IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 14: Arrests And The Big Lie

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is so much easier to just mindlessly vote for whoever has an R. People like easy, they like simple and they don’t like to question what they’ve been told their entire lives.

This is so very true. People only diverge from the simple and easy path if something has riled them up. It's why you see the repugs constantly whipping up anger, resentment, fear and hatred, because that is what gets people motivated enough to get out and do something. 

And let's be honest, people being angry and afraid of a second term for Trump was what got Biden to win. Because what works for conservatives works just as well for liberal-minded people.

Get emotions involved, and people will vote for you. Thankfully, it doesn't always have to be fear or anger. Hope is also a powerful motivator -- which was what got Obama elected. If Democrats use hope and solidarity and pitch that against anger and hate, then I believe positive emotions will always win out.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Get emotions involved, and people will vote for you. Thankfully, it doesn't always have to be fear or anger. Hope is also a powerful motivator -- which was what got Obama elected. If Democrats use hope and solidarity and pitch that against anger and hate, then I believe positive emotions will always win out.

Hope can go both ways, though.  I think Trump was elected, in part, because a lot of people were hoping that all the bad news about him either wasn't true or didn't matter.  Emotions were running high against Hillary and reality was being perverted - as politics does - to deflect some cold, hard facts.  Then it was 4+ years of attacking the media, along with the institution of "alternative facts", to help keep the nightmare afloat.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Wasn't sure where to put this...

The GOP's response:

Spoiler

• Upvote 6

The unrolled version of this thread can be found here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 6

41 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this...

The GOP's response:

Hide contents

I guess their not friends anymore? Nah, it'll probably be another Jan 6 where they pretend nothing happened.

• Upvote 3

Did not expect this particular turn of events...

:blink:

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 8

17 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

The unrolled version of this thread can be found here.

How wonderful that the Smithsonian will be making sure to highlight the contribution of Congressman Andy Kim on January 6, 2021.  The photos of him cleaning the Capitol after the insurrection moved me to tears. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

On 7/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, formergothardite said:

I think it would take a lot of time and be an uphill battle. There are a lot of Christians I know who know nothing of politics except that they are supposed to vote for someone if they have an R beside their name. That was how I was raised to vote. For years that is how I did vote. Republicans were the good guys and I didn’t need to think more than that about the candidates.  To get people to change, we have to get them to take the harder path where they look at each candidate individually and vote based on what that person believes. It is so much easier to just mindlessly vote for whoever has an R. People like easy, they like simple and they don’t like to question what they’ve been told their entire lives. Especially since voting R is often wrapped up in their sense of salvation. 

I think this is also something that is going to be inevitable, but it will take incremental steps. We got my mom to vote for Biden this past election. It took lots of discussion to get her there (Pokemon Go outings for the win!) and she wants it hidden from most of her same-age friends, but after months of us pointing out how awful things were, she decided she couldn't vote for Trump.

I am hoping that we as a country are inevitably moving, slowly, in the right direction. I keep thinking that change comes slowly for some people, and it's led by personal relationships and discussions more than anything else. My mom grew up going to segregated schools, while my generation grew up with people of color as both classmates and teachers. My mom grew up not knowing anyone who was gay (she did, our cousin who was our neighbor in the 80's was gay, I'm sure of it, but it wasn't spoken of or even hinted about!) but now a young woman she saw grow up and has always cared about is openly engaged to another woman. She's learning.

I think it's easy for people to say racist things about "black people", but it makes them stop and think when you point out that when they say that they are talking about people like their friend Lakena and her family, who they know are wonderful people. Or for people to vote for people who oppose LGBTQ+ rights, until you point out how that is going to hurt Hannah, who they have known since she was a small child. 

I wish things would move faster, but I am hopeful that they are moving. What scares me is the people who are pushing back against progress and doubling down on hate. 

• Upvote 14

8 months after the election, I am still waiting for the "overwhelming" "evidence" that this "election theft on a scale never before seen in America" actually occurred.  *impatiently tapping foot*

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

Awaiting the freak out from Branch Trumpvidians 

Toyota is reversing its decision to continue donating to lawmakers who voted to object to certifying the 2020 election results, announcing that it will no longer make such contributions. 

Toyota said in a statement that its PAC “equally supports Democrats and Republicans running for Congress,” and noted that the vast majority of contributions this year went to lawmakers from each party who supported certifying the November results. 

“We understand that the PAC decision to support select Members of Congress who contested the results troubled some stakeholders,” the automaker said. “We are actively listening to our stakeholders and, at this time, we have decided to stop contributing to those Members of Congress who contested the certification of certain states in the 2020 election.” 

Multiple corporations have said they will not donate to members of Congress who objected to the Electoral College results on Jan. 6 in the wake of the Capitol riots. In total, 147 GOP members of the House and Senate still voted against affirming President Biden’s victory after the building had been cleared of the pro-Trump mob.

What the fuck took so long Toyota?  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But wait a minute. Isn't stand your ground one of the Republican obsessions? 

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

But wait a minute. Isn't stand your ground one of the Republican obsessions? 

Exactly.  The disconnect is surreal.  How many of the Babbitt Brigade believe that it is justifiable to use lethal force against someone breaking into a home, school, or business?  Babbitt was committing an act of terrorism against this country and was literally breaking into a protected area of the Capitol.  If it is justifiable to use lethal force to protect a home, school, or business then it is absolutely justifiable to use lethal force against a terrorist breaking into a protected area of a federal government building.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Exactly.  The disconnect is surreal.  How many of the Babbitt Brigade believe that it is justifiable to use lethal force against someone breaking into a home, school, or business?  Babbitt was committing an act of terrorism against this country and was literally breaking into a protected area of the Capitol.  If it is justifiable to use lethal force to protect a home, school, or business then it is absolutely justifiable to use lethal force against a terrorist breaking into a protected area of a federal government building.  

You know full well if she had been trying to break THEIR window to get in THEIR home or business they'd have shot her right off and probably bragged about it. Heck, remember Ken and Karen (can't remember their real names) who pulled out guns to protect their home from people who were just walking by? And then got "honored" for it?

These people want to pick and choose what rules apply and when. 

• I Agree 13

15 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

You know full well if she had been trying to break THEIR window to get in THEIR home or business they'd have shot her right off and probably bragged about it. Heck, remember Ken and Karen (can't remember their real names) who pulled out guns to protect their home from people who were just walking by? And then got "honored" for it?

You're thinking of Mark and Patty McCloskey . He's running for Senate now.

He graduated magna cum laude from Southern Methodist University with degrees in Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice. He went on to receive his law degree from SMU as well and has spent the last 36 years representing the rights of his fellow citizens. 

Mark has been married to his wife Patty for 36 years and they have one adult daughter.

On June 28, 2020, and then again on July 3, 2020, he and Patty held off a violent mob through the exercise of their 2nd Amendment rights. Since then, they addressed the Republican National Convention, and have been frequent guests on Fox, Newsmax, OAN, CNN and a variety of national and local news and talk TV and radio programs. They campaigned extensively in support of President Trump and continue to speak around the nation on their support of the Constitution, the traditional values that have made the USA the greatest nation on earth, and the current threats to its continued existence.

Mark has never before run for political office, but he has now answered the call of public duty and is running for the United States Senate from Missouri to fill the seat of retiring Sen. Roy Blunt. Mark is a Conservative outsider who will bring backbone and guts to the US Senate to continue fighting for President Trump’s agenda. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 6

This isn't news to anybody following what his fans are saying...

• Upvote 9

Yeah, she's an attorney

Listen, Judge. We’ve got cases backing us up. You wouldn’t believe how many cases we’ve got over here. In fact, it’s so many cases that I’m not even going to waste your time by pointing them out.

While that sounds like something that a pro se litigant might have written, in this case it was Stefanie Lambert Juntilla, the local counsel for the Michigan Kraken lawsuit. A motion had been filed asking the court to take judicial notice of the Michigan legislature’s report debunking the facially bonkers election fraud claims that gave rise to the Kraken suits. Juntilla responds that the court should ignore the report because the legislature admits that the report is not “exhaustive” and a rogue member of the Michigan House claims that she — and she alone, apparently — is “in receipt of evidence reflecting systematic election fraud in Michigan that occurred in the November 2020 election.”

Which brings Juntilla to this gem:

[Plaintiffs’ attorneys] speech and their right to petition the government for redress of grievances is a First Amendment right protected by a line of US Supreme Court cases too numerous to mention and any attempt to string cite them here would be insulting to all involved.

Ted Lieu for the win.

Yeah it briefly crossed my mind to file that one away in the ol' brain filing cabinet for use in three weeks at the exam.

• Upvote 9

Why didn't I think of trying something along those lines in calculus?  "I totally know the right answer but to write it down would be insulting to my fellow students but mostly to you, Professor Math."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Why didn't I think of trying something along those lines in calculus?  "I totally know the right answer but to write it down would be insulting to my fellow students but mostly to you, Professor Math."

Along with the ol' standby of

RevealedDream.thumb.png.b9b3b15c78c552cb361b6706b5a385cd.png

• Haha 14

I hope he spends many years in prison:

Document excerpts under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0ecc8529185fa0c2524fcc8fbe269cc7.png

image.thumb.png.e4fe39e94bfbfcc5f6424e7f54c12162.png

• Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 6

A few of fuck face's lawyers are about to go through some things, including the lady who didn't want to string cite cases.

Michigan's three top officeholders are seeking the disbarment of four attorneys who were involved in a lawsuit that attempted to overturn the results of the presidential election.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Attorney General Dana Nessel and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, three Democrats who are lawyers themselves, filed complaints Monday with the Attorney Grievance Commission in Michigan and the State Bar of Texas.

Their filings ask that Michigan attorneys Greg Rohl, Scott Hagerstrom and Stefanie Junttila and Texas attorney Sidney Powell be disbarred and lose the ability to practice law in their states.

Nessel said the attorneys were involved in a suit "based on falsehoods, used their law license in an attempt to disenfranchise Michigan voters and undermine the faith of the public in the legitimacy of the recent presidential election, and lent credence to untruths that led to violence and unrest."

Of course that stick of fuck Rohl made the ol GQP standby Nazi Germany comparisons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

More about Officer Dunn:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic