IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe Denver and Praise finally have a lil' arrow on the way?  

Maybe. That probably would be big news since they’ve been married for awhile and Bontragers love to procreate. 

• Upvote 2

The news is just new t shirts for sale. However I can’t help but notice no noticeable speech impediments in any of the 4 Bont daughters. Too bad the Bonts are so obsessed with gender roles and men always doing the public speaking and preaching because they don’t seem to get their sons speech therapy and the girls seemed to avoid the speech impediments. I have a child with a speech impediment but I’m no expert. However I do think the Bontragers are the type to completely neglect speech issues in their children and I think that’s really shitty. 

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The news is just new t shirts for sale. However I can’t help but notice no noticeable speech impediments in any of the 4 Bont daughters. Too bad the Bonts are so obsessed with gender roles and men always doing the public speaking and preaching because they don’t seem to get their sons speech therapy and the girls seemed to avoid the speech impediments. I have a child with a speech impediment but I’m no expert. However I do think the Bontragers are the type to completely neglect speech issues in their children and I think that’s really shitty. 

Completely agree. Yet another win for public schooling is access to SLPs.

Every person deserves confidence while speaking.

One of my favorite pictures and stories about Pres. Biden is of him hugging the niece of a former US Ambassador -the niece has a stutter, and Biden noted to keep practicing -he overcame it, and so too can she. Really cool.

• Upvote 8

Every time I see an update to this thread, I’m hoping it’s Allison’s baby.t This 2022 trend of secrecy about giving birth is driving me nuts. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, postscript said:

Every time I see an update to this thread, I’m hoping it’s Allison’s baby.t This 2022 trend of secrecy about giving birth is driving me nuts. 

I think she will eventually announce. I just think she’s waiting a few weeks. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Completely agree. Yet another win for public schooling is access to SLPs.

Every person deserves confidence while speaking.

The funny thing is in a lot states (I am not sure how many or which) you don’t even have to be a student at a public school to get free speech. It is usually the only service offered for free to private school students and homeschoolers. So depending on your state- really no excuse.

• Upvote 6

I paid out of pocket for my son’s speech eval. But I admit, I just went the easy way because I wanted to get the ball rolling. 

• Upvote 4

In 2000 my parents paid out of pocket for my learning disability evaluations because the school system told them I should do it but didn’t say I was entitled to a free one. (I was going to public school!) and if you think 22 years later I’m still bitter about it and haven’t forgiven them then yes, you’re right. They owe my mom about $2000 that she had to borrow from relatives.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Liz’s answers make me sad but then I have to remember, she’s barely an adult. She’s still living at home so of course she’s brainwashed into thinking her narcissistic father is humble. Humble and open minded are the two things I would never use to describe Marlin. 

F9C33532-EFB8-45B8-A2D1-4572DDFD6C5D.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 4

“Discerning of the times?” Based on observation, that means Marlin thinks Trump is the answer to the nation’s problems. Sorry, Marlin, Trump and Trumpism are part of the problem, not the solution. 

At Liz’s age, I and most of the teens I’ve known hated their parents and would have had difficulty coming up with three positive traits. In retrospective, of course, that has changed. I can’t help wondering if Liz’s perspective will shift in a more negative direction as she grows older. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

53 minutes ago, postscript said:

“Discerning of the times?” Based on observation, that means Marlin thinks Trump is the answer to the nation’s problems. Sorry, Marlin, Trump and Trumpism are part of the problem, not the solution. 

At Liz’s age, I and most of the teens I’ve known hated their parents and would have had difficulty coming up with three positive traits. In retrospective, of course, that has changed. I can’t help wondering if Liz’s perspective will shift in a more negative direction as she grows older. 

When I was Liz’s age, I was a college freshmen. I was actually past hating my parents because I was living away from home. I actually kind of missed them and was glad to see them when I would come home on holidays. But I feel like I was better at seeing my parents’ good and bad traits at that age. Liz probably won’t see clearly until she’s been out of that house for quite a few years. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I was Liz’s age, I was a college freshmen. I was actually past hating my parents because I was living away from home. I actually kind of missed them and was glad to see them when I would come home on holidays. But I feel like I was better at seeing my parents’ good and bad traits at that age. Liz probably won’t see clearly until she’s been out of that house for quite a few years. 

And who knows with what kind of guy she'll ends up with. It might be someone even more narrow minded and strict.
It seems like Allison went to a wayyy more conservative family than the one she was raised in.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

And who knows with what kind of guy she'll ends up with. It might be someone even more narrow minded and strict.
It seems like Allison went to a wayyy more conservative family than the one she was raised in.

I’m really hoping she finds a guy who is not anything like the families her siblings married into. And I’m hoping she doesn’t marry young. The only thing her sisters had going for them is that they didn’t marry super young. 

• Upvote 7

On 11/22/2022 at 7:48 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m really hoping she finds a guy who is not anything like the families her siblings married into. And I’m hoping she doesn’t marry young. The only thing her sisters had going for them is that they didn’t marry super young. 

I don't think the Maxwells are that bad and maybe it's because they've been mellowing in age.  Chelsy and John seem to be really strong match and Chelsy seems close to Sarah, Melanie, Anna Craig Maxwell, etc.

The Helferichs and Bontragers seem more alike to me. 

On 11/22/2022 at 2:50 AM, ophelia said:

If this is true, then this is amazingly sad, because the Bontragers are very conservative themselves. I think they're almost equal although the Helferichs seem to be skirts only. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't think the Maxwells are that bad and maybe it's because they've been mellowing in age.  Chelsy and John seem to be really strong match and Chelsy seems close to Sarah, Melanie, Anna Craig Maxwell, etc.

The Helferichs and Bontragers seem more alike to me. 

If this is true, then this is amazingly sad, because the Bontragers are very conservative themselves. I think they're almost equal although the Helferichs seem to be skirts only. 

It’s sad that the mellowing in Maxhell took so long. Sarah was a legal adult trapped at home for 21 years. It’s horrible what Steve did to those kids. His mellowing doesn’t erase those many years of harm. Plus the mellowing is probably not by Steve’s choice. He likely just had to sit there and deal with it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

*snip* Plus the mellowing is probably not by Steve’s choice. He likely just had to sit there and deal with it. 

And let us savor two animal crackers with that fact. I find the thought of it positively delightful.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 11/25/2022 at 1:17 PM, usmcmom said:

Seen on Instagram: Allison has had her baby - a girl, Gemma Nicole. 

Gemma's pretty close to Jemima, Carson's younger daughter. I suppose compared to the exact same nicknames used for two Duggar grandchildren, this is nothing!

• Upvote 8

Carver posted a video with Wallace pretending to play the piano and singing. A blonde curly haired toddler was behind him. It was Either his younger brother Winston or it was Jemima. I couldn’t see the toddler well. I wonder if Josh and Cass will tell him to take it down since they don’t seem to want to be on SM. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, ElizaB said:

The funny thing is in a lot states (I am not sure how many or which) you don’t even have to be a student at a public school to get free speech. It is usually the only service offered for free to private school students and homeschoolers. So depending on your state- really no excuse.

Is it really the only service they could access?  They couldn’t get occupational therapy, for instance? Years ago I worked in the public school administration building of a small city and used to overhear the assistant superintendent of academics talking to parents who planned to homeschool, and her message seemed to be “let us know if we can help you with anything.” I wasn’t eavesdropping, so I don’t know what she was specifically offering, but why couldn’t parents choose to have their kids participate only in PE, or just AP chemistry if the student qualified? How could  a public school say no if a parent provided transportation? If the parents live in town, I think the children have a right to what is offered in the public schools, but you say schools deny them this? That’s a shame. Anything to mitigate the isolation of those children is a plus all by itself. 
  Of course,  this is largely hypothetical: fundie homeschooling parents would not want their children to have contact with school personnel  because they are all Satan’s minions. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Is it really the only service they could access?  They couldn’t get occupational therapy, for instance? Years ago I worked in the public school administration building of a small city and used to overhear the assistant superintendent of academics talking to parents who planned to homeschool, and her message seemed to be “let us know if we can help you with anything.” I wasn’t eavesdropping, so I don’t know what she was specifically offering, but why couldn’t parents choose to have their kids participate only in PE, or just AP chemistry if the student qualified? How could  a public school say no if a parent provided transportation? If the parents live in town, I think the children have a right to what is offered in the public schools, but you say schools deny them this? That’s a shame. Anything to mitigate the isolation of those children is a plus all by itself. 
  Of course,  this is largely hypothetical: fundie homeschooling parents would not want their children to have contact with school personnel  because they are all Satan’s minions. 

Our high school allows homeschooled kids to take any classes they want and to participate in any sports teams they want.  In the past homeschooled students have taken advantage of foreign language classes, for example, because parents can't always teach those skills.  I thought that was the law everywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Our high school allows homeschooled kids to take any classes they want and to participate in any sports teams they want.  In the past homeschooled students have taken advantage of foreign language classes, for example, because parents can't always teach those skills.  I thought that was the law everywhere.

The Duggars just used Marjorie Jackson’s mom as their Spanish teacher. Too bad JB would never let them attend an actual public school. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Maybe it is. I hope so. 

So all 4 couples that married in 2017 have 3 kids now. And Allison is trying to catch up with her two in quick succession. I have a feeling the Bontragers are going to have a lot of grandkids overall. But unlike many other fundies, they are used to it. Both Becky and Marlin come from huge families with tons of grandkids. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars just used Marjorie Jackson’s mom as their Spanish teacher. Too bad JB would never let them attend an actual public school. 

And did any of them learn a lick of Spanish?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic