• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• WiseGirl

• ADoyle90815

image.png.a23ca3361c50a09a41228efc015dc411.png

"Monkey With Democracy"

Donald Trump sent thugs and goons to harass, intimidate, and terrorize election officials and election workers in his attempt to overturn an election he lost.

The January 6 attack on the Capitol was the culmination of months of lying about the election. Trump and other officials were lying and gaslighting about election fraud even before the election. Even Trump’s Attorney General, William Barr who testified that he thought Trump’s election fraud claims were “bullshit,” was on the front lines before the election talking about massive election fraud and interference on behalf of Joe Biden from China and Iran. He downplayed interference from Russia. You could not have had the attack on January 6 without the lies preceding it.

We know Donald Trump lied about the election. His claims of election fraud have been debunked. He lost over 60 court cases in his attempts to overturn the election. There were recounts and none of them changed the outcome. There was even a recount in Arizona by a pro-Trump organization that took nearly two months to complete and it still didn’t change the outcome. Trump lost.

There were no bamboo ballots from China. There were no Italian satellites interfering with voting machines. There was no massive ballot dump. There were no briefcases of ballots. There was no switching votes from Trump to Biden by Dominion voting machines. There was no interference from Hillary Clinton, George Soros, or the late Hugo Chavez. What happened in the 2020 election was that Joe Biden won and Donald Trump lost. Then, Donald Trump became the first president (sic) to refuse a peaceful transfer of power.

Donald Trump should be in prison, not weighing a decision on running for president again.

We know Donald Trump called election officials and intimidated them to break the law for him. He called Georgia’s Secretary of State, Brad Raffensberger, and told him to “find the votes.” He told him what he was doing was “probably more illegal” than what the pretend election fraudsters did. Trump told Raffensberg, “You can’t let that happen, that’s a big risk to you. All of this stuff is very dangerous.”

The president (sic) of the United States was making threats of legal charges and imprisonment to an election official to change the outcome of an election. Donald Trump was demanding votes that did not exist. Raffensberger told the January 6 Committee yesterday, “What I knew is that we didn’t have any votes to find.” Did I mention Raffensberger is a Republican?

For his honesty and loyalty to his country, Raffensberger was harassed by Trump goons. His wife received threats, many “sexual,” and his daughter-in-law, who is a widow, was also threatened.

Rusty Bowers, a Republican who’s the Speaker of the Arizona House, said Trump and Rudy Giuliani called him. They told him to install fake electors and let the courts work it out later. For his loyalty to democracy and the oath he took, Bowers got angry MAGA crowds in front of his home. Before the hearings started, Trump issued a press release stating Bowers told him he won Arizona. Bowers testified he never told Trump any such thing.

Bowers wrote in his diary, “I do not want to be a winner by cheating. I will not play with laws I swore allegiance to.”

Raffensberger and Bowers are partisan Republicans. They voted for Trump. Despite that, they did their jobs correctly and were threatened, harassed, and intimidated for it.

Wandrea “Shaye” Moss and her mother, Ruby Freeman, are not partisans. They are poll workers. They are volunteers. Patriots work polls. They devote their time to a very difficult task in order to serve their nation. We should celebrate poll workers, not harass them. Donald Trump publicly attacked Moss least 18 times.

Ruby Freeman said, “”There is nowhere I feel safe. Nowhere. Do you know how it feels to have the President of the United States target you?” Moss said after receiving racist threats that were instigaged by Trump’s attacks, that she doesn’t want to go out in public anymore. She said, “I don’t want anyone knowing my name. … It’s affected my life in a major way, in every way — all because of lies.”

Moss said she once delighted in helping others vote, a right once denied to Black Americans like her grandmother, and now she doesn’t even want to go outside. She may not ever help people to vote ever again because of Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani kept calling one state election official even after the official told him to stop.

Giuliani had accused her mother, “Lady Ruby,” of passing some kind of USB drive to her as part of an elaborate vote-stealing scheme. In reality, the object in question was a ginger mint, she said. Rudy has probably been drunk enough to put Jr. Mints into soda machines.

Moss said, “I felt horrible, I felt like it was all my fault. I just felt like it was, it was my fault for putting my family in this situation.” She said she received threats “wishing death upon me, telling me that you know, I’ll be in jail with my mother and saying things like — ‘be glad it’s 2020 and not 1920.'”

This is some vile shit from Trump, Guiliani, and the rest of his goons. This is what Fox News doesn’t want you to hear. Yes, Trump supporters are racist.

Donald Trump has a long history of destroying lives. He has a history of sending his goons after people. During his 2016 campaign for the White House, he told his rallygoers to go ahead and physically assault protesters. He promised to pay for their legal defenses. There were assaults but no payments from Trump for their legal defenses.

Donald Trump doesn’t care about the threats against Bowers, Raffensberger, Moss, and Freeman. He doesn’t care about the threats to their families. According to reports, he was giddy over the prospect of the Jan. 6 terrorists hanging his own vice-president. Donald Trump hasn’t expressed any remorse over the white nationalist terrorist attack on our nation’s Capitol.

Donald Trump will destroy anyone and anything to be in power. He’s worse than mobsters and fascist dictators, which is what he wants to be. Yet, millions still support this man. This is why he has to be charged and tried for his crimes. They say we barely escaped our democracy being destroyed on January 6, but we haven’t escaped yet. Even Republicans who say Biden won are using the election fraud lies to change election laws. MAGAts who would overturn an election for Trump and Republicans are running for state offices. Not all Republican election officials will be like Brad Raffensberger and Rusty Bowers. Not all poll workers will be like Shaye Moss and Lady Ruby.

At the end of yesterday’s hearing, Adam Schiff said, “That we have lived in a democracy for more than 200 years does not mean we shall do so tomorrow.”

• Upvote 5

20220623_ohman2.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

image.png.4e9e347e6dff77474e0b3d0888c0ccf2.png

"RINO Hunting Season"

The only thing Republicans hate more than Democrats, and we know it’s not white nationalist racist fascist terrorists, are RINOs.

A RINO is a Republican In Name Only. These are Republicans that other Republicans claim are too liberal. Most of the time, a RINO is just moderate or less extreme than his or her fellow Republicans.

Now, keep in mind that Republicans love to accuse the Democratic Party of not having a diversity of ideas, and they often call liberals “extreme leftists.” But the lack of diversity and the extreme in politics are all on the right.

Just one look at the Texas GOP’s platform crafted over the weekend shows you just how extreme Republicans are. And at the Houston convention where the platform was written and voted on, Republicans physically attacked another Republican for being a “RINO.” Texas Republicans attacked one of their own congressmen, Dan Crenshaw, and called him “Eyepatch McCain,” a reference to the late senator John McCain.

It takes an extreme Republican to believe comparing someone to John McCain is an insult and that making fun of someone for losing an eye while fighting for his nation is humorous.

But Dan Crenshaw is NOT a RINO. Either is Texas Senator John Cornyn, who they booed at the convention for working with Democrats on an extremely weak gun reform bill.

Other Republicans who are considered RINOs are Senators Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, and Susan Collins. Maryland Governor Larry Hogan is a RINO. And, members of the House of Representatives, Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney are often called RINOs. But it’s not always moderate positions in politics that can get one labeled as a RINO.

Liz Cheney is not a RINO because she’s a moderate. She is a hard-right conservative who voted more with Donald Trump than Trump’s butt poodle Matt Gaetz. Cheney is called a RINO because she voted to impeach Trump, criticized Trump’s involvement with the January 6 attack to overturn an election he lost, and for sitting on the committee investigating Trump’s coup attempt.

Now, it’s not just about where you stand on giving billionaires tax cuts, tariffs, nuclear deals with Iran, support of Israel, abortion, guns, and out-of-control defense spending. It depends on where you stand on Trump. If you’re not sufficiently MAGA enough, then you’re a RINO and an enemy of the Republican Party which has now become more of a cult than an actual political party.

Liz Cheney is a far-right religious conservative (she is to the right of her father on gay marriage despite having a gay sister). She just also believes in democracy over fascism.

Now, former Missouri Governor and current Senate candidate Eric Greitens is running a political ad where he storms into a home with a SWAT team hunting RINOs.

“Join the MAGA crew,” Greitens, a former Navy SEAL, declares in the ad while toting a shotgun. “Get a RINO hunting permit. There’s no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn’t expire until we save our country.” Save our country from whom, the people fighting to save our country from fascism?

Greitens was ousted from the governorship and there are new accusations of blackmail, sexual misconduct, and child abuse. When that happens to a Republican candidate, they shift the focus to someone else, like RINOs. Maybe if we talk about RINOs then no one will want to talk about the accusations that Greitens committed spousal and child abuse to the point, that he loosened one of his children’s teeth.

Greitens mentions MAGA in his ad but he hasn’t won Trump’s endorsement yet, but he has appointed Donald Trump Jr’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, as national chair of his campaign, not because of her political savviness, but because she’s Donald Trump Jr’s girlfriend.

Guilfoyle has accused everyone calling for Greitens to step down of being RINOs, including Mitch McConnell. If Guilfoyle’s presence on the campaign doesn’t earn Greitens Trump’s endorsement, maybe at the very least it’ll keep him from criticizing the Greitens campaign.

Greitens’ ad is an endorsement of violence during a time of violence. Gun violence is out of control while Democrats and moderate Republicans are receiving death threats and Nazis are trying to attack Pride parades in Idaho. Kinzinger tweeted a letter from someone threatening to murder his family, including his newborn.

And because Republicans gaslight, they’re making demands for the Justice Department to go after Antifa and Jane’s Revenge. If you haven’t heard of Jane’s Revenge yet, you will.

Republicans promote violence and now they’re taking aim at their own members because they can’t tolerate diversity of opinions…or anyone who’s not MAGA enough. The GOP is the MAGA Party.

I predict before long, we’re going to see more political violence from the people who brought us the January 6 coup attempt.

• Thank You 6

Giuliani had accused her mother, “Lady Ruby,” of passing some kind of USB drive to her as part of an elaborate vote-stealing scheme. In reality, the object in question was a ginger mint, she said. Rudy has probably been drunk enough to put Jr. Mints into soda machines

Bolding mine.

Everything I have seen discussing or mocking Giuliani has given him credit (as it were) for saying USB drives or devices.

He is so idiotic (and/or was so drunk) in those videos, I'm pretty sure he actually kept saying they passed  "USB ports."

Ah, Rudy - doesn't know the male from the female.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

image.thumb.png.bae74c28e91364267a9cca8fd985614c.png

• Upvote 12

Some good stuff here - funny, sometimes painful, and cleverly educating anyone in the audience who wasn't already aware of what had been said in the hearings:

Spoiler

Edited by thoughtful
adding secondm, short video re pardon requests
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

20220624_twit1.JPG

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 2

20220624_red1.JPG

20220624_red2.JPG

Edited by GreyhoundFan