IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 14: Arrests And The Big Lie

GreyhoundFan

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Ugh, the “I’m not a citizen, I’m a sovereign citizen!” defense.

You know part of me would really like to see the court take these declarations as renunciation of citizenship and place them in immigration detention centres until their citizenship can be determined. I imagine after the first couple the number of people pulling this crap would drop significantly.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

Full article under spoiler:

Spoiler

The select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection on Wednesday sent a flurry of requests to federal agencies for records related to the attack, including communications from the Trump White House.

It’s the panel’s first step to seek documents on how the U.S. government handled the chaos of the siege on the legislature. Set up by House Democrats with two anti-Trump GOP members, the select committee is escalating its investigation even as the chamber breaks for a monthlong recess.

The committee, chaired by Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), plans to seek executive branch records related to the attack and its run-up — including "communications within and among the White House and Executive Branch agencies" on and before Jan. 6.

The select panel is also seeking records relating to attempts to place politically loyal personnel in positions across the government after the election; the planning, organization and response to Jan. 6 and earlier; and attempts to overturn the rule of law and overturn the 2020 election. One segment of the request notably seeks "documents and communications related to the mental stability of Donald Trump or his fitness for office."

Its requests went to the National Archives and Records Administration, the Justice Department, the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of the Interior, the FBI and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Thompson gave the agencies a two-week deadline to respond. The broad range of the requests could make it difficult for them to do so in time.

The committee asked the National Archives for “all documents and communications within the White House” involving a host of Trump World denizens, including Hope Hicks, former national security adviser Robert O’Brien, Trump adviser Peter Navarro, Kayleigh McEnany, Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn, Melania Trump, all Trump’s adult children except Tiffany Trump, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Rudy Giuliani and Roger Stone.

“I think it is unlikely that the House committee witch hunt is going to find any documents or evidence that the FBI could not find," Stone told POLITICO. "I say again: any claim, implication, insinuation or assertion that I either knew about or had anything to do with the events of January 6 is categorically false and there is no evidence to the contrary."

In its request to the Pentagon, the panel specifically asked for “[a]ll documents and communications concerning possible attempts by President Donald Trump to remain in office after January 20, 2021.” The panel also asked for communications about martial law, the Insurrection Act, and the use of military personnel during last year's election.

And it sought communications to, from, and about Kash Patel, a former aide to the House Intelligence Committee’s top Republican, Rep. Devin Nunes, who ascended through the Trump administration’s national security ranks and served as the acting defense secretary’s chief of staff. The Patel request touches on “civil unrest, violence, or attacks at the U.S. Capitol; challenging, overturning, or questioning the validity of the 2020 election results; or the counting of the electoral college vote on January 6, 2021.”

And it seeks communications between the Defense Department and Trump on Jan. 5 and 6, as well as communications about the 25th Amendment.

From the Department of Homeland Security, the committee requested materials “relating to instructions to stop or delay preparation for the transition of administrations.” The committee also asked for materials related to DHS’s monitoring of social media and to the ousting of Chris Krebs, who ran the department’s cybersecurity agency until Trump fired him for defending the integrity of the election.

The panel also sent a broad request to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, seeking communications "relating to actual or attempted conversations between any ODNI official and any White House official on January 5–6, 2021" on the relevant events of those days.

A request to the Interior Department seeks “all documents and communications relating to National Park Service permits and permit applications for events in Washington, DC relating to the 2020 election” between Election Day and Inauguration Day. The permitting process for the rally held outside the White House on Jan. 6 has drawn particular scrutiny because of the ties between Trump campaign officials and the event.

It also asks for any documents or communications related to “conversations between any Department of the Interior official and President Trump and/or any White House official on January 5–6, 2021, relating to the January 5th rally, the January 6th rally, and/or the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol.” The Park Police came under attack during the insurrection as well at the Washington Monument.

The panel requested a wide-ranging tranche of records from DOJ related to Trump’s attempts to force the department to intervene in the election, then-Vice President Mike Pence’s role in presiding over election certification, any discussion of the 25th Amendment and the department’s response to Jan. 6.

In particular, the committee asks for records on on any potential or actual changes in senior personnel in the period between the election and Inauguration Day, investigations of voter fraud, “all documents and communications involving Mark Meadows, Kurt Olsen, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Jenna Ellis, Joseph diGenova, or Victoria Toensing,” and communications between “any DOJ official and President Trump or any other White House official on January 5–6, 2021.”

The FBI request relates to the agency’s preparation for the attack and intelligence-gathering and communications with the Trump White House. It also asks for records related to election investigations and communications with individuals including Giuliani, Powell and other supporters of Trump's push to overturn the election results.

The select committee is expected to focus on documents from the U.S. Park Police and the National Counterterrorism Center, a component of the director of national intelligence's office. That Center was established after the Sept. 11 attacks as a hub for analysis about terror threats.

Such analysis comes from more than a dozen separate agencies and offices in the sprawling U.S. intelligence community, and compiling it all in one place is supposed to give national security officials clarity on threats. In the case of the Jan. 6 attack, however, U.S. officials clearly underestimated the danger.

A separate House probe scrutinizing Trump’s final weeks in office shut down earlier this month as its investigators handed off their work to the select committee. Documents related to Jan. 6 had already been sought from several of the federal agencies that the select committee solicited Wednesday, but Democrats wanted to consolidate existing inquiries. Wednesday's requests ask the agencies to fulfill the unmet document requests.

The new probe has slowly ramped up over the past few weeks, hiring staff and holding its first hearing focused on the violence Capitol Police officers faced during the attack on Jan. 6. More details on the dangers they faced — and warnings their superiors ignored — will likely emerge in the coming weeks.

In one newly public example, the Secret Service warned officials in the Capitol Police department the day before the attack that their officers could face violence on Jan. 6 at the hands of Trump supporters, according to emails POLITICO first reported Wednesday morning. It is unclear how widely that warning circulated within the police department.

Thompson signaled earlier in the week the panel would also soon send requests to social media and telecommunications companies to ask them to preserve communications records related to the attack — including those of members of Congress. Lawmakers and congressional staff were also covered in Wednesday's sweeping request for Trump White House communications.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) marveled to reporters that Democrats "want to use their majority power" to seek members' phone records while the Biden White House struggles with its withdrawal from Afghanistan.

"They are coming for members of Congress, they're coming for everybody. It's kind of amazing to me," McCarthy said Wednesday.

The call records could be of interest to congressional investigators seeking more details on the timeline of the attack and for answers to unresolved questions about requests for National Guard aid.

Phone records requests could also reveal details of deliberations within the Capitol Police. A notoriously opaque agency, the department disclosed in a Tuesday statement that their command staff used cellphones on Jan. 6 “in order to limit radio traffic.” All of the department’s personnel had previously been issued smartphones to “improve communication,” officials said.

• Thank You 13

Remember when Jacob Wohl and John Burkman decided to send illegal robocalls to mislead Michigan voters? The hammer has come down:

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 3

I wonder why Rudy Giuliani isn’t listed as a defendant, since he’s quoted as inciting the mob.  Is he included as a member of the Trump for President corporation?  Just curious if anyone knows. 

• Upvote 7

Linda Parker, a Federal judge in Michigan, has lethally bitch slapped the Kraken lawyers who filed to overturn the Michigan election results.  She has filleted these jack wagons, slapped them on the grill by destroying them point by point and recommended that the state where each is allowed to practice law take action against them. 

Judge Parker's Federal court order dismantling the Kraken lawyers' arguments is 110 pages long, but Charles Fishman gives us the highlights in this excellent Twitter thread, unrolled here: 

Yesterday, a federal judge in Michigan did something extraordinary & important. Yes, she penalized Trump's election attorneys for their conduct filing a lawsuit to have Michigan's 2020 election results thrown out.

She went through every claim in the original suit, and then she went through every claim they mounted to defend themselves against charges of incompetence & bad lawyering.  And she crushed every single one — with barely restrained fury, but also with meticulous precision. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

Tina Peters, the county clerk in Mesa County, CO, who released information on Dominion voting software, is still MIA. Although she's banned from any election related activity in her office, the county clerk is still in charge of issuing license plates and marriage licenses, so her office is wanting her back.   She's still being paid though.   The Colorado Attorney General's office is also investigating her breach of election security. 

This article discusses why this breach of the software used in the Domion voting machines is hugely problematic, and not just the machines decertified in her county.  

Experts warn of dangers from breach of voter system software  Republican efforts questioning the outcome of the 2020 presidential race have led to voting system breaches that election security experts say pose a heightened risk to future elections

Copies of the software for Dominions election management system from Antrim County, MI and Mesa County, CO were released at the Mike Lindell Cyber"Security"  fluster cluck.  "While it's not clear how the copies came to be released at the event,  they were posted online and made available for public download."  

This is very bad news because 

The release gives hackers a “practice environment” to probe for vulnerabilities they could exploit and a road map to avoid defenses, Hursti said. All the hackers would need is physical access to the systems because they are not supposed to be connected to the internet.

IAMAL, but wouldn't Tina Peters and her accomplices have criminal/civil exposure?  She betrayed her oath of office by compromising the voting process, and stole proprietary software from Dominion. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Linda Parker, a Federal judge in Michigan, has lethally bitch slapped the Kraken lawyers who filed to overturn the Michigan election results.  She has filleted these jack wagons, slapped them on the grill by destroying them point by point and recommended that the state where each is allowed to practice law take action against them. 

I love reading these court filings.  This one was particularly satisfying for the reason you bolded.  The judge directed the clerk to forward the order with instructions for further disciplinary action to each plaintiff’s respective state bar association.  I think it’s the last paragraph.  Priceless.

The judge made a special note that the attorneys were almost unanimous in not taking responsibility for having their name on the complaint, and lots of other shenanigans.  Worth a scroll.  I bet other judges with similar cases are taking note. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

I also like that the lawyers were made responsible for costs related to the sham lawsuit.  Sidney Powell may end up totally broke, sitting in a gutter swilling whiteout and mopping up her tears with pages from a legal tablet. 

As you note, would that this would inspire other Federal judges to do the same for the other sham lawsuits attempting to nullify election results in other states. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 8/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Howl said:

Tina Peters, the county clerk in Mesa County, CO, who released information on Dominion voting software, is still MIA. Although she's banned from any election related activity in her office, the county clerk is still in charge of issuing license plates and marriage licenses, so her office is wanting her back.   She's still being paid though.   

Geez. Where can I get a job where I can disappear for weeks and still get paid? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Gee, Gym suddenly remembers speaking with the mango menace multiple times on January 6.

I like this reaction:

image.png.54221135086ea12c7d59b56b47fd5eec.png

I'm guessing the former guy is going to say, "Jordan? I've heard of him, but don't really know him. I think he brought me a Diet Coke once."

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

And if this wasn't a big deal and the people who entered the Capitol building were just tourists as some like to tell us why would Jim jordan, a huge Trump supporter, be calling Trump up at the time saying call off your guys?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Would've been nice of Gym Jordan showed the same kind of concern for the young men who were being sexually assaulted under his oversight.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I am waiting to hear what comes out from the Select Committee about Paul Gosar.

I was watching the live video feed from the House of Representatives on Jan. 6, and Gosar was at the lectern speaking at the moment when the insurrectionists breached the building and the House and Senate had to suspend business and hide.  He didn't even seem surprised.  I've never been able to shake that "coincidence" and fully expect to learn he was aware of what was coming.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Together we can easily compile a list of most of the Congrespeople traitors who were complicit or at least aware of what was going to happen. Let's see if we get all of the ones the Committee finds. I'll start:

• Josh Hawley
  • Marjory Taylor Greene
  • Lauren Boebert
  • Mo Brooks (not sure of his first name, but the guy who wore body armor to speek at the rally)
  • Paul Goslar
  • Jim Jordan
  • Kevin McCarthy
  • Elise Stefanik (not sure of her but it wouldn't surprise me)
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Ted Cruz
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

I am waiting to hear what comes out from the Select Committee about Paul Gosar.
I was watching the live video feed from the House of Representatives on Jan. 6, and Gosar was at the lectern speaking at the moment when the insurrectionists breached the building and the House and Senate had to suspend business and hide.  He didn't even seem surprised.  I've never been able to shake that "coincidence" and fully expect to learn he was aware of what was coming.
He's my rep and a complete dumpster fire of a human. Even his own family members took out ads against him during the election. But here in Trump Town people just vote red.
  • Upvote 8

After seeing @Cartmann99's post in the Representatives thread, I'm adding Madison Cawthorn to the list.

Spoiler
  • Josh Hawley
  • Marjory Taylor Greene
  • Lauren Boebert
  • Mo Brooks
  • Paul Goslar
  • Jim Jordan
  • Kevin McCarthy
  • Elise Stefanik
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Ted Cruz
  • Madison Cawthorn

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2021 at 12:41 AM, Howl said:

Although she's banned from any election related activity in her office, the county clerk is still in charge of issuing license plates and marriage licenses, so her office is wanting her back.   She's still being paid though. 

I suspect if they stop paying her she'll resurface.

19 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Geez. Where can I get a job where I can disappear for weeks and still get paid? 

Congress?

• Upvote 12

Some BT terrorists don’t have a lawyer right now cause theirs came down with Covid. 

Federal prosecutors said on Monday that 17 defendants who have been charged in connection with the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of then-President Donald Trump have no attorney as John Pierce, the lawyer who has been representing them, is reportedly on a ventilator and unresponsive after contracting COVID-19.

Prosecutors said in a filing in Washington, D.C. federal court that although Ryan Marshall, a Pierce Bainbridge associate and chief financial officer of Pierce's National Constitutional Law Union, has been acting in Pierce's stead, he is not a licensed attorney and cannot advise Pierce's clients.

Marshall might not be able to obtain a bar license at all due to the criminal charges he is facing in Pennsylvania, prosecutors noted. Marshall was allegedly involved in a scheme to defraud a widow, according to an August 2020 Pittsburgh Tribune-Review report prosecutors cited.

Prosecutors made the filing in the case of Casey Cusick, 35, a Florida pastor facing charges relating to the Jan. 6 assault -- including violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds -- and said the case was at a standstill from the government's perspective.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 10

I posted a clip from this on the Sidney Powell thread, but here's the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's program about Rupert Murdoch, Fox News, and the Big Lie. Scroll down to the bottom of each page for a transcript:

Part One

Part Two

It's also up on YouTube if that works better for you:

Spoiler

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Tina Peters has problems and now she has PROBLEMS. 

She's still MIA and now this: Colorado’s secretary of state filed a lawsuit Monday to remove the clerk of Mesa County from her role overseeing elections because the clerk is under criminal investigation for allegedly allowing a security breach of election equipment.

and this:

Ethics complaint filed against Peters by two different entities who allege that being flown to the Cyber"Security" conference on Pillow Guy's dime and subsequently being housed and fed by same at an undisclosed location is afoul of the state's laws on gifts. 

The state limits gifts to government employees, including elected officials, to no more than $65 a year “including, but not limited to, gifts, loans, rewards, promises or negotiations of future employment, favors or services, honoraria, travel, entertainment or special discounts...

Love how they refer to Lindell in one of the ethics complaint: 

“Tina Peters flew up to Mr. Pillow’s cybersymposium on a private plane provided to her and is staying as a guest of the Pillow foundation in clear violation of accepting gift laws,” Beilfuss wrote in his complaint, filed on Aug. 16.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

John Pierce is a wingnut lawyer for a bazillion (17) of the Jan 6 defendants.  He's been MIA for three days and missed a hearing -- supposedly he's in a hospital on a ventilator, or was in a car wreck, or something...  An "associate" appeared in his place at the hearing but that guy is problematic. 

Federal prosecutors warned a judge in the filing that Pierce associate Ryan Marshall — who has been appearing in Pierce’s absence over the past week — “is not a licensed attorney.” Marshall also faces pending two separate felony criminal cases against him personally in Pennsylvania, the prosecutors said.

Capitol riot lawyer John Pierce goes missing with Covid excuse and 17 pending cases, prosecutors say

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic