IGNORED

Jeremiah & Hannah 2: Flight Instructor Jeremiah Married Hannah Wissman: Exclusive to US!

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Maybe they could have a boy named Branson if he’s conceived on a getaway to Silver Dollar City.

And the Wissmans used to perform in Branson!! 

How about Brine? or simply Brie? 

or Bronx?  (since "Brooklyn" is so popular)

I went to college with multiple guys named Brock.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Brynley and Brielle...that's a choice. 

Especially because it is Brynley Noelle 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Sounds like the Redmond family on the "Real Housewives of Dallas"

Wife:  Brandi

Husband: Brian

Daughters: Brooklyn, Brinkley, Brilynn

Son: Bruin

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4

I know it’s too early in most of their marriages to get a clear picture - but it seems that the Duggar guys  (with the probable?  exception of JD, and Justin)  have more enthusiastically latched on to the Quiverfull mindset than their sisters, all of whom have shared that they purposefully plan/space their offspring.  I think they’ve mostly married hard-core fundamentalist girls? Primarily older daughters in large but not gigantic families? Or are they younger daughters, smallish families? A mix? I know none of the married daughters husbands come from mega families - Ben’s is the largest, but “only” 7, and he and Jessa have the most kids.  It will be interesting to see if the boy twins keep going with the baby a year pace, and if the younger boys follow that path when they marry.  Such fascinating dynamics when it’s such a huge sibling group. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I know it’s too early in most of their marriages to get a clear picture - but it seems that the Duggar guys  (with the probable?  exception of JD, and Justin)  have more enthusiastically latched on to the Quiverfull mindset than their sisters, all of whom have shared that they purposefully plan/space their offspring. 

Probably because it's much easier to be a Quiverfull man than woman. The women do the bulk of the work with the children. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

Family dynamics and responsibility levels change drastically as a family adds more and more children. None of the in-law families have mega numbers of children, so none of those spouses have any idea of what adding child after child means to other family members. Sure, Kendra or Ben might have claimed to be “all in” and “open to all the offspring” that God provides, but they literally have no idea of what that even means. All the best intentions in the world cannot change the fact that the day is only 24 hours…even with more hands. The part that I could never reason through logically is that The Duggars (and Bates) always claimed to love children so much and spoke about what a blessing they are, but wouldn’t you want to cherish and care for those blessings in the best way possible? With increasing numbers, children become just that, and there isn’t any additional time in the day to properly guide, nurture, teach…it seems that is actually shortchanging those children.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I vote for Bris. 😉

Bris for a boy, Brisley or Brisleigh for a girl. 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Bris for a boy, Brisley or Brisleigh for a girl. 🤣

Needs more Kreativ spelling. Brizly and Brislee

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Brisley, Brisleigh, Brizly, or Brislee. However we spell it, it still sounds like how my legs feel when I haven't shaved in awhile. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I know it’s too early in most of their marriages to get a clear picture - but it seems that the Duggar guys  (with the probable?  exception of JD, and Justin)  have more enthusiastically latched on to the Quiverfull mindset than their sisters, all of whom have shared that they purposefully plan/space their offspring.  I think they’ve mostly married hard-core fundamentalist girls? Primarily older daughters in large but not gigantic families? Or are they younger daughters, smallish families? A mix? I know none of the married daughters husbands come from mega families - Ben’s is the largest, but “only” 7, and he and Jessa have the most kids.  It will be interesting to see if the boy twins keep going with the baby a year pace, and if the younger boys follow that path when they marry.  Such fascinating dynamics when it’s such a huge sibling group. 

It makes sense to me. The older Duggar daughters have seen what a toll it takes on a family to have so many children. They may not want to parentify their daughters the way they were. Their husbands are not sex-driven psychopaths the way JB is, or don’t want to create their own cult within a cult like he wanted to do. Plus the daughters are a younger generation and can get a whole lot of information and influence from the internet and don’t have to blindly follow their father’s guidelines on how to live their lives.

Now the Duggar brothers, they saw JB looking like he had a good thing going there. Marry a woman who joyfully puts out anytime, and who will take care of the kids, while as a husband and father, they are idolized and revered and delegate any mudane work to those in the household who are lesser. JB will pad their bank accounts for their fruitful re-creation. It may even be in a contract that each new kid gains the parents some financial bounty and maybe that’s why they’re poppin’ ‘em out like tshirt cannons. 

It’ll be interesting to see how it continues to unfold. Will Jer and Jed keep reproducing like rabbits, or will their wives put the brakes on after four or five quick pregnancies? Will Lauren and Kendra stop at seven or eight or keep going till menopause?

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

None of the sons in law come from huge families, do they? Ben is probably from the largest and he, and the others, are happy to ride the Duggar gravy train but not hung up about having tons of kids.

The daughters spent their lives looking after children and clearing up after their brothers, they have financial influence as their fame and SM profits provide the lifestyle, so not surprising they are happy to keep a limit on the number of children.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don't know that I'd say the Duggar boys are more quiverfull than the girls. It's the pace of the births, the tiny age gaps between pregnancies that might make it appear that way, but that's biology not beliefs. Michelle was an outlier - no matter how passionately someone adheres to quiverfull beliefs, odds are their bodies are not going to birth at the rate she did (& there were 2 sets of twins in there too). It also seems that most of the next gen are breastfeeding for longer (Michelle deliberately stopped after 6 months) which may naturally space their babies even if they are all-in on their quiverfull beliefs. Kendra is the fastest birther, but that's pretty much the only difference between her and Jessa, who is up to baby #5 in almost 10 years of marriage with no indication that she plans to stop. Anna kept the same pace, and she's definitely drunk the kool-aid. 

We know Jill openly rejected quiverfull BUT we also know she had the first two in as close succession as her body would allow post c-section, and she and Derick seemed all-in early on. The twins and their wives could just as easily go the same way in future. Jinger rejected quiverfull from the get-go, but it seems like Justin & Claire have too (either that, or there are fertility issues they don't wish to share). And who knows what the deal is with JD and Abbey, that might be natural spacing or they might be stopping at 2, there's really no way of telling if they're more like Jinger or Jessa.

Anyway, I came in to say that so far Jer and Hannah's taste in names is the furthest from mine (i.e. they picked the "worst" names in my entirely subjective and unimportant opinion). Spurgeon is bad, obviously, but I like the rest of Jessa's kids' names. It will be interesting to see what they choose for #3 and if they have indeed settled on an awful theme or if it's just coincidence that both the names they liked are similar.

• Upvote 10

On 2/27/2024 at 5:55 AM, Kiki03910 said:

I vote for Bris. 😉

How about Broke? As in, we have too many kids and are flat out broke. 

• Haha 16

2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

How about Broke? As in, we have too many kids and are flat out broke. 

GENIUS.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:11 PM, RebeccaRay said:

Brooklyn is out of the options since there's a Brooklyn Praise

that's optimistic!

I think with two Evys already in the cousin mix, and given that Joy already has/had a family dog named Brielle, all bets are off re Brooklyn. I think in future there will be more Duggar cousins sharing names. It might depend on how close the particular siblings are.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

that's optimistic!

I think with two Evys already in the cousin mix, and given that Joy already has/had a family dog named Brielle, all bets are off re Brooklyn. I think in future there will be more Duggar cousins sharing names. It might depend on how close the particular siblings are.

Except those 2 evys literally have different names. Evelyn and Evangeline. Brielle was just a dog. Brooklyn there isn't much of a change even if you change the spelling because it's still Brooklyn

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

that's optimistic!

One is Evy (short e for Evelyn)

The other is Evie (long e for Evangeline)

• Upvote 2

No, they are pronounced the same. Evvy. Jinger and Jeremy clarified when they still had the TV show that they were pronouncing Evangeline Ev-AN-juh-line but she'd be called Evy.

I don't think it really matters that the girls have different longer names, Jinger and Joy were pregnant at the same time and both decided to go for Evy, so either agreed between themselves or didn't check. I don't think that'll be the last time that happens tbh, with 19 kids procreating.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

No, they are pronounced the same. Evvy. Jinger and Jeremy clarified when they still had the TV show that they were pronouncing Evangeline Ev-AN-juh-line but she'd be called Evy.

I don't think it really matters that the girls have different longer names, Jinger and Joy were pregnant at the same time and both decided to go for Evy, so either agreed between themselves or didn't check. I don't think that'll be the last time that happens tbh, with 19 kids procreating.

I doubt the family that spawned Johannah and Joy Anna really care either way anyway...

Edited by Meggo
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

On 2/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, viii said:

Probably because it's much easier to be a Quiverfull man than woman. The women do the bulk of the work with the children. 

The wife that married into Plath family (I can't remember her name) nailed it in the final scene when describing why she wouldn't go back to the lifestyle she grew up in.  I loved that clip. 

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

The wife that married into Plath family (I can't remember her name) nailed it in the final scene when describing why she wouldn't go back to the lifestyle she grew up in.  I loved that clip. 

Olivia. I think Ethan just wants the easy life of his childhood. He doesn't realize it was gone forever when they got a TV show and his Mom realized she didn't believe a thing she spouted all those years.  She also was just looking for innocent and easy. Same with Barry. Unfortunately, even the simple life isn't so simple. I'm not her biggest fan, but Olivia was right. 

"The faith and the world that I grew up in was a world built for men, that worked for men. And to tell me that I need to go back to a culture and a faith and a belief that told me that I was worth nothing without a husband, that in a relationship I just need to submit and say yes and cook three meals a day and praise God and it would all be fine. I don't think you understand the privilege you have to look at me and tell me I need to go back to that because it served you."

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 9

28 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Olivia. I think Ethan just wants the easy life of his childhood. He doesn't realize it was gone forever when they got a TV show and his Mom realized she didn't believe a thing she spouted all those years.  She also was just looking for innocent and easy. Same with Barry. Unfortunately, even the simple life isn't so simple. I'm not her biggest fan, but Olivia was right. 

"The faith and the world that I grew up in was a world built for men, that worked for men. And to tell me that I need to go back to a culture and a faith and a belief that told me that I was worth nothing without a husband, that in a relationship I just need to submit and say yes and cook three meals a day and praise God and it would all be fine. I don't think you understand the privilege you have to look at me and tell me I need to go back to that because it served you."

Thank you.  I remember watching it and thinking "damn she just said it all in 30 seconds about why it sucks for her and not him."

• Upvote 6

On 2/26/2024 at 3:36 PM, HereticHick said:

And the Wissmans used to perform in Branson!! 

How about Brine? or simply Brie? 

or Bronx?  (since "Brooklyn" is so popular)

I went to college with multiple guys named Brock.

Brock makes me think of Brock Turner; I hope they don’t pick that one.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:11 AM, Mama Mia said:

Technically Jessa and Ben have the second most, Josh and Anna have the most.

• Upvote 5