IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 5: Oprah, Racism, and Gossip! Oh My!

nelliebelle1197

It's not an obsession or fetish, but it's an extremely relevant topic in the discussion with Harry and Meghan. By pretending it doesn't exist, you do more damage and disservice. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

When it’s all you talk about and the only argument you have in any discussion and resort to calling people that with no reason as a first and last resort it’s an obsession.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lady Colin Campbell is to royalty what Pickles is to the Duggars. She has sources and sometimes get things right but I wouldn’t believe anything she says without corroboration. If I see her as a source for something I don’t even bother to continue reading/watching it.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh my holy shit! It was not! 

What was not?  Why don't quote what you're responding so people can follow?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The comment had nothing to do with complexions or skin color...

Then she obviously doesn't know what she's talking about or perhaps she's referring to a separate conversation because Harry and Meghan clearly said there were discussions about what the baby's skin colour would be. That has absolutely everything to do with race. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Why do you so absolutely believe these people without doubt? You don’t know them , you are not their friend or know anyone who knows them.  Given when she flat out lied already not to mention twisted and changed stories more than once. 

6 minutes ago, viii said:

Then she obviously doesn't know what she's talking about or perhaps she's referring to a separate conversation because Harry and Meghan clearly said there were discussions about what the baby's skin colour would be. That has absolutely everything to do with race. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The comment had nothing to do with complexions or skin color...

Then what is this conversation even about?  You were the one who said this woman said Anne was the source of the comment.

The comment in question was about how dark Archie's skin might be.  If that wasn't what she said then she wasn't talking about the source of THE comment about which all the speculation has been happening.  

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Why do you so absolutely believe these people without doubt? You don’t know them , you are not their friend or know anyone who knows them.  Given when she flat out lied already not to mention twisted and changed stories more than once. 

I don't believe Harry and Meghan without a doubt. I think they often speak without thinking and I have seen how their stories sometimes change to fit their narratives. However, given how upset they seemed about these discussions, I am going to believe more in their word than in some random lady who isn't really connected to them. 

• Upvote 9

I referenced Lady Colin’s book in a previous post, but she’s definitely not an authoritative source. She probably does know what’s being said among the English upper class. Apparently lots of people view her as a clearinghouse for Royal gossip. Pickles is an excellent comparison. Her book made a huge deal of one story that is revealing (if it’s true). Allegedly, at the first Buckingham Palace garden party that Meghan attended, she happily posed for photos, and then when the real work of chatting with guests began, she told Harry she was bored and wanted to leave, a huge violation of the Royal emphasis on duty, keeping to your set schedule, and keeping your mouth shut when there are eavesdroppers around.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Edit:

sorry this has already been discussed - the page didn’t update for me and I missed a bunch of posts!!

News reports are saying that Princess Anne is the mystery racist who had concerns about how dark Archie’s skin would be. I’m not sure the source is credible but more information is bound to come out. 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/princess-anne-finally-revealed-as-royal-accused-of-racism-by-harry-and-meghan/news-story/b0c285473a568cc2c01036c9fcea251d

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Her book made a huge deal of one story that is revealing (if it’s true). Allegedly, at the first Buckingham Palace garden party that Meghan attended, she happily posed for photos, and then when the real work of chatting with guests began, she told Harry she was bored and wanted to leave, a huge violation of the Royal emphasis on duty, keeping to your set schedule, and keeping your mouth shut when there are eavesdroppers around.

Coming from a celebrity mindset (and Harry does not seem to have prepped her well for the difference in being a royal vs. a celebrity), she might not have realized that there is a lot of boring chitchat involved at those functions vs. showing up at red carpet and being able to move from after-party to after-party.

• Upvote 4

No dice. Still an over 30 year old adult . Saying your bored and don’t want to play anymore and just leaving is what a kid does. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, adidas said:

What is the actual quote attributed to Princess Anne please? I can’t watch the clip at work. 

She doesn’t really say. This lady is an idiot though and basically just says Anne knew what Meghan was made of from the start and Harry just perverted his family’s concern for him. 

Just racists being racists. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

a huge violation of the Royal emphasis on duty, keeping to your set schedule, and keeping your mouth shut when there are eavesdroppers around.

I know the definition of duty technically fits, but most people use the word to mean something of significance.  Duty to protect others, duty to provide for the children you bring into the world, duty to help our fellow man, duty to our employer because we need to earn a living.

Can we stop pretending that these people and their social requirements are of any import to anyone whatsoever?

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

No dice. Still an over 30 year old adult . Saying your bored and don’t want to play anymore and just leaving is what a kid does. 

It's what I would do. 

Then again, if someone told me I'd have to curtsey to their grandmother I'd tell them to fuck right off.  I guess it's a good thing fancy pants people have no interest in socializing with me.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

Lady Collin Campbell is great at re-phrasing old news with a fake posh accent, throwing in some snobbish attitude and (I have to give her that) is a master with words sometimes. That is all. She has not presented anything new or any evidence on anything. The Princess Anne story was in the Mail before the video came out.

Anyone who believes she is still privy to any inside information about the Royal Family deluded themselves. There are tons of Lords, Ladies/Earls/Dukes that nothing more than a distant acquaintance with members of the BRF if even. 

Her marriage was over quickly, but I can only applaud her for leaving an abusive and violent relationship. I mean, she married him after an extremely short time and probably was a gold-digger but that doesn’t excuse getting physically abused. There are always two involved- if you don’t realise marrying after one week or so is not normal you shouldn’t be surprised. They also divorced after 14 months. Definitely not enough time to really get accepted into certain circles. They met in the US so it’s not as if she had contacts in her own previously to the marriage.

I think she should stop riding piggyback on a title she only has because she was married to a Lord once. Her whole stick depends on it. No one would listen if she was just Mrs./Ms. Campbell. On the one hand it is cool because she uses her resources to her benefit and to me it looks like sticking the finger to her abuser, but it’s also pathetic and a bit sad she cannot be successful without.

Interesting fact- she was raised as a boy for 21 years. So in many ways I admire her for making her way, long before intersexuality/LGBTQ’s  etc. were even at the brink of being accepted.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

It would be fascinating if Archie or his sister decided to rebel against their parents by moving to the UK and embracing their royal heritage. It’s actually already happened in Diana’s family. Her maternal grandfather Maurice Roche‘s parents were divorced, and he was raised by his mother Frances Work as an American, using her maiden name, because her rich father despised the British aristocracy. Maurice graduated from Harvard in 1909. When his grandfather died, Maurice had to sue to claim his inheritance even though he planned to live in Britain and use his title, 4th Baron Fermoy (which the will forbade). After he inherited his title in 1920 he was off to Britain, where he became friends with King George VI (they spent the last day of the King’s life together), and the rest was history.

• Thank You 7

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

She has not presented anything new or any evidence on anything. 

That’s what I suspected. I’m going to wait until quotes are provided by a reliable source. Until then it’s all speculation. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/31/2021 at 1:44 PM, tabitha2 said:

Pot calling the kettle black here. You don't know this Lady Colin Campbell woman from Adam, and she makes shit up too. But I guess if you hate Meghan Markle, you get the benefit of the doubt.

16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Then again, if someone told me I'd have to curtsey to their grandmother I'd tell them to fuck right off.  I guess it's a good thing fancy pants people have no interest in socializing with me.

Seriously! I remember when I was watching the most recent season of "The Crown," I got so annoyed during the scene where Diana is being introduced to the family, and they keep scolding her for not curtsying in the proper manner and order. If I were her, I would've snapped and been like, "At the end of the day, it doesn't fucking matter!"

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It would be fascinating if Archie or his sister decided to rebel against their parents by moving to the UK and embracing their royal heritage. It’s actually already happened in Diana’s family. Her maternal grandfather Maurice Roche‘s parents were divorced, and he was raised by his mother Frances Work as an American, using her maiden name, because her rich father despised the British aristocracy. Maurice graduated from Harvard in 1909. When his grandfather died, Maurice had to sue to claim his inheritance even though he planned to live in Britain and use his title, 4th Baron Fermoy (which the will forbade). After he inherited his title in 1920 he was off to Britain, where he became friends with King George VI (they spent the last day of the King’s life together), and the rest was history.

Agreed! Archie and sister running back to England to become full time royals would be amazing! I can just imagine the movie that would be made:

Archie yelling at Harry: “I want to live the life I was born to live!”

Harry: “But I gave you a perfect life here!”

Archie: “I was meant to be a prince! I can help more people and make a bigger difference as a prince! Why are you so afraid of your past?”

And so on.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Hopefully they work ethic and common sense of most of the rest of his paternal family just skipped dear old dad and Archie and Sister will do better. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 2

15 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Agreed! Archie and sister running back to England to become full time royals would be amazing! I can just imagine the movie that would be made:

Archie yelling at Harry: “I want to live the life I was born to live!”

Harry: “But I gave you a perfect life here!”

Archie: “I was meant to be a prince! I can help more people and make a bigger difference as a prince! Why are you so afraid of your past?”

And so on.

Well if either Chuck or Willy sign the Letters Patent..

Charles is Harry’s father so he probably won’t but William probably won’t be so forgiving esp after Meg talked About Kate the way she did and told talk  show hosts about private family conversation  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic