• fraurosena

Full picture under spoiler

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4816e252305a689eb86d1cc883a30bc4.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7

Oh, Jon - you are  self-parody.

That -  thing - is called The Magnificent Seven, and here's the blurb with it:

There have been 46 US Presidents since George Washington: some good, others not so much. As the artist, I decided to put together my team of the most magnificent seven Presidents. How did I choose this motley crew? Each was loved and hated for different reasons, but all stood against the establishment and to fight for American ideals. These are - The Magnificent Seven!

Left to right: Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan, George Washington, Donald Trump, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy

https://jonmcnaughton.com/magnificent-seven/

• Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 4

I know it's supposed to be Jefferson, Reagan and Washington, but I see:

Spoiler

Jay Leno          MAD Magazine's           Ted Knight
                                    Alfred E Neuman

image.png.92745ffaa3e713a79e8ee3dcfd5ec041.png

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Do not desecrate the name or image of Teddy Roosevelt this way! I think he would have gone after Trump. Remember he was the trust buster and he also created several national forests.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I understand that McNaughton is just riding this gravy train until it dies but I find this very offensive.  None of those men would tolerate an idiot like Trump.  And the right's fascination with John Kennedy is perplexing.  I'm old.  I remember John Kennedy and the rightwingers back then didn't like him at all.  He wasn't enough of a warmonger (even though he was a veteran) and he was very much for civil rights for everyone.  Now, just because of Qanon they've decided he's an honorary Republican.  

Screw you, McNaughton.  This bunch of men would have tossed Trump out on his ass.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, Xan said:

I remember John Kennedy and the rightwingers back then didn't like him at all.  He wasn't enough of a warmonger (even though he was a veteran) and he was very much for civil rights for everyone.

And the more bigoted right-wing Protestants thought he'd be a slave to the Pope, just because he was Catholic.

How he and his son became icons of the Q-nuts is beyond me. But then, everything they come up with is beyond me.

• I Agree 11

What's especially weird is that RFK Jr is the real-life anti-vaxxer, so if Q needs to turn a Dead Kennedy into a zombie Republican, why not RFK instead?

• I Agree 10

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hide contents

Feeling like the one front and centre is going to get fragged. Most likely by the one second from right...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

image.png.b95f3169173ecbabf767846d30e17a62.png

"Another Border Crisis"

If the first thing you were concerned over upon hearing about the migration crisis on the border between Belarus and Poland, then your priorities are messed up. Oil before humanity, right?

This crisis began over the summer when Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko threatened to bring in human traffickers, drug smugglers, and armed migrants into his nation to cross into European Union nations. Democratic nations in the west have been at odds with Lukashenko over his fraudulent election (the kind Trump hopes for), the crackdown against protesters, the forced-landing of Ryanair 4978 to capture a Lukashenko critic, and the attempted forced repatriation of Belarusian Olympic sprinter Krystsina Tsimanouskaya.

Lukashenko started advertising in Asia and Africa that people who needed to flee their home nations were welcome to pass through Belarus (nobody wants to immigrate to Belarus. Ask Krystsina) and into western Europe. Airlines in the Middle East increased their flights to Belarus, offered discounts and Belarusian visas. Several social media pages started providing false information on how to cross over the border from Belarus and into Poland.

After the immigrants arrived in Belarus, they were provided with axes and wire cutters to cross the border. When they arrived at the border, they discovered Poland didn’t want them and turned them around and back in to Belarus, although about 800 were able to pass through by evading authorities. For those who were not able to pass through, Belarus prevented Poland from providing the refugees with tents and blankets. As an incentive for the migrants to try again to enter Poland, Belarusian soldiers started beating them.

This is kinda like the Mariel Boatlift in 1980 when Fidel Castro “humanely” allowed Cubans to leave and paddle the 90 or miles to the United States. Among the 125,000 Cubans, and 25,000 Haitians who pretended to be Cubans (Reagan would only take Cubans, not Haitians), were some of the worst criminals Cuba had to offer. Most of the people Castro considered criminals were guilty of stuff like selling radios on the black market (here in the U.S, it’s more of an assault to force somebody to listen to pop radio). But the media in southern Florida identified at least 2,700 as “hardened” criminals. We’re talking Scarface here. This is what Lukashenko is hoping to do to the EU…give them Scarface. Lukashenko is a cockaroach.

The nations that border Belarus, Poland, Lithuania, and Latvia, have accused Lukashenko of using the migrants as weapons to attack the European Union. Most of these immigrants are trying to get to Germany, where people are civil. In Poland and Belarus, the people are more like Trumpers. In fact, the three border nations have decided to build a wall on the border with Belarus with the European Union’s support.

Belarus and Lukashenko suck, but Poland sucks too. Poland has refused asylum to immigrants who have entered its nation. They’ve also refused access to the media, doctors, and non-government organizations like the Red Cross. Yesterday, Polish border guards shot tear gas and water cannons at the migrants. Apparently, Poland has made Stephen Miller their new border czar.

Lukashenko is a monster and the true victims here are the refugees he created in order to use them as weapons. Here in the United States, we may not pay much attention to it since it’s not in the United States. And if gas prices do increase because of this, as Lukashenko may shut off pipelines from Russia to the European Union, we’ll probably blame President Biden.

The real victims in this aren’t the people paying higher gas prices, but the refugees being weaponized. And if your first concern was your gas tank, you need to check your heart and your head, because you’re a cockaroach.

• Upvote 6

image.png.67dde6c06fb8f87705866c7f37d168c5.png

"Looking For Trouble"

The entire legal defense for Kyle Rittenhouse is that he shot three people, killing two, in self-defense. But there’s a funny thing about looking for trouble. Usually, when you look for trouble, you find it.

Kyle Rittenhouse went looking for trouble. He crossed states to a city he didn’t live in, went to a friend’s house in that city to pick up an AR-15 his friend bought for him because Rittenhouse was too young to purchase it at that time, then went to an anti-racism protest. At that protest, he wandered off from all the other racist gun humpers and shot three people.

Before Kyle “defended himself,” he skulked around with the other gun-wielding self-appointed vigilantes and told big fat chunky lies.

It’s always been my opinion that if you have to lie to support your position, then you’re on the wrong side or doing the wrong thing. For example, if you lie to your mother and say you’re going to your friend’s house to study but in reality, you’re going to a rave to do pantless keg stands, then you’re probably doing the wrong thing. And if you’re lying about your age and qualifications, then you’re probably doing the wrong thing.

Kyle told everyone near him that cheery Kenosha night that he was 18-years-old. He was 17. Hey, that lie worked at the Proud Boy Bar, so why not to join the Kenosha vigilante Nazi goon squad? But, it turns out he didn’t have to lie about his age as the judge in his trial has dropped the charges of being an underage gun-carrying racist juvenile out after his bedtime.

Question: When Kyle lied and told everyone he was 18, did he have to turn in his Hitler Youth card?

The judge has dropped the charges against Kyle for a minor possessing a gun. The argument is that the gun is also underage. No, but seriously…I’m shocked they didn’t do that. Really, the judge dropped that charge because the law in Wisconsin isn’t clear on the barrel length for it to be illegal for a juvenile racist to possess. I’m glad it’s not a rape trial as this judge might drop all charges based on penis length.

He also dropped the breaking curfew charge because there wasn’t enough evidence. Sure, it’s a technicality, and there really isn’t enough evidence beyond the video, witnesses who saw him, including the cops who gave him bottles of water and waved him by after he shot people, and oh yeah, the shooting of people.

I think the curfew thing is very important. Why? Because if Kyle Rittenhouse wasn’t where he wasn’t supposed to be at the time he wasn’t supposed to be there, two people would still be alive and nobody would have been shot.

Also, if Kyle didn’t possess what he wasn’t legally allowed to possess, then he wouldn’t have shot anyone.

Kyle’s other juicy whopper was his qualification to be there. He claimed he is EMT certified and there to protect car lots and give medical attention. He’s not even old enough to be EMT certified. Fun fact: Kyle didn’t give medical attention to any of the people he shot. including the one he shot, in self-defense, four times.

Kyle is a lifeguard but unfortunately, nobody was drowning in Kenosha that night.

The prosecution may be drowning though. And I kinda expect Kyle to get off. In my last column, I made a bunch of predictions about Kyle’s future if he gets off. I have a new one.

The Kyle Rittenhouse we’ve seen in this trial, the sweet cherub humanitarian who is so concerned about the community he doesn’t live in and generous enough to loan his bulletproof vest to a friend, will not be the Kyle we see after the trial, if he gets off.

The Kyle we’ll see after the trial will be an arrogant smug little self-entitled prick who hangs out in bars with Proud Boys. That’s also the Kyle we saw before the trial.

And who knows, if the self-defense argument works after looking for trouble, Kyle may go to another protest and shoot more people. Hell, if Kyle gets off, it’s a green light to racist gun humpers to shoot anti-racism protesters throughout Wisconsin. It’ll be legal in Wisconsin just like it’s legal in Florida to shoot a black guy in a hoodie with Skittles approaching you.

Kyle Rittenhouse may be freed, and we need to prepare ourselves for that. More importantly, we need to prepare ourselves for the aftermath.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 3

I like this update on the stupid McNaughton work:

image.png.25ab18e4dc23d7dcb7d79bc6b6403c38.png

• Haha 10

18 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Some of the replies to Ted are wonderful:

image.png.53d7514a0afa0a933769312952ad9ced.png

image.png.8249d6c4e644149e6ff186d36704d656.png

More under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.a643d24a895d7e549a4dd21c91a6fc74.png

image.png.cbbcf29f40fc1c0c4bfd75d01393b4ee.png

image.png.c543a42dc6ad1206384ba4449b64ad2b.png

image.png.0cc52e924244623edcf8a45512f573f1.png

image.png.892d22e1ff9e029e9a915ed23d331dc1.png

image.png.35e2c6e2fc7e1520d88bbba95213b93c.png

image.png.964fdcd3bc511c38d93abd35af4ffc8f.png

image.png.e9460bdaa5c63dc49ec5bd7f4ab51d1a.png

image.png.2d9c489f1a8a2d446d9cdd11f880d50f.png

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20211117_red2.JPG

Of course I love the beery Kavanaugh depiction, but what's going on with Gorsuch's hand on Barrett's back?  Is there some implication going on here?  I hate missing any juicy inappropriate-SCOTUS-behavior rumor...

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic