IGNORED

The Freckled Fox (Emily Meyers): DUI?

Howl

So, The Freckled Fox is a (now-divorced) mom (still Mormon?) social media influencer with (now) six kids. 

The back story: At 18 or so, Emily married Martin (10 years older) and like a good Mormon wife, had five kids in quick succession. Then, sadly, Martin was stricken with melanoma and succumbed to his illness (2016).  During this time, Emily was a very successful mom blogger, fashionista, model, all the things social media with a major following. 

However, she wasn't a grieving widow in the traditional sense.  Richard Carmack (past flame, may or may not have been one-sided on Richard's part)  shows up on the scene even before Martin passes.  

Richard ("Man Bun") and Emily are now a couple and then marry.  Martin had invested in quite a bit of real estate before he passed, inherited by Emily.  They begin selling off the real estate and Emily has a baby with Man Bun. 

At some point in there, Martin's parents sue -- for custody, I think.  Can't remember. Anyway, the grandparents lose, and Emily + Man Bun keep the kids.  They are selling real estate, Man Bun is blowing through the proceeds buying new toys. Somewhere in there, he "accidentally" shoots Emily in the knee. 

Eventually they wind up kind of broke, Richard doesn't place a priority (or any priority) on being a good provider, but wants to be a crypto broker.   Everyone on social media is screaming, "Leave him, he's a loser!!!!  Eleventy!!!. 

Emily finally puts her boot in his ass, they divorce a year ago, he moves to Page, AZ. 

Emily is pulling it together as a single mom,  gets a nice house near many siblings & extended family and friends and all has seemed well.  However for the last while, she has not updated on social media, no new pics on Instagram since this past spring,  the website hasn't been updated in forever, so I checked in today.  

She posted a lovely pic of her holding her youngest on Instagram, with a quote from Brené Brown,  but there was a comment (deleted in the last few hours) that caught my attention.  

As everyone was commenting about how they've missed Emily and her posts, one person said she was gone because she was in jail! 

So, I googled!  And came up with this post title (locked down, no comments) on something called socialgrep: EMILY MEYERS (THE FRECKLED FOX) ARRESTED FOR DUI WITH MINORS IN THE VEHICLE AND OPEN CONTAINERS OF VODKA AND FIREBALL 

I can't find any more about this. Emily lives in Utah County, Utah. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 15

• Howl changed the title to The Freckled Fox (Emily Meyers): DUI?

Wow that would be shocking. Mormons don’t drink so I imagine her Mormon friends and family would be really upset with her for drinking and driving with kids in the car. If this is true, I hope she gets her shit together for the sake of her 6 kids. 

• Upvote 13

Me too.  She discussed going to therapy after dumping Man Bun and she also mentioned that they went to marriage therapy, so hopefully she gets help STAT.

If this is indeed true, she'll likely be required to do a lot of alcohol awareness work. 

The sad part is that a LOT of money will go to lawyers. 

I'd like to see confirmation in terms of arrest documents. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

DUI with minors in the car. Oofta. However I bet she won't lose custody. 

BIPOC women however, for drug possession/use not even DUI, children are often taken away from not just the custodial parent but their extended family and put into foster care or even adopted out.

That anger at the system aside, I hope she gets medical based mental health treatment and substance use disorder treatment, not just religious based stigmatizing based "treatment".

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

socialgrep is one of those sites that just harvests content posted elsewhere. In this case, the "Arrested for DUI" headline came from the Blogsnark subreddit. The OP of the thread was a burner account with no other activity (before or after), and the Blogsnark mods deleted it almost as soon as it was posted. I can't find any other source for it. I even braved GOMI's insane number of ad scripts to check out the Freckled Fox thread there, and nada. One post there from March did say that they got the vibe (from Emily's Insta Stories) that she was afraid of Richard post-divorce, and that may have been why she was posting so little.

I vaguely remember reading something about it months ago, but I can't really remember the what/where. At the time, I had just sort of rolled my eyes at it being another chapter in the trainwreck that Emily's life has been since Richard entered it. I kinda burned out on following the crazy awhile ago.

Could the DUI be a rumor Richard was trying to put out there?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

@AnnaSofia, if the DUI is malicious rumor, I'll ask mods to take the post down. 

Richard Carmack isn't a stellar human. He did something (or cumulative somethings) that ended the marriage. However, they have some form custody for their daughter, so FF is dealing with him for many years. 

• Upvote 7

Arent DUIs and that kind of thing public records? When Jana had that misdemeanor all the info was easily found online. If this was true it should be easy to corroborate it.

• Upvote 11

I found her in the Utah County Inmate records. She’s been arrested twice this year. Once in January for DUI with BAC over .05 and an open container, for which she was in jail overnight. The other was in May for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, for which she was in jail for five days. I really hope the grandparents have the kids because she seems to be spiraling. 

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 13
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 18

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I found her in the Utah County Inmate records. She’s been arrested twice this year.

Thanks for this. I was getting ready to ask a Helpmeet to remove this post, thinking that the DUI might not be legit. 

Oh, please please please let her get her act together and get sober STAT.  She is a single mom with six children who absolutely need an incredibly stable home life. The oldest kids know the loss of their father, then bonded with a stepfather, then the stepfather/father (of the youngest child) leaves due to divorce. 

The oldest child becomes the overly responsible substitute parent in this environment, caregiver for the younger children. 

As noted upthread, there are siblings close by but I have no idea where her parents live.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 21

If the 5 kids from Martin end up with Martin’s parents, would the youngest have to go to her dad? That would be horrible if they were split up. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If the 5 kids from Martin end up with Martin’s parents...

I'm assuming she's still estranged from Martin's parents so not sure how that would work. The younger kids may have very little memory of their paternal grandparents. 

She has siblings nearby and it might make more sense for the kids to go to them, IF they have accommodations. Then they could be with their cousins. 

The thought of the youngest being separated from her siblings truly tears at my heart. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Oh FF! She really effed her life up after Martin died. I remember being shocked she and Martin ran off to Mexico for experimental treatment right after baby #5 was born. She should have been set for life. Was in no position to remarry so soon. Just terrible to "watch" thru social media!

Edited by QuittersTry
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, QuittersTry said:

Oh FF! She really effed her life up after Martin died. I remember being shocked she and Martin ran off to Mexico for experimental treatment right after baby #5 was born. She should have been set for life. Was in no position to remarry so soon. Just terrible to "watch" thru social media!

I totally get turning into a fucking mess after being widowed so young with 5 kids. Anyone would. The tragic part is that she had a lot of family support that would have been so good for her. But marrying Richard so soon and cutting off Martin’s family basically fucked her support system beyond repair. It seemed to spiral from there. I hope she can eventually repair the relationship with Martin’s parents because she needs outside support more than ever.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally get turning into a fucking mess after being widowed so young with 5 kids. Anyone would. The tragic part is that she had a lot of family support that would have been so good for her. But marrying Richard so soon and cutting off Martin’s family basically fucked her support system beyond repair. It seemed to spiral from there. I hope she can eventually repair the relationship with Martin’s parents because she needs outside support more than ever.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Martins parents try to sue her for custody again.

• Upvote 8

On 7/19/2022 at 8:39 AM, Howl said:

@AnnaSofia, if the DUI is malicious rumor, I'll ask mods to take the post down.

I apologize if I sounded judgemental about the thread, I was just legit stumped that I could find so little mention of the DUI elsewhere.

:worship:  @JanasTattooParlor

It looks like she has a hearing this Friday?

Screenshot.thumb.png.ced5a5f8dbfb2c0b7a8cc9bbe151c82e.png

• Upvote 6

Wow. What a sad update.

Had really hoped that her diminished posting on social media meant that things were going well for her & the kids.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Honestly, I wonder how much of this is what happens when you marry at 18 and have 5 under 5 at 24, let alone the widowed at 25 and immediately remarried part.

It's been awhile, but from what I remember, Emily's childhood/home life wasn't the best; she was one of 11 kids, and money was tight. I'm sure Martin, who was 10 years older and from a family that was better off financially, probably looked like the embodiment of whatever security she might have felt was lacking in her life. Add in Mormon social pressure, and she was locked in with 5 kids before she could blink.

I think a part of her is probably trying to live out the young adult years she never really got to have. If Martin were alive, he might have kept her more grounded, but I suspect it still would have bubbled to the surface at some point, though probably further down the road (maybe more of a midlife crisis).

And I know it will probably be an unpopular opinion, but if Martin had lived, I think he would have had a thing or two to answer for. He wasn't the POS Richard Carmack is (few are), but the power dynamic in his and Emily's marriage always seemed faintly predatory (wasn't she still 17 when Martin started pursuing her?). At some point, I think Emily would have woken up to it.

• Upvote 17

Looking at the “arrested persons” record, at 8:45pm on 01/04/2022 she was arrested for
DUI OF ALCOHOL W/BAC AT OR OVER .05
OPEN CONTAINER/DRINKING ALCOHOL IN A VEHICLE
FAILURE TO REGISTER OR EXPIRED VEHICLE REGISTRATION

But nothing about the kids being in the car - she would have been charged with child endangerment, if they had been there.

Then on 05/01/2022, arrested about 7:30pm for
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL/DRUGS

I’m going to go out on a limb and say 1. She’s a mess and that 2. Martin’s parents wouldn’t have much trouble getting custody.
(The list of offenses in that first arrest sort of tells a story, IMHO. Pulled over for tags, open container in the car, breathalyzer test. The second arrest doesn’t say the level of alcohol and adds the word “drugs” which makes me wonder.)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

On 7/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope she can eventually repair the relationship with Martin’s parents because she needs outside support more than ever.

And the grandparents need to know those grandkids! I don't know how they'd even find out about the DUIs, though. I think they live in Idaho. 

10 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I apologize if I sounded judgmental about the thread, I was just legit stumped that I could find so little mention of the DUI elsewhere.

On my, not at all.  I was just mortified that I might have posted a malicious rumor rather than actual events. 

The hearing information lists a date of birth 1991 = 31 years old, about the right age for Freckled Fox. 

• Upvote 5

Emily has never once on her blog intimated she drank, not anything ever. She and Martin, or then later Richard (DickBun) may have, but there was no indication, FF and Martin were pretty darn Mormon,

The drinking may be recent, started because of the stress of life with the DickBun, separation and divorce, and finally coming to terms with Martin's death (she remarried 86 days after Martin's death).  She is now truly raising 6 children by herself without any support. That's not an excuse to drink, but it might be a reason.

While Martin's parents probably have a good case for custody, I hope they will reach out to FF, ask her to move back to Idaho and have her and the children live with them/ very close by.

DickBun has admitted on his insta and other places he doesn't see his daughter --, something something, whine whine something too painful.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

DickBun has admitted on his insta and other places he doesn't see his daughter --, something something, whine whine something too painful.

Honestly, **** that guy.  Don't know if it's good or bad for the kid, though.  I'm going to go with good that she doesn't see him.  He's just the kind of guy who is so self centered, he could never be a reliable father.  I can see him as the kind of guy who would give sole custody and parental rights to FF to avoid paying child support.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Wow. I was really hoping that kicking dbun to the curb meant she had began to work on herself and grieve. I hope she gets her shit together, those kids deserve a present & stable parent. Although 2 arrests within 6 months doesn't exactly scream "stable". I imagine for most non-addicts a DUI with your kids in the car would scare you pretty dang straight. The fact that she continued to drink & drive makes me wonder just how bad things are. 

Also I'll bet $20 that retreat she went on was some quick fix "rehab"

• Upvote 11

After they separated, Richards post were very very creepy and concerning. I hate to hear this. 

• I Agree 3

This is all a bit sad.

When she married dbun I was appalled at her insensitivity towards her children and Martin's family. She came across selfish and immature. But as she started to justify all the abusive behaviour of dbun, I just started to feel sorry for her. Now it seems she is spiralling after a heck of couple of years. I hope she gets serious help. I know she put Martin's family through hell but I also hope they build new ties for the sake of the kids.

You always hope fundies see the light but it is also a bit sad watching them reap what they have sown. Especially when there are kids involved.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 7/25/2022 at 7:48 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Emily has never once on her blog intimated she drank, not anything ever. She and Martin, or then later Richard (DickBun) may have, but there was no indication, FF and Martin were pretty darn Mormon

I falut Martin for being in complete denial on how serious the cancer was, for not securing assets in a trust or with a lawyer or real estate agent, and for not showing his wife how to survive with out him. They/he continued posting old gym selfies of him for a long time... all the while he was ill, not working out, and traveling to mexico for experimental treatment. Life was all twee photo shoots, home renos, and babies. Its obvious to me she didn't even understand the social media/branding part of life either! Dick Bun easily swooped in... took over all her channels and tried to fill Martin's shoes... in a demented, creepy stalker way.

I can totally see Dick Bun controling her with booze. 

Edited by QuittersTry
syntax
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4