IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 15: More Information Is Being Revealed About The Big Lie

GreyhoundFan

Moron boasted about Jan 6 to an Uber driver which resulted in criminal charges. 

When night fell on Jan. 6, 2021, Jerry Braun grabbed a slice of pizza while waiting for his Uber ride. Hours before, he had stormed the Capitol and even whacked a reporter with a wooden plank, prosecutors allege.

A driver picked him up in downtown Washington about 7 p.m., immediately noticing a bleeding wound near Braun’s eye. In an exchange that was caught by a camera mounted inside the car, the driver asked the white-bearded man: “So, has it been violent all day?”

“Well, it started around, right when I got there,” Braun responded, according to court records. “I tore down the barricades.”

The recorded conversation prompted a 15-month-long investigation that concluded April 12 with Braun arrested on charges of violent entry or disorderly conduct, obstruction during civil disorder, and entering and remaining on restricted grounds, according to court recordsunsealed Tuesday.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Moron boasted about Jan 6 to an Uber driver which resulted in criminal charges.

After storming the Capitol, which was being shown on international media, perhaps a little chit-chat with an Uber driver didn't seem potentially provocative...not that I think it was bright.

• Upvote 3

Fulton DA clarifies timeline for witness testimony in Trump probe

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis will wait until after the May 24 primaries to call in witnesses to testify about whether former President Donald Trump tried to illegally overturn election results in Georgia in 2020.

Selection of a special grand jury will begin on May 2, but the group won’t hear from witnesses until June 1, Willis said in an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday.

Willis said the four-week gap would give jurors time to approve subpoenas for reluctant witnesses and for the district attorney’s office to deliver those documents into people’s hands. The veteran prosecutor also acknowledged that she’s waiting until after the primaries to avoid the perception that her actions are politically motivated, as her Republican critics allege.

“I don’t want anyone to say ‘oh, she’s doing this because she wants to influence the outcome of this upcoming election,’” the Democrat said. “The people will decide the outcome of this upcoming election. It will have nothing to do with this district attorney’s office.”

Several of the people Willis is likely to seek an interview with — most notably Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, whom Trump called on Jan. 2, 2021, requesting that he “find” enough votes to reverse his Georgia defeat — are on the primary ballot this spring. That includes Gov. Brian Kemp and Attorney General Chris Carr. They also received Trump calls following the November 2020 elections and now face Republican challengers.

Even though Willis is seeking to steer clear of the GOP primary, recent polling shows that Raffensperger and possibly Kemp may be forced into a primary runoff on June 21.

The special grand jury is authorized to meet until spring 2023 but could wrap work earlier.

Willis also on Monday clarified for the first time the scope of how many people her team of 10 prosecutors and investigators have spoken to in the 14 months since she launched the probe.

She said that at least 50 people have voluntarily testified before prosecutors and that she plans to seek subpoenas for at least 30 others who had previously declined to be interviewed. She added that there are another 60 or so people her team is hoping to talk to in the weeks ahead.

Willis declined to name the lead prosecutors that she’s assigned to the probe, citing security precautions. She said she recently ordered bulletproof vests for them. She’s also ramped up her personal and office security amid a rash of threats tied to the Trump probe and unrelated gang cases.

In addition to the Trump-Raffensperger call, Willis has indicated that her team is also examining the abrupt resignation of former Atlanta-based U.S. Attorney BJay Pak; a November 2020 call U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., placed to Raffensperger; and false claims made by Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani during a hearing before the Georgia Senate Judiciary Committee.

• Thank You 8

Never doubted DOJ is investigating, but still good to know:

• Thank You 15

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

FFS...

Finally! There it is! The voter fraud the Republicans have been screaming about!

Oh wait?! He's a Republican? Never mind, nothing to see here.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Staffers don't feel like falling on sharp instruments for their bosses

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Bless his heart...

Spoiler

Skipping Rick Perry GIF by Dancing with the Stars

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

It's crazy how these Republicans still think that a simple denial will make everyone believe you.

That alternative facts can be used as an excuse in the rightwing media does not mean that they are acceptabel in a court of law, dearies. Recordings and digital messages are.

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It's crazy how these Republicans still think that a simple denial will make everyone believe you.

That alternative facts can be used as an excuse in the rightwing media does not mean that they are acceptabel in a court of law, dearies. Recordings and digital messages are.

They seem to have gotten so used to believing every word Trump says, no matter how blatantly a lie it is, that they have forgotten that truth is a real thing. Facts exist, and you can't change them just by saying something different. The world doesn't change to suit their words - except in their right wing bubble. 

Either that or there is something serious going on. I'm not ruling out some sort of shenanigans. Drugs slipped into the drinks and snacks at Republican gatherings. Subliminal messages or some other sort of mind control embedded in Fox News broadcasts. Something. There's got to be SOME reason that SO many otherwise apparently normal, reasonably intelligent people seem to have completely lost their minds making them believe things that are simply unbelievable. So many have done complete 180s, went from normal people with conservative beliefs to spineless toadies. 

I'd say "lead poisoning" causing progressive deterioration, but that's less likely with the younger idiots and there are plenty of people of an age to have been exposed to lead who haven't apparently had their brains leak out their ears. 

Some of it is Russian money. Some of it is dirt they don't want publicized. Some of it is just following where the money is. But none of that explains the everyday MAGA morons voting against their own best interests and wholeheartedly believing the most obviously untrue, stupid, provably false things. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

But none of that explains the everyday MAGA morons voting against their own best interests and wholeheartedly believing the most obviously untrue, stupid, provably false things. 

Lack of good education does. And constant propaganda from Fox. They live in a bubble of like-minded people and refuse to look beyond that tiny little maga-world. 

Very, very, extremely generally speaking, there are two types if people. Leaders and followers. And there is no value-judgment attached to either type; both are necessary for society to function. Followers prefer- and again I am generalizing in the extreme- to have others tell them what to do and how to do it. And in extreme cases, they even prefer to have others tell them what to think.

With magats, all these factors work to exacerbate each other. Essentially, they are in a cult and have cult like behavior-- and will willingly swallow that koolaid, even if its to their own detriment.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Lack of good education does. And constant propaganda from Fox. They live in a bubble of like-minded people and refuse to look beyond that tiny little maga-world. 

Very, very, extremely generally speaking, there are two types if people. Leaders and followers. And there is no value-judgment attached to either type; both are necessary for society to function. Followers prefer- and again I am generalizing in the extreme- to have others tell them what to do and how to do it. And in extreme cases, they even prefer to have others tell them what to think.

With magats, all these factors work to exacerbate each other. Essentially, they are in a cult and have cult like behavior-- and will willingly swallow that koolaid, even if its to their own detriment.

Exactly -- it's cult/cultlike psychology at work.  I just hope that the 'bizarro Q factor', combined with the frequency with which the cult leaders turn on each other, will at some point jump the shark and crash, either popularly or at least in the world of legal justice.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

They live in a bubble of like-minded people and refuse to look beyond that tiny little maga-world

People living around me are always stunned when they discover we are the evil liberals they love to rant about. And attempts at explaining why we don’t support Trump makes it obvious they literally have heard nothing but propaganda. It is very hard to get through to these people about reality. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

This is huge: an admission of intent to take the Capitol by force.

• Thank You 10

On 4/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, formergothardite said:

People living around me are always stunned when they discover we are the evil liberals they love to rant about. And attempts at explaining why we don’t support Trump makes it obvious they literally have heard nothing but propaganda. It is very hard to get through to these people about reality. 

I have noticed this as well. Like, no matter how clearly obvious something is to me, they manage to come up with some completely off-the-wall yet reasonable sounding way that it means the opposite. And normally I'm so boggled that I can't formulate a polite response, especially when it's my boss saying this stuff.

It's like (and this is imaginary, but about the same level of what I've heard) "Wow. Did you see that politician that wrung a baby bunny's neck and killed it on live TV? Horrible!" and their response was "Yeah! I'm so glad he had the guts to do that. Rabbits are vicious invasive rabid little creatures who are forcing out native mosquitos by drinking up all the standing water supplies mosquitos breed in. It was a strong signal that we'll no longer stand up to tyranny by rabbit lovers!"

Like, no matter what Trump or any R politician does, they're like, "Yeah, but that's a good thing! Here are my Fox News talking points that don't really explain why and are based on totally false info anyway..." 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

You know what pisses me and many others US voters off? So there are facts, hard evidence, text messages as an example, and yet these politicians are ALL in some sort of “cone of protection” that leaves them untouchable for their actions, no matter how caustic. THIS IS HOW WE ENDED UP WITH A POTUS, TRUMP. People wanted a President outside the cone. Well, we see how once elected and inside, he was actually worse. Being in the cone, Trump could have actually shot someone to death and gotten away with it.

I am convinced that no politician will ever be held legally accountable for their behaviors in regards to Jan 6th, election fraud…Trump should be in jail and divested of any money he has, but it will never happen.

The rest of us would have been in jail or prosecuted a long time ago, just like many of the goons who broke into the capitol.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I have noticed this as well. Like, no matter how clearly obvious something is to me, they manage to come up with some completely off-the-wall yet reasonable sounding way that it means the opposite. And normally I'm so boggled that I can't formulate a polite response, especially when it's my boss saying this stuff.

It's like (and this is imaginary, but about the same level of what I've heard) "Wow. Did you see that politician that wrung a baby bunny's neck and killed it on live TV? Horrible!" and their response was "Yeah! I'm so glad he had the guts to do that. Rabbits are vicious invasive rabid little creatures who are forcing out native mosquitos by drinking up all the standing water supplies mosquitos breed in. It was a strong signal that we'll no longer stand up to tyranny by rabbit lovers!"

Like, no matter what Trump or any R politician does, they're like, "Yeah, but that's a good thing! Here are my Fox News talking points that don't really explain why and are based on totally false info anyway..." 

I've had Trump supporters claim that Trump never golfed while President. And if he did he paid for it himself. These people live in an alternative reality that is very hard to get through. And if they are faced with absolute proof Trump is doing something they have claimed is morally wrong, they just shut down and retreat to their safe bubble. 

For example a Trump supporter neighbor who is extremely conservative Christian was ranting about how society is so accepting of wicked behavior because he heard a curse word in the grocery store. I said "Isn't it awful that there is a large Fuck Biden flag beside a church and near a school?" 

He got real quiet and mumbled something about how they mean well but he wishes they wouldn't do that.

Then I said "And Trump curses so much in all his speeches." 

He said he had to go and went in his house. These people will not address or discuss anything critical of Trump, even things they have just declared evil. 

These are truly brainwashed cult members. No matter what Trump does, they will support him. And I just don't know how we deal with this sort of a thing. Locking Trump up is a start, but I doubt that will happen.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I've had Trump supporters claim that Trump never golfed while President. And if he did he paid for it himself. These people live in an alternative reality that is very hard to get through. And if they are faced with absolute proof Trump is doing something they have claimed is morally wrong, they just shut down and retreat to their safe bubble. 

For example a Trump supporter neighbor who is extremely conservative Christian was ranting about how society is so accepting of wicked behavior because he heard a curse word in the grocery store. I said "Isn't it awful that there is a large Fuck Biden flag beside a church and near a school?" 

He got real quiet and mumbled something about how they mean well but he wishes they wouldn't do that.

Then I said "And Trump curses so much in all his speeches." 

He said he had to go and went in his house. These people will not address or discuss anything critical of Trump, even things they have just declared evil. 

These are truly brainwashed cult members. No matter what Trump does, they will support him. And I just don't know how we deal with this sort of a thing. Locking Trump up is a start, but I doubt that will happen.

It's frankly frightening how many people are this completely brainwashed. I understand the ones who say it was "smart" and "a good financial move" for Trump to golf constantly at his own properties and make tons of money charging the Secret Service for stuff. I think it was a dick move and likely illegal and definitely immoral to profit off the presidency like that, but OK. Sure. Smart. Smart in a conniving "me me me" sort of way, but whatever. But to claim that Trump never played golf, when their own eyes can show them otherwise? Something is deeply wrong. 

And it's the same people who were pearl-clutching when Obama was caught on a hot mike calling someone (Kanye, I think, for the Taylor Swift interruption) a "jackass" are now flying "let's go Brandon" flags and such. 

How is it possible to handle the fact that like a third of the country is in desperate need of deprogramming, none of them can see it, and the ones who need it worst are half of our power structure?

Some of these people are just stupid, honestly. But ALL of them aren't. They've just managed to believe the unbelievable. Unshakably. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

I just started the book: I Never Thought of it That Way. 

In this timely, personal guide, Mónica, the chief storyteller for the national cross-partisan depolarization organization Braver Angels, takes you to the real front lines of a crisis that threatens to grind America to a halt—broken conversations among confounded people. 

Has Anyone here read it?

My parents were big Trump supporters and since Biden’s election, they have backed off on calling me. It’s really too bad as they are quite old. I’d say between age and anger, they are brainwashed-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I've had Trump supporters claim that Trump never golfed while President. And if he did he paid for it himself

Pssssst.....As a former Bedminster, this simply is not true! (I know you don't need to be told this yourself, Former. But his constant travel disrupted our small town and area's traffic flow massively.

39 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

And it's the same people who were pearl-clutching when Obama was caught on a hot mike calling someone (Kanye, I think, for the Taylor Swift interruption) a "jackass" are now flying "let's go Brandon" flags and such. 

I could definitely be wrong, but I thought it was GWBush who did that, after Kanye accused Bush of not caring about black people. Obama was once caught on a hot mic trash talking Israel PM Netanyahu, and I recall that really bothering me at the time, because I found it unprofessional of a president to allow that to happen to a major ally.

Now, other things bother me significantly more, like GOP's attempts to destroy democracy.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I could definitely be wrong, but I thought it was GWBush who did that, after Kanye accused Bush of not caring about black people. Obama was once caught on a hot mic trash talking Israel PM Netanyahu, and I recall that really bothering me at the time, because I found it unprofessional of a president to allow that to happen to a major ally.

Now, other things bother me significantly more, like GOP's attempts to destroy democracy.

Definitely Obama and Kanye : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/15/obama-kanye-west-mtv

But yeah I could see GWBush saying the same thing.

I mean, Kanye IS actually a jackass IMO and in need of desperate mental health treatment besides. But still, there was pearl clutching from people who now can't get enough of Trump's rhetoric.

Other things of course do bother me more, but this is a symptom. People who were horrified by the idea of a PRESIDENT using a PROFANITY OMG! are now flying "FJB" flags and such. They claim to be "patriots" and accuse Democrats of being communist and then are cheering on Putin. They want to push anti-choice legislation while supporting a dude who wanted his younger daughter aborted. They want to eliminate any government spending to help people in need, while supporting a dude who bled TONS of their tax money away straight into his own pockets. They are against "big tech" and "big Pharma" while cheering on the owners of those companies when they agree with them. They want to push religiosity on the country, by claiming freedom of religion, while simultaneously supporting oppression of any religion that isn't their own. 

I just don't get it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I just started the book: I Never Thought of it That Way. 

In this timely, personal guide, Mónica, the chief storyteller for the national cross-partisan depolarization organization Braver Angels, takes you to the real front lines of a crisis that threatens to grind America to a halt—broken conversations among confounded people. 

Has Anyone here read it?

My parents were big Trump supporters and since Biden’s election, they have backed off on calling me. It’s really too bad as they are quite old. I’d say between age and anger, they are brainwashed-

I added that to my reading list. It sounds interesting. 

Trump has put such a spell on people that they turn on anyone who doesn’t worship him. A woman I know was shunned by other homeschool moms for saying Trump was crude and didn’t show the fruits of the spirit. She, a conservative homeschooling mother is viewed as an evil liberal by Trump supporters. Which is just insane!  How do we even begin having conversations with Trump supporters when they seem to view adoration of him as an essential part of their sense of self? He is a huge part of these people’s identity and criticism of him is viewed as criticism of them. There has to be a way to deprogram these people, but I have no idea what it is. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Definitely Obama and Kanye : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/15/obama-kanye-west-mtv

But yeah I could see GWBush saying the same thing.

I mean, Kanye IS actually a jackass IMO and in need of desperate mental health treatment besides. But still, there was pearl clutching from people who now can't get enough of Trump's rhetoric.

Other things of course do bother me more, but this is a symptom. People who were horrified by the idea of a PRESIDENT using a PROFANITY OMG! are now flying "FJB" flags and such. They claim to be "patriots" and accuse Democrats of being communist and then are cheering on Putin. They want to push anti-choice legislation while supporting a dude who wanted his younger daughter aborted. They want to eliminate any government spending to help people in need, while supporting a dude who bled TONS of their tax money away straight into his own pockets. They are against "big tech" and "big Pharma" while cheering on the owners of those companies when they agree with them. They want to push religiosity on the country, by claiming freedom of religion, while simultaneously supporting oppression of any religion that isn't their own. 

I just don't get it.

I just couldn’t let this comment go by without telling you that you nailed it right there in the last paragraph. And the problem is that sort of ILlogic is very difficult to overcome or reason with. I could never understand how the religious right would ever support a candidate Trump. But I guess money and power override even Jesus and the good book, for some people. How can people justify Trump’s words, behaviors and lifestyle?????

• Upvote 9

I think the big thing is that these people are against social progress.  They feel very threatened that they might end up in the minority and they hate change..  They'd vote for the devil himself if it meant that they didn't have to hear about gays and they didn't have to worry about someone getting an abortion.  The want to retreat to the 1950's when they could be hateful to people of color without being challenged and when they didn't hear anyone speaking Spanish in their local grocery store.  That's why they shut down if you confront them about their hypocrisy over Trump.  Trump symbolizes their last grasp at turning back the clock.  They won't let that go easily.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic