IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 6: Everything about this Is Kind of Cringe

HerNameIsBuffy

I think they said they had been in talks since December, but I'm not 100% certain of that. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I do think the fact that his "job" was also being a member of his own immediate family muddies the waters.  I've never had a boss that would give a crap about me after I left the company, but my dad would have seen to my financial security and protection until the day he died...I do think it's unfair to compare being a working royal when it comes to Harry with a real job that ostensibly you get and keep on merit.

I don't remember personally, did they really only give them a few minutes before they made their announcement?  Because regardless of anything else blindsiding either your family or your boss is a bad idea, for different reasons.  I do think just out of basic decency there should have been discussions in private beforehand and if they couldn't come to resolution that worked for both sides then Harry and Meghan telling them what they were going to do.  If that was just hyperbole on your part that's fine, and I'm not being snarky.  But if it was really only minutes and not at least days/weeks then I see that as both strategically stupid as well as very unkind. 

Did they really expect the US and Canada to pay for security or is that speculation?  I know they expected the family to keep paying and I'm not sure that's unreasonable, but other countries?  Then again Canada still has some ties to the crown I don't pretend to understand, but certainly it would be crazy to expect it from the US.  I mean, historically we're not huge fans of paying for the monarchy when there's nothing in it for us.  

I think though that if you treat Harry's role as essentially being part of a family business, you still run into the issue of "The boss might be Grandma, but you're still an employee and you don't get to send out an email announcing you've changed your hours without consulting her or pick and choose what company rules apply to you."

I'd liken the situation to your parents paying 75% of your rent because you otherwise cannot afford a place close to your work - only for you to decide to move across the country to a far more expensive house without consulting them and still expecting the same level of contribution. 

There's also the issue that being a working royal means you're an official representative of the UK, and therefore the government may also be dragged into some of your activities. Even a part-time royal staying overseas needs to have things negotiated with the local government, like liability for ctimes. Them commentating on political and constitutional matters may be taken as the UK's view on things - so no talk about voting or the Amendments. If you think how diplomats have to abide by various rules and restrictions, you can see why Harry's proposal of getting the perks but no oversight was always going to be a problem not just for the Queen but officials outside the Palace as well. 

Harry sent a copy of the statement to William and Charles literally about 10 minutes before it hit the press, with no further information. He and Meghan justified this by saying that they were unable to get an appointment with the Queen soon enough to discuss it - but while one could sympathise with them wanting to leave ASAP for Meghan's mental health, if your plan relies heavily on other people paying for you, then clearing it with them first is clearly a vital step. As it was, they had to climb down on practically every demand after Harry actually met with his family. 

Yep. The status Harry and Meghan tried to claim was that of Internationally Protected Persons - a status generally assigned to heads of states/governments, ministers, ambassadord and their families. Under a treaty, this imposes obligations on a host government to ensure their security. For instance, if Michelle Obama or Melania Trump had made a visit to the UK accompanied by their minor children, they would not only have SS agents but also the UK would have to provide them with security on its soil. Ditto if Kate and Will took a trip to the US. 

This ended up causing a very big political row (and thus further headache for the UK) in Canada, because the country obviously did not want be forking out for millions to protect the Sussexes for a long-term stay in the country. When the opposition demanded to know what the arrangements were, a minister basically admitted the Sussexes hadn't told them anything, just turned up and let the security be assigned to them as it had done on their previous holiday in the country. 

However, that status for the Sussexes was very much dependent on them carrying out official duties on behalf of the state. When it became clear they were stepping back completely, Canada told them it couldn't continue so they immediately left for America where Tyler Perry had offered his mansion. 

If things had gone as they planned however, the US would have been on the hook whenever they flew in. I don't imagine this would have gone down well, but as previously mentioned, the Sussexes didn't appear to factor in the views of anyone who would have to actually pay for it. 

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Honestly, I don't think majority of your points even crossed Harry's mind. He's been raised his whole life having his life managed for him. I doubt he knows how to do lot of the big organizing things for himself, and so when he wrote out his list of his demands, it's easy to think he assumed that it would just fall into place because he's had how many people working in the background for him? Meghan should have known a little better you'd think. 

What I want to do know is where was Sussex's team throughout this? They would have still had advisors and whatnot. Did anyone sit down with them and say - this is not viable and this is not going to fly? That's what I'd like to know. 

• Upvote 9

At least to me Harry and Meghan don’t like to be told what they can and can’t do and clearly the word “no” is absolute anathema to them. They want what they want when want it and if someone disagrees or questions they are against them!!1 

Remember when Kate was Harry’s sister? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

Honestly, I don't think majority of your points even crossed Harry's mind. He's been raised his whole life having his life managed for him. I doubt he knows how to do lot of the big organizing things for himself, and so when he wrote out his list of his demands, it's easy to think he assumed that it would just fall into place because he's had how many people working in the background for him? Meghan should have known a little better you'd think. 

What I want to do know is where was Sussex's team throughout this? They would have still had advisors and whatnot. Did anyone sit down with them and say - this is not viable and this is not going to fly? That's what I'd like to know. 

That's been my question throughout all of this.  I know they have a reportedly heaving hitting PR firm working for them, but what's coming out is so disjointed it doesn't look like they even have advisors.  So did they go to someone and not listen, or just do this?  Because I can't imagine anyone would advise them to go at it the way they have been.

The only thing I know about modern royals is what I've learned here and even before seeing this thread even I, knowing nothing, would have strongly advised them to against blindsiding the family and to have a cohesive list of non-contradictory talking points.  

Part of my job is internal audit and when I prepare people for external audits I tell them to answer the auditor's question honestly, but only answer what's asked and then stop talking.   I do the same when issuing a statement on behalf of the company, I include required information and stop talking.  If asked a follow up I answer honestly and stop talking.  Rinse repeat.  The BRF is very skilled at this, but these two can't seem to manage the stop talking part of making a statement.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 13

@viii I will always speculate that the January website manifesto was the idea of the Sunshine Sachs team, who weren't going to collect serious money on H&M until they were free and signing their own contracts.  An attempt to fast track negotiations, that I think, backfired.

I could 100% believe Megan & Harry were sold on the idea, after being told they were the most popular royals ever, and that the family would crumble if they made it a public fight  The problem is: their people had never seriously researched "royal" branding in the U.K.; they themselves had no understanding of how security was determined and provided; and - this part I'm admittedly guessing - maybe thought Charles and/or the Queen would pay serious money for a mutual NDA without understanding how both Charles and the Queen view their duchy incomes. 

I can only speculate, but I bet the Queen's lawyers purposefully made sure to piecemeal the negotiations, and the "royal" branding laws were not seriously explained to an aghast Harry & Megan until everything else was first negotiated and agreed. 

(Which is why I think H&M early on in the negotiations agreed to payback on Frogmore- they thought "oh this is nothing, we're gunning for the Sussex Royal brand".  Meanwhile the Queen's attorneys likely knew they would win, and just kept delaying the discussion with smiles on their faces.)

No one could have stopped them from moving to the U.S. and working.  At most, the Queen could have stripped their status and their titles, and tried to charge them for Frogmore. That's it.  In the end they have a status they can't mention, a title they can't brand, and they pay for their own security. The real fight was likely always over "Sussex Royal" and getting free international security. They lost on both, and still had to pay back on a house they will likely never live in much.  They probably believe they won by keeping the Sussex title, but as a longtime royal watcher, I personally think the Queen was never going to strip her grandson of a peerage, and outside the U.K., I don't think "HRH' means much.  JHMO.

• Upvote 14

Who wants to place odds Lady Sussex being born on June 12 AKA the Trooping and the Queens ceremonial B day? 

Who really thinks at this point  thats just ridiculous and they would never pull that kind of stunt? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

43 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I will always speculate that the January website manifesto was the idea of the Sunshine Sachs team, who weren't going to collect serious money on H&M until they were free and signing their own contracts.  An attempt to fast track negotiations, that I think, backfired.

I may have told a couple friends and family that was what was going on when Sussex Royal was first hinted about and repeated it in January.  There have been too many people with their own self-interest at the forefront nattering in H&M's ears.  They were foolish enough to listen without sufficient skepticism and research.  This likely resulted in being played by both sides as suggested above. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Who wants to place odds Lady Sussex being born on June 12 AKA the Trooping and the Queens ceremonial B day? 

Who really thinks at this point  thats just ridiculous and they would never pull that kind of stunt? 

Who gives a shit? If they are as irrelevant as you say, then no one in the UK will care.

And like oh no, not the queen's ceremonial birthday. Perish the thought that a day that isn't actually the anniversary of anything should potentially have to share the spotlight with someone's actual birthday.

• Upvote 13

14 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They really did give them only a few minutes before the announcement. Talks had been going on for a while, and H&M felt that they were being put off (probably in the hope that they would change their minds). Then the media found out (likely because RBF staff told them) and gave Harry and Meghan little notice that they were going to print. So H&M claimed that forced them to release their statement, but of course they could have let the story run and continued negotiations.

I still don’t understand why they though they had to jump the gun because a tabloid was writing an article about that. There had been public speculation of them moving to SA for months before that. And what would have happened? BP is fantastic at giving no comment. It would have actually strengthened their position because BP would have had to actual deal with the situation and find a solution with them. Especially because they would have been approached as well and could have told BP they we’re going to answer honestly. They wouldn’t have been the bad guys in that scenario. And if you read the pro-articles coming out it always sounds as if M has a direkt line to the Queen as can just call on a whim. And don’t forget the weekly video chat to see Archie (or is that new?). And wasn’t she extremely close to Philip (especially in the last couple of their whole two years, ?they really love to exaggerate to a point where you can only shake your head about them- and that this leads to people actually believing her letter and wreath being placed on his coffin ??‍♀️). So why couldn’t they get this matter discussed? How could they blindsight them and disappear to Canada without their passports? And how can they do that but not get help for a suicidal pregnant woman? They could issue a statement nobody knew about - they were hardly prisoners. I wish someone would lay their several versions next to each other. If you look how they almost completely changed their narrative everything they say brings massive question marks in my head.

In general I think we see a massive communication problem at play. And while I don’t think the BRF is faultless (I do think they can be cooly, formal and stiff to each other which can come across as not caring) I think H (and M? unclear because from what they talked about it was always H that was part of the conversation) seems to be unable to make a strong point. Telling your father what issues you have/had with him personally and work it out? Adress the person that made a (probably not meant but obviously it can still be received as) racist comment? Explain why exactly you think your children need to be Prince/Princess? Tell them you were stepping back and not carry out any more engagements. It seems he/they never really addressed this but are very much offended afterwards and not open to see the other POV. That’s the behaviour I expected from teenagers. And is exactly this non-confrontational behaviour PC is said to have. The BRF has probably not helped and I can totally see them giving only short factual information instead of carefully explaining. 

@MomJeans I actually think they thought H should know. And I think so too. He was in his mid/late-thirties, had spearheaded a mental health campaign and worked in full capacity for the family business for years. He should have known about the title/protection issue. He might have been a bit blindsided by the cutting out of his children but sorry bro not your choice to make. And the writing was on the walls for years. He could have known about their brand name becoming a problem. He seems very much of normal intelligence so there is really no reason to cry about those matters.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 10

22 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Meghan doesn’t seem the type to have a scheduled c-section so if it did happen, it would be pure coincidence. 

You’d probably still find a way to blame them, though. 

• Upvote 10
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, viii said:

Meghan doesn’t seem the type to have a scheduled c-section so if it did happen, it would be pure coincidence. 

You’d probably still find a way to blame them, though. 

Please. If it gives Meghan an edge to get attention, press on someone else’s occasion she will do it. 

Your devoted persistence in leg humping your girl Meghan is fascinating.Now you are going to call me a racist and or sexist right?  

• Downvote 5
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 3

On 6/4/2021 at 6:51 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

More than once lately I've thought if @tabitha2 sent me an 'I told you so' PM I'd deserve it.  To her credit she didn't rub it in!

Now this is something I need to see...I so need to see the Mayflower crew on Oprah being asked how they feel about their parents and whether or not they love Jimmy Choo shoes.

Aint that the truth!  and you're right - wait until Archie and sis are older.  When my kids were babies I was sure I was going to be an amazing parent with few, minor mistakes, sure...but nothing like my parents.  And in some ways I absolutely am not, but the older I got the more I understood my parents and why they did certain things.  Even where I still didn't agree, at least I understood their intentions if that makes sense.  And sadly, I learned late in life I had some of the same blind spots.  Not intentional, but you can't see what you can't see and knowing how desperately I love my own kids despite my flaws as a parent and human being I realized maybe my parents did the best they could under their circumstances, too.

Damn it Harry making me feel bad for Prince Charles.  Although, tbh, I'd have no problem with him confronting his dad about feeling mistreated or such if he did it in private.  I think we owe our kids those conversations and answers where we have them, apologies where they're owed.  But if he'd done it in private none of us would be talking about it.  

Agree to disagree on the useful part and while I agree they are living history I still think the elitism of one family being superior by birth, and by birth order within that family is inexcusable in this day and age.  I do love the idea of having head of state separate than the political leader because in the US I think our office of President has too many roles to be effective at all of them....I think we should have separate head of state for representing the country.  I just think it should be someone elected or at least appointed with congressional confirmation rather than someone who happened to be born into the right family in the right order.  

Amen on the parenting part!  I now have 2 teenagers and....um....please send help and free wine!  Whew.  I felt just like you said earlier on in the journey of motherhood.  It's humbling. 

By useful, I was the thinking about the revenue they bring from tourism.  Other than that, IDK.  Like I said, it ain't our problem anymore!  

• Upvote 4

On 6/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, Coconut Flan said:

I may have told a couple friends and family that was what was going on when Sussex Royal was first hinted about and repeated it in January.  There have been too many people with their own self-interest at the forefront nattering in H&M's ears.  They were foolish enough to listen without sufficient skepticism and research.  This likely resulted in being played by both sides as suggested above. 

My guess is that Meghan wrote the manifesto close to solo.  It reads like her.  I think it's Harry that should've known better, it's his family, his history.  I doubt he was unaware of Uncle David ( I think I got that right, Mr. Wallis Simpson) and how that landed up.  They admitted to not having a plan on Oprah. I believe them!  They honestly thought they could strong arm the BRF and when that didn't work, they left with no plan.  Went luxury couch surfing. Someone has to be backing them or I don't think they'd have the balls.  The plan to leave with all the perks was happening before the wedding it turns out.  

It's a mess and since those two love to share, I'm here for it!  Covid times are boring like that. 

I would love to know how they are paying for all the PR and lawyers.  They are spending a ton of money.  Plus, mansion and its upkeep.  

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Please. If it gives Meghan an edge to get attention, press on someone else’s occasion she will do it. 

Your devoted persistence in leg humping your girl Meghan is fascinating.Now you are going to call me a racist and or sexist right?  

Lolllll I’ve criticized Meghan plenty - this thread is titled after something I’ve said. I like Harry and Meghan but I won’t hesitate to remark on the dumb shit they do when I believe it’s warranted. ? I don’t believe in fangirling ANYONE, not even my gurl Liz. ??

And yes, you still are racist and sexist when you talk about Meghan majority of the time. ??‍♀️ 

• Upvote 10
  • Move Along 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, viii said:

Lolllll I’ve criticized Meghan plenty - this thread is titled after something I’ve said. I like Harry and Meghan but I won’t hesitate to remark on the dumb shit they do when I believe it’s warranted. ? I don’t believe in fangirling ANYONE, not even my gurl Liz. ??

And yes, you still are racist and sexist when you talk about Meghan majority of the time. ??‍♀️ 

I think this is a case of reading eachother wrong. Tabitha is blunt and finds dry humor in this topic.  She's not one for getting mushy or long posty.  I don't personally feel she is a racist or sexist person.  The topic of a patriarchal monarchy involves sexism and racism.  Comments can get tricky especially typing online. If we were hanging out irl munching on chips and salsa, I think conversation would be easier with facial expressions and tone of voice.  

*disclaimer: I'm way behind on this thread and at best I will poke around not read it all. 

I definitely thought you were a major Meg and Harry stan but if you liked my last comment than you can't be lol         I'm trying not to get carried away with online life, I ditched FB and haven't been on here except recently for a year.  I'm just tired of seeing people go at it for trivial things like this and big world events too.  It's exhausting to have to explain oneself over and over and the division.  Ugh. We can agree to disagree without getting nasty, discuss or drop it even.  This topic doesn't affect any one of us, unlike fundies who vote and mess up life for normal people with their shit.  This is fun :)

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 2

I said at the time of the engagement that something wasn't right.  Meghan wasn't very convincing to me, in her pseudo adoring looks at Harry; they leaned a little more toward smirks.  And that last day, in Westminster Abbey, when she wrapped herself from head to toe in green, and applied full evening makeup, she knew very well that picture of her was going to be splashed everywhere for a long time.  She had all the cameras spotted out and she used them.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

13 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I don't personally feel she is a racist or sexist person.  The topic of a patriarchal monarchy involves sexism and racism.  Comments can get tricky especially typing online. If we were hanging out irl munching on chips and salsa, I think conversation would be easier with facial expressions and tone of voice.  

I definitely thought you were a major Meg and Harry stan but if you liked my last comment than you can't be lol         

I’m not going to argue about it but there are previous threads where @tabitha2 stated many racist and sexist things. Multiple people pointed them out to her and she doubled down on her opinions, rather than apologizing  or acknowledging. 

I like Harry and Meghan for the most part. It’s gotten a lot harder to like them over the last 18 months but... I wish them well. I believe a good chunk of way they say, but can also admit that not all of their stories line up. I don’t fully understand some of their stories either but I’m not American or British so I don’t expect to. 

I’m a believer that you can like multiple things at once, even if those things don’t like to co-exist. I like most of the royals, even though I agree the monarchy shouldn’t really exist in 2021. 

• Upvote 9

On 6/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, just_ordinary said:

On a lighter note: do we think Santa Doriana will arrive by the end of the month or is maybe already with us? I know they said „in early? summer” and I know bump size, clothes and angles can be misleads but just judging those few picture I would be surprised if she doesn’t arrive any day now.

I read a report that said the baby was due June 10 which would have been Prince Phillip’s 100th birthday.  I don’t know how accurate that is, but if Harry hasn’t expressed any concern about being able to attend the unveiling of Diana’s statue in early July, an earlier rather than a later due date is more likely. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, viii said:

I’m not going to argue about it but there are previous threads where @tabitha2 stated many racist and sexist things. Multiple people pointed them out to her and she doubled down on her opinions, 

I am not going to apologize for my opinions or you reading what you want to read into my posts and see what simply is not there. Your hang up is not my responsibility.  I don’t care for Meghan = I am racist and sexist!1! is beyond  bizarre to me though. 

I never actually said one sentence or even word about her color other than to say she is Bi racial which is true. 

Yes. I am dry and non sentimental and my Bull shit and sarcasm meter is finely tuned . Please feel free to ignore if you are offended! 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 6/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They really did give them only a few minutes before the announcement. Talks had been going on for a while, and H&M felt that they were being put off (probably in the hope that they would change their minds). Then the media found out (likely because RBF staff told them) and gave Harry and Meghan little notice that they were going to print. So H&M claimed that forced them to release their statement, but of course they could have let the story run and continued negotiations.

I think they would have let the story run and/or come out with a much softer announcement (“Harry and Meghan are discussing the possibility of ….”) if they hadn’t wanted to push the Firm into dealing with a fait accompli.   

My impression of Harry and Meghan is they want to control the narrative and call the shots.  They did not want prolonged negotiations— they wanted the royal blessing on their plan.

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I never actually said one sentence or even word about her color other than to say she is Bi racial which is true. 

You don’t have to speak directly about her skin colour to be racist. You don’t have to apologize for your opinions or the things you say but I will continue to point out racist things when I see them. ??‍♀️

Now on to better things... I forgot about the statue unveiling for July 1st. I’d definitely say that indicates the baby is due earlier in June, rather than later. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 2

On 6/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, Beermeet said:

…..

So, just Meg helped him realize he was trapped in his family.  Bitch, who isn't?  Stay or go but move on.  He has yet to have a teenager, oh boy.  You start understanding some stuff about your parents when it's you going through it.  Harry needs to grow TF up.  

….

That is so true.  I think what strikes me most about Harry and Meghan’s public statements is that they complain that they didn’t get enough empathy from the RF, but they show very little empathy towards the family they complain about.  

Someday Archie and/or his sister may do a tell-all documentary in which he exposes how he felt growing up.  ?

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I think they would have let the story run and/or come out with a much softer announcement (“Harry and Meghan are discussing the possibility of ….”) if they hadn’t wanted to push the Firm into dealing with a fait accompli.   

My impression of Harry and Meghan is they want to control the narrative and call the shots.  They did not want prolonged negotiations— they wanted the royal blessing on their plan.

I think both is true. They tried to strongarm and this was the perfect momentum in their view (big mistake). But I think the RF definitely ignored their wish to talk for a bit. What I wonder is what exactly would have been discussed if the talk had happened before they heard about the article. Because it sounded as if they were actually trying to talk about different roles instead of stepping back (but not completely only to move and earn money). The stepping back sounded like the last desperate move but after more than one year it’s pretty unclear what exactly they wanted in the first place. Different roles? More help against tabloid headlines? The opportunity to earn money? Escaping a racist environment? Getting a therapist? 
If they had been nagging about wanting different roles and complaining all the time about negative press I can totally see no one wanting to have this discussion again and thereby missing that they were determined to step back if they didn’t get what they want. 
But there are also some things that leave the uneasy feeling of them planning the exit for much much longer. But their many plot holes is another problem. 
@Beermeet the money question is definitely a good one. I think they have worked their way through his inheritance from Diana by now. Will be interesting if there is any coming their way by Philip (I don’t know UK law, but my guess is most goes to his wife and from there it will be passed on to the children when her time comes. I don’t really see anything going to the grandchildren or great grandchildren in a big capacity. It’s not as if any of them needs it. ). H has a job as Chief Impact Officer.  There was allegedly a $500.000 cheque for her book and a paid for speaking gig. I am not sure how much income is really at hand from Netflix and Spotify. Because with Netflix they should have production costs. And if they plan on promoting the unheard voices from the likes as Elton John, Stacey Abrams, James Corden and Naomi Osaka in their podcast this will probably also cost quite some money. I highly doubt they will come on for free so H&M can earn money. I wonder if they get paid for their interviews. 
Archwell is a foundation rather than a charity so it could provided a good  income if it was profitable. But I think the paperwork is still not finalised? But I haven’t heard anything in that regard. 
So yeah, I do wonder how they finance themselves but it’s really not my problem as long as it isn’t my money. I do think they overestimated how much money they could make and I still wonder why they thought their status warranted a multi million dollar villa if they had to whine about being cut off financially (even though it seems recollections might vary about that as well). You can only spend as much as you have and maybe you just cannot afford the life you dream of regarding materialistic markers. I would say that’s true for most people. Suck it up and downsize.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

My guess is that Meghan wrote the manifesto close to solo.  It reads like her.  I think it's Harry that should've known better, it's his family, his history.  I doubt he was unaware of Uncle David ( I think I got that right, Mr. Wallis Simpson) and how that landed up.  They admitted to not having a plan on Oprah. I believe them!  They honestly thought they could strong arm the BRF and when that didn't work, they left with no plan.  Went luxury couch surfing. Someone has to be backing them or I don't think they'd have the balls.  The plan to leave with all the perks was happening before the wedding it turns out.  

It's a mess and since those two love to share, I'm here for it!  Covid times are boring like that. 

I would love to know how they are paying for all the PR and lawyers.  They are spending a ton of money.  Plus, mansion and its upkeep.  

They have a lot of money.  They also can borrow a lot of money because they have earning potential— Harry just needs to do a few more tell-alls.

That Harry seems to have been clueless about the cost of things such as security does not surprise me.  But Meghan was a middle-class/upper-middle class American girl.  I am sure she had to pay bills and remembers a time before her Prince came and she lived in houses with fewer than 9 bedrooms. The whole thing baffles me.

I always try to see both sides and in any case it doesn’t take much imagination to figure out some of the problems Harry had as a member of the royal family, but he also had tremendous advantages.  I truly sympathize but only up to the point that he seems to want to pay for his new life by trashing his family. ??‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic