IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 48: "Happy New Year to You [,Josh]... In Jail!"

HerNameIsBuffy

On 12/29/2021 at 8:36 AM, Beermeet said:

Zee, I am glad you are sober and helping others now.  Especially fellow Native women.  You all need all the help you can get.  You got the full Native treatment in Colorado.  I'm sorry you were treated that way.  I've been educating myself on Native/ First Nation people's continued struggles and how law enforcement treats them. Well, just like they were created for in the first place. To keep you all down ( and ADOS).   If anyone is interested in how our governments really works and why we feel like they don't care, start reading up on that subject!   It's beyond evil.  It's still happening. 

Mahalo for this! Sorry I just saw it now but I appreciate your kind words. Where I was the majority of those in jail were Latine (the county is about half Latine/Mexican) or Native even though in that county we weren't a high population but it was close enough to the Four Corners that a lot of Diné (Navajo) Hopi and Pueblo tribal members would work seasonally. I saw how badly I was attacked when a white girl pled guilty to trying to kill her boyfriend with a table leg and was done and out of the system years before me and she smiled in her damn mug shot and only had one tiny paragraph in the back of the local paper while I was hung out to dry. A bunch of white guys, rich kids who come to ski, ran a HUGE drug trafficking thing got busted and were in the paper once, no mug shots and thats the last I heard of it. The county used to have like 5k year round residents now its prob 20k but still not huge. CPS is even worse with their discrimination which is partially why I gave up custody of my son eventually voluntarily to his grandparents who are good people and work with me. That and to keep him away from his dad, a white guy who used to break my arms and best me up and was a violent alcoholic who flipped cars on the interstate and drives around drunk with his daughter he knocked up another girl months after walking out 2 days before our wedding. He also has a huge collection of semi automatic weapons he used to point at me and wouldn't lock up or even keep unloaded. He doesn't have a single charge on his record even though I've called CPS on him. 

Not trying to mitigate my own responsibility. I made bad choices and I was an addict. I just wish If been given a chance at treatment especially when I didn't even get diagnosed for my Bipolar 1 with psychotic mania that has wound me up in psych wards and started when I was young which had a lot to do with why I got into drugs in the first place for self medicating. Our indigenous communities on the Mainland and here in Hawai'i have huge problems with lack of resources and undiagnosed mental health problems which lead to addiction problems. But the reality of how we're treated by the system and how other non BIPOC are is striking. I have a white mother and it doesn't make a difference. 

But thank you again, I really hope more Native mental health and addiction professionals can start working in our communities because it seems to have a much higher rate of success than when we're treated by non Natives. I think there's cultural understanding and we see the values of our culture that can be used for good and not judge our values as negative. Its an honor I have the opportunity to help give back to my community. 🌞

• Love 21

This instagrammer has some really good stories right now about Duggars and IBLP. Her current series is about what normal parenting practices (or what we would all consider normal) fundie mothers opt out of in order to have large families. She’s also been talking about the origin of Michelle’s baby voice and is hosting a trauma discussion with sibling parents - her latest q and a drew a lot do responses. It’s all really interesting and touches in a lot of what we discuss here, and I’m very curious about her forthcoming book. Anyway, regarding sex Ed and masturbation she posted this today. As with so many things, I hunk even those of us who have become incidental experts on this cult really can’t grasp how horrible it all was.

35C43A27-47EB-46DD-93E8-86380352DB9D.png

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 16

Finally listened to Hunting Warhead this week. Thanks all who recommended, it’s fascinating and horrible and gave a lot of insight into what Josh was doing and how the network works. There was a lot that stood out to me thinking about it in relation to Josh Duggar Child Abuser and I do think Josh is a preferential pedophile whose lack of interest in Anna would be the same if he weren’t fundie. And also that not a word these men say can be trusted. The criminal at the centre of the podcast claimed to “love” the girl he was abusing and that it was consensual, but then you find out he was laughing at his trial, he ran a “producers only” website, and was involved on the tech side of helping the monster who made the stuff Josh watched. It’s fucking disgusting that non-violent drug charges carry sentences twice as high as what these men who share and encourage child abuse get.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

Anna has no boundaries. She doesn’t know what boundaries are. Any time she thinks she should take a stand for herself, one, nineteen, hundreds of fundies are telling her, “You are selfish. You must die to self. You must sacrifice for Jesus. This is not about you.” You want the wedding how you want it? Nope. You want your husband to be faithful to you? Nope. You’re tired of constant public humiliation due to your husband’s sins and transgressions? Get over it. Jesus has called you toa higher purpose, girl!

Anna as a sheltered daughter married into Duggardom and was never able to develop into a full person. Like the Carly Simon song, she thought she and Josh were gonna soar like two birds thru the clouds, but he caged her on his shelf and she never learned to be just Anna first, by herself. You know. Because God don’t allow it.

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, zee_four said:

If I remember right uts usually 10 per count and you only get sentenced on one, but 15 instead of 10 is not unconstitutional and you can and often do get the max if you dont take a plea, because the people who do often still deny their guilt and have no remorse. 

The judge will do what he usually does. I looked him up a little while back and he tends to sentence  6 - 7 years for those in a similar boat as Josh who plead guilty. Josh has not pled guilty, which means as of now, he has not taken responsibility for his actions. If he does decide to admit his guilt, he'll be taking responsibility and could end up with the judge's "typical" 6 -7.  The judge should not "punish" him for taking the case to trial and give him extra time, as going to trial was 100% Josh's right, but he won't cut him slack if he doesn't admit his guilt. So maybe 8 - 9 instead.

The one variable I'm not sure about are the molestations and whether this can be used to increase his sentence. He wasn't charged or convicted of these crimes and he was a minor. I know they were used to impeach his good character claims at trial, but I don't know if the judge will consider them in sentencing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

In the UK you’d get longer if you take it through court if found guilty 

if he pled guilty at the start he’d of got a third off what the judge deemed appropriate. 

Edited by Dollypolly
  • Thank You 6

2 minutes ago, Dollypolly said:

if he pled guilty at the start he’d of got a third off what the judge deemed appropriate. 

That's horrifying! I know nothing about UK law (it's its own animal) but that is truly scary. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Dollypolly said:

I wonder if this results more innocent people pleading guilty to avoid much worse sentences.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I wonder if this results more innocent people pleading guilty to avoid much worse sentences.

Their lawyers do say to plead guilty for less time. Some won’t,  some do. It isn’t a good system at all. It’s broken as  we have more and more private jails popping up not govern by the government but fined by them and corners are cut or they outright lie on reports to not be fined as they are heavy. 

Edited by Dollypolly
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

The thing is also you don’t do a full sentence either 

so if you get 6years 

you'll do 3years of it but will on licence for the rest and have to report to a parole officer weekly. 

this increases the longer the sentence and certain crimes. 

so say Josh got 10 he’d do two thirds because of the crime he did so because it federal and US he won’t get anything off for good behaviour. 

Edited by Dollypolly
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Dollypolly said:

The thing is also you don’t do a full sentence either 

so if you get 6years 

you'll do 3years of it but will on licence for the rest and have to report to a parole officer weekly. 

this increases the longer the sentence and certain crimes. 

so say Josh got 10 he’d do two thirds because of the crime he did so because it federal and US he won’t get anything off for good behaviour. 

I thought federal crimes meant 95% of the sentence is served?

1 minute ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m UK and this is what happens in sentencing 

I also meant Josh won’t get the same seeing as it’s federal and US not UK

missing words there. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

This instagrammer has some really good stories right now about Duggars and IBLP. Her current series is about what normal parenting practices (or what we would all consider normal) fundie mothers opt out of in order to have large families. She’s also been talking about the origin of Michelle’s baby voice and is hosting a trauma discussion with sibling parents - her latest q and a drew a lot do responses. It’s all really interesting and touches in a lot of what we discuss here, and I’m very curious about her forthcoming book. Anyway, regarding sex Ed and masturbation she posted this today. As with so many things, I hunk even those of us who have become incidental experts on this cult really can’t grasp how horrible it all was.

35C43A27-47EB-46DD-93E8-86380352DB9D.png

Wow, I just spent almost an hour on her IG page, super fascinating content.  I’m following her now, seems like she has some more interesting posts planned.

Thanks for referencing her - more fundie (or in this case ex-Fundie) stuff to follow.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

All the time in the US. Its often because the US overcharges people just to save money and avoid trials. My case was a perfect example. They never even found drugs on me, I shared a $20 bag with a good friend. He paid $10 and so did I but he couldn't come with me. Yet I was charged with not only a class 3 felony distribution of a schedule 1 which means drug dealing but also a class 4 felony criminally negligent homicide AND class 5 felony manslaughter. Yeah killing someone not on purpose is a lower charge than non violent drug crimes. I wasn't with my friend when he used or when he passed away though I wish I was because I would have slapped him and took his stuff when I knew what all he was on or at least called 911 immediately and hopefully would have saved his life I mean that 100%. His COD officially was multiple drug intoxication (7 substances including alcohol in his system I loved my friend but he was being so so stupid) due to long term drug abuse but the press kept printing he ODed on "lethal" heroin because he had such little on his system because it was part of the big press release statewide before they even came to me pretending to be there about a violent attack and rape which they never bothered investigating.

Those are 3 huge felonies for a Head Start special needs preschool teacher with untreated mental health issues and a clean record, and they actually refused to plead me out at all until right before the trial a year and a half later when I'd been so smeared over the news and exhausted every last penny of mine and had a son whose dad walked out on us because everyone in town convinced him he'd never keep a job, be allowed around kids to coach football etc. because of me. He wasnt the brightest bulb and within 3 months he got another girl pregnant and married her. With half a brain cell each they're perfect for each other buuuut that's a different story haha.

But yeah especially BIPOC who we are often found guilty when we're innocent. And when you have a public defender who often doesn't even get your name right and mixes up files even in tiny rural areas like where I lived because they have so few employed and pay them so little. So yeah you take the plea even though you're innocent. Its standard in the US. 

4 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That's one of the pros of the feds, at least in Josh's case, they no longer offer parole so he will. In a state facility he'd probably be released way early, drug crimes have MMS and his crime is considered "non violent" disgustingly enough. 

Edited by zee_four
Typos
  • Sad 1

Hi y'all! Happy New Year. Hopefully the start of many, many years with at least one Duggar in prison.

I had COVID all the way through Christmas and New Years and it was NOT FUN. 0/10 do not recommend, tried returning for a refund but customer service was not answering. Ended up in the ER on Boxing Day, despite being vaxxed and boosted. I don't know what variant I had, although a doctor I saw in the ER said my symptoms sounded more like Delta than Omicron, it was just a guess. Stay safe, everyone, please! Hospitals were overrun. Mr. Blossom was basically told to stay out of my room in the hospital while I was there unless he wanted to catch it too (he risked it despite my protests, thankfully did not get sick), doctors and nurses were telling me that they all know it's a matter of time until they get it because so many people are coming in every day.

I opened up FJ a few days ago to catch up, saw someone bring up BBQ tuna, and decided that my stomach wasn't adequately prepped to go through that discussion just yet. But I'm back now!

Edited by OrchidBlossom
clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 34

On 12/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, Howl said:

Then you'll be super duper shocked that Texas still allows  corporal punishment, including in charter schools.   I'm assuming the parent has to approve, but it's pretty damned medieval.  

From Stopping Harmful Corporal Punishment Policies in Texas

Texas is one of only 19 states in the United States that still allows corporal punishment in schools (including charter schools). In Texas, corporal punishment is the "deliberate infliction of physical pain by hitting, paddling, spanking, slapping or any other physical force used as a means of discipline” (TEC, Sec.Jun 11, 2021)

I'm not that shocked by this, but I will say if anyone had ever laid a hand on me as a child, let alone a teacher, I can almost guarantee it would be the last time they had functioning hands. They only question mark is honestly who would get there first, my mother or my father.

I shouldn't have to feel overwhelmingly grateful to have grown up with parents who didn't hit me, and who told me that no one was allowed to touch me without my consent for any reason. But the sad fact is, I do feel grateful for that, knowing it's the minority for my age group (early millennials). I'm so glad that it is becoming less socially acceptable.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Hi y'all! Happy New Year. Hopefully the start of many, many years with at least one Duggar in prison.

I had COVID all the way through Christmas and New Years and it was NOT FUN. 0/10 do not recommend, tried returning for a refund but customer service was not answering. Ended up in the ER on Boxing Day, despite being vaxxed and boosted. I don't know what variant I had, although a doctor I saw in the ER said my symptoms sounded more like Delta than Omicron, it was just a guess. Stay safe, everyone, please! Hospitals were overrun. Mr. Blossom was basically told to stay out of my room in the hospital while I was there unless he wanted to catch it too (he risked it despite my protests, thankfully did not get sick), doctors and nurses were telling me that they all know it's a matter of time until they get it because so many people are coming in every day.

I opened up FJ a few days ago to catch up, saw someone bring up BBQ tuna, and decided that my stomach wasn't adequately prepped to go through that discussion just yet. But I'm back now!

If you don’t mind my asking, what symptoms made you head for the ER? Were they able to do anything for you to help alleviate them? I had Covid a year ago before the major vaccine rollout and was the sickest I’ve ever been, in bed with fever and cough for 14 days. Every day it felt like I’d been hit by a truck. It was all I could do to walk 20 steps to use the bathroom. But I did not require a trip to the ER or hospitalization. Were you hospitalized for any length of time or just treated at the ER and released to recover at home? It sounds like you were sick for about a week, is that correct?

I’m now vaccinated and boosted (and still being careful). I’m sure you’re glad that you are, too. And yet, wow, still you got sick enough to go to the ER!

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 7

15 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

That is scary. I'm vaccinated and boosted. I wear my mask, I keep as far as I can away from people and I avoid crowds. We were going out for dinner until before Christmas and now decided to take a break until things calm down. Lots of positives at work after a 5 month lull. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is scary. I'm vaccinated and boosted. I wear my mask, I keep as far as I can away from people and I avoid crowds. We were going out for dinner until before Christmas and now decided to take a break until things calm down. Lots of positives at work after a 5 month lull. 

Same here, both Mr. No and I were vaccinated and boosted but we cancelled all holiday activities because I got a lot of notifications of positives at work after having very few cases.  In addition to family testing positive including MIL at her assisted living facility.  Gone back to online ordering / pickup at the grocery store or if we go to a store, go during early / late hours.   I am considering cancelling my dental appointment next week because I know my hygienist is not vaccinated, (at least as of the last appointment) but don't care to find out the same while sitting in the dentist chair.

This latest Covid variant is quite the beast.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

One woman in my team at work is triple vaxxed and has been out all week, unable to get out of bed she's so sick. She hasn't told anyone she has Covid, but I know her roommate had Covid pneumonia last week. I guess the good news is that she's not in the hospital.  My sister says the family of three kids next door to her are all pretty sick with it, even the six year old. 

Deja vu all over again. I'm locking myself down. Not fair that Josh Duggar has access to commissary snacks and I'm stuck here with just some cheddar jack and no crackers. ☹️

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

28 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Deja vu all over again. I'm locking myself down. Not fair that Josh Duggar has access to commissary snacks and I'm stuck here with just some cheddar jack and no crackers. ☹️

Speaking oh which, does he get commissary in protective custody?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Speaking oh which, does he get commissary in protective custody?

Yes, because it's not punitive, just for his own protection.

The irony of people protecting him from harm is lost on them I'm sure.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, Cam said:

If you don’t mind my asking, what symptoms made you head for the ER? Were they able to do anything for you to help alleviate them? I had Covid a year ago before the major vaccine rollout and was the sickest I’ve ever been, in bed with fever and cough for 14 days. Every day it felt like I’d been hit by a truck. It was all I could do to walk 20 steps to use the bathroom. But I did not require a trip to the ER or hospitalization. Were you hospitalized for any length of time or just treated at the ER and released to recover at home? It sounds like you were sick for about a week, is that correct?

I’m now vaccinated and boosted (and still being careful). I’m sure you’re glad that you are, too. And yet, wow, still you got sick enough to go to the ER!

So, I was sent to the hospital by my PCP after I called in about chest tightness and difficulty breathing. I'd already been diagnosed with COVID at that point, and the cough was bad but what made it worse was just a feeling like I wasn't able to breathe in at all after a coughing fit. I previously (years ago) had pneumonia and I'd liken it to that. I was on the fence about whether it was bad enough to go to the ER (I think we are all well aware that the respiratory stuff comes with COVID) but wanted to check with an expert. The doctor was concerned about it enough to send me in to be evaluated for a heart attack and to have an x ray to my lungs, I was treated and released, not hospitalized for any length of time. Sadly, there wasn't much they could do for me, and since my tests were all clear they decided against hospitalizing me even for observation (for which I am grateful, I was so afraid I would get someone sick or catch something else while I was there!)

I unfortunately happened to catch the flu a little over a week before I caught COVID, the doctor said it was possible I was already weak from having the flu and that is why I reacted so badly to catching COVID (which I caught at the pharmacy... where I was because I had the flu... vicious cycle).

I was sick (with COVID) for two weeks, and I still have a pretty bad cough and major exhaustion. Overall, I'd still consider my case fairly mild, in a certain way. I'm slowly regaining my sense of taste and smell, which can apparently take some people months, and most of my symptoms went away on their own. I didn't progress into pneumonia and it didn't trigger any issues with my autoimmune disorder as far as we can tell right now. I didn't need a ventilator or any medical intervention other than a precautionary check when I went to the ER. I'm grateful that it wasn't much worse.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 40

Thanks for the insight to what your Covid experience was like. It’s interesting to hear the details. Best wishes for your continued recovery. That’s good that you were seen at the ER to rule out further complications. I had the bad cough, too, but it pretty much left after a couple weeks. I still got winded very easily for a long time (months) afterwards. Something that helped was doing deep breathing exercises which I looked up on YouTube. They’re all pretty simple. One was take a deep breath and hold for 20 seconds, then blow out slowly like you’re blowing out birthday candles. Repeat 3 times. I still do them occasionally. I hope you’re able to rest often enough to help with the exhaustion. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9

On 1/7/2022 at 6:25 AM, OrchidBlossom said:

I'm not that shocked by this, but I will say if anyone had ever laid a hand on me as a child, let alone a teacher, I can almost guarantee it would be the last time they had functioning hands. They only question mark is honestly who would get there first, my mother or my father.

I shouldn't have to feel overwhelmingly grateful to have grown up with parents who didn't hit me, and who told me that no one was allowed to touch me without my consent for any reason. But the sad fact is, I do feel grateful for that, knowing it's the minority for my age group (early millennials). I'm so glad that it is becoming less socially acceptable.

I'm in the same position. I'm a bit older (43) and I was never hit by my parents. My Mum was very against it. However I'm pretty much unique amongst my pear group. The strangest thing to me is the number of people my age who will still defend it with the, 'it never did me any harm' argument. I'm Scottish and was born at the right time because I think it was legal in schools up until the early 80s here so I missed that too. The Scottish smacking ban only came in last year though to make it illegal for parents to smack their children. My Mum was decades ahead of her time in many ways.

• Upvote 9

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic