IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 32: So There Was this Cat Who Knew A Squirrel Who Knows Anna...

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, violynn said:

*I didn't realize until just now two of my "must see" movies have Liv Tyler.  

I love Liv Tyler! She was wonderful in "That Thing You Do!" which is one of my faves in general.

1 hour ago, Talitha Cumi said:

My #1 default movie is Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I have it on every device I own, so if I'm ever stuck somewhere and bored, I can watch it. It's my perfect movie!

I am 100% "Team Cap" and I think Winter Soldier is the best of the MCU movies. It's a good one.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think lots of people do this with podcasts, maybe? But I really need something visual, even if I'm not actively looking at it much of the time. Sometimes I'll play music through the whole house when cleaning, but if I'm going to be only in the living room I'll pop in one of my default movies. 

Yes, for me it's always podcasts when I'm cleaning or doing other housework. Visual is too much of a distraction for me if I'm trying to do chores. If I am watching something, however, like you I'm always knitting, or doing jigsaws on the laptop at the same time.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

I am 100% "Team Cap" and I think Winter Soldier is the best of the MCU movies. It's a good one.

Team Cap all the way! *points at Bucky in avatar*

Winter Soldier is SO good, although Black Panther is equal to it, if not a little ahead IMO. That's another one I can always sit down and watch. But WS is always going to be my favorite.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

Sweet Home Alabama, Dirty Dancing, Road House, Shawshank Redemption, the Indiana Jones series, Matilda, Moana, Pitch Perfect

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have default tv shows too. I have anxiety around sleep so I always end the night watching a show that I've already seen. Soothing somehow. Right now I'm on Downton Abbey, and others I re-watch are Big Love, Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, Parenthood, and True Blood.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

The Mummy (Brendan Fraiser) LOTR, Shawshank Redemption, Pride & Prejudice, Some Like It Hot, Singing in the Rain, Little Women, Inside Out (Pixar), Cocoa (Disney)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Apologies if this was posted previously but this link to a story about Josh contains parole board information about Jim Bob's pal and Josh's pedophile counselor, James Hutchens.  Interestingly includes his lengthy sob story, including his attempt to kill himself by jumping from the top bunk in his cell.  

You guessed it.  He was framed!  And it must have been his wife's grandson who looked at those photos. 

These people cannot be rehabilitated.  I'd say odds are very high Josh will follow a path similar to this guy's.  With the exception of the wife dumping him. 

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/a-closer-look/a-closer-look-josh-duggars-history-of-child-sexual-abuse/

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 27

5 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I have default tv shows too. I have anxiety around sleep so I always end the night watching a show that I've already seen. Soothing somehow. Right now I'm on Downton Abbey, and others I re-watch are Big Love, Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, Parenthood, and True Blood.

I am more of a default TV watcher. I rarely watch a movie twice, unless it has been a long time. I am currently rewatching ER for the billionth time.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The West Wing. I bought the DVD series for my ex-husband one Christmas. Sadly, because it was a gift to him, he got it in the divorce :(  ? During the last 2 years of the last presidency I would watch several different clips of the show on youtube. 

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I am more of a default TV watcher. I rarely watch a movie twice, unless it has been a long time. I am currently rewatching ER for the billionth time.

Dr. Carter :romance-heartsthree:

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I love these! I'm getting some great ideas for what to watch (outside of my default list) next time I'm thinking about it.

My defaults are:

1. Jaws (1 and 2)
  2. The Mummy (1 and 2)
  3. Indian Summer
  4. Star Wars (the original 3)
  5. Any Indiana Jones although 1 and 3 are the best
  6. Shawshank
  7. The Princess Bride
  8. The Abyss
  9. Arsenic and Old Lace

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I have quite a few now that I think about it!

Dirty Dancing

Most Marvel movies

Harry Potter

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Sweet Home Alabama

Bring it On

Clueless (my "Sick day" movie)

Love & Basketball

Drumline

Ever After

Cheaper by the Dozen

Like Mike

That Thing You Do

I could go on....my family loves movies.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

My default movie list:

Sense and Sensibility-mostly for Alan Rickman

Most Marvel movies

Star Wars (Original trilogy)

The first 3 Indiana Jones movies

Little Women

Harvey

The Big Lebowski

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Sweet Home Alabama, Dirty Dancing, Road House, Shawshank Redemption, the Indiana Jones series, Matilda, Moana, Pitch Perfect

I’ll share pop corn with you if we can throw in just one Colin firth film. Pretty please!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Apologies if this was posted previously but this link to a story about Josh contains parole board information about Jim Bob's pal and Josh's pedophile counselor, James Hutchens.  Interestingly includes his lengthy sob story, including his attempt to kill himself by jumping from the top bunk in his cell.  

You guessed it.  He was framed!  And it must have been his wife's grandson who looked at those photos. 

These people cannot be rehabilitated.  I'd say odds are very high Josh will follow a path similar to this guy's.  With the exception of the wife dumping him. 

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/a-closer-look/a-closer-look-josh-duggars-history-of-child-sexual-abuse/

Thank you for posting this article. It filled in some blanks for me. I particularly love that the forensic psychologist was completely accurate in likely behavioral outcomes (said the child psychologist). 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

We have a free streaming service on our smart TV. I have been watching the 80s show Wings pretty much every night. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

"Love don't make things nice, Love roons everything!"

default movies? I share a lot with you all. Goonies, Shawshank, Dirty Dancing, Back to the Future, Princess Bride, Overboard, ("buh, buh, buh") You've Got Mail, Breakfast Club, the Birdcage, so many more...

"Snap out of it!"  and

this exchange are my favorite quotes from that movie

"Loretta, do you love him?"

"Aw Ma, I love him awful."

"Oh, that's too bad."

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

Speaking of TV shows and pedophiles, I see connected to the link that I posted above that Drake from "Drake and Josh" was arrested today for inappropriate contact with a child.    

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5

27 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Speaking of TV shows and pedophiles, I see connected to the link that I posted above that Drake from "Drake and Josh" was arrested today for inappropriate contact with a child.    

I see he was released on a $2,500 bond, which seems low to me.  Sounds like he has multiple DUIs and was also accused by a previous girlfriend of physical abuse.  Seems like this person has numerous issues.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I'm more of a tv show person.  My favorites are:

The Good Doctor

Law & Order (original, SVU, Criminal Intent, and the new Organized Crime)

Criminal Minds

CSI Miami

ER

Veronica Mars

• Upvote 10

Comfort TV:

Law and Order

First 8 or 9 seasons of Criminal Minds, Frasier never gets old to me!

Movies:

I, Tonya

Catch Me if You Can (Oscar for another movie, nowithstanding, I actually think this is Leo's best performance)

Most of the Marvel Movies

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

I see he was released on a $2,500 bond, which seems low to me.  Sounds like he has multiple DUIs and was also accused by a previous girlfriend of physical abuse.  Seems like this person has numerous issues.  

I saw the initial article. Yea, that does sound low to me too. 

• Upvote 3

Ooh, I'll play: 

shows: the good place, parks and rec, community, any show about gold mining, food shows for background noise

Movies: bill and ted's excellent adventure, the big short, real genius, mean girls

• Upvote 6

Currently have Terminator 3 on in the background...it's just noise

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic