• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• Cartmann99

• fraurosena

Image placed under spoiler -- it's another you can't unsee.

Spoiler

image.png.f962b1f34098447eb364a83f63c35f95.png

• WTF 10

This is specifically about the governor of Missouri, but it applies to pretty much every trumplican governor.

20211101_csot2.JPG

• Upvote 5

image.png.e1723a37f6d1f598bcbe6126fe63c858.png

"Tiki-Torch Youngkin"

So, here’s what happened in Virginia last week:

Let’s start with the back story. In 2017, a bunch of tiki-torch Nazis in polo shirts and Khakis went to Charlottesville to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. They called it a “Unite the Right” rally. It sucked. These goons were emboldened by the election of Donald Trump because he ran on racist messages like Muslim bans, racist walls, deporting Mexicans, mosque surveillance, and the only people he’d allow to even legally immigrate to the United States would be white Norwegians and Melania’s parents. He also filled his staff with white nationalists like Steve Bannon and Stephen Baby Goebbels Miller. The Nazis really loved this, so they went to Charlotteville to stomp around with their tiki-torches while chanting, “Blood and soil” and “Jews will not replace us.” Yeah, Nazis are not nice.

There were counter-protesters, fights, and one of the Nazis murdered civil rights and anti-racism activist Heather Heyer. Nazis suck.

Last week, another group of guys in Khakis with tiki torches showed up in Virginia, but this time, they were going to an event for Glenn Youngkin, the Republican gubernatorial candidate. Youngkin was disgusted by this, called it a “false flag,” and blamed his Democratic opponent, former governor Terry McAuliffe, who also condemned it.

Later, the Lincoln Project, that anti-Trump Republican group, took credit for the stunt. This was not a “false flag” since the Lincoln Project owned it. Also, it should have been obvious to everyone that they weren’t real Nazis as one of the actors is a black guy. Real Nazis aren’t big fans of black people, but they do like using them as “black friends” as proof they’re not racist.

The Lincoln Project people issued a statement saying they pulled this stunt as a “way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party’s embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin’s failure to condemn it.”

Youngkin did condemn the Lincoln Project for their stunt. He condemned the McAuliffe campaign even though it didn’t have anything to do with it. Condemning real Nazis, not so much.

This was a stupid campaign. What happened in Charlottesville was a horrible event and shouldn’t be used for stuff like political expression and parody except by political cartoonists. Get off my Kool-Aid.

Now, stupid people will still blame Terry McAuliffe for this. I even got some tweets from pro-Nazis blaming McAuliffe for the 2017 event and saying that was a “false flag.” So of course they’re blaming McAuliffe for the Lincoln Project stunt.

But the thing is, they made their point as Younkin condemned it while still NOT condemning real Nazis. The fake Nazis did not chant the vulgar slogans used by the real Nazis in 2017. Instead, they chanted, “We’re all in for Glenn.” While no real Nazis have shown up at any Youngkin events, at least not chanting and with tiki torches, but you can bet your ass they’re “all in for Glenn.”

Nazis will be voting for Youngkin tomorrow. As I used to give voting advice to right-wingers, “Don’t vote for the candidate endorsed by Putin,” I’ll give this advice to Virginians: Don’t vote for the guy who can’t condemn Nazis.

There’s more.

Don’t vote for the guy who Nazis will vote for.

Don’t vote for the guy who lies about school boards and the FBI going after parents.

Don’t vote for the guy who is pro-book burning.

Don’t vote for the guy whose campaign is using Trump’s election lie.

Don’t vote for the guy endorsed by Steve Bannon.

Don’t vote for the guy who refuses to talk about abortion (because he’s going to work to make it illegal).

Don’t vote for the guy who’s promising to take money out of public schools, giving it to private schools, and firing teachers.

And most of all, don’t vote for the guy who’s endorsed by Trump.

To simplify it and have less to remember, don’t vote for Republicans.

Republicans have a hard time condemning Nazis. Even when Donald Trump condemned the Charlottesville Nazis in 2017, he had to quibble and say there were “very fine people” on both sides. “Very fine people” don’t march with Nazis. Donald Trump later said he regretted condemning Nazis and as a way to make up for it, he gave the white nationalist group, the Proud Boys, a shout-out during a debate on national television. He’s also supported QAnon, another Nazi group, and has described them as people who “love their country.” When white nationalists attacked our Capital building, tried to hang Mike Pence, overthrow an election, and install Donald Trump as a fascist dictator, Trump told them they were “special” and that he loved them.

Republicans can’t condemn Nazis. Youngkin won’t because he’s afraid it’ll discourage them from voting. The Blues Brothers can condemn Nazis with Jake saying, “I hate Illinois Nazis.” I bet he’d hate Virginia Nazis too. I sure do.

So, to sum up, don’t vote for Republicans. Don’t vote for Nazi lovers. Don’t be like Republicans. Be more like the Blues Brothers.

Vote tomorrow and vote for Terry McAuliffe. He’s more like the Blues Brothers. Terry condemns Nazis.

• Upvote 6

Um, Chuckles, I don't think that seizing drugs at the border before they hurt people is a bad thing. You're not "owning the libs" here.

image.png.4c30dad1efd2e8bf2e219df6ab9ba181.png

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic