IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 16: Praise - ing Their Brooklyn All the Day Long!

nelliebelle1197

Maybe they should bring Grandma home to care for her themselves if they are so adamant everything be done their way. I don’t think anyone has a job-job and half those kids look old enough to help. Why I bet Joe and Kendra could be persuaded to add an addition to the house they gave them. Maybe a go-fund me. These people are so grifty. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4

They deleted and turned off comments. They did the same thing when they posted lots of pictures traveling around maskless when the whole country was in lockdown. They can’t handle the pushback. They are very thin skinned. 

• Upvote 34

2 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

In addition to all of the nonsense mentioned above, my first reaction to seeing the photo of the mother was to gasp. They compromised her dignity by releasing that photo for some meaningless internet 'likes', which is appalling. 

I would put an addendum in my living will that no photos be posted of me when I am in extremis in hospice, except I am pretty sure that no one in my close circle of friends and family would be callous enough to do so. 

• Upvote 31

I’ve seen so many photos of people very Sick and dying posted by fundies. But I almost never see that kind of thing from anyone I’m friends with on fb. 

When my grandma was dying, no one would even think of posting a pic online because we all knew how she cared about her looks. She always make sure her hair was done and had lipstick on. But they made sure to have her nails nicely painted because she loved that. So the only picture of her when dying was someone holding her freshly manicured hand. That’s it. Because that’s what she would have preferred. 

• Upvote 24
  • Love 22

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve seen so many photos of people very Sick and dying posted by fundies. But I almost never see that kind of thing from anyone I’m friends with on fb. 

When my grandma was dying, no one would even think of posting a pic online because we all knew how she cared about her looks. She always make sure her hair was done and had lipstick on. But they made sure to have her nails nicely painted because she loved that. So the only picture of her when dying was someone holding her freshly manicured hand. That’s it. Because that’s what she would have preferred. 

The photo of the manicured hand seems more poignant, doesn’t it? It’s considerate and dignified and says so much about who she was.

When ghastly, explicit photos of someone very ill or on their deathbed are posted on social media, it always feels to me less about the sick person and more attention-getting from the poster who seems to b saying, “isn’t it terrible what I am going through because so-and-so is sick? Feel badly for ME.” 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

2 hours ago, Cam said:

The photo of the manicured hand seems more poignant, doesn’t it? It’s considerate and dignified and says so much about who she was.

When ghastly, explicit photos of someone very ill or on their deathbed are posted on social media, it always feels to me less about the sick person and more attention-getting from the poster who seems to b saying, “isn’t it terrible what I am going through because so-and-so is sick? Feel badly for ME.” 

So much this. Michelle Barger (Ben Seewald's sister) had a picture of her grandma on her deathbed, and all I could think of was how that poor woman probably would have hated to be seen like that. There are so many more dignified ways to ask for sympathy.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

Maybe I'm just strange. After I grew up and moved away from home, my annual trip back home always included lots of pictures of my parents. Fast forward several years, to the point where Dad had bought prostate cancer for many years but the cancer invaded the rest of his body including his brain. I got the call but I needed to come home as quickly as possible because Dad was in hospice. I made it back in the very wee hours of the last day of his life, after spending the day flying. When I went into his room at the hospice and looked at him my first thought was that is not my Dad. This man who was never tall but always muscular and strong look like a scrawny plucked chicken. It was so hard to even look at him I cannot imagine taking a picture of him in this state. I still prefer to think of my dad as the younger stronger man who carried my foot locker up to the fourth floor, the only one on campus, because that's where my residence hall room was.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 38

Dear lord, even if they think everyone should make their own decisions about Covid, or that it's no worse than a bad cold etc etc etc, SURELY they understand that it is the worst possible thing for a stroke victim to get? Her respiratory system is compromised enough as it is, however healthy she was pre-stroke she is now CEV and needs to be protected from any germs they are carrying, not just covid.

Just... SMH that they still feel that their right to not mask/distance trumps their mother's right to avoid a terrible illness that could kill her. It's not like she can currently choose to step away from them. Her safety is entirely in their hands.

Fuck them, honestly.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

Dear lord, even if they think everyone should make their own decisions about Covid, or that it's no worse than a bad cold etc etc etc, SURELY they understand that it is the worst possible thing for a stroke victim to get? Her respiratory system is compromised enough as it is, however healthy she was pre-stroke she is now CEV and needs to be protected from any germs they are carrying, not just covid.

Just... SMH that they still feel that their right to not mask/distance trumps their mother's right to avoid a terrible illness that could kill her. It's not like she can currently choose to step away from them. Her safety is entirely in their hands.

Fuck them, honestly.

Not to mention their decisions and behavior don't just affect their relative, but the workers and other residents of the facility.  I may have danced on a few heads who wanted to visit unvaxxed and unmasked where my mother lives. They were allowed a distanced visit outdoors unless/until their behavior changed.  

The director was in favor of family of other residents being out-spoken about the rights of our relatives to stay healthy and not be exposed to not just COVID, but flu, colds, etc., also.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

Yes! I got tired of the nonsensical masking in my state (masks at an outdoor farmer’s market? 🙄) but this is a community with clearly vulnerable people. No one is infringing your right by saying: okay. You don’t want to mask? Have a nice outdoor visit. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4

We have a friend in a nursing home. We are vaxed, and wear masks and a shield. With all those precautions, there was a recent outbreak. Right now, his wife is allowed to visit him by appointment, outdoors. If you can't follow simple rules, then maybe you don't need to visit. And certainly, don't post a picture of mom on Facebook. Dignity is important, no matter your age.

• Upvote 16

my grandfather died of stroke 4 years ago and I would never, ever have taken a picture of him let alone posted it online. I loved him so much and although his brain was pretty scrambled he was so ashamed of the situation he was in at the end. His anguish in this regard was painful. He would never have wanted anyone to see him that way - he was mortified that his closest family did - and I'd never betray him like that. I can't believe they see this as something they have a right to share with strangers.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 18

fundiefan ~ I do not know you but I am sorry to hear of your terminal illness. Offering cyber hugs to you. May not be that effective, but guaranteed not to spread Covid. (((Hugs)))

• Upvote 17
  • Love 14

On 6/26/2022 at 8:40 AM, Cam said:

fundiefan ~ I do not know you but I am sorry to hear of your terminal illness. Offering cyber hugs to you. May not be that effective, but guaranteed not to spread Covid. (((Hugs)))

Me too fundiefan sending you light and love, I think everyone on here is, in their own way. A little bit of universal energy from all who read your story xoxoxo 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

On 6/25/2022 at 8:56 AM, fundiefan said:

I am terminally ill. Not one person has taken a picture of me since diagnosis. Not a single one. No one has even asked. For that, I am extremely grateful.

Fundiefan, I don't know the right words, except to say I am sorry for your illness. And I'm glad you have family and friends who are respectful to you.

I was shocked when Lori Alexander's mother was dying. Lori, wasn't there, of course, but I looked at her sisters' public FB page. They posted a picture of her mother--clearly unconscious--in a hospital bed. I thought that was so shocking and disrespectful. I doubt Mrs. Falk (Lori's mom) would have wanted that. About 12 family members were standing around the bed, staring at the camera, flashing big white smiles. Like they were at a picnic or something. The whole thing was so bizarre and so terribly disrespectful, imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2

A few days ago FB showed me a photo of a family I’m acquainted with gathered around the coffin of a deceased family member. And, yes, the dead woman’s face was visible.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

34 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

A few days ago FB showed me a photo of a family I’m acquainted with gathered around the coffin of a deceased family member. And, yes, the dead woman’s face was visible.

There are no words to describe the ghastliness of this. 

The following may be sensitive to some on the subject of death.

Spoiler

IIRC, awhile back, there was a young blogger, a married woman with a bit of a following, whose husband died by suicide. I followed a few Facebook headlines on the story. At the young man’s funeral, the wife and four or five of her also young female friends had a photo taken of themselves. Dressed to the nines in their Sunday best: soft, flowy dresses, nice shoes, long flowing perfectly curled hair, all of them linking arms with heads bowed. To me, the photo said, “Look at me and all my pretty friends.”  “Look how perfect we look in mourning.”  It felt very staged, as if even in death, the wife and her friends were angling for good optics for her blog. “The Stepford Mourners.”  While not necessarily in bad taste, I did not see the need for such a photo to be taken. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2022 at 9:29 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Another trigger warning for those sensitive to the subject of death: 

If you ever go on the "Herman Cain Awardz" FB page or the "Sorry Anti Vaxxer" website, you wouldn't believe the photos people take of their dead and dying relatives in the hospital hooked up to machines, and they have absolutely no qualms posting them on social media for the world to see.  Even worse: living relatives posing next to the hospital bed-ridden corpse.   It is absolutely mind-blowing and disgraceful. Once again, it never shocks me what people will do.    

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • I Agree 1

On 6/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, Cam said:

There are no words to describe the ghastliness of this. 

The following may be sensitive to some on the subject of death.

Hide contents

IIRC, awhile back, there was a young blogger, a married woman with a bit of a following, whose husband died by suicide. I followed a few Facebook headlines on the story. At the young man’s funeral, the wife and four or five of her also young female friends had a photo taken of themselves. Dressed to the nines in their Sunday best: soft, flowy dresses, nice shoes, long flowing perfectly curled hair, all of them linking arms with heads bowed. To me, the photo said, “Look at me and all my pretty friends.”  “Look how perfect we look in mourning.”  It felt very staged, as if even in death, the wife and her friends were angling for good optics for her blog. “The Stepford Mourners.”  While not necessarily in bad taste, I did not see the need for such a photo to be taken. 

You're talking about Camryn Turner.

In her defense, she was a teenager at the time.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

You're talking about Camryn Turner.

In her defense, she was a teenager at the time.

She was 20 years old when her husband died. The photo didn’t sit right with me, regardless of her age, for the reasons I stated.

2 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Another trigger warning for those sensitive to the subject of death: 

If you ever go on the "Herman Cain Awardz" FB page or the "Sorry Anti Vaxxer" website, you wouldn't believe the photos people take of their dead and dying relatives in the hospital hooked up to machines, and they have absolutely no qualms posting them on social media for the world to see.  Even worse: living relatives posing next to the hospital bed-ridden corpse.   It is absolutely mind-blowing and disgraceful. Once again, it never shocks me what people will do.    

Omg. Yes. I visited the SAV website numerous times. The photos are as you describe it: mind-blowing and disgraceful. And all too often followed by the good old GoFundMe link to help pay for medical and funeral costs (that a free vaccine would have prevented.)

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

I posted this in the Pearl thread, where the Caldwells were being discussed. The grandmother here seems to be Christina Caldwell's mother. It doesn't say that, but a while back the Caldwells posted a 4 generations photo of Christina's mother, Christina, Kendra, and Addison. It looks like the same woman. 

• Move Along 1

I believe that’s Paul’s mother. They posted pics with their mothers for Mother’s Day last year. Under spoiler.

Spoiler

01E82654-18E8-48CB-9E45-251DA43250B7.thumb.png.3cb5222da10f2da433d6efd4c2596d93.png

Spoiler

2683DE2E-1B32-4271-A6F1-ED202B4013E0.thumb.png.da967469c4e62d587a2eb6f6aff9751b.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Yeahhh I was gonna say… Christina’s mother is barely into menopause herself.

Edited by BadMurphy

• Coconut Flan locked this topic