• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

image.thumb.png.91c0958fb28dbdd7bcb52b32919e390b.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

image.png.83a15443dcc1d3a4b013662187954a62.png

"One Trump, Two Trump, Coup Trump, Orange Trump"

On January 7, 2021, the day after the white nationalist attack on Congress while Trump was watching it all unfold on TV for 187 minutes, Trump attempted to record a video condemning his followers for the attack.

In the original script, Trump was supposed to say things like “heinous,” the attackers would “pay,” and the election was over. Trump couldn’t even say the word “yesterday.” He even attempted to call the terrorists “patriots.”

The January 6 committee has now released even more footage of Trump struggling with his speech, which his daughter, Ivanka, was attempting to direct.

The original script included tough talk ordering the Justice Department to “ensure all lawbreakers are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law” and stating the rioters “do not represent me.” But all those words were crossed out in the script, in Sharpie, which Ivanka confirmed was done by Trump during her testimony.

In one of the videos, he pounds his tiny fist on the podium saying, “I don’t want to say the election is over.” The podium survived.

John McEntree, Trump’s Director of White House personnel testified that Trump didn’t want to release any statement criticizing the rioters and he asked Jared Kushner to “nudge” Trump along to make sure he eventually did it.

Former  White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson said the scramble to get Trump to speak on the 7th was partly because of a “large concern” within the White House that some of his cabinet officials might try to invoke the constitutional process of the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

Of course, now Donald Trump is conducting hate rallies saying things like the terrorists are being treated “unfairly” and teasing pardons for all of them if he takes back the White House in 2024.

I wonder what the outtakes we haven’t seen are like:

Trump: I condemn this Heineken attack.
Ivanka: Not, “Heineken.” “Heinous.” “Heinous attack.”

Trump: I condemn this hyena attack.
Ivanka: No, not “hyena.” “Heinous.”

Trump: Damn Hee-Haw for this attack.
Ivanka. “Heinous!”

Trump: “Hoobastank.”
Ivanka: “Heinous!”

Trump: “Hemmohroid.”
Ivanka: “HEINOUS!!!!” For the love of god, Daddy, it’s “HEINOUS!”

Trump” Hemoglobin?
Ivanka: I swear, if Jared and I weren’t getting $2 billion from the Saudis after all this…

• Upvote 3

image.png.004709e747e2d1c465fb1dfaccea21bc.png

"Biden Covid"

This made me laugh along with my editors at CNN. I almost nearly drew it Friday morning for my newspaper clients, but then the Josh Hawley thing happened. Right as I was finishing my Hawley cartoon, my editor’s assistant at CNN emailed saying they wanted this one.

I was thinking about doing a cartoon for my clients on this issue, but quite frankly, I don’t think it’s much of an issue anymore. Biden seems to be recovering and it’s not like with Trump, who caught it after publicly defying CDC guidelines, downplaying the pandemic, and pushing bullshit medical advice like bleach and aquarium cleaner.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.a6e2aabcaac02c888e2d7cf4ef8e2fb1.png

I think she confused "should be" with "already are."

• Upvote 6

image.thumb.png.017d9f40e683eb217d455a55ed520507.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

image.thumb.png.5c047458dd9e222227a207ed0a7e5787.png

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

20220727_csotd1.JPG