Jump to content
IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!


nelliebelle1197
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, dramallama said:

I've had shingles 3 times as an adult, it is misery, and I'm still too young to get the shingles vaccine.  I wish the chicken pox vaccine had been a thing when I was a kid. 

I thought they lowered the age for the shingles vaccine to 45 or thereabouts. I got mine a couple of years ago. Hope it works, because I wouldn't wish shingles on my worst enemy. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I thought they lowered the age for the shingles vaccine to 45 or thereabouts. I got mine a couple of years ago. Hope it works, because I wouldn't wish shingles on my worst enemy. 

I'm not even 45 yet 🤣  Last time I checked the minimum age was 50 but that was probably a year ago.

I got shingles for the first time at the ripe age of 21. Oof.

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG, that's horrible! Can your doctor make an exception in your case so you can get vaccinated now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Marlin had 4 grandchildren on the way in June 2022. Brynn and Mitchell shortly had a new baby. Now Allison and Jeremiah are expecting. So that's two known. I'm thinking Cass and Lina for the other two, but it could be Praise.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the chickenpox vaccine does prevent shingles later on? I wasn’t sure. My dad got a very bad case of shingles this winter because, despite him being well over the qualifying age, he ‘never got around to it’. Despite getting into he right drugs within a day he will probably have some nerve damage for the rest of his life. Now I’m a proselytizer for the shingles vaccine for everyone as soon as they can. I’d get it if they allowed it - I had it about 7 years ago and it wasn’t bad, in fact I thought it was bug bites for days, but still never want it again. I was a baby when I had chicken pox so don’t remember it but my mom definitely remembers 3 little kids having it at once and how horrible it was.

I always remember that little boy in Oregon who almost died from tetanus and when he finally recovered his parents *still* refused the vaccine. So stupid it hurts, indeed. Except it hurts the kids the most.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dramallama said:

I've had shingles 3 times as an adult, it is misery, and I'm still too young to get the shingles vaccine.  I wish the chicken pox vaccine had been a thing when I was a kid. 

I'm not sure what country you are in, so re-check with your doctor but the CDC recommends that adults 50+ should get the vaccine but it can be given as early as 19. Typically it is  given earlier if the person is immunocompromised or is likely to become immunocompromised but if you have already had shingles 3X then perhaps you qualify. In my province you can get the vaccine free between 65-70 but you can get it earlier if you pay. Your doctor will also be able to let you know the costs. 

second edit: the reason the vaccine is given to people who are older is because this is the group at highest risk for shingles and the highest risk group for severe shingles. 

Edited by browngrl
corrected a word
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So Marlin had 4 grandchildren on the way in June 2022. Brynn and Mitchell shortly had a new baby. Now Allison and Jeremiah are expecting. So that's two known. I'm thinking Cass and Lina for the other two, but it could be Praise.

It's definitely Cass and Lina. I went looking for other Bontrager/Bowers information and in a video posted in early June on one of his far-right-lunacy-social media accounts, Curtis Bowers said that both Cass and Lina were expecting #3, both due this summer.

Then on July 15, the Bontragers sang at a church in PA. Marlin's usual spiel included that they have 11 grandchildren (including Mitchell and Bryn's latest, born in late June), and that #12 was due that day. That must have been either Cass or Lina, given that Allison just announced that she's only 27 weeks.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It makes sense since both Cass and Lina tend to space their kids similarly and it’s usually around 2 years. This is the third time they’ve been pregnant at the same time. I imagine it will be like this for a few years to come. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's got to be hard for Denver and Praise not having a baby already. I hope that's their choice. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes sense since both Cass and Lina tend to space their kids similarly and it’s usually around 2 years. This is the third time they’ve been pregnant at the same time. I imagine it will be like this for a few years to come. 

Those couples creep me out a bit. Double wedding, first babies born the same week, babies 2 and 3 within a few months of each other, both have a letter naming theme...just a little much.

  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EmiSue said:

Those couples creep me out a bit. Double wedding, first babies born the same week, babies 2 and 3 within a few months of each other, both have a letter naming theme...just a little much.

Their first babies were born less than 12 hours apart in the same birthing center. So weird. It’s like those identical twins who married identical twins and live together. They were pregnant at the same time too. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree it is weird; however, scientifically speaking it is not that crazy. Seeing as they were living together it makes sense that their cycles were synched. They also clearly began having sex on exactly the same day. So it is not entirely surprising their babies were born at the same time. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I agree it is weird; however, scientifically speaking it is not that crazy. Seeing as they were living together it makes sense that their cycles were synched. They also clearly began having sex on exactly the same day. So it is not entirely surprising their babies were born at the same time. 

I agree but it is surprising they conceived the same month. Both sisters got pregnant like a month or 6 weeks into their marriage. One could have gotten pregnant the first month and the other 3 months later and it would be completely normal. No infertility or any problem like that. They just happened to get pregnant the same exact cycle. 
 

And if you look at the triple Neely daughter wedding, none of them got pregnant the exact same cycle after marriage. And 2 Neely girls married brothers like the Bowers girls. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@anachronistic yes, if you never get chicken pox, you are safe from shingles- it’s the same virus. The herpes virus that causes chicken pox never dies, it just lays dormant in your spinal fluid. At some point in time it can flair, causing shingles. I’m always telling my kids how lucky they are to never worry about either - I missed the chicken pox vaccine by only a few years, and had chicken pox as a kid.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My son had a horrible case of shingles when he was 26. His doctor said that she has seen a huge increase in shingles cases in young people who were given varivax (the chicken pox vaccine) as children. Apparently the vaccine doesn't protect people from the virus quite as well or as long as having chicken pox does.

  • WTF 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to Duggar Data, Curtis confirmed that Cass and Lina are pregnant. Apparently one of them was due the 15th. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

According to Duggar Data, Curtis confirmed that Cass and Lina are pregnant. Apparently one of them was due the 15th. 

They didn't confirm it. Actually, I think someone read it hear and then told Duggar Data about it. Duggar Data is asking for further proof. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Do we know what babies the triple Neely sisters have had?

No. Unfortunately they went completely dark after the wedding. But we did find a registry. That’s it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, molecule said:

My son had a horrible case of shingles when he was 26. His doctor said that she has seen a huge increase in shingles cases in young people who were given varivax (the chicken pox vaccine) as children. Apparently the vaccine doesn't protect people from the virus quite as well or as long as having chicken pox does.

I don’t understand. Having chicken pox does not protect you from getting shingles. Having chicken pox is the reason you can get shingles. Am I misreading this post?

  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just bad at explaining it. Varivax tricks the body into thinking it has had the virus. However, there is something about the immune response they makes the person susceptible to shingles earlier than when the person has had the actual virus.

I fear I may be totally off-base.  That is what my son said his doctor told him, but  this son was under an incredible amount of stress at the time and that may have caused it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

It's got to be hard for Denver and Praise not having a baby already. I hope that's their choice. 

Back when they were engaged, we all noticed they seemed more than ready to do the deed. Add to that the "increase and multiply" culture of Christian fundamentalism all around them. If she's not pregnant yet, I'll bet there is a medical issue going on.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of chicken pox.

I had Bell's Palsy a several years ago. The doctor said that science so far thinks it's caused by either:  heredity (my father and his first cousin had it), chicken pox virus in your system that attacks the nerves in your face caused selling and inflammation, (I had chicken pox as a child), or possibly stress.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No. Unfortunately they went completely dark after the wedding. But we did find a registry. That’s it.

The Neely family are producing a new album with all the family contributing. They have posted a bit about it and have included an overhead photo from the recording studio. Looks as if there is at least one pregnant sister

20220728_220732.jpg

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

The Neely family are producing a new album with all the family contributing. They have posted a bit about it and have included an overhead photo from the recording studio. Looks as if there is at least one pregnant sister

20220728_220732.jpg

That’s right. I actually think I posted about that months ago and forgot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.