IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 47: Serial SM Commenter Anna Silent on Family Posts Lately. I Wonder Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

On 12/16/2021 at 9:16 AM, imokit said:

Not as good as the news about Josh.  He's in prison didn't you know?😉

This needs to become an inside joke that is brought up repeatedly, like "Did you know that JD is a pilot?"

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 13

10 minutes ago, snickerz said:

This needs to become an inside joke that is brought up repeatedly, like "Did you know that JD is a pilot?"

Definitely! 

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, imokit said:

Definitely! 

I go about my day to day life, and every once in a while, no matter the stress and aggravation of being a high risk person living in a pandemic, I remember that Josh Duggar is in jail, and I smile.

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

Just now, FiveAcres said:

I go about my day to day life, and every once in a while, no matter the stress and aggravation of being a high risk person living in a pandemic, I remember that Josh Duggar is in jail, and I smile.

The world is a little bit safer now. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The world is a little bit safer now. 

So true. Tontitown, Arkansas most especially. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, karenb4729 said:

I'm sure Anna and JB sent him off with a bible to read to keep him occupied.  I'm wondering what he will look like when we next see him at the sentencing.  

I read somewhere (off a government page) that in federal detention centers you won't be allowed visits from children if you have been committed as a sex offender.  Baby Madyson will never really know him.  His kids are going to be so messed up especially since they probably won't get any help from real professional counselors.  

I would guess video visits are okay for children.   This is probably to the good, since even if they could visit, it would be stressful.

Was Josh allowed to bring a Bible or would he have had to buy one or get one from the library/bookstore?  I noticed it said in the “what you can send” prisoners at the jail that you could send “paperbacks” but they couldn’t be addressed to specific prisoners, which suggests they are held in common.  Maybe they make an exception to the Bible.

48 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I would guess video visits are okay for children.   This is probably to the good, since even if they could visit, it would be stressful.

Was Josh allowed to bring a Bible or would he have had to buy one or get one from the library/bookstore?  I noticed it said in the “what you can send” prisoners at the jail that you could send “paperbacks” but they couldn’t be addressed to specific prisoners, which suggests they are held in common.  Maybe they make an exception to the Bible.

Left to his own devices and decision making, I’m not sure Josh is interested in reading a Bible.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 18

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Left to his own devices and decision making, I’m not sure Josh is interested in reading a Bible.

I have the feeling he never was interested in it. 

You can force your kids to act like they believe what you want them to believe, but you can't necessarily make them actually believe. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Also I finished the entire 14 Kids thread, and it appears that the JB SAYING sin in the camp was not in the episode at all, despite me being pretty sure I remember seeing it. Discussion of it starts on page 69 or so, but it’s in the context of a local rumor.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Destiny said:

If anyone wants to see the birth of FJ, it’s here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140405022809/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3120234-14-children-and-pregnant-again/page-134

Interestingly, it was Jacob and Sars not Howard that were the heavies that caused it.

Are you the last original standing? 

Are you the last original standing? 

I have no idea. Not everyone kept their TWOP username on Yuku (me being one of the ones that did not) and it was a LOOOOONG time ago. It doesn’t look like I ever actually even posted on the 14 Kids thread.

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN PERPENDICULAR YOU GUYS???? LOLOLOLOL!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I have no idea. Not everyone kept their TWOP username on Yuku (me being one of the ones that did not) and it was a LOOOOONG time ago. It doesn’t look like I ever actually even posted on the 14 Kids thread.

I was over in the Buffy threads, fighting Howard. Then my group did a move sort of like this our own forum after TWOP closed the Buffy threads. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Well, the Old Testament has some pretty hot stuff, if you can’t find anything else to read.  Josh probably doesn’t know that because he can’t read Early Modern English very well. (The Duggars believe that the KJV is the divinely inspired translation.) 😆

• Upvote 4

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

I was over in the Buffy threads, fighting Howard. Then my group did a move sort of like this our own forum after TWOP closed the Buffy threads. 

I would have sworn to you the whole time that Howard was the funkiller for the 14 Kids thread. It’s funny how the brain distorts things. I would have sworn to you that I could see the sin in the camp line and JB saying it, but as far as I can tell, unless it’s somewhere in 16 Kids, that memory is a false one. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I would have sworn to you the whole time that Howard was the funkiller for the 14 Kids thread. It’s funny how the brain distorts things. I would have sworn to you that I could see the sin in the camp line and JB saying it, but as far as I can tell, unless it’s somewhere in 16 Kids, that memory is a false one. 

Well, the podcaster that knew Josh said it was around the time they moved into the TTH right?

And Howard was so mean of course you thought it was she. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:
Well, the podcaster that knew Josh said it was around the time they moved into the TTH right?

It was being discussed in early 2005, after the first Christmas re-edit of the first special, but the source was a now-defunct blog. It was not in any of the three versions of the OG special. I’m working my way through 16 kids and Moving In right now, and on page 5, no mention of it, so I’m guessing that we’ve been running with a (probably true) rumor (but still a rumor) for 16 years.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

If anyone wants to see the birth of FJ, it’s here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140405022809/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3120234-14-children-and-pregnant-again/page-134

Interestingly, it was Jacob and Sars not Howard that were the heavies that caused it.

Holy cats! I was a registered member of TVWP but I can't remember my user name. I'm not sure when I started with FJ but I was a lurker - never registered until just 2017? maybe? What I remember the most: for a period of five years or so I took locums jobs that were either two or three months in duration, often in foreign countries or remote parts of the US. I spent HOURS on FJ and a couple of other fundie / reality show snarking most nights as I couldn't bring anyone with me. FJ got me through a lot of lonely nights. The other site I spent hours on was Askville (not fundie-related). Anyone remember that? 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

You can force your kids to act like they believe what you want them to believe, but you can't necessarily make them actually believe. 

So much this. I have known several families that pushed certain things onto their kids & their kids did something the complete opposite. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Howard was the main reason I stopped posting on the Duggar TWoP thread and came over here (I didn’t join TWoP until 2006).

And  @Destiny, don’t forget “Bankruptcy doesn’t mean you’re going to the bank…” :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Howard was the main reason I stopped posting on the Duggar TWoP thread and came over here (I didn’t join TWoP until 2006).

And  @Destiny, don’t forget “Bankruptcy doesn’t mean you’re going to the bank…” :pb_lol:

So you are one of the Originals!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Agree I never thought Joshley was interested either.  And maybe he knew that.  But living in the TTH, he didn't have much choice and going along was probably a survival thing just like a lot of kids who are raised in a religious environment, regardless of any religion/denomination.  All hell would break loose if you made any indication that you weren't into it.

I wasn't raised fundie but parents were religious, raised us in the church, they were more than regular churchgoers, but active on church council, women's circle, Dad was elder, etc.   By teenage years, I realized I wasn't that into it.  I had some belief but honestly as I progressed in my education, certain beliefs like heaven/hell for example, weren't believable any more.  Of course, I couldn't tell my family that.  But once I left home, I basically quit church because I didn't have to do it anymore.  

Now that Joshley will be completely separated from his family, it will be interesting to see what he does.  Some folks predict he will do some sort of ministry but I wouldn't be surprised if there's....nothing. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I don't think we'll be told what Joshley is doing in prison.  They won't want us to remember that he's in the Big big house.

When he's due for release, we'll get a load of bulshit about his prison ministry as they set him up for a redemption tour.

That is unless he uses prison to break free and divorce/stop pretending.

The Duggar parents will accept him back on his release if he's willing to play along.  (I don't know about all his siblings).  But while he's in, I expect no one will be talking about what he's up do.  Though I'm expecting Anna/the Duggar parents to dip toes back into instagram soon by including M&Ms in Christmas pics and gradually build up her presence.

• Upvote 15

On 12/12/2021 at 1:09 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I would be shocked if that were not the case.  Not that she's pregnant, but that they tried.

Since we pretty much knew she was spending every night with him at the Rebers, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she had quit nursing the newest M so that she could leave her at "home" with Jana and spend all her nights with Josh trying to make another one before he went off to the (other) Big House.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, imokit said:

I don't think we'll be told what Joshley is doing in prison.  They won't want us to remember that he's in the Big big house.

That would be the smart thing to do as far as PR, not remind people of where Joshley is and why.

However, they haven't made the smartest calls on things, like failing to get their son and daughters proper help, failing to report Josh to proper authorities which would result in sealing of his juvenile record and therefore would not be disclosed in 2015, thinking the Megyn Kelly interview was a good idea, and the latest: JB thinking that he could get away with saying he didn't recall events in court, which was totally unbelievable.   And even now I don't think that, with the clear exception of Jill, Joy, Jinger and their spouses, that they still fully grasp how serious Joshley's latest misdeeds are.  That he deserves to be where he is and where he's headed.

In spite of some pretty big reality checks, they still manage to live in their bubble and act accordingly so I would not be surprised if they decide to talk about Joshley's life in the Big House as some sort of proof that, IDK that he's redeemable?  That he's wrongly imprisoned while his family languishes without him?   They have made their share of public missteps that don't work in their favor and while there's no way to turn this past Joshgate around, based on past attempts, I think it's possible they could try to make some sort of spin on Joshley's prison life.

ETA:  The best thing this family can do for themselves and their community is to just disappear.  There's a point where you (general you) realize that the damage is done, you take your lumps and deal and they are long past that point.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic