IGNORED

Roseuncharted: Fundie Queen of Conspiracy Instagram

closetcagebaby

I give a lot less insulin at the beach. Running around and swimming keeps BG low - I even straight up disconnected Younger’s insulin pump at the last water park we were at before the world shut down.
Long-term hyperglycemia will kill you, but you die from hypoglycemia pretty quick. If she’s fixated on highs and feeling triumphant about low insulin use, she’s possibly missing lows. And he also might be in the “honeymoon,” where the pancreas is still wheezing along in it’s death throes and pumping out a bit of insulin.
T1 is really, really hard. It can make normal people crazy. I didn’t get more than 4 hours of sleep at a time for 2 years, and that was on a good night. It also makes crazy people a lot crazier, especially if they’re frantically looking for someone or something to blame.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 9

Where did she post about her kid’s T1? I’m always interested in the “But nature has a solution for every problem!” brigade when they find out that sometimes, nature tries to kill you and staying alive requires synthetics.
(I’m reading her Qanon nonsense - she’s just so convinced that wearing a mask is an intolerable and unbearable burden. Imagine what it would be like if she faced actual prejudice!)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

@bea

I don't think Rose Uncharted has a child with Type 1 diabetes. Another woman who reminds someone else of Rose Uncharted. 

As for Rose, she of course wants a homebirth, but she is also looking at unattended birth. 

• Thank You 1

Oh it’s Sara Jo, I read that wrong. Who is likewise nuts.
It’s always intriguing to see how the smug self-satisfied “God keeps us healthy” crowd deals with illnesses you can’t hide or ignore. Hard to blame poor diet and sugar and vaccines for your kid’s illness when your ENTIRE PERSONAL BRAND is about how healthy you are and how healthy your kids are, but your kid still can’t avoid illness.
So then it becomes this weird mashup of “we handle T1 better because Jesus” and “Jesus doesn’t let us get sick because we’re holy” and “we are being tested by god” and a healthy dose of “this is somebody else’s fault.”
That poor kid. Pic on Instagram of how “infrared saunas make blood glucose go down!” B*tch, so does a hot tub, step off.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As for Rose, she of course wants a homebirth, but she is also looking at unattended birth. 

She wants to freebirth? Or am I reading that wrong?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I’m assuming it means she wants to give birth without the oversight of any medical professionals. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

3 hours ago, G33kywife said:

I’m assuming it means she wants to give birth without the oversight of any medical professionals. 

So I had to look the term "freebirth". Yes freebirth and unassisted birth are the same thing, but I didn't know that.

In terms of Rose, she is still making decisions, but she is looking into unassisted birth and maybe leaning in that direction. She still has time to change her mind and hire a midwife.

• Upvote 2

Ah, OK, I hadn't realised the term "freebirth" might be more regional.  I was thinking "unassisted birth" might have a different slant or something e.g. a doula but not a midwife. 

I sincerely hope she doesn't freebirth, there's a good reason why women have tended to have an assistant (and have tended to try and get an experienced one at the very least). 

• Upvote 4

Karissa Collins had an unassisted birth and she had friends there at least for part of it. 

I think homebirth is risky enough. There are complications that can only be treated in a hospital like hemorrhaging. In certain cirumstances, homebirth might be okay.

Deliberately giving birth without a medical professional present is nuts, imo. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Home birth in many countries is well regulated and very safe, because the same midwives working in hospitals do home births. Literally, in my current country the midwives are on schedule for home and hospital deliveries at any given time. My midwife joked which days she was on and off schedule so I could try to get her, since I wasn't private, so no matter where I delivered I didn't get a choice of who I got to actually be at the delivery. 

Mind, these are not US midwives, these are the medically trained, professionals, with well regulated, proper training and good educations. The US has a mixed bag of proper professionals and uneducated hacks. Many other countries use midwives as the main go to for the majority of low risk pregnancies, safely. But that is because the standard in midwives is so high.

I say all this, because home birth can be very safe in the right, trained hands, but some how, people like this, see the best choice to is to risk make things even worse for themselves, not better! I know some one who did some pretty bad nerve damage to themselves, choosing to do unassisted birth, she tried to blame things away, but I was very happy she went to the hospital with her last. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, bea said:

Oh it’s Sara Jo, I read that wrong. Who is likewise nuts.
It’s always intriguing to see how the smug self-satisfied “God keeps us healthy” crowd deals with illnesses you can’t hide or ignore. Hard to blame poor diet and sugar and vaccines for your kid’s illness when your ENTIRE PERSONAL BRAND is about how healthy you are and how healthy your kids are, but your kid still can’t avoid illness.
So then it becomes this weird mashup of “we handle T1 better because Jesus” and “Jesus doesn’t let us get sick because we’re holy” and “we are being tested by god” and a healthy dose of “this is somebody else’s fault.”
That poor kid. Pic on Instagram of how “infrared saunas make blood glucose go down!” B*tch, so does a hot tub, step off.

In her April 20 post, Sara Jo claims that her son's blood sugar went up while he was wearing a mask. She had driven over an hour to a public library that "didn't force medical decisions on us the last time we were there," but they were being meaningless this time, so she folded. She gave her kids "breathable masks that she found at the bottom of her purse" (yuck!). Lots of You Go, Mama! responses.

• Sad 1

The thing that people who haven’t lived with/around T1D don’t understand is that literally
E V E R Y T H I N G
affects blood glucose.
What you eat. How much you sleep. The weather. Your mood. Your hormones. Your activity level - today, sure, but yesterday’s too. Your stress level. Your health.
Masks don’t affect BG.
But if you’re stressed out because your mom won’t shut up about masks and how they’re evil and how everyone is stupid and bad and wrong and going to hell?
Your BG will shoot up like a damn rocket.
Also for all the “all we need for our health is Jesus” crap, they jumped on the high tech diabetes train PDQ. The T1 son has a Dexcom, which is a continuous glucose monitor that transmits blood glucose numbers to a phone (which then can send those readings to others). If they don’t have insurance, I cannot imagine how they’re paying for this.
Real talk, no snark: T1 is ruinously, bankruptingly expensive to have in America. I don’t want to get into it here, but insulin prices have doubled and doubled and doubled again, over and over. Insulin ALONE (no monitors or test strips or pumps or syringes) is about $1,000/mo. Recent surveys show that a significant portion of diabetics have had to ration their insulin, and there’s constant stories about people dying because they couldn’t get insulin.
Anyway they can swear off carbs forever - some people with T1 and T1 kids do. But he will still need insulin.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, JMarie said:

In her April 20 post, Sara Jo claims that her son's blood sugar went up while he was wearing a mask. She had driven over an hour to a public library that "didn't force medical decisions on us the last time we were there," but they were being meaningless this time, so she folded. She gave her kids "breathable masks that she found at the bottom of her purse" (yuck!). Lots of You Go, Mama! responses.

As a library worker: :angry-fire: to her.

• I Agree 6

Regarding the hair, she's probably referring to the story of Navajo trackers who displayed outstanding, almost supernatural feats of tracking while on their land but when recruited by the military during Vietnam & forced to get the military haircut they lost all tracking abilities.

Snopes has disproved this, but a lot of people don't believe in Snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/native-american-scouts-long-hair-provided-almost-supernatural-tracking-abilities-vietnam-war/

• Thank You 6

• 3 months later...

Rose had the baby on July 23, 2021. It's a girl. From the pictures she definitely had homebirth and possibly an unassisted birth, although her two young sons were watching her give birth. It would have been hard on her sons if anything had gone wrong before their eyes. 

This is from her Instagram.

We have a daughter! Her name is Olivet Marigold ❁

She is 8 lbs 10 oz, born yesterday in our home with her two proud big brothers watching. Isaac and I have uttered “is this real life” and “I can’t believe it” at least one hundred times each.. she is too perfect for words.

Olivet - Mount Olivet in Jerusalem. The place where Jesus ascended into heaven and the place where he will physically return. ‘On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east.’ Zechariah 14:4 (pronounced ah-live-et)

Marigold - golden flower (We are quite taken with Goldie as a nickname )

She took  baby Olivet to see a chiropractor for an adjustment. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

19 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Rose had the baby on July 23, 2021. It's a girl. From the pictures she definitely had homebirth and possibly an unassisted birth, although her two young sons were watching her give birth. It would have been hard on her sons if anything had gone wrong before their eyes. 

This is from her Instagram.

She took  baby Olivet to see a chiropractor for an adjustment. 

Not even two weeks old and she needs an adjustment? 

No. No, no, no. If she has a problem she needs to go to a pediatrician, not a chiropractor who may or may not have a clue what's going on. And if she doesn't have a problem, why are they messing with newborn's spine?!?!

• I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Not even two weeks old and she needs an adjustment? 

No. No, no, no. If she has a problem she needs to go to a pediatrician, not a chiropractor who may or may not have a clue what's going on. And if she doesn't have a problem, why are they messing with newborn's spine?!?!

Chiro appointments for newborns shortly after birth are horrifyingly common amongst the extreme crunchy crowd.  Supposedly needed due to birth trauma.  

You can find videos on youtube.  It's largely just passive range of motion to the neck.  Not cracking or anything.  Thankfully.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Chiro appointments for newborns shortly after birth are horrifyingly common amongst the extreme crunchy crowd.  Supposedly needed due to birth trauma.  

You can find videos on youtube.  It's largely just passive range of motion to the neck.  Not cracking or anything.  Thankfully.

Horrifying is the word. And why would there be birth trauma if there was a "perfect" homebirth/unassisted birth? 

• Upvote 3