IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 15: More Information Is Being Revealed About The Big Lie

GreyhoundFan

22 hours ago, Howl said:

The article linked in this tweet is a long one, but worth a read if you want to take a deep dive into the lead up to and day of drama with not deploying the National Guard.  There's a possible third reason the Guard was not deployed:  fears that Trump would seize on the situation and "re-mission" the National Guard troops to potentially declare martial law or otherwise interfere with the vote counting. 

According to reports, even Pompeo was concerned. 

Recall that on Jan. 3, 2021, all 10  past Secretaries of Defense were sufficiently alarmed that they collectively signed a letter, published in the Washington Post, stating in forceful terms that Biden had won the election, calling for a peaceful transfer of power, with an emphasis on military restraint. The letter was at Dick Cheney's behest. 

It is stunning to me that the Trumpers in my life are simultaneously the people who think every person in the military deserves blind allegiance and the label “hero” (and can’t shut up about their ill-informed hated of Colin Kapernick) but at the same time not only say those Secretaries of Defense were out of line when I confront them with that letter, but in three cases actually called them “traitors.” They would turn against any highly respected and even highly decorated military personnel who spoke out against Trump. One person who actually said our country “owed” John McCain the presidency because of his heroic service and what he endured and there shouldn’t even be an election, later said that Trump had “a really good point” when he called John McCain a “loser” for being captured. Obama’s lack of military service? “Chickenshit.” Trump’s “He had more important things to do.” The willingness to mentally twist is incredible. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 6

"Jan. 6 committee has spoken with former Trump attorney general Barr, chairman says"

Former attorney general William P. Barr has spoken with the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, the committee chairman said Sunday, a further indication that several former Trump administration officials are cooperating with the panel even as others are fighting efforts to compel their testimony.

“We’ve had conversations with the former attorney general already. We have talked to Department of Defense individuals,” Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.), the chairman of the committee, said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

The bipartisan House panel is investigating the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob trying to stop the confirmation of Joe Biden’s electoral college win, an attack that resulted in the deaths of one police officer and four others and injured about 140 members of law enforcement.

It is unclear what has been discussed between the committee and Barr, who stepped down as attorney general in the weeks before Jan. 6, 2021. Barr had been closely allied with Trump through most of his tenure at the Department of Justice but resigned in December 2020 after publicly disputing claims of widespread election fraud.

Thompson was asked Sunday if he intended to ask Barr about a draft of a Trump executive order, first reported by Politico last week, that would have directed the defense secretary to seize voting machines in battleground states. Thompson said he did, though he acknowledged the plan was only in draft form and never became operational.

“We are concerned that our military was part of this big lie on promoting that the election was false,” Thompson told CBS News. “So, if you are using the military to potentially seize voting machines, even though it’s a discussion, the public needs to know. We’ve never had that before.”

The draft executive order is believed to be one of the documents former president Donald Trump went to court to try to block from release. The document was among hundreds of pages provided to the committee by the National Archives last week, after the Supreme Court rejected Trump’s arguments. Trump has baselessly claimed for more than a year that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him. (There has been no evidence of widespread voter fraud affecting the election’s outcome.)

So far, it appears the committee, made up of seven Democrats and two Republicans, has not asked Barr about that draft executive order, according to a person familiar with the committee’s work, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters. Barr could not be reached for comment Sunday. The former attorney general plans to publish a book soon about his time in the George W. Bush and Trump administrations, where he will touch on “the 2020 election fallout,” among other topics, according to his publisher.

The committee has ramped up its investigation in recent months, seeking voluntary cooperation from — and also issuing subpoenas to — several members of Trump’s orbit, from members of his former legal team to Fox News host Sean Hannity. Last week the committee requested voluntary testimony from Ivanka Trump, the former president’s eldest daughter and White House adviser, saying that other witnesses have indicated she may have direct knowledge of Trump’s actions before, during and after the insurrection.

“The Committee would like to discuss any other conversations you may have witnessed or participated in regarding the President’s plan to obstruct or impede the counting of electoral votes,” Thompson wrote in his request to Ivanka Trump.

The committee’s conversations with Barr have been informal, according to a committee staffer who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters. The committee’s contact with Barr started last year as the committee sought more information about the activities of former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark, who encouraged the department to intervene after the election.

When Clark was called before the panel last year, he declined to answer questions, citing executive privilege and attorney-client privilege. According to a transcript of a committee deposition, lawmakers had intended to ask Clark about his communications and discussions with Trump, along with efforts by the former president to install Clark as acting attorney general.

“We then wanted to talk specifically about efforts that he took, proposed that the Department take with respect to election fraud,” said panel member Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), according to the transcript.

In addition, the committee has already interviewed Barr’s successor, Jeffrey Rosen. Rosen also took questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee for a separate probe into Trump’s efforts to influence the Justice Department. Clark is expected to return for questioning before the Jan. 6 committee in the near future.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Newt is threatening that if the GQP takes the House in 2022, Dems will be arrested. Why the hell can't he just go away?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Newt is threatening that if the GQP takes the House in 2022, Dems will be arrested. Why the hell can't he just go away?

Good grief. Is he so decrepit that he doesn't know that the House is legislative, and not executive? What an idiot...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Good grief. Is he so decrepit that he doesn't know that the House is legislative, and not executive? What an idiot...

He's totes into unlimited power if you have a magic "R" behind your name. Oh, and declaring trump emperor for all time.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Actions have consequences...

image.png.bd5d298cef32013b41291e9a8ecda02c.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 2

On 1/22/2022 at 8:02 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

It is stunning to me that the Trumpers in my life are simultaneously the people who think every person in the military deserves blind allegiance and the label “hero” (and can’t shut up about their ill-informed hated of Colin Kapernick) but at the same time not only say those Secretaries of Defense were out of line when I confront them with that letter, but in three cases actually called them “traitors.” They would turn against any highly respected and even highly decorated military personnel who spoke out against Trump. One person who actually said our country “owed” John McCain the presidency because of his heroic service and what he endured and there shouldn’t even be an election, later said that Trump had “a really good point” when he called John McCain a “loser” for being captured. Obama’s lack of military service? “Chickenshit.” Trump’s “He had more important things to do.” The willingness to mentally twist is incredible. 

Not just tying themselves in knots military-wise, anything Trump. A relative of mine will rail about "illegals don't pay taxes and refugees don't pay taxes for years!" When I pointed it that has tax returns that have been published indicate that Trump didn't pay taxes for years? "That's being smart!" 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 4

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

A relative of mine will rail about "illegals don't pay taxes and refugees don't pay taxes for years!"

Texas doesn't have a state income tax, so everything, except groceries and meds, is taxed.  The Texas economy would instantly implode if every undocumented person was deported, because most undocumented people are working and contributing to the economy and PAYING TAXES on everything they buy.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

Well color me surprised. Not.

We’ll be hearing more and more 5th pleaders in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Well color me surprised. Not.

We’ll be hearing more and more 5th pleaders in the coming weeks.

The second amendment in the 5th seem to be the only two parts of the Constitution they've heard of or understand.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Thread on the Oath Keepers court case:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

18 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Not just tying themselves in knots military-wise, anything Trump. A relative of mine will rail about "illegals don't pay taxes and refugees don't pay taxes for years!" When I pointed it that has tax returns that have been published indicate that Trump didn't pay taxes for years? "That's being smart!" 

I've heard that sort of thing too. Like, they totally think everyone should pay their part, except if Trump and super wealthy people don't, because that's just "being smart". 

What it tells me, is that the person saying that sort of thing would absolutely cheat, lie, and steal if they could get away with it, and they admire the wealthy people who do. 

It's interesting that it's always Republicans, IME. The ones who are all pro-police, pro-death penalty, "law and order", etc... the reason they are that way? They assume that without strict penalties and armed police around to threaten people, everyone else would immediately go lawless and start looting everything and shooting people they don't like, and such. Because that's what THEY would do, if they could get away with it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

This ruling is huge. It effectively decapitates the GOP's challenges of the Jan 6 Committee legitimacy.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

On 1/24/2022 at 5:31 PM, Becky said:

:violin:  My tiny violin, let me play it for him.  

Too big. :pb_lol:

• Haha 9

Another Branch Trumpvidian terrorist from Iowa has been charged in the January 6 attack

Court documents, which were filed with the D.C. District Court, show Kenneth Rader, of Sioux City, faces four charges: Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority, Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building, and Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building.

Federal prosecutors say two days after the capitol riots, a tipster, who identified himself as one of Rader’s family members, said Rader had been sharing videos of himself on Capitol grounds, and inside the Capitol building, on January 6th.

In subsequent interviews, a member of Rader’s family, and another “tipster” told investigators Rader did, in fact, attend the capitol riots. But, none of the videos Rader shared showed him inside the Capitol building. An FBI special agent, who was investigating the case, reviewed

A review of Verizon cell phone records showed Rader’s device inside the Capitol building, on January 6th, as well.

Yep so not only did his own family turn him in, but so did his own cell phone. 

Hope he's going away for a while.

• Upvote 11

20 hours ago, smittykins said:

Too big. :pb_lol:

E3CA5647-3508-4CB1-A16D-D2C3A198A079.thumb.jpeg.19dd581a90a2860700cbf672c30b90f5.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.9c888641968dd85f9479862df782c6d2.png

But she TOTES means it this time! 

• Upvote 5

image.png.173b6406a2764e4c5f116ecd07d23779.png

Continues under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.088a0d94faa4f93ef5312d513701be11.png

image.png.7bf8915d5999579a29b486b7f4923523.png

image.png.968d25d81caf12171407bbb52232d667.png

image.png.19fb01c0f9e7897c8f8ea794121de07b.png

image.png.34379af0137772dbe9b945659e332596.png

image.png.1ff50e4b516c45910975a78c13c09e7a.png

image.png.da6b8a6dbd674cb6e2ce24f8dd33d7f8.png

image.png.b4211209b0f59a51318f0f2a010ebf87.png

image.png.27ff74fbfe60f70f14629da334f74aa0.png

image.png.0344cee01dd7b5ed59f2821fe5486037.png

• Thank You 10

image.png.d0d96b4e02bf7a445585f04904f0b234.png

image.png.38767778bf021d3f85613945cb8ebc14.png

Continues under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.2482cc13d1e6b01691b92bdab4524e75.png

image.png.fec820c19382b10d7ccb042b89b49b66.png

image.png.3cbfccab8f195b63d447490da3913fc3.png

image.png.0e0c287e10b347a72b3b26eefeecefc5.png

image.png.af6ef4a5db494f790c8082adf41ff481.png

image.png.4f07e6a02ec79618187b9137bb422e0d.png

image.png.f98d8c4aaf2715f662db08fd5169b2ad.png

image.png.49e98ac1ceb474b17d102bd834236cfa.png

This makes me angry -- they should have gotten more than a slap on the wrist.

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3

Not sure where to place this but I guess it might work here.  I just read that the Magnitsky Act sunsets at the end of this year.  It would make sense that Putin would have tried anything to keep Trump in power in order to make sure that the Magnitsky Act didn't get renewed.  Obama did an excellent job of tying up dirty Russian money.  

From Wikipedia:  

"The Magnitsky Act, formally known as the Russia and Moldova Jackson–Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012, is a bipartisan bill passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama in December 2012, intending to punish Russian officials responsible for the death of Russian tax lawyer Sergei Magnitsky in a Moscow prison in 2009 and also to grant permanent normal trade relations status to Russia.

Since 2016, the bill, which applies globally, authorizes the U.S. government to sanction those it sees as human rights offenders, freeze their assets, and ban them from entering the U.S."

• Upvote 6

Founder and head of Oath Keepers, Stewart Rhodes,  arrested for seditious conspiracy this week, has now been denied bail. 

My spidey senses tell me that this is going to put a serious quietus on Oath Keepers.  They may continue to be belligerent key board warriors, but none of them want to spent time in jail and certainly not prison. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic