IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 47: Serial SM Commenter Anna Silent on Family Posts Lately. I Wonder Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Agree I never thought Joshley was interested either.  And maybe he knew that.  But living in the TTH, he didn't have much choice and going along was probably a survival thing just like a lot of kids who are raised in a religious environment, regardless of any religion/denomination.  All hell would break loose if you made any indication that you weren't into it.

I wasn't raised fundie but parents were religious, raised us in the church, they were more than regular churchgoers, but active on church council, women's circle, Dad was elder, etc.   By teenage years, I realized I wasn't that into it.  I had some belief but honestly as I progressed in my education, certain beliefs like heaven/hell for example, weren't believable any more.  Of course, I couldn't tell my family that.  But once I left home, I basically quit church because I didn't have to do it anymore.  

Now that Joshley will be completely separated from his family, it will be interesting to see what he does.  Some folks predict he will do some sort of ministry but I wouldn't be surprised if there's....nothing. 

If Josh does some “ministry” it will be in order to ingratiate himself with the prison authorities and/or the chaplain and to get status and possible perks.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14

Some recent comments from Reddit in regards to the sin in the camp storyline from the guy who testified at the trial as a computer expert and from Justin from the I Pray Podcast. I know there’s another comment from an alleged relative of the Holts somewhere too but I couldn’t find it with a brief look through the AMA. D3EAE2ED-AC2C-4021-95A9-4DB02301A209.thumb.jpeg.ff71c13129b741264391829a62f5d10c.jpeg

60F57E9F-B1CE-4E00-A538-9291750CDF4F.jpeg

1023C023-C205-4BD2-9226-970514E8415C.jpeg

7D7EDF5B-C062-457D-8948-965F2C24E23F.jpeg

E0D380DF-0C7C-46AA-AC9D-7165B445D7FA.jpeg

2C2704EA-8473-4DE7-9CB0-3F3EAE75F53B.jpeg

Edited by FleeJanaFree
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 17

20 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

If Josh does some “ministry” it will be in order to ingratiate himself with the prison authorities and/or the chaplain and to get status and possible perks.  

I believe he'll initially develop a relationship with a prison minister either known to Pa Keller or who would become known to Pa Keller.  This could enable communication between him and Anna and the kids, allowing for birthday messages, words of encouragement, and - especially - allowing Anna to claim that Josh is still a believer, loves them, and is remaining loyal.  It would be good for the kids and might help Josh communicate any particular concerns he has to the outside world, with some hope of assistance.

I can't picture Josh doing ministry but agree, if he did, that he'd be doing it for his benefit here vs. in heaven.

• Upvote 12

Josh will definitely claim to be a believer in jail, so he has ppl to send him money and gifts. I’ll be interested what he’ll do when he gets out. Probably play the Christian redeemed character , but I think there’s a (yes, small) chance he’ll say F this and split.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Josh will definitely claim to be a believer in jail, so he has ppl to send him money and gifts. I’ll be interested what he’ll do when he gets out. Probably play the Christian redeemed character , but I think there’s a (yes, small) chance he’ll say F this and split.

Why not both? Larp the believer in order to secure favors and hard to get items / cash for prison, and prepare to run the heck away once the gets out. He will have a few years in there ahead of him, and so will she. :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, nniikkii said:

Since we pretty much knew she was spending every night with him at the Rebers, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she had quit nursing the newest M so that she could leave her at "home" with Jana and spend all her nights with Josh trying to make another one before he went off to the (other) Big House.

Have we seen it confirmed that she was spending nights at the Rebers? 

• Upvote 11

21 minutes ago, caitrona said:

Have we seen it confirmed that she was spending nights at the Rebers? 

I would be interested in this too!  So far what I've seen is speculation on the Jana thread that she got cited for an M wondering at night while Anna was with Josh at the Rebers.  I've not seen any evidence of this, or even confirmation that it was an Mkid wondering.  I think that's where the assumption that Anna was living at the Rebers comes from.

If anyone has confirmation instead of speculation, I'd be really grateful.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

18 hours ago, Destiny said:

If anyone wants to see the birth of FJ, it’s here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140405022809/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3120234-14-children-and-pregnant-again/page-134

Interestingly, it was Jacob and Sars not Howard that were the heavies that caused it.

That was fun to read! Thank you.

Also, FJ is almost exactly the same age as my eldest child! 

I will probably always remember that date/year now because I was in (very) early labor then. I always tended to be in labor for several days to a couple weeks before my babies were actually born (and never again, Rufus Bless).

Edited by GiggleOfGirls
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2

23 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Was Josh allowed to bring a Bible or would he have had to buy one or get one from the library/bookstore?  

Even here in heathen Massachusetts, every jail and prison chaplain will give incarcerated people Bibles (or Qurans—don’t know how easy it is to find scriptures of other religious traditions “in stock,” so to speak). I’m sure in Arkansas there are Bibles for everyone who wants them, and maybe for some who don’t.

• Upvote 8

On 12/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, Jana814 said:

I’m not surprised that Jim-Bob lost his election. 

Read that too quickly. E-Lection. Slow down, Niki. Not sure he ever loses the other.

• Haha 31
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Dysfundamental said:

Even here in heathen Massachusetts, every jail and prison chaplain will give incarcerated people Bibles (or Qurans—don’t know how easy it is to find scriptures of other religious traditions “in stock,” so to speak). I’m sure in Arkansas there are Bibles for everyone who wants them, and maybe for some who don’t.

What I wonder is if he could bring his own and/or choose the translation he preferred.  (The Duggars are very KJV, but I suspect mainstream prison chaplains would have more readable editions.*)

*I love the KJV— it’s sometimes called “the only literary masterpiece written by a committee.” However, Early Modern English is hard for the average reader and people who seriously want Christians to understand the Bible tend to prefer more modern versions, like the NIV.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Agree. He will work any angle he can.  He's used to manipulation.  Whether he can trick prison guards is another story.  They are way used to criminals trying their shit.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

More on the non-disclosure agreements: Why does Amy have one? Why does Amy's mom have one? Did G'ma Mary have one? Were the NDAs set up by JB or TLC and were they given money for signing? (Of course if so, Amy couldn't "disclose" that part at this time.) What do they know that necessitates having NDAs? (Potential courtships? Pregnancies?) The fact that a sister and niece of JB each have one is weird, unless it is a standard thing TLC does for adjunct returning "characters" in the programs. Did Amy's dad, who appeared in at least one episode, have one? Did other recurring "characters" have them, like David and Priscilla Waller, the Kellers, Derick's mom, Ma Spivey, other in-laws? Does anyone know or do we have to wait until Amy gets out of hers or it is expired in order to find out?

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Holy cats! I was a registered member of TVWP but I can't remember my user name. I'm not sure when I started with FJ but I was a lurker - never registered until just 2017? maybe? What I remember the most: for a period of five years or so I took locums jobs that were either two or three months in duration, often in foreign countries or remote parts of the US. I spent HOURS on FJ and a couple of other fundie / reality show snarking most nights as I couldn't bring anyone with me. FJ got me through a lot of lonely nights. The other site I spent hours on was Askville (not fundie-related). Anyone remember that? 

I registered and read, commented a few times but the chastising drove me nuts,  not just on the Duggat thread, it was just like that there.  I found FJ after a few years of not reading anything,  then lurking here for a few years finally signing up in 2015.   It's hard to believe how long I've been paying attention to these people!  

• Upvote 6

Am I alone in seeing social media articles about J’Perv and automatically skipping them, thinking, “I got better info off FJ”?

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Am I alone in seeing social media articles about J’Perv and automatically skipping them, thinking, “I got better info off FJ”?

Minor leagues!   We're professionals  :)

Edited by Beermeet
Fixed bunk smiley face
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

I laugh when I open a family member’s IG and see a photo of J’convict and the words GUILTY… and the thumb’s up sign or the words good in all CAPS. You go random niece or SIL-

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I just got diagnosed with COVID but at least Josh is in prison

Oh no!   How do you feel?  Hope it's mild and just goes away!  Take care 😷

I think that a lot!  At least Josh is in prison.  JB lost. Derick and Amy on the loose . Life is pretty good. 

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 7

2 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Oh no!   How do you feel?  Hope it's mild and just goes away!  Take care 😷

I’m more pissed that I have it than anything. I am vaxxed, boosted, rarely go out, and mask when I do. Symptoms: wicked bad cough, headache, on and off congestion, and an utter lack of taste or smell which is so off putting. So far nothing too concerning. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 44

20 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Damn it. Get better, quickly.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I’m more pissed that I have it than anything. I am vaxxed, boosted, rarely go out, and mask when I do. Symptoms: wicked bad cough, headache, on and off congestion, and an utter lack of taste or smell which is so off putting. So far nothing too concerning. 

I mean, no shit?!   I'm same as you but don't have the Covid.  I'd be pissed off too!  Wtaf. And, why are you actually sick with the no taste?  Just...aggghhhh.  So annoying.   Feel better and get your vitamins and the chicken soup, garlic and hotter peppers since you can't taste anyway. It's good for this. Steamy showers lasting at least 20 minutes.  ❤

• Upvote 2
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I mean, no shit?!   I'm same as you but don't have the Covid.  I'd be pissed off too!  Wtaf. And, why are you actually sick with the no taste?  Just...aggghhhh.  So annoying.   Feel better and get your vitamins and the chicken soup, garlic and hotter peppers since you can't taste anyway. It's good for this. Steamy showers lasting at least 20 minutes.  ❤

Thank you ❤️ And @SassyPants 

I am very glad it is so “minor” (ie I am not in hospital), but I also literally had the flu two weeks ago so I basically am having the worst month of my life. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 12
  • Love 25

11 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Hope your feel better. I had it in February it took me a full 2 weeks to feel better. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic