IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

So we’ve all done potentially dangerous things with our kids. There are often things I look back on and think- in retrospect that was a bad choice. What is concerning to me about the bus/lap picture is that afterwards they didn’t even realize it was a mistake. They think it is so ok that they posted a picture of it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

47 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

So we’ve all done potentially dangerous things with our kids. There are often things I look back on and think- in retrospect that was a bad choice. What is concerning to me about the bus/lap picture is that afterwards they didn’t even realize it was a mistake. They think it is so ok that they posted a picture of it. 

I’m sure that’s because they do this type of thing all the time. It’s their norm. and that’s scary.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just read that Canada is lifting their testing/vax travel restriction so I guess the Bonts will be touring there again. 

Will they need to recruit Joe Xiques again?  Can they really function as a band without him?

https://joexiques.com/

4 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I think I saw Anna Maxwell the third’s sister a couple of times. 

Yes, that's definitely Rachael Craig. 

• Upvote 1

The Craigs are friends with the Bontragers. Both families always do the Bible bee. I believe that’s how they’ve known each other for years. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/26/2022 at 1:32 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

New blog post up from the Bontragers (link). It's of family camp. Probably photos from social media.  I still can't tell Hannie, Jennifer, and Jordyn Duggar apart.

If I have my Duggars right, Jordyn is closest to the camera, Johanna is semi hidden behind Jackson, and Jennifer is the blonde one on the other side of the group. 

• Thank You 1

Joe Xiques seems to have a girlfriend named Avery Dearmore. I’m just glad he isn’t dating Liz and isn’t traveling with the Bontragers anymore. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Allison says she’s due any day now. 

I can’t help but be curious about the names of the newest Bont/Bowers babies. Are they still going with W’s and J’s? Do both still only have all girls or all boys? Or did they have the opposite sex child after 2 kids of the same sex like both Chelsy and Mitch? 

• Upvote 5

On 11/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison says she’s due any day now. 

I can’t help but be curious about the names of the newest Bont/Bowers babies. Are they still going with W’s and J’s? Do both still only have all girls or all boys? Or did they have the opposite sex child after 2 kids of the same sex like both Chelsy and Mitch? 

Me too. I do wish they'd just say names and birthdates. No photos or anything else. Even a fake name, we wouldn't know!

• Upvote 2

Me three. Them and the two Duggars couples who are rumored to have recent babies.I do t care about pictures, just a name and a birthdate. 

While I give them credit for wanting to keep their families off social media, it’s a weird look, especially after Joshua Bontrager’s multiple grandiloquent posts mansplaining the name of Dassidy’s last baby. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, postscript said:

Me three. Them and the two Duggars couples who are rumored to have recent babies.I do t care about pictures, just a name and a birthdate. 

While I give them credit for wanting to keep their families off social media, it’s a weird look, especially after Joshua Bontrager’s multiple grandiloquent posts mansplaining the name of Dassidy’s last baby. 

Would you be so kind to share a link? I wasn't following the Bons then.

New blog post up from the Bontrager blog. It's called Happenings at the Farm (link). It makes the old Maxwell "Random Life" posts look like proper newsletters. 

I was looking for news on Allison. I hope she had the baby and they're fine.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

New blog post up from the Bontrager blog. It's called Happenings at the Farm (link). It makes the old Maxwell "Random Life" posts look like proper newsletters. 

I was looking for news on Allison. I hope she had the baby and they're fine.

I bet she’s had the baby but hasn’t announced on social media yet.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

It says ‘enter your text here’ at the top. We will know if Marlin reads here if that changes.

Bontragers never have any news anymore. They get grandkids, they sing, they tour, they farm, they fellowship. Repeat. There are good-looking meals in there too. But nothing that exciting. I wonder if they’re deliberately being quiet since the Jan 6 attempted coup, they don’t want to have the slightest bit of controversy around them because so many people know that they were there and people are being treated, well, as they deserve to be treated, losing jobs, etc, when people found out they were there. And I don’t know how much Mennonites are on social media but if the extended family knows that’s got to be tough because Mennonites are pacifists and even though Marlin left, I’m sure his family would judge him quite harshly for taking part.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:28 PM, Giraffe said:

Does the US even routinely vaccinate for polio anymore?  I thought it was eradicated-ish to the point where they stopped vaccinating for it. 

That's smallpox

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

It says ‘enter your text here’ at the top. We will know if Marlin reads here if that changes.

Bontragers never have any news anymore. They get grandkids, they sing, they tour, they farm, they fellowship. Repeat. There are good-looking meals in there too. But nothing that exciting. I wonder if they’re deliberately being quiet since the Jan 6 attempted coup, they don’t want to have the slightest bit of controversy around them because so many people know that they were there and people are being treated, well, as they deserve to be treated, losing jobs, etc, when people found out they were there. And I don’t know how much Mennonites are on social media but if the extended family knows that’s got to be tough because Mennonites are pacifists and even though Marlin left, I’m sure his family would judge him quite harshly for taking part.

Well the two sons married to Curtis Bowers’ daughters no longer want to be on the blog. Nor do they want any info posted about them. So I do think Jan 6 has a lot to do with it. I’m sure they got a visit with questions as to whether they went inside or not. It may have scared them into silence online. Plus the only grandchildren they have around regularly are Mitch’s kids. Everyone else is out of state. Praise and Denver must be dealing with some sort of issues because Bontragers don’t seem to believe in birth control. Their farm is pretty empty because so many kids and grandkids live out of state. That makes for way less news and cute pictures. 

• Upvote 6

I think it also has a lot to do with Allison and chelsey being gone. One them (can’t remember which) seemed to be in charge of the blog. Now Liz has taken over and I don’t think she posts as much and her posts are always very short. 

• Upvote 8

The Bont instagram says they have some pretty exciting news to share. I really hate to break it to them but there hasn’t been exciting news from the Bonts in years. I’m guessing it’s a new CD or they will be touring in Canada again since they won’t have to get vaxed to get in. Yawn. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bont instagram says they have some pretty exciting news to share. I really hate to break it to them but there hasn’t been exciting news from the Bonts in years. I’m guessing it’s a new CD or they will be touring in Canada again since they won’t have to get vaxed to get in. Yawn. 

Maybe Denver and Praise finally have a lil' arrow on the way?  

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic