IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 48: "Happy New Year to You [,Josh]... In Jail!"

HerNameIsBuffy

Best move (IMO) for Josh is to STFU about past abuses and future plans, see what situation might help get him out quickest (back with family vs. far from family) then do what he wants from there.  For now, I believe he needs Anna on his side and a steady stream of money for his commissary account. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

Once the crazy girls who love incarcerated guys start sending him letters and funding his commissary account he will have little use for Anna or JB/M. 

Ewwww.  Really?

26 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Ewwww.  Really?

Just watch "Love After Lockup" on WETV.  Plenty of crazy and desperate women-and men, for that matter-who are in "relationships" with inmates who are only too happy to take the commissary amount money put on their books.  Some of these folks even visit the inmates and go so far as to smuggle in drugs and cell phones.  In return, they wait for the inmates to get out in hopes of a permanent relationship upon release.  

Maybe we will see Josh on "Love After Lockup" in a future season.  The cross-over we never knew we needed.   

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Ewwww.  Really?

Yes. Really. It's a thing. 

IME it has become more of a thing during the pandemic. Too many lonely people out there who do not use their internet wisely. (Social visits are pretty much all remote these days, so no need to put much effort into it).

The psychology of it is bizarre but seems to amount to: I was lied to before and deeply hurt by no good scumbags but in this situation I at least know what I am getting and have some control. 

Plus, when he gets out, he will be treated poorly and we can be victims together against the world. Yay us.

Also, I have never ever seen a sugar daddy appear for the female inmates. It's pretty much only the other way around: women (and a few men) chasing the incarcerated men.

Reason #5004 as to how the patriarchy messes with us in weird ways. 😜😂

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 3

I wasn’t particularly interested in the opposite sex until I was 18, but I never went through a phase of liking “bad boys”. I don’t want drama in my life. 
Regardless, how could ANYONE be into a convicted PAEDOPHILE??? The whole idea is all sorts of gross. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 15

5 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

You would be amazed at the stuff people tell us. I had a kid telling me all about another crime he committed (and apparently hadn't been charged with yet) last week. I kinda get the vibe from Josh that he would be a the type to just keep talking because he thinks he so smart. 

I used to teach writing (among other things) and I discontinued informal, “write about anything, but just write” journals because students (mostly 18-20-year-olds) would tell me things I wasn’t comfortable hearing about (sexual experiences, drug experiences, petty crime such as shoplifting—one kid told me about coming upon her preacher father masturbating in the family living room and how he tried to gaslight afterwards accusing her of having been “drinking or worse”).  A teacher in another class had a student confess to a crime in an essay on “A Memorable Experience” which eventually led to the FBI.   Some people just have to tell.

I am not sure Josh would tell stuff because he “thinks he’s so smart.”  I suspect he is one who talks because he thinks it puts him in control.  Telling his story makes him the central character and shocking people may be a thrill.

Maybe he also has an unconscious habit of “confessing when caught” as a way to take the edge of the punishment.  If so, pleading “not-guilty” may have been hard for him and he may be eager to find excuses for himself and report his “feelings” to anyone who asks.  🤷‍♀️

I definitely wouldn’t expect him to be quiet.

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Once the crazy girls who love incarcerated guys start sending him letters and funding his commissary account he will have little use for Anna or JB/M. 

I don’t see him getting less than 10 because that was what the feds offered him as a plea agreement.  I could easily see him sentenced 12-15. 

Did he really get offered a 10 yr sentence in plea bargaining?  I have heard it alleged, but there seems to be no source.  It may just have been a guess that Josh wouldn’t plea because they wouldn’t offer him less than 10 years.  (If there was a plea offer, it is more likely to have been 7 years or less.)

As for Josh having “groupies” who will send him money in prison,  I am not sure this would make him turn away from Anna while he is still incarcerated.  The more people who can give him money and hang on his words in e-mail and chat, the happier he will be.  Once it is time to get out, yeah.  If another woman offers him more than he can get returning to the fold, I could see it.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Cam said:

Of course, the risk for Josh is someone writing to him then going public with anything he writes back. Lots of people out for a buck.

Had not even thought of that, but you are so right. I could really see that happening. . . the tell-all book after a pen pal relationship is established for a while. 

Edited by So-Virgin-It-Hurts
  • Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

As for Josh having “groupies” who will send him money in prison,  I am not sure this would make him turn away from Anna while he is still incarcerated.  The more people who can give him money and hang on his words in e-mail and chat, the happier he will be.  Once it is time to get out, yeah.  If another woman offers him more than he can get returning to the fold, I could see it.

I wonder where this fits into fundy morality? Would it be seen as Pest being unfaithful to receive letters and money from adoring female groupies? Not that being unfaithful ever seems to have bothered him at all, but establishing any kind of relationship with a woman other than Anna is surely frowned upon. Maybe it's ok if he doesn't write back......

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I wonder where this fits into fundy morality? Would it be seen as Pest being unfaithful to receive letters and money from adoring female groupies? Not that being unfaithful ever seems to have bothered him at all, but establishing any kind of relationship with a woman other than Anna is surely frowned upon. Maybe it's ok if he doesn't write back......

$$$$$$ is King in JB’s world. He’d be A-OK with taking any money given or thrown their way, no matter the giver or the circumstances-

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Had not even thought of that, but you are so right. I could really see that happening. . . the tell-all book after a pen pal relationship is established for a while. 

A Daily Mail reporter is probably writing him a letter under a fake name right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 28

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

I’m sure it is against “fundy morality” for Josh to have romantic interests or relationships with anyone but Anna.  However, we all know that Josh has no problem with going against “fundy morality.”

My guess is that Josh would pretend to his family that anyone who contacted him and was donating money to his commissary account was a “prayer partner” trying to help him resist sin and get closer to God.  The only problem might be if (as we have read) he is limited in how many people he can “see” each week.  He might need to explain to Anna why they couldn’t have a video visit on a week he had already used up his visits with Groupie A and Groupie B.  On the other hand, he has lots of practice lying to Anna and she has lots of practice pretending to believe, so there might be no problem.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

$$$$$$ is King in JB’s world. He’d be A-OK with taking any money given or thrown their way, no matter the giver or the circumstances-

I don’t think JB has any say on this, since he isn’t going to be getting reports from the prison about Josh’s contacts.   However, I agree that he is also not likely to care if Josh is getting money from people other than himself and/or Anna.😉

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I mean…the guy admitted to incest & adultery and is in jail for heinous crimes against children. I’m pretty sure any “fundy morality” he might’ve had went out Josh’s window at puberty if he ever had it to begin with. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarify
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Ewwww.  Really?

Unfortunately, yes. It’s called Hybristophilia.

Convicted serial killer Richard Ramirez, (a.k.a. The Night Stalker), married a fan of his while incarcerated. She eventually regained her senses and split. But by the time he died (in prison) he was engaged to a 23 year old. And Charles Manson was engaged to a 26 year old fangirl  he named ‘Star.’

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Convicted serial killer Richard Ramirez, (a.k.a. The Night Stalker), married a fan of his while incarcerated. She eventually regained her senses and split. But by the time he died (in prison) he was engaged to a 23 year old. And Charles Manson was engaged to a 26 year old fangirl  he named ‘Star.’

Let's not forget Lyle and Erik Menendez.  Lyle managed to snag two wives behind bars; and Erik married while incarcerated as well. 

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I’d imagine being in prison on account of downloading CSAM would be against fundy morality, so I would suppose that chatting up ladies via snail mail for money is not a huge concern for Josh’s moral code. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Yup - Look at Chris Watts or TLC’s life after lockup. 

Chris Watts? The guy who killed his wife AND two little daughters? How could anyone be even remotely interested in a guy like that? I just cannot imagine that, but I know that men who commit horrific crimes still attract women. I do not understand it. Has anyone studied why women are interested in people like that? I don't think I'd ever be lonely enough for that. Or stupid enough. At least go for a non-violent inmate.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Israeli prime minister Isaac Rabin was assassinated in November 1995 (my engagement day, not a chance to forget that). The entire country was shaken to its core and something was fractured that never quite healed since. The assassin was sentenced to life, of course, and unless something drastic happens he will stay behind bars for life. He still managed to marry a groupie and have a child through insemination. I’m trying to wrap my brain around wanting to marry and procreate with this… person. But ideological extremists are a breed of their own. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yigal_Amir

• Sad 4
  • WTF 2

On 1/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, Tatar-tot said:

You know guys….Josh is in JAIL and will be there until he is moved out to a federal facility once sentenced.  Josh is not at camp nor does he have any control over his life anymore. Life is not going to be easy for while he serves his sentence for his abhorrent behavior.  In the short amount of time he has been in custody other inmates have already threatened him so he was put in solitary confinement.

Josh does not have an IPad.  Josh cannot surf the Internet. Josh cannot be on the phone all day chatting with his family.  Josh has 2 timed calls each day.

From now until the day Josh is released he will be told what to do, when to do it and how to it.  The only autonomy Josh has is deciding when to go to the bathroom, and choosing from what he is served to eat.  The rest of his time from when he can go outside to when is bedtime will be controlled by the Warden and the prison guards.  

I keep thinking of all of this. It must be so difficult for a person who does not consider himself a "criminal" to accept being treated as one. I mean, it's difficult for anyone, but if one is a drug dealer or bank robber it ought to be expected at some point.  For people like Josh, Ghislaine Maxwell, Elizabeth Holmes, etc., for whom all this is new I can't imagine the adjustment they experience. They probably don't think of themselves as having committed illegal acts or that they're bad people. What a shock to be held accountable at last. I'm not feeling sorry for them-they're guilty and deserve what they get-but just wondering what they are going through as they sit in tiny cells with almost no autonomy. What does Josh think about all day???

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Ted Bundy as well, he married Carole Boone in 1980 while on trial for murder (though she did know him previously as they worked together in 1974) and they conceived a child while he was on death row. She insisted that he was innocent.  She did divorce him in 1986 after rumors surfaced that he had engaged in a relationship with his lawyer as well.  

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

Ted Bundy as well, he married Carole Boone in 1980 while on trial for murder (though she did know him previously as they worked together in 1974) and they conceived a child while he was on death row. She insisted that he was innocent.  She did divorce him in 1986 after rumors surfaced that he had engaged in a relationship with his lawyer as well.  

Because being a serial killer is fine, but gossip about another woman is unacceptable?

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I don’t see him getting less than 10 because that was what the feds offered him as a plea agreement.  I could easily see him sentenced 12-15. 

Didn’t Jared from Subway get 15 years?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Because being a serial killer is fine, but gossip about another woman is unacceptable?

I know, it's wild isn't it. You can kill and rape numerous children and she will have a baby with you. But bang your lawyer, consensually, and it's over. 

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, Letgo said:

I don't think I'd ever be lonely enough for that. Or stupid enough. At least go for a non-violent inmate.

It always seems to be the serial killers or really heinous killers. Ramirez, Bundy, Manson, etc.

I've always wondered about how that works - like, are women after them because they are famous? Do the no-name inmates also get similar attention? The ones you hear about most are always the ones doing major time, does the fact they likely won't ever get out (or won't get out anytime in the next few decades) make them more appealing for some reason?

I could see how a combo of knowing what you're getting and not having to actually deal with him on a day to day level might be appealing to some people. It's like having a crush on a celebrity of fictional character, but with actual connection. 

I'm not saying it's healthy, or a good idea. But I can see how that might be appealing - you always know where he is and have a good idea what he's doing, you already know the worst parts about him, you don't have to deal with the actual reality or work of a relationship. He's not leaving underwear lying around or waking you up snoring, you don't even have to cook for him. It's like a fantasy but with an actual person. 

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic