IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 15: More Information Is Being Revealed About The Big Lie

GreyhoundFan

One Edward Vallejo of Phoenix, Arizona who got caught trying to obstruct justice on the jailhouse phone. 

An Oath Keepers member jailed earlier this year in the sprawling seditious conspiracy case tried to obstruct justice in a pair of jailhouse phone calls recorded on the evening before his bail hearing, federal prosecutors said.

The allegations concerning the jailhouse tapes was filed on Thursday, in order to supplement the government’s case that Vallejo should remain in jail.

“In addition to being a danger to the community, Vallejo appears to be obstructing justice even while held and communicating on a recorded line,” prosecutors wrote, emphasizing those words in the filing. “If released, there are certainly no conditions that can assure that he would not attempt further obstruction.”

No doubt he said this right under the  sign that says all calls made from these phones are monitored and recorded.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

Another oaf keeper pleaded guilty

• Thank You 8

Trump election probe special grand jury selection begins

ATLANTA (AP) — Potential grand jurors have gathered at the Fulton County courthouse in Atlanta on Monday for the seating of a special grand jury in the investigation into whether former President Donald Trump and others illegally tried to influence the 2020 election in Georgia.

The investigation has been underway since early last year, and Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis earlier this year requested a special grand jury to help it along.

In a letter to the chief judge of the county Superior Court, she noted that the special grand jury would be able to issue subpoenas to people who have refused to cooperate otherwise.

The chief judge ordered the special grand jury to be seated for a period of up to a year, beginning Monday.

• Thank You 11

Something huge dropped yesterday (Tuesday) or maybe Monday, but is being completely eclipsed by the SCOTUS Roe v Wade draft leak.

Some background via Chad Wolf's WIKI: Chad Fredrick Wolf is a former lobbyist and former American government official who was named the acting United States secretary of homeland security in November 2019. His appointment was ruled unlawful in November 2020. 

If you want to get into the weeds: Federal judge rules acting DHS head Chad Wolf unlawfully appointed, invalidates DACA suspension  (DACA refers to those who were brought to the US as children and are often referred to as Dreamers). 

But that's not what this is about.  Turns out that Chad is more of a dick than anyone knew.  This is from Rolling Stone, but many outlets are reporting on this. 

Homeland Security Secretary Altered Report on Russian Election Interference to Help Trump, Watchdog Says  The DHS inspector general’s office found that Chad Wolf and his employees made “changes that appear to be based in part on political considerations”

The unlawfully acting head of Dept. of Homeland Security covered up clear evidence of Russian interference in the election to help out Trump!  Yup, the unlawful acting head of Dept. of Homeland Security, tasked with *checks notes* keeping us secure helped the Russians help out Trump.

This is so utterly corrupt. Will there charges brought against Chad Wolf and his aides accomplices?  I doubt it.  I think it would fall under a "subersive act" but it's not treason or sedition as far as I can tell from a simple reading of those two activities. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

Another Idiot Out Wandering Around was arrested for taking part in the January 6 terrorist attack. 

Chad Heathcote, of Adel, was arrested Wednesday on is charged with two federal felonies: entering and remaining in a restricted building with intent to impede or disrupt an official proceeding and disorderly or disruptive conduct in the Capitol. 

Court records don’t indicate whether he has an attorney. In charging documents, an FBI agent said witnesses came forward about Heathcote after he bragged in social media postings about being at the Capitol that day and was identified in photos shown in television reports. 

Agent Tyler Johnson said Heathcote’s cellphone data also indicated that he was inside the Capitol

God he’s even dumber than the other Iowa Branch Trumpvidians who got nabbed. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Pike actor Anson Mount defended the show using footage of the January 6 terrorist attack in the series.

Mount defended the inclusion of the footage in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter that was conducted before the premiere of Strange New Worlds.

The Hollywood Reporter’s Ryan Parker asked, “One surprising moment is when Capt. Pike shows footage of the breaking point just before mankind nearly destroyed itself in WWIII, which implied the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection had some part in the devastating collapse. How did you feel about that being included, knowing it will make some uncomfortable? ”

Mount answered, “I hope it does. We knew we wanted to go there.”

He concluded, “Part of Star Trek is staying relevant without preaching. And I think that we did exactly that.”

Of course all the basement dwelling keyboard warriors are whining away in the comments section.  Fuck 'em. 

• Thank You 10

I'm sorry, but any time spent on UFO's is idiotic when it is needed for investigations into the current onslaught against democracy. That should be everyone's number 1 priority, until the clear and present danger the GOP poses to the US is averted.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I'm sorry, but any time spent on UFO's is idiotic when it is needed for investigations into the current onslaught against democracy. That should be everyone's number 1 priority, until the clear and present danger the GOP poses to the US is averted.

UFOs are a really interesting phenomenon and I do think someone should be at least looking at them - simply because chances are they aren't extraterrestrials. They are more likely to be some sort of military action we don't know about, or some scientific thing, or a combo of a scientific phenomenon and optical illusions, or something like that. Still, I agree they should not be a prime focus. Start with the stuff we know about, like Russia's interference in our elections. Figure out what the heck is going on with the GOP that they are completely off the rails. Kick a little funding to NASA or "space force" or give a grant to a university lab or something to work on the flying lights and stuff. 

I'm convinced if there are intelligent creatures out flying around the galaxy, they've got a giant detour sign around our planet. Probably our whole solar system. Big galactic sign saying "DANGER - inhabitants of blue planet are uncontacted and unstable. Debris abounds. Use caution!"

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

UFOs are a really interesting phenomenon and I do think someone should be at least looking at them - simply because chances are they aren't extraterrestrials. They are more likely to be some sort of military action we don't know about, or some scientific thing, or a combo of a scientific phenomenon and optical illusions, or something like that. Still, I agree they should not be a prime focus. Start with the stuff we know about, like Russia's interference in our elections. Figure out what the heck is going on with the GOP that they are completely off the rails. Kick a little funding to NASA or "space force" or give a grant to a university lab or something to work on the flying lights and stuff. 

I'm convinced if there are intelligent creatures out flying around the galaxy, they've got a giant detour sign around our planet. Probably our whole solar system. Big galactic sign saying "DANGER - inhabitants of blue planet are uncontacted and unstable. Debris abounds. Use caution!"

Agreed that UFO'S are an interesting phenomenon. However, as there has been no congressional inquiries into them for the last 50 years, I really don't understand the sudden interest now. 

Unless it really are little green space aliens pulling the right wing strings...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

52 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

BB9765D9-4E1B-4E71-8E4D-FBDE4C010EA1.jpeg.1f4f54eb7e989d97e8a497897b2c1444.jpeg

33F89062-B800-4FF1-BD1A-DA52AD4E7AF4.jpeg.b2c2da5e87879dc2b407b491c5be1660.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

It's because committee 1 has the direction to investigate the political issues and committee 2 doesn't.  Committee 2 stopping work wouldn't help progress the work of committee 1.  

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It's because committee 1 has the direction to investigate the political issues and committee 2 doesn't.  Committee 2 stopping work wouldn't help progress the work of committee 1.  

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But these are exceptional times and the US are under threat of its very survival. Any and all resources should be used to counter that threat. The resources of one single committee may not be enough to act in adequately in time. Pooling resources could aid the timeliness of necessary action.

• Upvote 3

Of course the basement dwelling BTs are complaining about what Star Trek is doing to someone whose only connection is being married to someone who appeared on Star Trek.

Anne is married to Wil Wheaton (aka Wesley Crusher).  She later mentioned that she didn't realize how much of a thing "toxic fandom" was up until now.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But these are exceptional times and the US are under threat of its very survival. Any and all resources should be used to counter that threat. The resources of one single committee may not be enough to act in adequately in time. Pooling resources could aid the timeliness of necessary action.

Understanding it's extraordinary times, but governments have their processes and legalities set and one of the reasons is to safeguard processes.  Just as Trump tried to evade processes and that's what landed us here, if the Democrats now try to evade or change processes, it leaves the way open to chaotic abandonment in the future.  The way it's set up legally, they can't do that.  You get into misappropriation of funds and such things.  They'd spend more time wrangling over which committees would lose members and funding temporarily than they'd gain in resources.  No one can just walk in and say you five people take your committee and money and go over there and help those other people out.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 5

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f0f41a3ad76cd058f31636a2dc566438.png

image.thumb.png.6e7f894eb24013557b93148ad207f7fa.png

Rest of the thread 👇

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.04dda8e4f4f7e3839c788601459e2673.png

image.thumb.png.d8c328e18a49c6cabe8e5ea70285f637.png

• Thank You 8

This just happened

The House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol is taking the extraordinary step of sending subpoenas to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and four other Republican lawmakers who have rejected the panel's requests to voluntarily cooperate.

In addition to McCarthy, the Democrat-led panel is subpoenaing Republican Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mo Brooks of Alabama, Andy Biggs of Arizona and Scott Perry of Pennsylvania.

"The Select Committee has learned that several of our colleagues have information relevant to our investigation into the attack on January 6th and the events leading up to it," the panel's chairman, Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi, said in a statement. "Before we hold our hearings next month, we wished to provide members the opportunity to discuss these matters with the committee voluntarily."

"Regrettably, the individuals receiving subpoenas today have refused and we're forced to take this step to help ensure the committee uncovers facts concerning January 6th," he continued. "We urge our colleagues to comply with the law, do their patriotic duty, and cooperate with our investigation as hundreds of other witnesses have done."

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

17 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I find it very funny that Trump, who liked to throw his power around like crazy when he was POTUS, is entirely impotent when it comes to whether Biden can waive executive privilege over the records that very likely implicate him.  I have no doubt he cannot understand why he can no longer claim executive privilege and why the records don't belong to HIM but instead to the government.  How is it this guy managed to surround himself with such a busload of buffoons that no one explained the basic concept of records belonging to the government to him?  (But to be fair, maybe it was his explained to him- maybe even many times- but words with more than two syllables were used.)

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I find it very funny that Trump, who liked to throw his power around like crazy when he was POTUS, is entirely impotent when it comes to whether Biden can waive executive privilege over the records that very likely implicate him.  I have no doubt he cannot understand why he can no longer claim executive privilege and why the records don't belong to HIM but instead to the government.  How is it this guy managed to surround himself with such a busload of buffoons that no one explained the basic concept of records belonging to the government to him?  (But to be fair, maybe it was his explained to him- maybe even many times- but words with more than two syllables were used.)

Remember though this is the same guy who looks directly at a solar eclipse. It's also the same guy who insisted that China was shooting hurricanes at us.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Remember though this is the same guy who looks directly at a solar eclipse. It's also the same guy who insisted that China was shooting hurricanes at us.

But wind turbines totally give you cancer, right?  That one is true.  Tucker Carlson told me on the tv. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

And toilet spins, right?! I remember something about 14 flushes

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

And toilet spins, right?! I remember something about 14 flushes

Trump's so full of shit I'm not suprised if he had to flush that many times. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

And who would have known hurricanes are wet from the standpoint of water, if Trump hadn't said it?

• Upvote 4

On 5/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, Audrey2 said:

And wanted to bomb Notre Dame Cathedral with water when it was on fire even though it would have done more harm than good.  And fondled that big lighted globe the Saudis presented to him. 

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And fondled that big lighted globe the Saudis presented to him. 

IIRC, Saudi Arabia -- one of the most repressive regimes in the world -- was his first international trip. 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic