IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 5: Oprah, Racism, and Gossip! Oh My!

nelliebelle1197

I doubt she is too far along in her pregnancy to fly, especially since they'd go by private jet and could easily have a doctor and midwife on board if necessary. 

However, the pregnancy will be used as a welcome excuse to avoid an awkward situation. It will already be uncomfortable enough just with Harry present. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Grandma D said:

This is why not airing your dirty laundry for all the world is wise. How awkward now for them being so petty and entitled when life is short and Harry's family has devoted themselves to public service and Meghan just couldn't live up to it. I wish she had more class for Harry's sake. 

Everything about this post is gross. 

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Harry obviously did not want a well bred English Aristocrat or near Aristocrat and they did not want him enough to join the Corgi and pony show. Only Time will tell if what he got was worth all this upheaval and bad blood and separation. 

He needs to go to his family now with or without his wife but every time she goes to family events drama happens and it becomes the MEGHAN! SHOW! So maybe it’s better if she stays away and takes it easy with her son.

• Downvote 10
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Can we stop talking about women as WELL BRED?! Jesus fuck some people are absolutely disgusting. 

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

His grandfather died not hers.  His grandmother has lost her soul mate not her grandmother.  His father lost a parent not her father. 

11 minutes ago, viii said:

Can we stop talking about women as WELL BRED?! Jesus fuck some people are absolutely disgusting. 

Definition of well-bred

Somewhat  old-fashioned : having or displaying the politeness and good manners associated especially with people of high social class

As is Beatrice, Eugenie and most of the women who dated Harry.  I personally think politeness and good manners are good things but you do you I guess. 

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 11
  • WTF 1

Sorry I don’t refer to women as how they are fucking bred like they’re cattle. I will gladly keep doing me if it means doing the opposite of your racist and sexist ass. 

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

If Prince Phillip truly loved his grandson Harry, there should have been no ill will between them at the end. That's all I will say about PrInCe Phillip. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

There wasn’t that I know of. I am sure Phillip was disappointed and hurt about how Harry and his (Not) well bred wife have treated and accused them though. 

• Downvote 12

5 hours ago, Grandma D said:

This is why not airing your dirty laundry for all the world is wise. How awkward now for them being so petty and entitled when life is short and Harry's family has devoted themselves to public service and Meghan just couldn't live up to it. I wish she had more class for Harry's sake. 

I definitely agree that funeral is going to be pretty damn awkward, but I disagree that it's down to Meghan's lack of "class". 

Harry and Meghan have fully acted as a team throughout this whole thing - it's not the evil succubus Meghan luring Harry away from his family; he was nodding along to everything she said, including stuff about titles and security he ought to know damn well was not true. In fact, he put the family on blast more than she did. 

As Meghan's never been reported as cheating in school, calling a colleague a racial slur or dressed up as a Nazi, I'd say she brings more class to the marriage than Harry did. 

Ultimately, Harry and Meghan had the right to discuss their experiences as they saw them, particularly in weighty issues like racism and mental health. Philip was in his nineties and has been frail for a long time; they couldn't keep delaying an interview because he might die when that day could come at any time. 

I think that Harry and Meghan's refusal to recognise that his father and grandmother might have had a lot on their plate when he sat down to the interview was a pretty poor look, as well as the pretty blatant distortion of the truth at different points in the interview.

But if anyone's not lived up to a standard, I think it's less the married-in newcomer who, if nothing else, has clearly struggled with her mental health over her time as a royal, and more the spoiled prince who clearly hasn't been told "no" very often. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, meep said:

If Prince Phillip truly loved his grandson Harry, there should have been no ill will between them at the end. That's all I will say about PrInCe Phillip. 

Eh, I think that Philip - or any family member of Harry's for that matter - could love him deeply and still be pretty furious at how he's done things. The way Harry's behaved since just prior to his marriage appears to have put a rift between him and a lot of his family for different reasons. 

Even excluding the interview - which I'm not sure Philip would been greatly aware of given his hospital stint and poor health - his initial departure from the royal family in which they issued an unapproved statement basically declaring that they would remain royals but call the shots on any decisions, pursue any commercial activities they wanted because a minor royal working in an art gallery is totally the same as a main royal signing multimillion deals with Netflix, and incorrectly claimed that they were IPPs so would expect Canada and the UK to be on the hook for any security going forward...did not go down well with the royals or public to say the least. 

Plus, recent reports have been that, since Gayle King publicly announced that Harry had had "unproductive talks" with his family since the interview, most of the senior BRF were wary about even talking to Harry because the conversation could end up splashed over the next day's papers, which I doubt Philip would be thrilled by. 

Edited by Xanariel
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Xanariel said:

As Meghan's never been reported as cheating in school, calling a colleague a racial slur or dressed up as a Nazi, I'd say she brings more class to the marriage than Harry did. 

But if anyone's not lived up to a standard, I think it's less the married-in newcomer who, if nothing else, has clearly struggled with her mental health over her time as a royal, and more the spoiled prince who clearly hasn't been told "no" very often. 

I have nothing to add to these two statements, I just thought they deserved repetition. :clap:

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

I have nothing to add to these two statements, I just thought they deserved repetition. :clap:

Harry has made mistakes but he seems to be able to have empathy and connect with people whereas Meghan is an outright narcissist who needs someone like him to control and isolate. Its classic. And very sad. 

• Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 1

Well. He is pretty isolated now from his family and most of his old friends and that’s the truth plus  He also seems to have no agency or control anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

So I have a lot of thoughts on this.

1. I have no doubt much coverage of Meghan was racist.

2. I think the family member who discussed Archie’s potential skin tone was someone the public already sees as ridiculous - like Princess Michael of Kent or Prince Andrew - because if it was someone else they would have named them by now. By not naming them they have actually kept that flame burning much brighter than it would have otherwise.

3. Meghan is smart and media savvy - but as a previous poster said - celebrity and royalty are two very different things and her skills don’t necessarily translate.

4. Harry isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

5. The one thing though that I keep going back to is that every time H and M run to the press, it is to talk about themselves. All they discuss is themselves and it come off very narcissistic on both of their parts. The royal family only seems to court the media to bring attention to their causes, it never is about themselves. For me, that’s the material difference.

• Upvote 15

13 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry obviously did not want a well bred English Aristocrat or near Aristocrat and they did not want him enough to join the Corgi and pony show. Only Time will tell if what he got was worth all this upheaval and bad blood and separation. 

He needs to go to his family now with or without his wife but every time she goes to family events drama happens and it becomes the MEGHAN! SHOW! So maybe it’s better if she stays away and takes it easy with her son.

With this sentence you deeply insulted almost every woman on this damn planet for their familial background, upbringing and heritage! What is so fucking special about a "well bred english aristocrat" that only them can be considered as a worthy spouse for a guy like Harry, who is only what he is by accident of being born into his family? That is some deeply misogynistic and classist shit sprinkled with rasism and I imagined reading something here on FJ, but given your comment history on the royal threads, I'm not surprised.

• Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 7

49 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

With this sentence you deeply insulted almost every woman on this damn planet for their familial background, upbringing and heritage! What is so fucking special about a "well bred english aristocrat" that only them can be considered as a worthy spouse for a guy like Harry, who is only what he is by accident of being born into his family? That is some deeply misogynistic and classist shit sprinkled with rasism and I imagined reading something here on FJ, but given your comment history on the royal threads, I'm not surprised.

That’s your opinion whatever. But can you say it’s not true? More than one of these well bred( GTF over it) Aristo adjacent women turned him and Royal life down and after Cressida Bonas he did not have a serious relationship with the like. 

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 8
  • Disgust 1

13 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s your opinion whatever. But can you say it’s not true? More than one of these well bred( GTF over it) Aristo adjacent women turned him and Royal life down and after Cressida Bonas he did not have a serious relationship with the like. 

What does "well-bred" even mean? English? White? Only married other aristocrats going back to the Normans? 

Kate isn't an aristocrat or "well-bred" - Carole Middleton was an air stewardess whose parents descend from coalminers. Any American wanting to discuss the British class system can get an indication just from this - the Middletons are very wealthy and could afford to send their kids to the same kind of schools the royals went to, but Kate still received a load of mockery from the press and aristocrats alike for being common and having a mother who had worked in a low-class job. 

Sophie, the Queen's favourite daughter-in-law, isn't remotely aristocratic and had to work for a living before dating Edward. 

Both the Queen Mother ("a little girl from Scotland") and Princess Margaret's first husband Lord Snowdon were looked down on by foreign royal families at the time, even though the QM was daughter of an earl and Snowdon's family tree was filled with distinguished connections. 

Harry's old girlfriend Chelsea wasn't British at all - she was a white South African. Cressida was part of the aristocracy, but she and Harry obviously weren't right for each other, hence why they're now both happily married to other people. 

And Diana and Fergie were both "well-bred" but that didn't mean either of them worked out great as royal brides. 

• Upvote 20
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Define your definition of "well breed" and maybe try not to sound like either an eugenicist or a crazy lady breeding a fancy overbreed dog breed and trying to sell me an overprized puppy with health issues from inbreeding. Because the only special thing about these women is that they come from aristocratic families and that's no achivement, just luck of birth. And who cares of the "aristocratic" circles in GB think about Harry. If he would decide today to divorce Megan and going back to be a working royal, there will be enough "well breed" upper crust women ready to throw themselfs at his feet to become a part of the royal family and the status that comes with that.

The United Kingdom (consiting of England, Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland for your info) and the Commonwealth of Nations the Queen is the represantive head of, is made of a very diverse array of people from a very diverse cultural, educational, religious and class background. And saying that the royal family, represenating these diverse array of people should only marry from a very small, very priviledged group of people and that everyone outside of these tiny, narrow group is not worth as a spouse and a digrace is insane.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

58 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

And saying that the royal family, representing these diverse array of people should only marry from a very small, very privileged group of people and that everyone outside of these tiny, narrow group is not worth as a spouse and a disgrace is insane.

Not to mention that's how we get the Hapsburg jaw!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Not to mention that's how we get the Hapsburg jaw!

That’s why Queen Victorian never married any of her children into that line. She felt rightly so  they were an unhealthy and mentally unstable lot with way too much Interbreeding. 2nd cousins is one thing but marrying aunts to nephews and uncles to nieces for 300 years is entirely another. 

Harry will go and she won’t. That’s just as well and better for all involved. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s why Queen Victorian never married any of her children into that line. She felt rightly so  they were an unhealthy and mentally unstable lot with way too much Interbreeding. 2nd cousins is one thing but marrying aunts to nephews and uncles to nieces for 300 years is entirely another. 

How funny, thanks to inbreeding and marrying cousins several decendants of Victoria and Albert had haemophilia, most prominently the last Tsarevich Alexei. The issues associated with the Habsburg jaw wheren't an issue in the 19th century anymore due to a changed marriage practice. During the time of Victoria's reign, the marriage politics and genetic diversity of both royal houses where similiar with marrying off distant cousins. A marriage between a member of the british royal house and the austrian or spanish royal houses was of the table because of religion, not genetics. Austria- Hungary (House of Habsburg) and Spain (House of Bourbon) where catholic, a big no no for the protestant brits. Having a granddaughter of Victoria marrying the next Tzar of Russia and changing from protestant to russian orthodox christianity was enough.

And I'm still waiting for your answer on my question what you consider a "well breed" woman worthy of marrying into the royal family.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

You can wait then. I don’t owe you or anyone else an explanation but I will say you can look up the dictionary definition of well bred and that’s my definition :) 

If you don’t believe me that Victoria felt that way do some googling why don’t you. 

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3

6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You can wait then. I don’t owe you or anyone else an explanation but I will say you can look up the dictionary definition of well bred and that’s my definition :) 

If you don’t believe me that Victoria felt that way do some googling why don’t you. 

Ah, let me guess, none of these dictionary entries about "well breed" practices will involve humans, only animals. Maybe besides the dictionary for the casual racist and classist eugenicist written and printed in the first few decades of the 20th century.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

My dictionary defines well-bred as “having or showing good breeding or manners”.

As a Brit well-bred’s primary meaning for me would be a person, but it’s not a something I can ever remember saying or hearing it only comes up in historical reading. It’s a term which definitely carries connotations of being better than other people which is why I wouldn’t use it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic