IGNORED

Rep. Lauren Boebert - Colorado's Congressional Embarassment

47of74

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Every time she tries to sound smart, she only succeeds in looking like more of a moron.

Oh Lauren, using that same logic you're having delinquent Representatives who might occasionally show up at the Capitol building when they're not on vacations and they still sit around and do nothing. See I can do that too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 4:15 PM, Audrey2 said:

Oh Lauren, using that same logic you're having delinquent Representatives who might occasionally show up at the Capitol building when they're not on vacations and they still sit around and do nothing. See I can do that too.

Yeah work from home employees are monitored a lot more closely in terms of work than she is.

• Upvote 5

An AP article excerpt - Boebert has apparently switched to a more conservative congressional district.  

Spoiler

DENVER (AP) — Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert announced Wednesday she is switching congressional districts, avoiding a likely rematch against a Democrat who has far outraised her and after an embarrassing moment of groping and vaping that shook even loyal supporters. 

In a Facebook video Wednesday evening, Boebert announced she would enter the crowded Republican primary in retiring Rep. Ken Buck’s seat in the eastern side of the state, leaving the more competitive 3rd district seat she barely won last year and was in peril of losing next year as even some in her party have soured on her controversial demeanor.

Boebert called it “a fresh start,” acknowledging the rough year following a divorce with her husband and video of her misbehaving with a date at a performance of the musical “Beetlejuice” in Denver. She already faced a primary challenge in her district, as well as a general election face-off with Democrat Adam Frisch, who came within a few hundred votes of beating her in 2022.

Instead, if Boebert wins the primary to succeed Buck she will run in the state’s most conservative district, which former President Donald Trump won by about 20 percentage points in 2020, in contrast to his margin of about 8 percentage points in her district.

“It’s the right move for me personally, and it’s the right decision for those who support our conservative movement. This is the right move for Colorado, for us,” Boebert said in her video. “We have to protect our majority in the House, win the Senate and win the presidency.”  …. 

• Thank You 7

Just came across this. 

The 4th District is basically the eastern third of the state to the Kansas and Nebraska state lines.  It misses all of the cities on Colorado's Front Range: Fort Collins, Greeley, Denver and Aurora and is a ways from Pueblo.  It does pick up Loveland.  It is all farmland, plains, grassland.  

I don't know how this works since she has no residency there, but yes it does seem like she could win that district, unless the constituents snap to the fact that she didn't do squat for the 3rd District.  She was way too busy running around doing performative MAGAing and I think has zero understanding of the real needs of ranchers and farmers. 

There will be a LOT of people in the Republican primary who actually live in the 4th District.  New York Times:  "The other Republicans running in the primary to replace Mr. Buck include two former state senators, Ted Harvey and Jerry Sonnenberg; Richard Holtorf, a state representative; Trent Leisy, a Navy veteran and business owner; and Deborah Flora, a radio host." 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 8

Oh I'm sure she'll buy or rent a unit to claim residency.

I hope she comes stone dead last in the primary and if she decides to run anyway she splits the vote for an upset Democrat or other independent win.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It’s the right move for me personally, and it’s the right decision for those who support our conservative movement. This is the right move for Colorado, for us,” Boebert said in her video.

She couldn’t care less about Colorado. She’s only in it for herself. I’m guessing her long term goal is to become a Faux or Newsmax celebrity. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Lauren wants to be in a safer district than the third, which doesn't lean as far to the reich as the fourth does

Boebert won by just 546 votes last year in the 3rd District, which spans Colorado’s Western Slope into Pueblo and southeastern Colorado. The 4th District is anchored in Douglas County and includes Loveland and the state’s rural Eastern Plains. 

The 3rd District leans 9 percentage points in Republicans’ favor while the 4th District leans 27 points toward the GOP, according to a nonpartisan analysis of election results from 2016 to 2020 by staffers for the Colorado legislature. Boebert doesn’t have to live in the 4th District to represent it.

The bombshell news comes as Boebert’s reelection chances in the 3rd District look dim. 

8 hours ago, Howl said:

She was way too busy running around doing performative MAGAing and I think has zero understanding of the real needs of ranchers and farmers.

Too many ranchers and farmers just want someone in office who hates the same people they do.  If they did want someone in who cared about the needs of farmers and ranchers they'd vote for a democrat who would probably have a lot more understanding than Lauren, MTG, and other Branch Trumpvidian morons.

• Upvote 3

"Angertainment" is a perfect description of Boebert and her ilk.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My eyes hurt from rolling

Thanks for putting yourself at risk to keep us apprised of these dimwits. 😊 I really appreciate how much work you do on the politics forum.  Happy New Year!  

Edited by CTRLZero
Typo.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Thanks for putting yourself at risk to keep us apprised of these dimwits. 😊 I really appreciate how much work you do on the politics forum.  Happy New Year!  

Thank you. Happy New Year to you, too!  :occasion-partyblower:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

More fun from the family values party. 

• Thank You 6
  • Love 1

There's an active investigation now

On Saturday night, three years to the day after supporters of Donald Trump attacked the U.S. Capitol building, election objecting Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) is the subject of an active police investigation into an alleged physical altercation with her ex-husband, Jayson Boebert, at a restaurant in her district Saturday night.

The Silt Police Department confirmed an “active investigation” in a phone call Saturday night, but would not comment further. A Boebert aide told The Daily Beast that no one was arrested.

According to the aide, on Saturday, Jayson Boebert had called the police to the Miner’s Claim restaurant in Silt, claiming that he was a “victim of domestic violence.” The aide emphasized that Lauren Boebert denies any allegation of domestic violence on her part, and that the events as depicted in social media posts on Saturday were not accurate.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

image.png.ac1274f48d50ce9d30e094104e115685.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

I know this is a joke, but I could see it happening.

image.png.147ac0e712ed90e3b49733d93256f5e7.png

• Haha 10

What’s really sad is that the Bobos have children who are watching the two of them act like trashy fools. If they are this bad in public, I can’t imagine how horrible they are in private. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

Rick’s reaction is on point:

image.png.186f766fc3d8bb6c63fe4f45d50a0c74.png

• Haha 17

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

What’s really sad is that the Bobos have children who are watching the two of them act like trashy fools. If they are this bad in public, I can’t imagine how horrible they are in private. 

What's weird to me is, well, we've always known these type of people exist. Saw them growing up, they hit the news occasionally when it gets out of hand.

They aren't usually elected to positions of responsibility though and that is the most WTAF thing to me out of all of this. Presumably this wasn't something that suddenly emerged in the last two years, and yet people voted for her.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

image.png.d7c0e74e5182e425f5a81043cedbbe1f.png

• Eyeroll 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.d7c0e74e5182e425f5a81043cedbbe1f.png

Unless she has entirely redefined one or both of those terms (very possible), I gotta say that just knowing the difference between those two is fairly woke yourself, Bobo!

• Upvote 6