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

But we do know for a fact that they don’t leave the tour for even big things. Like when Madeline was in the hospital. Because it was said that they didn’t come to support Chelsy in person until the tour was over. We do know that. It makes sense to me that the Boners would move near the Bowers family. The Bontragers are on tour for months at a time. While the Bowers family are not. Living near the Bontragers doesn’t actually mean you will see them a lot. It’s been made very clear by their actions that the tour comes first. Sure they could make calls but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about physically being there. And the Maxwells and the Bowers don’t go on months long tours where they are physically unavailable. The Maxwells were able to watch the older boys when they had to be with Madeline. They are more available because they don’t go on tour anymore. 

You still don't know what goes on behind the family postings. I think the Maxwells are proof of that. Again, just because you don't see them on instagram together or in blog posts, that does not mean they are not on the phone every day many times a day with each other. I always said something was going on with the Maxwells that was not public, and it turns out that was true. I am not really sure how you think you can be so positive about stranger's relationships from occasional and curated social media posts.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You still don't know what goes on behind the family postings. I think the Maxwells are proof of that. Again, just because you don't see them on instagram together or in blog posts, that does not mean they are not on the phone every day many times a day with each other. I always said something was going on with the Maxwells that was not public, and it turns out that was true. I am not really sure how you think you can be so positive about stranger's relationships from occasional and curated social media posts.

Your post confuses me. Are you saying we know nothing about fundies? Is Jill really a super nice person in real life because she secretly donates money to a food bank? 

And again, I wasn’t talking about calling each other on the phone in support. I’m sure they probably do that. Again I was talking about physically being there. They can’t be two places at once. That we can prove. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Bontragers have never interrumpted a tour because a birth. They have a very clear priority. Even if they have had called Chelsy ten times a day, I can't see it as real help. She stated she was in an enormous distress because Maddie was very ill and she had 2 more babies at home (I think Elliot was 10 or 11 months old). It was Maxwells who looked after them.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Your post confuses me. Are you saying we know nothing about fundies? Is Jill really a super nice person in real life because she secretly donates money to a food bank? 

And again, I wasn’t talking about calling each other on the phone in support. I’m sure they probably do that. Again I was talking about physically being there. They can’t be two places at once. That we can prove. 

No, I am saying that you implied several times that  the Bonts are not engaged with their married children because they are not seen with them on social media. We don't know that they are not together, we don't know how much time they spend together and how connected and influential they are because they only show what they want us to see. I just think we need to be careful about sweeping conclusions because we really have no idea how much influence they have over their kids.

2 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Bontragers have never interrumpted a tour because a birth. They have a very clear priority. Even if they have had called Chelsy ten times a day, I can't see it as real help. She stated she was in an enormous distress because Maddie was very ill and she had 2 more babies at home (I think Elliot was 10 or 11 months old). It was Maxwells who looked after them.

The original point I was making was that I hope John has not been dragged into Bont crazy politics. And I stand by the fact that we have no idea how close these people really are and how much Marlin's crazy politics are influencing the kids and inlaws.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

No, I am saying that you implied several times that  the Bonts are not engaged with their married children because they are not seen with them on social media. We don't know that they are not together, we don't know how much time they spend together and how connected and influential they are because they only show what they want us to see. I just think we need to be careful about sweeping conclusions because we really have no idea how much influence they have over their kids.

And I’m saying we know for a fact they are touring for weeks or months at a time. We see them on livestreams touring. The tour schedules are always displayed on their website. We know they are there. Unless they are deep faking? Lol. They don’t cancel the tour if a baby is in the NICU. They stay on the tour. I was saying that the Maxwells don’t tour anymore so they are physically home to help in emergencies. The Bontragers aren’t. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And I’m saying we know for a fact they are touring for weeks or months at a time. We see them on livestreams touring. The tour schedules are always displayed on their website. We know they are there. Unless they are deep faking? Lol. They don’t cancel the tour if a baby is in the NICU. They stay on the tour. I was saying that the Maxwells don’t tour anymore so they are physically home to help in emergencies. The Bontragers aren’t. 

Which has no bearing on how much influence Marlin's wacked out ideas has on the children. Again, my comment was that I hope John is not getting influenced by Marlin; you replied that the Maxwells have more influence because the Bonts are always on tour. But the fact is we don't know who is influencing John and how close they are to the Bonts. Physical closeness is not everything and is not indicative of emotional closeness.  The reason I am sticking to this is that a lot of incorrect assumptions can be made because someone is not posting about it. Human relationships are much more complex than what is seen on fundie instagram. And I fear John is going to follow Marlin now that Steve's grip is weak.

Again, I hope John Maxwell is not being influenced by Marlin, especially since Steve Maxwell has long since lost his grip. John is sort of a pet fundie and I hate the idea of him being supportive of Jan6 and such :(

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

It sure is.  I declare he and Marlin are birds of a feather after listening to a few minutes of his preaching.  That's all I could stand.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Marlin and Becky also made a point of showing they were still on tour when the first two grandchildren were born. I was surprised because first grandchildren are a big deal and they had two grandbabies born on one weekend. And yet they still waited! I think there is probably more they don't tell us, but they tell people they're touring so people will come to their shows. 

It's just as well that Marlin and Becky didn't come to help Chelsy earlier considering they don't take COVID seriously. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic