IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!

nelliebelle1197

My husband and I dated in high school and his mother disliked me from day one. 

She sent me a high school graduation card with some money and I mailed her a thank you note. I i had not been around her much at all that point. When I next saw her she said “You know. You could have saved the stamp and just handed me that card. We don’t do things all fancy like that here.”  She was always somehow disappointed in me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 6
  • Love 8

8 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

My husband and I dated in high school and his mother disliked me from day one. 

She sent me a high school graduation card with some money and I mailed her a thank you note. I i had not been around her much at all that point. When I next saw her she said “You know. You could have saved the stamp and just handed me that card. We don’t do things all fancy like that here.”  She was always somehow disappointed in me. 

I’ve always been cordial with my mother-in-law, and I’ve tried really hard to stay on her good side because she and my husband are very tight.  Maybe even hand-on-stomach tight.  Hmmm.  🤔  Anyway, during holidays and other extended family gatherings, she’d freeze me out of conversations and occasionally remind me that I wasn’t really family (meaning blood relation).  About the umpteenth time that happened, I mostly gave up going to family events since who needs that embarrassment.  I’d hate to have to watch my every step entering a family like the Arndts.  That would be next level awkward if you tangled with the mother-in-law.  Eek!

Our 40th anniversary is coming up, and I’m still a disappointment, lol.  You just can’t please some people.  

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 4
  • Love 8

Thankfully I have a decent mother in law. Even though she has an extremely opinionated and blunt personality. She tries very hard not to be a bad mother in law. She said she had a very tumultuous relationship with her mother in law (my husband’s grandma) and she didn’t want to repeat that. I met my husband’s grandma when we were first dating and she had a very strong personality. So I could easily see how two very strong personalitied women like them would butt heads. I bet it was awful. I also want to take the route my mother in law is taking. I have two sons and I don’t want to have a tumultuous relationship with a daughter in law or a son in law (yes, I don’t know if either son with be totally straight so I’m keeping my mind open to the possibilities. They both say they never want to get married, lol).

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

• 4 weeks later...

This is killing me, no updates on the pending nuptials!

I went out to ther fb and website nothing noticeable about any changed. There is a video on how the parents punished the kids. I might go back and watch it. 

Anyway, I looked at the "about us" section of the website and saw pictures. One would think these people would look at how pictures look stacked on each other. I didn't alter anything in my screenshot.Screenshot_20230225-175407_Chrome.thumb.jpg.285507118fa92e4f32674676444bd7ec.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This is killing me, no updates on the pending nuptials!

I went out to ther fb and website nothing noticeable about any changed. There is a video on how the parents punished the kids. I might go back and watch it. 

Anyway, I looked at the "about us" section of the website and saw pictures. One would think these people would look at how pictures look stacked on each other. I didn't alter anything in my screenshot.Screenshot_20230225-175407_Chrome.thumb.jpg.285507118fa92e4f32674676444bd7ec.jpg

I wonder which is correct:

CD4C2EAF-9EF6-4721-AAD1-A1B7E41CAF22.jpeg

I was looking at Luke’s fb page and he actually believes this woman grew her finger back! She’s not a fucking starfish Luke! She just moved her hands to make it look like her finger grew! How gullible these man boys must be. 

6B300C2F-1EDD-4C51-8636-9194BA3F8C4F.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

“God is so much fun!” with his neat finger re-growing magic tricks while children the world over are raped and starved.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I mean God could have prevented the accident but he was having too much fun elsewhere.

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder which is correct:

CD4C2EAF-9EF6-4721-AAD1-A1B7E41CAF22.jpeg

I was looking at Luke’s fb page and he actually believes this woman grew her finger back! She’s not a fucking starfish Luke! She just moved her hands to make it look like her finger grew! How gullible these man boys must be. 

6B300C2F-1EDD-4C51-8636-9194BA3F8C4F.jpeg

This instagram is a TREASURE TROVE. My gods. These people are not dealing with reality. It's a group delusion.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, keen23 said:

The wedding shower looks to be next Saturday 04/01.

Their original wedding date was in March. They must of had to of moved it back for some reason. Which happens alot

Will the April fools day shower be a trick and it’s really a surprise wedding? Just kidding. The Arndts aren’t that laid back and fun.

51 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

Their original wedding date was in March. They must of had to of moved it back for some reason. Which happens alot

The new date is 5/7. The first one may have been a placeholder.

• Thank You 1

Isn't there a 100% likelihood the wedding will be at the Arndt Borg?  

And, ya know, those two are waiting for the wedding.  Who would put it off for a month or two when you are waiting.  Even Luke and Kara  Botkin got tired of waiting and just...got quietly married. 

At least the wedding photos will be lit. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The new date is 5/7. The first one may have been a placeholder.

They've changed their wedding date 3 times now 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I still can’t believe it. An Ardnt son getting married. 

I won't truly believe it until after the ceremony.

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

22 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I won't truly believe it until after the ceremony.

Has anyone done any sleuthing to see if there is new Arndt-owned property in the area?  I am assuming the newlyweds will want their own home and not have to live in one of the bunks at the main house.  

• Haha 7

They hid in the bushes again like little penguin creepers to get engagement pictures. 

Congrats James and Paige. Sorry you are marrying into a family of peeping toms.

9371755D-BB38-40A3-A04F-EB3E28199F87.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

On 3/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Has anyone done any sleuthing to see if there is new Arndt-owned property in the area?  I am assuming the newlyweds will want their own home and not have to live in one of the bunks at the main house.  

Don’t count on it! Maybe not in the main house, but in that brothers’ retreat? Maybe it’s a married brothers clubhouse. 😂

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They hid in the bushes again like little penguin creepers to get engagement pictures. 

Congrats James and Paige. Sorry you are marrying into a family of peeping toms.

9371755D-BB38-40A3-A04F-EB3E28199F87.jpeg

That bottom picture 😆 I’m imaging him galloping like a snail over and out of the bushes, scaring the shit out of that poor girl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Engaged isn't married.  They have all been single for soooooooooo long; it's hard to imagine they will actually get married,

I just have this feeling based on nothing but Cathy's hand on the stomach birthday photos, that she's not going to give up any of her boys easily.

• Upvote 4

Maybe each guy had to save up enough to buy a house before he could get engaged? 

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Maybe each guy had to save up enough to buy a house before he could get engaged? 

I don’t think so. They have made money for years. The oldest is in his 40s. I think this is due to the Arndt penguin group think. None of them had ever gotten engaged before. It was scary and new. They probably didn’t know how mom and dad would react. But once one brother did it, the rest followed. It’s like penguins jumping into icy waters. They all stand there until one brave penguin jumps. Then the rest follow soon after. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 10

True, they have made money for years, but the money the kidults made has supported the family for years.

It takes a lot of money to support all those Ardnts as well as fund the never-ending Vine Valley.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic