IGNORED

The Freckled Fox (Emily Meyers): DUI?

Howl

Lawyers fees add up. A relative dealt with this in the past -- two DUIs two years apart.

Lawyer fees, court costs, blow device in the car,  ankle monitoring bracelet, sobriety education -- she was out of pocket $20,000 to $30,000 dollars. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had forgot about the moniker "Dickbun". Bwahahahaha! He deserves it.

I had a boyfriend like him once. So glad that I didn't marry him, although there was certainly a fair amount of pressure. It has been a wild ride following FF, although I cannot check in too often because Dickbun really triggers me. Blech!

Thanks for the update, you guys! I second every single one of the speculation parts...

• Upvote 1

ManBun has been out of the picture for quite awhile. They are divorced and I don't think he bothers with visitation with his daughter.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Emily and Manbun on the docket for a case management hearing in October!
How much you want to bet Manbun is going to try to capitalize on Emily’s DUI stuff?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, bea said:

Emily and Manbun on the docket for a case management hearing in October!
How much you want to bet Manbun is going to try to capitalize on Emily’s DUI stuff?

I didn't have the impression he was interested in being much of a father figure to his daughter.  Alternately, Emily is trying to get child support? 

Whichever, please keep us updated! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 9/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, Howl said:

I didn't have the impression he was interested in being much of a father figure to his daughter.  Alternately, Emily is trying to get child support? 

Whichever, please keep us updated! 

DickBun is the type to try to use the courts to further control and harass 🙄

• Upvote 4

emily was talking about trigger warnings on IG today. I wonder if she'll share what their marriage was really like. although it's probably typical Emily where she claims she's going to talk about something and then goes silent for months. 

• Upvote 1

Are Emily Meyers and Dooce in a fight to death for the title "Most dysfunctional Mormon Mommy Blogger"?

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Are Emily Meyers and Dooce in a fight to death for the title "Most dysfunctional Mormon Mommy Blogger"?

Who is Dooce?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Who is Dooce?

Heather Armstrong. She was one of the Alpha Mommy Bloggers back in the heyday of mommy blogging. You might say she was the Valedictorian of Oversharing.  She now deletes every blog entry but her most recent one, and. . .never mind, you don't want to go there. This article about her is three years old and things have gotten worse since thenGOMI her if you must.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

@Black Aliss, Interesting and thanks for that link.  At least she didn't go through intense changes and pretend like nothing has changed.  I truly hope her writing helps women who are dealing with depression.  I'm stunned by the number of followers she had in the heyday. 

The article has an interesting timeline of how, when and why lifestyle blogging went into decline, to be replaced by influencers. 

• Upvote 4

@Howl and @Black Aliss After clicking through, I realized I actually followed Heather Armstrong's blog for a short while years ago, while blogging was still a big thing. Thanks for the link to the link for the article.  

• Upvote 3

Emily has a video up of some live streaming on Instagram.  It's mostly disjointed rambling with a bazillion pauses, but the main piece of information is that Emily and ManBun, two years after separating, are not yet formally divorced.  She notes that she thought for sure the divorce would be over and done by now but it's not, but she can't say anything else about it; it's just dragging on and on apparently. 

I finally tuned out - the lack of coherent commentary was annoying; she was getting ready to answer questions from some of her followers. I haven't seen any of her other live streams; I hope they were more organized and coherent than this. 

She also referenced not being able to sell a house in Twin Falls, ID.

Was Twin Falls where they lived when Martin was still alive and where Martin's parents live?

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 5

She’s in the middle of divorce/custody issues with a recent DUI and STILL taking to her Insta? Good lord, is no one advising her to not sound disjointed and rambling with recent DUI charges and natural questions about her safety/fitness to parent. Regardless of his. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

She’s in the middle of divorce/custody issues with a recent DUI and STILL taking to her Insta? Good lord, is no one advising her to not sound disjointed and rambling with recent DUI charges and natural questions about her safety/fitness to parent. Regardless of his. 

It probably would be best for her to just go quiet on social media. An occasional pretty picture maybe. But everything else should be paused for the time being.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It probably would be best for her to just go quiet on social media. An occasional pretty picture maybe. But everything else should be paused for the time being.

The attorneys usually beg and plead for this. She either doesn't have a good attorney or she's not listening.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I don't know that anyone is really fighting for those kids... hopefully Martin's family will try to get custody again...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's pretty much what she's done for these last however many months; just the very occasional post on Instagram (My cat's eating my potted plants! What should I do????). 

Just checked in on the Instagram post.  Based on comments, apparently she discussed mental health issues and is taking meds for whatever is going on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• 3 months later...