IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 6: Everything about this Is Kind of Cringe

HerNameIsBuffy

10 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Also, he probably protected Harry from a lot of the unpleasantness of his parent's divorce/fights and other unhealthy actions.  As an older sibling, I would always try to protest my younger sibling from those arguments.  I would make us go outside so we couldn't hear it or I would find a way to distract the sibling.  I would also try to take the "blame" when it was needed in order to protect the younger sibling because that was what you do as the older sibling.  I imagine that William tried to protect Harry from the extremes of their parents - the fights, Diana's breakdowns and paranoia, etc.

I have an older sister who did that for me and I could spend the rest of my life trying to thank her and not even come close.

Protecting younger kids should never be the responsibility of older siblings, but those of you who did it anyway are heroes.  

• Love 20

For what it is worth, I also saw a picture of the note and it was signed "Lilibet".  I found it again several days ago, but can't seem to find it now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I was hoping Harry and Meghan would go a bit bold for the name, perhaps something like Alice Frances.  That would honor Prince Philip, which I would think make the Queen happy, and Harry's late mother.  Lilibet is honestly a bit underwhelming for me for the baby's name.  Lilibet Diana is a big name to take on.  Most of the world only knows of one Lilibet, and that's the Queen. 

I do wish them all well. 

• Upvote 3

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-prince-harry-introduced-baby-lilibet-to-queen-in-video-call/

Harry and Meghan introduced Lili to the Queen shortly after her birth. 

The article is also sure to say: The couple had shared the baby's name ahead of her birth with his grandmother, whose childhood nickname provided inspiration for Prince Harry, 36, and his wife, 39.

Looks like the Queen knew about it before the baby was even born, so I'm assuming this means she approved and those rumors can lay to rest, now. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

After thinking on it for a couple of days, I think they could have been subtle and just gone with Lili Diana. People would have got it. The first I heard of the news was the Cambridge congratulations message on Instagram and as soon as I saw Lili I knew it was for Lilibet. But when have H&M ever been subtle? ?

I just realised - they call Charlotte ’Lottie’ … it’s a lot to have Lili, Lottie, Louis and Lucas as first cousins. 

I’m glad Queen Elizabeth has ‘met’ Lili and I hope her new Great Granddaughter brings her joy.

• Upvote 2

If they had gone with Lili, I wouldn't have assumed it was for Lilibet. That one came wayyy out of left field, kind of like Archie did. At least Lili/Lilibet has family meaning. Archie is still such a WTF name to me. 

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, viii said:

If they had gone with Lili, I wouldn't have assumed it was for Lilibet. That one came wayyy out of left field, kind of like Archie did. At least Lili/Lilibet has family meaning. Archie is still such a WTF name to me. 

No snark at all but in this thread I've learned that Lilibet is a name and that it's courteous to ask family before naming your kid after them.  :) 

Honestly, when I named my daughter after my mom I didn't even ask her and she hated her name....but she loved the nickname her namesakes goes by.  Kinda wondering now if I should have asked.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, adidas said:

After thinking on it for a couple of days, I think they could have been subtle and just gone with Lili Diana. People would have got it. The first I heard of the news was the Cambridge congratulations message on Instagram and as soon as I saw Lili I knew it was for Lilibet. But when have H&M ever been subtle? ?

I just realised - they call Charlotte ’Lottie’ … it’s a lot to have Lili, Lottie, Louis and Lucas as first cousins. 

I’m glad Queen Elizabeth has ‘met’ Lili and I hope her new Great Granddaughter brings her joy.

The one thing I learned with having my own kids and with every pregnant friend and family member since is almost everyone has strong opinions about names and whatever you pick someone will hate it.

Naming kids is one of the most important decisions you make for them, parents should choose a name they love and let everyone who doesn't like it suck it up.  Not saying you, talking about names of celebrity babies is a time honored gossip tradition!  I just mean the people in their lives who have opinions.  I'd never heard of the name Lilibet but it's kind of growing on me.  I don't like the name Lily at all, or Archie, so not a fan of their choices but as long as they are that's what matters.

My only criteria for a name is that both parents like it.  My brother was named for my dad's side and said she could name the next one, which was me.  My dad hated my name and that's a crappy thing to do to a kid.  One of the few times he let her have her way and I paid for it!

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I don't like Lily or Archie, either. Lily is too super common for me, but I guess Archie is common in the UK as well. It just makes me think of Riverdale comics (not the terrible show). They could have gone a lot worse but they could have gone a lot better, too! 

I really thought Meghan was the type to go with more vintage, classical names. Shows what I know ?‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, viii said:

...but I guess Archie is common in the UK as well. It just makes me think of Riverdale comics (not the terrible show).

I think Archie Bunker from All in the Family is who I think of first. A generational thing I suppose. :pb_wink: 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I've never seen that show, I hadn't even heard of it until Archie had been born and that was the first reference some people made. ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LearningtoFly said:

I was hoping Harry and Meghan would go a bit bold for the name, perhaps something like Alice Frances.  That would honor Prince Philip, which I would think make the Queen happy, and Harry's late mother.  Lilibet is honestly a bit underwhelming for me for the baby's name.  Lilibet Diana is a big name to take on.  Most of the world only knows of one Lilibet, and that's the Queen. 

I do wish them all well. 

Diana got her middle name, Frances, from her mother, with whom she had a very difficult relationship and from whom she was estranged at the time of her death. I don’t think Harry would use it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I think Lili/y and Archie go well together. Both are a bit cutesy and moderately popular. I find it pretty interesting that they choose absolutely no connection between Archie and either side of the family but Lili got the full royal package. 
If I start repeating myself I apologise. I am on several forums and cannot keep up with my own comments/thoughts.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s weird. Do you usually refer to people by the age they aren’t yet? Do you start six months before? A month? 3 months? Why? Unless it’s a relevant context - like “ Prince Harry had to cancel his planned 13th birthday party,  because his mom had just died 2 1/2 weeks prior” - what would be the point? 

When my child was 14 days before her birthday and someone asked me how old she was, I never said she was 12 years 11 months and 14 days. Wouldn't most of us  say 13 in that case?

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

1 minute ago, omilona said:

When my child was 14 days before her birthday and someone asked me how old she was, I never said she was 12 years 11 months and 14 days. Wouldn't most of us  say 13 in that case?

I've never given months and days for any age, I'd have probably said almost 13 in casual conversation, but in most cases I'd have said 12.  I've never rounded up an age for anyone, why would you?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've never given months and days for any age, I'd have probably said almost 13 in casual conversation, but in most cases I'd have said 12.  I've never rounded up an age for anyone, why would you?

My feeling is that if you are within days of a birthday, which if you are an adolescent is a more favorable thing than in your 50's, my  kid was all in on being 13 instead of 12 years 11 months and 14 days or how about 12 years 11 months and 30 days 23 hours and 59 minutes..is it still 12?  But to each their own. No worries ?

On 6/6/2021 at 9:27 AM, Xanariel said:

I would be very much surprised if Harry's anywhere close to running through his money, especially with the deals struck with Netflix and Spotify. I think he likely massively dislikes the thought of dipping into his own reserves, hence why he was so bitter about Charles refusing to pay for any more, but he's got Diana's money, money from the Queen Mother and Philip - he and Meghan are pretty much set for life. 

I go back and forth over exactly how the talks with the BRF may have broken down. I can buy that the BRF/courtiers were inflexible at points, didn't take the Sussexes seriously at other stages, and locked ranks when the statement came out whereas they might have been willing to give a little way before. 

But Harry and Meghan have definitely been a little shifty on the truth at different points. They can't claim they only struck deals to afford security when they were already holding meetings a year prior to leaving. They seem to have had the idea that jumping the gun and putting their statement out in the open would force the BRF to cave, because there is no other reason I can fathom why you would set out your future plans without checking with the people who would need to both sign off and fund it. 

And they seem pretty obsessed with the idea that William's family is getting stuff they aren't, so I think there was a pretty uncomfortable dynamic with the Cambridges there that showcased itself with how done Will and Kate looked at the Commonwealth ceremony. 

Wait until #6 meets his new partner, the IRS. For a person who has never paid a single penny in tax, a 37% tax bracket along with $115,000 per annum property tax on the Chateau at Riven Rock may well give him a nose bleed https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/975-Lilac-Dr_Santa-Barbara_CA_93108_M28526-20698

And according to Forbes Magazine, #6 got nothing from QEQM and is down to $5 million, which wont keep Molotov Mayhem a year https://www.forbes.com/sites/dawnchmielewski/2021/02/26/how-much-are-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-worth-surprisingly-not-that-much/?sh=4022455fc417

Edited by omilona
  • Downvote 6
  • Confused 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, Xanariel said:

I would be very much surprised if Harry's anywhere close to running through his money, especially with the deals struck with Netflix and Spotify. I think he likely massively dislikes the thought of dipping into his own reserves, hence why he was so bitter about Charles refusing to pay for any more, but he's got Diana's money, money from the Queen Mother and Philip - he and Meghan are pretty much set for life. 

I feel like they aren't getting the full reported amount from Spotify without actually doing a podcast. I'm guessing Spotify didn't pay $25 million for one episode which is all they have managed in the six months since it was announced. And they have yet to deliver any content for Netflix so it's unlikely that's been paid either. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Just now, viii said:

Man, I’d take two @tabitha2s over you. ?

I don't believe that's an option. I'm sorry if my posting the actual reality  of the situation annoys you. Was it Forbes Magazine, in particular, or the house listing showing that it's $115,000 a year in taxes?

Or maybe the 37% tax bracket?

1 minute ago, omilona said:

I don't believe that's an option. I'm sorry if my posting the actual reality  of the situation annoys you. Was it Forbes Magazine, in particular, or the house listing showing that it's $115,000 a year in taxes?

Or maybe the 37% tax bracket?

Actually, it’s none of that. I appreciate you posting that because I never thought about what a rude wake up call taxes will be to Harry. That was good. 

It’s the way you continue to be so vile and sexist towards Meghan that irritates the shit out of me. You can dislike the woman but toxic nicknames are gross. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

Sorry, please point to where I have been sexist? I call her Molotov Mayhem because she has a  long term demonstrable history of blowing up relationships and leaving a trail of destruction and chaos in her wake. That's not sexist. That's the empirical evidence.

Edited by omilona
capitalization
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 6

That might be your perspective, that’s not evidence. A lot of people lose relationships as they become more and more famous - generally because people start using them and so they have to keep a tight knit circle. we have zero idea why Meghan has gone through the handful of relationships she has, and calling your speculation ‘empirical evidence’ is laughable. 

In the last 18 months we have hardly heard or seen Meghan, save a handful of times. If you’re going to be pissed at anyone, your vitriol should be targeted at Harry, who can’t ever seem to shut up and go away. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Both sides of her family of origin have been jettisoned.  True or false? At least one husband prior to #6 was jettisoned with the wedding ring mailed to him. True or false? #6's family has been jettisoned. True or false? Jessica Mulroney was jettisoned. True or false.  The only people she invited to her wedding were complete strangers. True or false? Shall I go on? 

And again, if you are going to call me names, such as 'SEXIST' you will need to point to it or sit down.

Edited by omilona
  • Downvote 7

Using Jessica Mulroney, a racist fuck, is a poor example. Using Thomas and Samantha Markle as other examples is also a poor choice. It just makes me root for Meghan more ??‍♀️ The rest is just pure speculation. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, omilona said:

Both sides of her family of origin have been jettisoned.  True or false? At least one husband prior to #6 was jettisoned with the wedding ring mailed to him. True or false? #6's family has been jettisoned. True or false? Jessica Mulroney was jettisoned. True or false.  The only people she invited to her wedding were complete strangers. True or false? Shall I go on? 

And again, if you are going to call me names, such as 'SEXIST' you will need to point to it or sit down.

Ma’am you seem to have mistaken this for Twitter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic