IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Not only has she been sucked into RF but on the day of her wedding, Gwen decides to go to a MAGA event instead of officiating her wedding

Just as an aside, per the doc, and my memory of the day, Gwen wasn't supposed to be officiating that wedding. If memory serves, the male Walters whose name I have forgotten was supposed to officiate and blew it off for the trip. My memory of that piece of the puzzle might be off.

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

For anyone not wanting go click on the RF website and to make sure we have the press release words how they were on the website today, here is a copy of those points. Spoiler because it is long. 

Reveal hidden contents

Press Release: Official Response to HBO Max Documentary

Remnant Fellowship categorically denies the absurd, defamatory statements and accusations made in this documentary - yet another Hollywood attack on Religion.

Over the last 20 years, countless celebrities and public figures have had to endure allegations of child abuse, eating disorders, sexual abuse and more. While many of these situations might be accurate, there are definitely situations where people are falsely accused. In today's society, everyone should be highly discerning regarding anything they see on any media. We insist that the allegations made against our church are completely false and defamatory.

Our Christian beliefs are Bible-based. Our church is a place based on love, care, mercy, and kindness shown to people from all walks of life. We have helped thousands to find a relationship with God.

The church has also encouraged members to find their own personal relationship with God and has proven to restore numerous broken marriages and other relationships.

Our teachings have helped thousands to overcome strongholds, vices, and addictions.

Remnant Fellowship vehemently denies any accusation of child abuse in any form.   Children here are happy and healthy, being raised with the most love, care, support, and protection imaginable. The church’s stance is that parents should determine how they set boundaries and guide their children based on their own family decisions, as long as it is founded on love and protection. There is no harshness in God nor Jesus Christ – there is only gentleness. Countless parents have shared that they are more loving and kind to their children after they started attending Remnant than they were before.  

Our membership includes a high number of professional “mandatory reporters” who would be required by law to report any signs of abuse or concern, including over 90 medical professionals (including doctors, nurses, and psychologists), 7 legal professionals, 4 law enforcement professionals, and over 20 educators. These mandatory reporters have never reported any concern regarding the health or safety of any children at the church. 

We do not body shame or bully anyone, as we know that God created all of us uniquely with different sizes, shapes and weights. We also do not approach anyone about weight, but we help those who approach us wanting help. Otis Rickman, a Pulmonary and Critical care physician who attends Remnant, sums this up well: “Everybody’s different. God made us all different. We have big, sturdy, muscular people; we have thin, wispy people. We have all kinds of people.”

Thousands have said that their lives have benefited from the mere-Christianity message of Remnant Fellowship and the Weigh Down Ministries, but we know that there is no one message that can ever please everyone.

Over 40% of our resources are given away to members at zero cost, including free scholarships for classes or summer camp activities. Regarding tithing or donating, in our 20+ year history, tithing has been spoken about very few times. We have never passed a collection plate in any service; in fact, we address this aspect so infrequently, new members often have to inquire HOW to donate or tithe. Remnant Fellowship has never required any member to purchase any resource, book, or class. Money tithed to Remnant, like any other church, is used to help the needy, hurting, and poor, and to keep the basic church ministry operations going.

As any other church, Remnant Fellowship operates under all U.S. guidelines and laws.

Our Church’s services and assemblies are webcast each week and viewed by people all around the world at no cost. Anyone seeking to learn more are always welcome to visit anytime online or in person. This is a place full of love and mercy with welcome, open arms to everyone around the world! 

I swore I posted this last night but can't find it this morning - I need more sleep. 

Interesting that they seem to be targeting conservative evangelical Christians with this. That group tends to jump all over the idea that liberal Hollywood is trying to attack totally innocent churches. They want to paint themselves as a normal church being falsely accused. They, IMO,  want to turn this into “they came after us, you might be next” to try and rally support. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Interesting that they seem to be targeting conservative evangelical Christians with this. That group tends to jump all over the idea that liberal Hollywood is trying to attack totally innocent churches. They want to paint themselves as a normal church being falsely accused. They, IMO,  want to turn this into “they came after us, you might be next” to try and rally support. 

Gwen was a trump supporter and that means the cult members are too. They probably know what his base will respond to. And evangelical Christians voted for trump in 2020. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen was a trump supporter and that means the cult members are too. They probably know what his base will respond to. And evangelical Christians voted for trump in 2020. 

I wonder if they are hoping to get at least some of those churches to let bygones be bygones and bring the Weigh Down program into the church. Especially if RF is tight on money now. If evangelicals could shrug off Trump’s heretical behavior, they very well do the same with the trinity. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I would LOVE to know what the financial shape is inside that building. If it's true that people are leaving in sizable amounts, money has to be starting to become a problem.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

I would LOVE to know what the financial shape is inside that building. If it's true that people are leaving in sizable amounts, money has to be starting to become a problem.

My horrible thought in response to this is along the lines of “well at least now they don’t have to keep up Gwen and Joe”. 

if Gwen left much to the church they might be ok financially until they run out of her money or things to sell off. But if it’s not a problem already it will be soon. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, HereComesTreble said:

We have a Twelve Tribes commune in my town. They are a racist and sexist cult; but aesthetically, they look like peace loving hippies.  They run a very popular restaurant, The Yellow Deli.  With a little research, people would learn this cult is openly against "race mixing," believes every woman should be subservient to every man, and has been investigated for slave labor.  

Alas, hardly anyone does any research.  People here adore their groovy look and their delicious sandwiches.  

I'd missed these people and they aren't that far away.  Thanks for letting me know.

ETA:  Just started the wiki article.  I knew them when they were Vine Christian Community and had a church half a mile from me!  Yikes.  I avoided them as I do all small peculiar churches, but had no idea how insidious they are.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Just as an aside, per the doc, and my memory of the day, Gwen wasn't supposed to be officiating that wedding. If memory serves, the male Walters whose name I have forgotten was supposed to officiate and blew it off for the trip. My memory of that piece of the puzzle might be off.

I believe the wedding was moved to another weekend. Her mom and dad were both there but don’t look happy!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Truth sets you free said:

I believe the wedding was moved to another weekend. Her mom and dad were both there but don’t look happy!

Really? I could have sworn we heard the wedding went on as planned but that was a minor detail in the grand scheme of the that day and i could 100% be wrong. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Truth sets you free said:

According to the documentary it wasn’t moved. I think people assumed it would have been moved but it doesn’t seem to have been.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

DG sure thinks they're going broke.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

According to the documentary it wasn’t moved. I think people assumed it would have been moved but it doesn’t seem to have been.

It was on June 5th according to her Facebook page. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Huh. The doc made a point of saying the wedding went on as planned and that’s what I thought I remembered as well, so either the doc is wrong (and my memory is wrong, which, LBR, it’s like a sieve) or she’s lying about the date for some reason. I can’t see a reason why she would lie, so logically the doc and my memory are wrong. Interesting.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Truth sets you free said:

Hmm honestly not sure how much it matters. FWIW I know plenty of people who took a little bit of time to update their Facebook status after getting married (myself included) 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Upvote 6

Just now, RFsurvivor said:

Hmm honestly not sure how much it matters. FWIW I know plenty of people who took a little bit of time to update their Facebook status after getting married (myself included) 🤷🏼‍♀️

It doesn’t matter even a little really. The long and the short of it appears to be that they got married. Exact date is really only relevant to them. :)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Huh. The doc made a point of saying the wedding went on as planned and that’s what I thought I remembered as well, so either the doc is wrong (and my memory is wrong, which, LBR, it’s like a sieve) or she’s lying about the date for some reason. I can’t see a reason why she would lie, so logically the doc and my memory are wrong. Interesting.

If it makes you feel better, that's what I remember from the documentary too.  I thought they said it went on as planned.

As you say, it doesn't really matter.

• Upvote 4

Delaney/Jackson were married on May 29.

The wedding took place at the Days’ mansion, Mountview, the same day as the crash. (Though it’s quite possible they didn’t know the full tragic extent of the crash at the time the wedding happened. Remember, Elizabeth initially sent out a message alerting members that their plane had made a quick controlled landing.)

My understanding is that David Martin was supposed to officiate, but instead, he and Jennifer — the first to join Gwen’s movement — made yet another fateful decision to follow Gwen. 

D3231C01-1AA1-46D9-9AB9-3374276723F4.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

Is naming their houses a southern thing that i just don’t understand? ‘Cause to my decidedly not southern ear, it sounds pretentious as hell.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

43 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Is naming their houses a southern thing that i just don’t understand? ‘Cause to my decidedly not southern ear, it sounds pretentious as hell.

Mountview (the house owned by the Days) is an 1860 mansion (right across the street from Gwen's house Ashlawn). It's not a modern Southern thing, it's because both are historic mansions/plantations. I know Ashlawn was a plantation but I'm not sure about Mountview. Mountview has frequently been a venue for smaller RF wedding tho. 

There are a couple historic antebellum houses along Franklin road and all of them have names (Ashlawn, Isola Bella, and Mountview to name a few).

Edited by Roscoe
Update spelling and specific year
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 9

43 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Plantations often have names. Think of Gone with the Wind. All their plantations had names. I personally wouldn’t want to live on a plantation even though I love love love old houses. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Destiny said:

As a southerner, I’d assume a named house is a large estate including land, and possibly quite old. Plantations all have names, but other big old estates would too. 

If it was a McMansion with a name, I’d say pretentious. A mansion a century old or so, or a former plantation, I’d be surprised if it didn’t have a name. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Truth sets you free said:

That is a loooot bigger than their old house that I used to go to to attend Weigh Down classes sometimes. Hopefully the sale can support the children's futures.

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6

As a southerner, I’d assume a named house is a large estate including land, and possibly quite old. Plantations all have names, but other big old estates would too. 

If it was a McMansion with a name, I’d say pretentious. A mansion a century old or so, or a former plantation, I’d be surprised if it didn’t have a name. 

Oh sure, I don’t disagree re: older houses and plantations. That sort of makes sense, but I got the impression these were newer builds. It just come across as ‘look upon me and despair because I’m 500% richer than you plebs’. I fully admit that that may be a cultural difference at work though. I couldn’t imagine naming my house and expecting people to use that name, no matter how big (or small ‘cause I’m poor) that house may be. It just seems pretentious and gratuitous to me.
That is a loooot bigger than their old house that I used to go to to attend Weigh Down classes sometimes. Hopefully the sale can support the children's futures.

I can’t imagine taking care of and cleaning that big a space. I barely have the patience some days to clean my significantly smaller place most days.
  • Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic