IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

17 minutes ago, RFIntrigued said:

I wasn’t familiar with him, but I knew Rob Day was involved in this MLM. I found this photo of Nick Bosley:

0F4E1B17-DC2A-4AAF-8241-ED114C78360A.jpeg

I don’t think Abigail and Silas went to that recent conference. I don’t believe they were tagged with some of the other RF members who went. So that’s a good sign.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

I wasn’t familiar with him, but I knew Rob Day was involved in this MLM. I found this photo of Nick Bosley:

0F4E1B17-DC2A-4AAF-8241-ED114C78360A.jpeg

From what I can tell Pinnacle Elite is part of World Financial Group.  Link to the PE website here.

I watched the video, which seems like pure fluff.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 6/15/2021 at 8:12 AM, Alisamer said:

How does anyone read this sort of thing and not realize it is super unhealthy? "Way of Escape" just sounds like "death" to me. Ignore your hunger as much as possible until you find your "way of escape" - ie, starve to death. 

It reminds me a little of the Heaven's Gate people somehow, just instead of all dressing the same and committing suicide together the whole group is just ever-so-slowly dying of malnutrition. 

Heaven's Gate members each ate an entire cup of poisoned apple sauce. No way RF would go out like that. Not to mention those jumpsuits were so unstylish. Gwen would require color coordinated evening gowns for ladies, coat and tails for gents. HG had quarters in their pockets for the fare to board the comet. A quarter probably gets you a seat in coach. Gwen would pay the dollar for first class comet seating. 

Since it looks like Gwen herself will still be the head of RF, will Elizabeth become more like a mouthpiece that receives Gwen's devine messages from heaven? How weird is this going to get? 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Since it looks like Gwen herself will still be the head of RF, will Elizabeth become more like a mouthpiece that receives Gwen's devine messages from heaven? How weird is this going to get? 

Is that what they're saying? That Gwen is still the head? 

My hope is that both Elizabeth and Michael take some time off to grieve and process their loss and the changes that must occur. And that during that time, it will dawn on them that this is the perfect opportunity to head in a healthier direction. Maybe even break from the church. I see it being more likely with Michael but I would sure like to see them both pull out of that mess.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I guess we always knew Gwen would always be the head of the church. I guess it’s similar to Jesus being the head of Christianity. He’s been dead 2000 years but it goes on. But the issue now is who will lead the devotions to Gwen? Who will make a lot of decisions? Will they fight it out behind the scene? Will any major changes be made? 

• Upvote 7

In the olden days God could be found in the Bible. Nowadays He hangs out on the WeighDown Facebook page.

Spoiler

How to Make the Transfer from a Focus on Food to God

June 17, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When you diet, you are following man-made rules, because they are your rules. When you make that choice, you are not committed to following God or Christ because you are making the choice to follow man-made rules, and you cannot have it both ways.

When you feel an urge to eat and you are not hungry, it is hunger for God! Go to His Word or the WeighDown Facebook page or your class workbook. Do not hang out near food. Get it out of your purse, office, desk, and/or car. Do not depend on food.  Do not long for the food. Do not look for the food. Pray “God, clean up my mind.” Pray, “God, in the name of Jesus Christ, take away this nagging head hunger, this longing, and turn that back into a longing to be inside Your will and to have Your approval. Amen.”

The whole concept is that you are changing your lifestyle. Why? Dieting allows you to stay in love with the food. End the diet, and get under “God’s control,” and you will love God. That is the transfer

As Acts 2:17 foretold: "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will meme memes. "

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

Listening to last night's webcast and Elizabeth positioning herself as the anointed prophet and bloodlines etc. Anyone else listen to it? 

Side note: I'm a former member and was a member for 5 years and left about 4 years ago.   

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

Listening to last night's webcast and Elizabeth positioning herself as the anointed prophet and bloodlines etc. Anyone else listen to it? 

Side note: I'm a former member and was a member for 5 years and left about 4 years ago.   

I did not listen to it. Can you share what she said?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, RFfamANON said:

I did not listen to it. Can you share what she said?

Well, it was a half hour of her showing herself to be very strong leader and caring only about the people of the church. She talked about the moment she first heard the news, fell to her knees and sobbed but then quickly pulled herself together to focus on the church. That instinctually she realized it was "go time" and that she thought she'd have many more years with her mom in charge but now it's passed to her. That she felt like the other prophets of the bible when they have been anointed and how she's had signs since she was a child that when her mother passed that there would be "double portions" of guidance (or ability etc) from God. That she and Michael will keep this church going. That she can discern messages from God like her mother etc.
     Talked also about what the death of these 7 could mean.  Asked God if he could explain to her why it happened and if he could that she would share it with the people. She did a bible "flop"...Goes on about how it wasn't until Jesus left the disciples at Pentecost for all to see and the spirit of God came down and unless Jesus hadn't left that wouldn't have happened. That it had to be 7 righteous leaders so that the world see it and send a "rebirth". That she knew God was talking to her

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 25

9 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

Well, it was a half hour of her showing herself to be very strong leader and caring only about the people of the church. She talked about the moment she first heard the news, fell to her knees and sobbed but then quickly pulled herself together to focus on the church. That instinctually she realized it was "go time" and that she thought she'd have many more years with her mom in charge but now it's passed to her. That she felt like the other prophets of the bible when they have been anointed and how she's had signs since she was a child that when her mother passed that there would be "double portions" of guidance (or ability etc) from God. That she and Michael will keep this church going. That she can discern messages from God like her mother etc.
     Talked also about what the death of these 7 could mean.  Asked God if he could explain to her why it happened and if he could that she would share it with the people. She did a bible "flop"...Goes on about how it wasn't until Jesus left the disciples at Pentecost for all to see and the spirit of God came down and unless Jesus hadn't left that wouldn't have happened. That it had to be 7 righteous leaders so that the world see it and send a "rebirth". That she knew God was talking to her

Thank you for listening. 

So much BS, humble brag and narcissism in her speech. Wow. Everyone has hoped Elizabeth would really think about the death and go in a different direction but it looks like she is all in. Power and adoration is alluring. 

• Upvote 22
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thank you for listening. 

So much BS, humble brag and narcissism in her speech. Wow. Everyone has hoped Elizabeth would really think about the death and go in a different direction but it looks like she is all in. Power and adoration is alluring. 

Oh she's definitely all in. But Elizabeth has always struck me as more rigid, less charismatic, less humor-filled and frighteningly thinner than Gwen. And that it will be a difficult task to keep everyone in line. Gwen had DEVOTED followers. Maybe Elizabeth can win them over but she doesn't have that "it" factor to be the cult leader. Of course there are a lot of people that are heavily invested and will do their darndest to keep this going.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thank you for listening. 

From her very first message before the crash was even confirmed, she was saying "the church will continue" - I feel like even then she was putting herself in line to be leader. I wouldn't be surprised if Gwen had made sure she knew she was next up to take over, though they likely thought it would be more like Gwen semi-retiring to her favorite luxury retreat and popping in by video while Elizabeth leads at the actual church.

I'm sorry for her loss, but wow. It seems to me like she was grabbing that power from the first hint that Gwen might be gone.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I’m sorry but Elizabeth sounds like she thinks she is part of a British monarchy. All hail Queen Elizabeth ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sorry but Elizabeth sounds like she thinks she is part of a British monarchy. All hail Queen Elizabeth ?

DEFINITELY some elitism and even mentioned how these bloodlines and gifts are not for everyone but some are chosen. Not the exact order of words but it is what she said.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 9

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

My hope is that both Elizabeth and Michael take some time off to grieve and process their loss and the changes that must occur. And that during that time, it will dawn on them that this is the perfect opportunity to head in a healthier direction. Maybe even break from the church. I see it being more likely with Michael but I would sure like to see them both pull out of that mess.

Ha ha! I know I'm quoting myself but it looks like I was wrong, wrong, WRONG about Elizabeth. 

• Upvote 10

She compared Gwen's death to Jesus going to heaven?

Seven righteous leaders had to die so Elizabeth could become a prophet?

That must mean she's seven times as righteous.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Ha ha! I know I'm quoting myself but it looks like I was wrong, wrong, WRONG about Elizabeth. 

I do think you are right that Michael would be the one to pull in a different direction. But Elizabeth is as zealot as they come. I think it may be a disservice to her that she sounds so much like her mother. People hear her voice and see her and she reminds them so much of Gwen but there isn't the warmth and "pull you in" manner so it's really off-putting. BUT we shall see what happens. 

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

The cult is strong with this one*!

*Elizabeth, not you, Many Goats

In regards to Elizabeth hearing God's voice, is she sure she isn't having hallucinations from lack of food? 

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

She compared Gwen's death to Jesus going to heaven?

Seven righteous leaders had to die so Elizabeth could become a prophet?

That must mean she's seven times as righteous.

yes! Well she kept saying "double" but yes she compared the 7 to the ascension of Jesus. 

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The cult is strong with this one*!

*Elizabeth, not you, Many Goats

In regards to Elizabeth hearing God's voice, is she sure she isn't having hallucinations from lack of food? 

well she didn't say she heard his voice but to get messages from God (at Remnant) you do a "bible-flop" where you let the bible fall open and then that's your message. She read the passages she was "led" to and what they meant. blah blah blah

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

@TDHuggies, did Elizabeth mention the loss of her husband and father of her children? Any mention of prayers for her children? If not, I find that disturbing and sad. 

• I Agree 10

11 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@TDHuggies, did Elizabeth mention the loss of her husband and father of her children? Any mention of prayers for her children? If not, I find that disturbing and sad. 

yes she did. She mentioned deep grief but that they would not be focusing on themselves but instead on the job at hand (saving the church from falling apart)

Edited by TDHuggies
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13

So, unlike Elizabeth's Jesus take on why this accident happened... my take on why it happened is that Gwen decided to forgo the "deny thyself" stuff and ditched her loveless marriage (never mind that she spent years berating anyone for thoughts of maybe leaving less than ideal marriage situations) and married Tarzan. Tarzan crashed the plane. Simple. If Gwen hadn't been a hypocrite and stayed in her marriage she'd still be going strong. Just sayin and there HAS to be other members of the church that can see this too.

Edited to add: I do NOT think people should stay in marriages that aren't healthy. Just an observation that this WAS the case for years and years at RF...and it wasn't until Gwen had had enough of her own that she actually changed the church doctrine to fit her new narrative. 

Edited by TDHuggies
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

I watched the service as well. When I heard Elizabeth's take on why the "seven righteous leaders" died, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I was NOT prepared for that one. One other thing that stood out to me (pardon if this has been mentioned) is her description of her young son Grantham bawling upon hearing the news of his father's and grandmother's death and him wiping his tears away and then immediately asking who was going to take over the church. According to Elizabeth he asked, "Is it you?" I find it odd that he would immediately ask such a thing given his age.

Edited by freefromthin
punctuation
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

I watched the service as well. When I heard Elizabeth's take on why the "seven righteous leaders" died, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I was NOT prepared for that one. One other thing that stood out to me (pardon if this has been mentioned) is her description of her young son Grantham bawling upon hearing the news of his father's and grandmother's death and him wiping his tears away and then immediately asking who was going to take over the church. According to Elizabeth he asked, "Is it you?" I find it odd that he would immediately ask such a thing given his age.

To me it shows how the church is the entire focus of all of their lives. And that they’ve talked a lot about his grandma being the leader of the church. I agree it’s a strange thing to say right away. But to me it shows what they talk about all the time. And that’s RF and Gwen. That’s the center of his family’s life. 

• Upvote 20

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic