IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 45: 19 Crimes and Counting; Found Guilty of Two of Them

HerNameIsBuffy

I just skipped seven pages because I saw that 'Guilty' photo off on the side bar and couldn't wait another second to find out if it was true. And...it IS true. Thank you, jury, for doing the right thing.

I'm so relieved by this verdict I'm in tears.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 21

2 minutes ago, imokit said:

I think they'll be worried Josh could be another Mark Salling.

After a guilty verdict, his mental state is going to plummet and he has nothing to loose (and nothing to gain for behaving).  His risk to others and himself, changed 10mins ago (when the verdict was read).

I firmly agree on this.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, imokit said:

I think they'll be worried Josh could be another Mark Salling.

After a guilty verdict, his mental state is going to plummet and he has nothing to loose (and nothing to gain for behaving).  His risk to others and himself, changed 10mins ago (when the verdict was read).

Yes, I can see him being a flight risk and possibly suicidal. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, cheeseandrice said:

So does he get to go back to the Rebers until sentencing? Or will he be remanded?

He was taken directly into custody until sentencing according to Anna Darling on twitter.   I guess the judge (rightly) considers him a risk to the public and/or flight or both. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I'm crying. I was so worried after the jury went home last night!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was too, now I think they just wanted a night to sit on it before making the final decision. It came quick this morning. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I have a strong sense that our Lord Rufus visited all the jurors in their dreams last night and gently explained that there was only one possible verdict.

:dramallama-nanner:

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 37
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

I'm so curious who in the family will speak out first, and how. It's going to be interesting to watch this going forward

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Guilty and detained! I bet Mrs. Reber is doing a happy dance right now!

Does anyone know if any family, besides Boob and his hair piece, came to court today?

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

From what I have read, now that he is guilty, CPS will be allowed to interview the M kids and Anna (or Boob) can't say no. 

Parents don’t have the option of saying no to CPS interviews with children if they’ve received a report of potential harm. CPS determine if the report is credible enough to warrant an investigation and interview - usually using a structured decision tree - but the parents willingness just isn’t relevant. The report of concern could come from a neighbor, or a court worker, or anyone. There are lots of reasons parents don’t want their kids interviewed - some of them perfectly valid ( i.e. very young children say all sorts of weird shit and easily misconstrue things)

But if the CPS worker feels it’s worth investigating - they will. If the M’s haven’t been interviewed yet it’s NOT because JB or Anna said no, it’s because the local agency felt there wasn’t a compelling reason, or never received a report or request to do so. And while we don’t know, it’s quite probable that at least some of the kids were interviewed and either a case wasn’t opened, or they are on some sort of monitoring with low-key resources. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 14

I need more information on "pretty emotional." Like, "You fucking sack of shit I can't believe I let you be around our daughters as long as I did" or "oh honey this is a travesty of justice I love you so much I'll love you forever I'll come to prison for you to make more babies so you can certainly have access to very young girls when you get out"?
Having observes Anna for years... Second.
  • Upvote 18
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 13

Just now, Queen Of Hearts said:

Guilty and detained! I bet Mrs. Reber is doing a happy dance right now!

Does anyone know if any family, besides Boob and his hair piece, came to court today?

Just JB today.  No Derrick or anyone else.  No point really, all the talking finished yesterday.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

Literally my thoughts and prayers are with and for the M kids. Who will protect them and do right by and for them? I want to have zero sympathy for Anna, but those kids need her healthy and present. Eff the grandparents.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Meanwhile, I'm over here frantically refreshing every server monitor we have. :tw_tired:

Would it help for some of us to log off? 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, FunFunFundie said:

I need more information on "pretty emotional." Like, "You fucking sack of shit I can't believe I let you be around our daughters as long as I did" or "oh honey this is a travesty of justice I love you so much I'll love you forever I'll come to prison for you to make more babies so you can certainly have access to very young girls when you get out"?

More like "Oh honey we are so persecuted, the devil planted a robot in space to hack your computer and planted a chip in your brain to touch your sisters inappropriately, but Christ was also persecuted so it just shows how godly you are"! 

• Upvote 15

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic