IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

nelliebelle1197

46 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think since he's a witness, he can't be there. Even if he wasn't witness, I didn't think he or Michelle would be there. Both of them are too cowardly. It's part of the whole way they're handling this problem; throw money at it, live in denial, and be ready to throw Josh under the bus and distance themselves if he's convicted. 

I'm surprised JB didn't send anyone like John David to watch the trial. Again though it goes with the strategy.

Jim Bob is no longer a witness, so he could be there. But why would he want to be?  He must still be feeling a bit sore at how the judge treated him. 😉

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Frankly, I am surprised it wasn't higher.  I would say at least half the people I know have seen at least one episode of the show, and we don't live locally.  I would think a lot more people in their community would have watched simply because they live there.

Yeah - I mean I don't go around talking about them, but when it's come up I've never met a person who didn't at least know "isn't that the super Christian family with a ton of kids?" when the name "Duggar" is mentioned. I'd expect in their local area between the tabloids, filming in town, and Jim Bob's political aspirations there'd be few people who haven't at least heard of them, and many if not most would have watched an episode at some point. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah - I mean I don't go around talking about them, but when it's come up I've never met a person who didn't at least know "isn't that the super Christian family with a ton of kids?" when the name "Duggar" is mentioned. I'd expect in their local area between the tabloids, filming in town, and Jim Bob's political aspirations there'd be few people who haven't at least heard of them, and many if not most would have watched an episode at some point. 

I'm made off hand snark about the Duggars irl and I'd say about half the people I know have heard of them.  Or will admit to knowing who they are, anyway.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My guess as to why there are no family members present, and Anna was not there when the CSA images were shown, is that they don't want to be confronted with what Josh was actually viewing. If they don't see it, they can -- at leat internally -- believe it can't possibly be as bad as all that. Confrontation with reality must be avoided at all costs, or they can't keep up the fantasy.

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 16

3 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

By this I mean that he has at least average intelligence, but he lacks common sense as it applies to the world outside his narrow frame of experience.

He hasn't learned from the mistakes he has made.  A lot of people do dumb things for whatever reasons and learn from the experience.   I know I have.   My folks tended to shelter me and my siblings too much and I made some mistakes because I didn't understand how the world outside the family bubble worked at times.   Nothing major or life changing, but sheer embarrassment was enough.  But Joshley does not seem to have learned from his mistakes, that there's the real world outside his fundie bubble that does not see his actions as OK.  And given the scope of his mistakes, he should have learned big time.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Jim Bob is no longer a witness, so he could be there. But why would he want to be?  He must still be feeling a bit sore at how the judge treated him. 😉

Was it this morning when the judge said his testimony wasn't credible?  If so maybe he needs some time to get his countenance back in order before he's seen in public.

It's also possible he and Michelle want to maintain plausible deniability in their own heads by not being there when the pics are shown.  Like when I was a toddler and would pull my dress up over my face because if I couldn't see you then you couldn't see me.  

I outgrew the lack of logic, but Michelle lives by it.

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

My guess as to why there are no family members present, and Anna was not there when the CSA images were shown, is that they don't want to be confronted with what Josh was actually viewing. If they don't see it, they can -- at leat internally -- believe it can't possibly be as bad as all that. Confrontation with reality must be avoided at all costs, or they can't keep up the fantasy.

Just cross posted with you saying the same.  I truly believe this is it.

3 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

He hasn't learned from the mistakes he has made.  A lot of people do dumb things for whatever reasons and learn from the experience.   I know I have.   My folks tended to shelter me and my siblings too much and I made some mistakes because I didn't understand how the world outside the family bubble worked at times.   Nothing major or life changing, but sheer embarrassment was enough.  But Joshley does not seem to have learned from his mistakes, that there's the real world outside his fundie bubble that does not see his actions as OK.  And given the scope of his mistakes, he should have learned big time.  

You learned from them because they were genuine mistakes.  Even big mistakes are learning experiences good people can use to grow.

He didn't make mistakes, he's a predator who did exactly what he set out to do.  I would bet every penny I have that he believes his only mistake was in getting caught.

Someone asked upthread and I may have missed an answer....feel free to smack me for asking to be spoonfed info but I can't scroll up until I get home.

If he's found guilty is he going to be taken into custody pending sentencing or will he still be allowed to go back to the Rebers?  To me the idea of letting him out once the verdict is in is insane, but I think the same about him being out this entire time so I'm not a good judge.

• Upvote 24

19 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Sore? What about shamed, embarrassed and mortified. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If so maybe he needs some time to get his countenance back in order before he's seen in public.

He must be beyond pissed that his pathetic "I don't recall" testimony didn't go over, that the judge didn't just agree because he, JB, said it.   And possibly he might have hurt his son's chances.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

This is interesting: He (Austin) 

sat in the last row and ignored Derick Dillard and Anna Duggar, who were also present, according to a Sun reporter who was at the trial today.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 15

3 minutes ago, JuanitaBanana said:

The Sun is reporting that Austin is at the trial too. 

I wonder if this is a good sign? Is he there to support Josh or does this mean that he and Joy are processing the truth?

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Was it Lauren or Kendra's dad who was seated as a juror and removed due to being related to him?  

Could also have been Katey's father.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, snickerz said:

This is interesting: He (Austin) 

He isn't exactly the friendliest guy and I get a feeling he is teetering on the edge of want to beat smuggar to a pulp. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think since he's a witness, he can't be there.

Edited 'cuz I read the comments.  Thanks all.

Edited by gustava
  • Upvote 4

I'm not surprised Austin's there. IIRC, Joy & Jill have been chummy in the past, even after Jill was persona non grata at TTH. It's possible Joy's in therapy for family of origin matters and has been processing her own experiences of abuse. If I were the in-law of someone who's experienced the Duggar family I'd be there everyday, too. The siblings have been gaslit for so long that being in court (or having their spouse in court) could be helpful to confirm yes, Josh really is the shit human they've suspected for so long but haven't been able to put words to it. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

12 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

He must be beyond pissed that his pathetic "I don't recall" testimony didn't go over, that the judge didn't just agree because he, JB, said it.

I suspect we've seen a preview of how he's going to spin this. I can see him at a microphone after the case is over, saying "The judge in this case allowed tabloid rumors to..."

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Was it Lauren or Kendra's dad who was seated as a juror and removed due to being related to him?  

We don't know, but my guess is it's Katey's dad. Dwain Swanson was on the witness list. It could be Paul Caldwell, but I think he's more known to be friends with the Duggars and he's more likely to want to get out of it.

2 minutes ago, gustava said:

I thought he wasn't on the witness list???

JB isn't apparently on the witness list anymore.

However I think the real reason is not there has nothing to do with the judge. It has to do with not wanting to be there and needing to distance himself if it doesn't go the way he wants.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I’m confident CSA image prosecutors are experienced with explaining how easy it is to partition hard drives.  (And it’s truly easy- I did it years ago to use conflicting computer programs.)

I’m always nervous about people like Josh some how escaping justice, but that is why the testimony of his prior actions is so important to establish a pattern of behavior. Prosecutors are able to convict without that type of evidence - I can only hope that jury will see that there is no reasonable doubt. 

• Upvote 12

30 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Daily Mail is saying sex offender inmate Josh may have had contact with earlier this year when in jail is on witness list. Anyone know what that is about? 

Yes, he's been on the list as of a week or two ago. Speculation is big mouth confessed to him when they are in the holding tank together. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

So what’s with Anna? Teeters in on her high heels to listen to jury selection but bails when the allegations are detailed? 

I know it's not legally possible, but in a just world she should have had to see exactly what she's defending.  Jurors are going to be emotionally scarred from those images, but she gets to keep her delusion intact.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I'm not surprised Austin's there. IIRC, Joy & Jill have been chummy in the past, even after Jill was persona non grata at TTH. It's possible Joy's in therapy for family of origin matters and has been processing her own experiences of abuse. If I were the in-law of someone who's experienced the Duggar family I'd be there everyday, too. The siblings have been gaslit for so long that being in court (or having their spouse in court) could be helpful to confirm yes, Josh really is the shit human they've suspected for so long but haven't been able to put words to it. 

Who knows what Austin has been told? This could be his chance to see first hand that this wasn't "Playboy". He is not only Joy's husband, he is a father. I can only hope his eyes are open. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 17

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Who knows what Austin has been told? This could be his chance to see first hand that this wasn't "Playboy". He is not only Joy's husband, he is a father. I can only hope his eyes are open. 

Absolutely. It's also turning out to be a good look at who JB really is, too. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I’m surprised at Austin. He’s been ill recently and still looked off colour On Joys Thanksgiving videos. I doubt he’d do JB’s bidding for him, so he must want to be there for himself.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic