IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 48: "Happy New Year to You [,Josh]... In Jail!"

HerNameIsBuffy

Covid has hit our household too. So far just Hubby and me. Somehow it doesn't seem like the 5 yr old has it. She just turned 5 at Christmas so isn't vaxxed yet so we were worried. We've mainly just had sore throats and earaches nothing too bad.  But a work friend of ours just died and another is on a ventilator. Both unvaxxed.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7
  • Love 45

May I suggest to get pneumonia vax too if it's available for you? I think that what saved me when I took care of my brother when he got COVID during Delta wave in my country. At the time I only had my first shot of AZ vax and I got pneumonia vax a month before AZ. My safety gear was only 2 layers of masks in emergency ward filled with COVID patients for 3 days. After my brother passed away, I isolated myself for 2 weeks just in case. Got PCR test twice during those 2 weeks with 1 week interval and both came back negative.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 28

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, because it's not punitive, just for his own protection.

The irony of people protecting him from harm is lost on them I'm sure.

How would he use the food? Wouldn’t he need access to basic cooking supplies like a microwave? I can’t see him having one in his cell.

I’m picturing something like ramen, not a bag of chips

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

How would he use the food? Wouldn’t he need access to basic cooking supplies like a microwave? I can’t see him having one in his cell.

I’m picturing something like ramen, not a bag of chips

I think prisoners generally use hot water to make stuff like ramen.  I'm not sure Josh would have access to anything in a day room as he stays in his cell nearly all the time so he probably sticks to the cold snacks. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I think prisoners generally use hot water to make stuff like ramen.  I'm not sure Josh would have access to anything in a day room as he stays in his cell nearly all the time so he probably sticks to the cold snacks. 

The boredom would be so...endless, monotonous. What is there to do in jail? Can he have books? Would he have access to a TV? Are there others in nearby cells with whom he could interact? Josh seems to me to be an extrovert so being alone would be harder for him. I'd eat all day long and I'm not even an extrovert. Should have thought of this possibility before dividing that hard drive and going down the path YOU CHOSE, Josh.

• Upvote 7

This is totally off the subject of the Duggars but I am hoping someone can remember who it is that I'm trying to find on IG. I think I read about this family here on FJ. I'm looking for a woman who has 4 or 5 girls and dresses them alike, including the eldest, who is 14. Lots of curls, hairbows, old fashioned dresses. The family now has a toddler boy so the girls are mostly dressed in blue now, with outfits matching/coordinating with the little brother. Does anyone remember who I mean? Thanks!

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Letgo said:

This is totally off the subject of the Duggars but I am hoping someone can remember who it is that I'm trying to find on IG. I think I read about this family here on FJ. I'm looking for a woman who has 4 or 5 girls and dresses them alike, including the eldest, who is 14. Lots of curls, hairbows, old fashioned dresses. The family now has a toddler boy so the girls are mostly dressed in blue now, with outfits matching/coordinating with the little brother. Does anyone remember who I mean? Thanks!

Chelsea Pomeroy. Let me see if I can link correctly to the thread:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

That's the one! Thank you so much.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

Oh my goodness!!  What the actual heck is this?!!  Number 1 why??  Number 2 how much do all this clothes cost?? Number 3 what happened in that mother’s childhood to do this to her kids?  Number 4 it appears the kids go to school…please tell me they don’t dress this way in public school!!  Number 5 I have never before wanted to see a kid go goth more than I want for these kids 🤣

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

Sweet Mother of God what the fuck did I just look at

My aunt tried to do this to my cousins. There's a hilarious Easter photo of them dressed identically and grimacing at the camera. They have the same look as people in old-timey photographs. As a joke, I downloaded the photo from FB, put a sepia filter on it, and sent it to the family group text.   

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Travelfan said:

Oh my goodness!!  What the actual heck is this?!!  Number 1 why??  Number 2 how much do all this clothes cost?? Number 3 what happened in that mother’s childhood to do this to her kids?  Number 4 it appears the kids go to school…please tell me they don’t dress this way in public school!!  Number 5 I have never before wanted to see a kid go goth more than I want for these kids 🤣

I can’t help you with 1-3, but it appears they go to a private school with a uniform (thankfully).

797BC3B8-9E66-4A1A-9FA8-7C0ED6E6ECEC.jpeg
This is a woman who clearly wishes she was a member of the British royal family circa 1890.

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 14

I think the Pomeroys are pretty well off. Not sure what the dad does though.

16 hours ago, Letgo said:

The boredom would be so...endless, monotonous. What is there to do in jail? Can he have books? Would he have access to a TV? Are there others in nearby cells with whom he could interact? Josh seems to me to be an extrovert so being alone would be harder for him. I'd eat all day long and I'm not even an extrovert. Should have thought of this possibility before dividing that hard drive and going down the path YOU CHOSE, Josh.

I know this is a different state, but here is Roddie Bryan, who filmed and chased Ahmaud Arbery, complaining about conditions in a protective custody pod in a county detention center pre-trial. Josh's situation is probably similar.

Locked down alone 23 hours a day in a cinderblock cell.  No windows.  Glass window in door is the only way to see sunlight. No TV.  Small TV in pod which he can watch from 30 feet away through the glass window in the door.  Three meals  a day brought to his cell. His shower time can be at any time of the day according to a rotation. He can walk about the common area in the pod during his one hour out. No in-person or contact visits due to Covid, aside from his attorney. Family visits are on a monitor and just 15 minutes twice a week, although he can make more frequent phone calls.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

42 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Locked down alone 23 hours a day in a cinderblock cell.  No windows.  Glass window in door is the only way to see sunlight. No TV.  Small TV in pod which he can watch from 30 feet away through the glass window in the door.  Three meals  a day brought to his cell. His shower time can be at any time of the day according to a rotation. He can walk about the common area in the pod during his one hour out. No in-person or contact visits due to Covid, aside from his attorney. Family visits are on a monitor and just 15 minutes twice a week, although he can make more frequent phone calls.

Flat out of fucks to give. Should have thought about that before they murdered that man. Your "white privilege" didn't do you a damn bit of good. Although, I'm in favor of letting him out in gen pop. He'd go from being "distressed" over protective custody to scared shitless and finding out he ain't even a little fish in a little pond. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

From Wikipedia on the Ahmaud Arbery murder :

*Regarding Facebook posts Travis McMichael made before the shooting, he testified that in January 2019 he agreed with a neighbour who wrote that thieves should be made an example of: "That's right – hope y'all catch the vermin", then when that neighbour indicated concern over how her father may interact with thieves because he did not care about being jailed, he responded: "That's what this world needs more of ... My old man is the same way ... Hell, I'm getting that way"; and in July 2019 he wrote "Arm up" in response to a post on local crime.*

So, Travis, how does your white male privilege feel now about your boast bragging about jail/prison? 

And little more Wiki recap:

In sentencing the defendants, Judge Walmsley said "remorse is something that's felt and demonstrated", noting that "after Ahmaud Arbery fell, the McMichaels turned their backs" and "walked away". Walmsley further said that Gregory McMichael "very early on in this tried to establish a narrative", when at the crime scene Gregory told Travis that he had "no choice" but to shoot, and at the crime scene Gregory described Arbery as "an asshole". Walmsley indicated that Travis appeared to be more concerned about his own well-being while Arbery lay dead at the crime scene, with Travis stating: "This is the worst day of my life." 

From CNN: Gregory McMichael leaned back in his chair and appeared visibly shaken, the reporter added, after his son was sentenced.

The sentence, of course, being life without parole.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Fuck it, cut 'em loose in gen pop. You think you're all big and bad? Really? Seems to me you're only "brave" when you're armed (I call it little dick syndrome). I fucking hate these assholes. They all need to be exiled to some island somewhere. 

Call me fed up with the whole goddamn human race

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 1/9/2022 at 7:52 AM, mango_fandango said:

I think the Pomeroys are pretty well off. Not sure what the dad does though.

He's the head teacher at the private pentacostal academy the kids go to.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, imokit said:

He's the head teacher at the private pentacostal academy the kids go to.

How much can that job pay? They have a nice, large home. The clothing is not second-hand and all those matching outfits aren't cheap. The children have nice toys. She has over 11K followers so maybe she could make money on IG? But what company would pay her?

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

As a prison officer I get the whole “let them all out in general population” desire but also as a prison officer, I want my shift to end by me and my colleagues going home safely uninjureyed mentally and physically. 
protective custody does not only result in the inmate remaining safe.  

And as far as I'm aware, "getting assaulted or murdered by prison inmates" is not part of the sentencing regime in the United States. Josh will be sentenced to a period of incarceration, not to getting his throat slit by a prisoner with an improvised blade. There is (or should be) a duty on the State to keep prisoners safe while they are in custody.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, rosamundi said:

And as far as I'm aware, "getting assaulted or murdered by prison inmates" is not part of the sentencing regime in the United States. Josh will be sentenced to a period of incarceration, not to getting his throat slit by a prisoner with an improvised blade. There is (or should be) a duty on the State to keep prisoners safe while they are in custody.

The jail where Josh is currently housed has had a history of problems with attacks on inmates and staff going back many years. This article is from 2013 but addresses some of the issues, including a violent attack on a CSA inmate.  They can't let Josh out into general. Maybe it will be different when he gets to federal prison. 

https://www.5newsonline.com/article/news/local/outreach/back-to-school/jail-videos-of-violent-attacks-show-growing-number-of-inmates-sheriff-says/527-76593906-91cb-4c84-bfca-52fc3d9d4f0f

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On the subject of who is communicating with Josh, the Sun, identifies both who had a video-call with Josh and who received a phone-call from Josh.  (Josh can’t receive phone calls, but he can receive video “visits.” Josh can also phone out.)

In the video log, Anna, 33, made 39 calls to her husband from December 12, 2021 to January 2, 2022. 

She reached him on Christmas Eve five times in calls lasting around 47 minutes total.

Anna, who shares seven children with Josh, made two calls on Christmas Day totaling around 27 minutes. 

She called him three times on New Year’s Eve for about 20 minutes and three times on New Year’s Day for over 40 minutes. 

Mom Michelle video chatted with him on January 2, 2022 for nearly six minutes.

The Sun is reporting on the video and phone logs that they got “exclusively” from The SoJo Files.  (I watched the SoJo Files podcast and found the Sun’s discussion much less confusing about what was video and what was a phone call.)

As for phone calls, inmates can only make outgoing collect calls and cannot receive incoming ones, according to Washington County Jail. 

The Sun confirmed the phone numbers listed through public records. They were also confirmed by The SoJo Files.

Josh made 64 calls to Anna from December 10, 2021 to December 30, 2021, as some of the calls failed. 

He successfully called dad Jim Bob twice on December 26 and once on December 29. 

He spoke to his mom Michelle on December 14 for almost four minutes. 

Josh also had three successful calls with Michelle on December 21, one on December 22 and another on December 25. 

Josh called brother Jed twice before he picked up on the third try. 

They talked for over 16 minutes on December 21.

Other calls include to his younger brother Justin’s in-laws Robert and Hilary Spivey, family member David Waller and his lawyer Travis Story. 

Source: Josh Jail Calls and Video — The Sun, 1/2022

While it is not a surprise that Josh and Anna have communicated at least twice a day for a total of more than 100 contacts since he was incarcerated less than a month ago, it is interesting that he has also communicated with his parents (both) and the Spiveys— not to mention David Waller.

Anyway, it appears he has not been abandoned. 🙄

Edited by EmCatlyn
Grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16

I love the little notation "almost" when referring to the length of the phone calls with Michelle. ALMOST four minutes on the phone with Josh!

What an odd way of saying "his mother called to say she was disappointed, and they spent the remaining two and a half minutes in awkward silence."

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

I love the little notation "almost" when referring to the length of the phone calls with Michelle. ALMOST four minutes on the phone with Josh!

What an odd way of saying "his mother called to say she was disappointed, and they spent the remaining two and a half minutes in awkward silence."

Small correction... the list of calls were made by Smuggar TO family and friends. They weren't the video chats that Anna has had. 

Speaking of video chats, due to covid, the jail has shut down the in-house kiosks, so the only way to video chat is via an outside computer which will cost money (the in-house kiosks are free). But as of the end of the year, neither Meech nor JB had deigned to talk to their son this way.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

46 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Small correction... the list of calls were made by Smuggar TO family and friends. They weren't the video chats that Anna has had. 

Speaking of video chats, due to covid, the jail has shut down the in-house kiosks, so the only way to video chat is via an outside computer which will cost money (the in-house kiosks are free). But as of the end of the year, neither Meech nor JB had deigned to talk to their son this way.

There was a video chat with Michelle on Jan 2 which the paper said lasted 6 minutes.  It was the only video chat that wasn’t with Anna. 

As for the phone calls, they are initiated by Josh, but the person on the other end has to accept the call. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic